I needs me some collaborators...

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Alright, here goes:

I was thinking it might be time to start another comic project. This time I'm going to try to be ambitious and force myself to finish it. The problem is... I am neither a writer (of dialogue or plot), nor am I a comic layout expert/designer (i.e., dealing with speech bubbles and frames). So, what I'm asking of you is, would anyone be interested in taking on these (immense) responsibilities?

Your mission, should you choose to accept it:

To help me create a collaborative comic with Nightcrawler as the lead. The person responsible for writing would be totally in charge of the story and all dialogue as it appears on the pages. So you would have complete control over what happens, mood, rating etc. - all that fun stuff. The layout person would be responsible for creating/organizing panels and speech bubbles, etc. (I know, this job sounds kind of crappy :( but maybe some people find this fun) I just don't have access to a program that allows me to quickly and easily do these things, myself. So this could be the same person as the writer.

As far as the comic goes, I'm thinking it should be relatively short (really, really hard to keep things short) so we might have some chance of finishing it and (maybe) submitting to X-Day by Jan. I'm going to be coloring in a different style, as well - using watercolors rather than Photoshop, so this may influence the type of story that we'd want to tell. We can discuss more in detail if anyone's interested.

I'm going to be kind of picky about collaborators because, well, this will be a huge time commitment on my part and I'd like us to come up with a really nice product at the end. Working on the 'Not so Lame' comic was definitely an interesting experience and very time-consuming. It helped me realize just how much I relied on my collaborator to do her job - and she did wonderful, professional-quality work :love I was lost without her...

Who knows, maybe this won't work out, but it would be kind of neat to try it and see what we can come up with. It would be a chance to also work creatively with a group and a good learning experience.

I also thought we could maybe get 3 or 4 different groups going, each making their own comics and posting them as we go along. It would be really neato-keano if all the creative people on 'Scrawlers could come forth and be creative together.

Anyone interested? Did I scare you off? Let me know what you think and we'll discuss...
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

This could be quite interesting to do, I'd be a writer since I really suck at anything else.
'To be a good designer, you have to be a very violent psychopath.' Stan Lee.
"If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart." -- Sir Ian McKellen
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

This has very little to do with your request except that the way you draw Kurt - the one of him saying goodbye to Margali and the one of him practicing with Amanda - is pretty close to exactly how I imagine him looking in my story Even Angels have Scars. I'm not sure how you describe it, but to me it's a slightly scruffier less refined version his adult self. He's a teenager, he's a circus performer, he's a mutant, he lives with a bunch of gypsies and somehow without knowing and possibly even without reading the story, you capture it perfectly.

I've always wanted to ask you for illustrations but have been afraid to for some odd reason. But perhaps a trade could be arranged? Maybe in return for a short story that could be turned into a comic?

I'm a student too so I don't have time while the semester is in swing, but during the breaks I'm sure I'll want something creative to make up for all that memorization during the year.

I'm not sure what kind of story you had in mind but it could be anything from a re-telling of one of the Angels stories, to a new story in that world with some of those characters, or perhaps we could collaborate on some totally new idea. A year ago I was very new to writing, but it's become a great creative outlet for me so I'm game to try new things.

You can send me an email if you want to talk about this some more: bohemian_junkie@mac.com

Thanks
-e
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Yay collaborations!:D I think it would be fun to work on a comic wif other people!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

I wouldn't mind. I'm a writer, not a drawer, though, unless you're talking sprites or something.
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Oooh, look at all the potential victims *evil grin*

Like I said, this is going to take some thinking on my part, but hopefully it will end up being a fun experience. I forgot to say that any other artists who would like to do something like this, please add a reply - it would be cool if we could get some other groups hooked up.

Zam: Actually, I'm kinda embarrassed :blush ... but I already did an illustration for your story, I just didn't ask permission and didn't post it. Can you forgive me :oops: It's just something I do when I'm reading, you know... for personal enjoyment. Since we don't have u2u anymore, it just seemed like too much trouble to bother you with it. I'm evil, I know... I'll send it to you, if you want.

I might be pretty silent until Tuesday - I've got a manuscript that needs to get done... or else, so I might not be replying much until after it's finished. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, though!

Cheers!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

dont send it, post it! we all wanna see!!

And blue, I may be interested in collaborations....though I can't promise anything. I'm taking a 22 credit courseload next semester, directing a play, AND working on my senior project....so lets see...

But maybe I'll come up with something over winter break..;)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Gotta say it sounds like an extremely interesting and entertaining proposition, but I somehow doubt my description heavy, dialogue light writing style would translate well to a comic format. *sigh*

Hope you manage to get something put together that works out for you, though. I've really missed your first comic and I'd love to see another one.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

I'd be willing to do layout as well as writing, but, alas, I haven't a graphics program.... So it'd just be writing, editing, plotting, and all those fine points. But considering the amount of writing talent you already have lined up for this, looks like I need to stand in line. ;)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

I'd be really interested in writing dialogue! I'm a huge fan of your artwork and I loved the Kuroro comic you were working on!

If you want, I could write something short and send it to you so you can see if it's the kind of thing you're looking for. The semester is winding down now, so I should have plenty of time to write really soon.

I'd love to see your illustration for Zam's story too!!! :D
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Hi, Bluefooted!

I wrote a brief script-like story, and I'd really like to send it to you so you can look it over and see if it's the kind of thing you're looking for. It's a murder mystery that Kurt has to solve and it's in two parts. Is there a way I can contact you so I can send the draft directly to you? The U2U here isn't working.

If you want to get in contact with me, my e-mail address is chrestomanci1701@yahoo.com.

~Rowena
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Bluefooted, please email me. I have a myriad of questions for you about your art and such. :D

christopher@cstuck.com

I will also throw my hat in the ring and offer to at least letter this comic, if you get it going.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
ElfSpam
Lubber
Lubber

Post by ElfSpam »

Hi Bluefooted! I don't know if you need any more offers for scripts, but I've written a dialogue between Kurt and Logan about... AZAZEL!!!! :o
I know, everybody hates this topic, but this expands upon what the Draco arc should've covered: Kurt's emotional response to discovering his father is Satan (sort of).
So, if you're interested even a smidgeon, feel free to email me at A_Jones165@hotmail.com
And please, keep up the awesome artwork! I'm a big fan! :)
This is a haiku;
Now I'm killing syllables;
I like fuzzy elves.
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Man, I would LOVE to do this for you, blue ... but I don't have a whole lot of time to write scripts ...

Though as weird as it sounds, I do like lettering and bubbling and whatnot, and I'm getting pretty good at it. I am lacking in spiffy fonts, but I use some fairly decent programs.

Not to indulge in self-promotion, but here's a semi-decent sample of my lettering capability.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/12867939/

anyway, you can email me at dark_elfchild@hotmail.com
"Picture this: bumpity bumpity bumpity SPLAT!"
-- Nightcrawler, X-Men Evolution

Visit my art sites, please!
http://www.kenthayle.deviantart.com
http://www.geocities.com/ironthorncomics
Kaileighblue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Kaileighblue »

If you're still looking I'll bite. I'm working on Two comics, myself (doing all of it) and I can never seem to have enough stuff to do.

Kinda the opposite of others eh?

I can't do the lettering currently because I lack programs to do so (until I get a new cd drive and load photoshop)