Solo Series Wish List

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Nightcrawler Artist!

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Darick »

This is a wish list, not a "plot a whole issue and then wait for it" thread. ;)
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

You’re no fun Derick. Let the lunatics dream a little. :nodyes
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Darick »

Hey Dazzy Dragon, no one's stopping you from dreaming, I just didn't want to see the thread derailed.

It's serving a purpose.
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Solo Series Wish List

Post by InterNutter »

Well, if you don't want an ish, how about a story arc? :D

Nighty meets/helps a young mutant [physical mutant of course] midway through their transformation from "normal" to "visibly mutant". Having the young mutie going through manifestation sickness [a misnomer named after the side-effects of having the body adapt to the new metabolic needs and/or physical transformation] is an optional bonus.

Must-have exchange:-
New Mutie: [after describing several icky symptoms] Did you go through this?
Nightcrawler: Actually, no. I had it a lot worse.
NM: (urk) Can't picture it being *worse*...
NC: I was born this way. I had to live my whole life with people staring.
NM: [reaction shot] Okay... that'd be pretty much crap. You win.
[Cue obligatory it's-not-so-bad-kid motivational speech]

...gold star for making said kid hurl on nighty after the speech :D [I can't stand saccharine]

And Darick, if you don't want this plotbunny, it's free to anyone who wants it. I breed the dang things.

[Someone take it before it gnaws my head off!]
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
spinifex
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Solo Series Wish List

Post by spinifex »

Swords! Yes! Shiny shiny swords.

My wish list? Keep his spirituality, but don't go overboard with it. It's obviously very important to him. And definitely keep it distinctly Roman Catholic, it's heartning to us Catholics out there to see a Catholic superhero.

And please - no Communion wafers as throwing stars :) It's the Body of Christ, not the Weaponry of Christ.

C-ko
"When are you people going to learn? It's not about right or wrong – it's a question of faith. It doesn't matter what you believe in – just that you believe. Your hearts are in the right place, but your brains gotta wake up!" -Dogma-
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Lauren »

Originally posted by spinifex

And please - no Communion wafers as throwing stars :) It's the Body of Christ, not the Weaponry of Christ.

C-ko
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! *snorts* I'm sorry, but that was just hilarious! *snickers softly*
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Diablo »

I'm not comfortable with the roman catholic thing.
There are too many religious heroes for me.
Besides, it's not the way he was created by Dave. In the beginning, Kurt was an atheist, just like Dave.
Delicate topic, I know.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Solo Series Wish List

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Diablo
I'm not comfortable with the roman catholic thing.
There are too many religious heroes for me.
Besides, it's not the way he was created by Dave. In the beginning, Kurt was an atheist, just like Dave.
Delicate topic, I know.
One problem I have with it is that since Catholicism is hardly a minority religion that whole point of a Catholic superhero is...? It's like not like there aren't millions of Catholics they can look up to anyway.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

What other Catholic superheroes are there? The Caped Crucifix?! :LOL
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Diablo »

Daredevil, Cap America,... even the Hulk sometimes ! Not kidding !
www.atlantys.biz

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Daredevil's religious??...:?
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Diablo »

Oh yes he is. Read Frank Miller's classic issues.
So I find the catholic devil thing a little redundant with Kurt.
www.atlantys.biz

spinifex
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Solo Series Wish List

Post by spinifex »

I don't think there's a whole lot of Catholic superheroes out there in mainstream comics, where the Catholicism is as overt as Nightcrawler's. While there's millions of Catholics to look up to, and it's not a minority religion, I still find it kind of cool to see it in a comic book. His devotion to the Rosary especially.

And he's a lot cuter than my parish priest :)

BTW, not offended at all, so don't worry about me,
C-ko
"When are you people going to learn? It's not about right or wrong – it's a question of faith. It doesn't matter what you believe in – just that you believe. Your hearts are in the right place, but your brains gotta wake up!" -Dogma-
Tonks Kittygoth
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Tonks Kittygoth »

The new series is amazing!
I love the dark feeling; it is very fitting to the glimpses of Kurt's private life we have seen so far. Alot of darkness, and gothicly beautiful cityscapes.

It has a feeling of a much pleasenter John Constantine/Hellblazer.
I would love that to continue. His humor accents that very nicely.

Please do continue the magical angle. It brings him out from the rest of the xmen and their very physical world.

As for Character Cameos, I would love to see Stephen Strange, mentioned in #2.
Also It would be great if it turned out that Kitty's X Pete Wisdom turned up. being less dead than he appeared last we saw him. (no one is ever very dead in comics).

Lockheed too.
Whatever doesnt kill you, makes you stronger. - Marcus Aurelius
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Solo Series Wish List

Pete Wisdom died AGAIN?
Tonks Kittygoth
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Tonks Kittygoth »

oh is he back alive, i missed something.
last i heard he was dead in x force or something?
Whatever doesnt kill you, makes you stronger. - Marcus Aurelius
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Diablo »

Sorry, I couldn't care less ! :D
www.atlantys.biz

Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Darick »

What happened to this thread? Are you folks telling me that you've all said what you wanted to say about what you WISH would happen over the course of a Nightcrawler solo series?

What a let down! :p
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Solo Series Wish List

Post by DoomInABox »

I would like to see the plot continue as tightly as it has been. It's nice to see a single story that runs straight from beginning to end of an arc with no interference.

For example, in the current arc the main theme is the mystery of Seth and the thirteen dead kids. It is not Amanda's prior/current relationship with Kurt, not Kurt's romantic tension with Ororo, and not anything about his past or his faith. These things have certainly come up, or have at least been hinted at, but the MAIN-MAIN focus is on Seth, the murdered children and that creepy Dr. Childs. One plot, no confusion.

I am finding that I enjoy this, and if this sort of writing continues (and the art remains fabulously up to par), I will be happy as a clam with a Bamf doll.

Though I and definitely holding out for some special appearances, specifically Stephen Strange (though I thought he was dead for some reason ... can't seem to recall why) or even Margali (maybe). There's tons of creepy-type stuff that Marvel expirimented with in the past ... it would be nice to have that mix of old and new keep coming,

ADD NOTE:
I please-pretty-please do NOT want to see anything about Azazel, not until we're AT LEAST a few story-arcs in, and only if you guys have one seriously KICK-A$$ story in mind.

In my opinion, Austen's "Draco" was way to rushed and choppy to have the impact and dramatic effect he was going for, and I'd hate to see this series suffer in the same way.
"Picture this: bumpity bumpity bumpity SPLAT!"
-- Nightcrawler, X-Men Evolution

Visit my art sites, please!
http://www.kenthayle.deviantart.com
http://www.geocities.com/ironthorncomics
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Bitsy »

Hi Darick! So, you're the brains behind the blue, huh? Basically, everyone already requested what I wanted (swords). Also, I like this whole mystery/inspection thing in issue #1 and #2. I've always been a sucker for those characters who aren't detectives, but always solve mysteries. (i.e. Murder She Wrote, Tintin, etc.)

Uh, question: I don't mean to ask for spoilers, but....Christine Palmer. Why did Amanda ask about her? Anything going to happen between her and Nighty. You know what I mean. *wink wink, nudge nudge* :naughty

Also, I see a bit of James Bond thing with him and the ladies. Not always going all-the-way.

BTW, could someone tell me something? I try to send U2Us to people but, I keep getting a window saying there's an error. Anyone else getting this of have gotten this.
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Solo Series Wish List

Post by InterNutter »

I keep thinking it might be cool to see Nighty paranoid about something... but then you'd have to figure what would get his hackles up. I'm kinda lost on that.

I also wish I could get my hands on some copies, but that's between me and my budget constraints.
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Solo Series Wish List

I request that Kurt meet up with a villain who is hot and male. First arc and I'm sick of hot babes on his side and ugly guys as the villains.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Solo Series Wish List

Post by Diablo »

Or hot and female. ;)
A cool, hot and female nemesis. :)
www.atlantys.biz

InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Solo Series Wish List

Post by InterNutter »

And while we're at it, why not a female on his side who isn't really all that attractive? Sure, bazoombas sell comics... but I'd love to see it nonetheless.
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Solo Series Wish List

Post by B A M F ! »

There was a Princess (who went through most of her life not knowing she was a Princess) that NIGHTCRAWLER single-handedly saved from ARCADE and Murderworld sometime ago. ( I think it was waaaaay back in like UNCANNY #204) I think her name was JUDITH ROSALYN.
She popped up again briefly in an EXCALIBUR one-shot a few years later (Commenting on how 'dashing' and 'handsome' Kurt looked...while she was at her own royal wedding of all places...:shocked )

Seeing as how she's a Princess and possible future Queen I think it'd be cool if she needed to call on Nightcrawlers help for some reason. A royal 'Damsel in Distress' would be right up Kurt's Swashbuckling alley if ya catch my drift!

B A M F !