Nightcrawler #1 - #4 disscussion

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

THIS POST IS SPOILER LADEN!!!!

First off: What I actually recall about the Draco is that [spoiler]Azazel merely SAID he was Satan, then said later that he was mutant from biblical times who played the Satan role. Personally, I think he's massively deluded, because the biblical Azazel (the scapegoat) and Satan are two different animals, whose stories occur at two different times.[/spoiler]

What is talked about in #3 is [spoiler]the fourteen angels who fell from heaven with Lucifer. We're talking real, bonafide, posessing, church-anethemic demons here, not mutants claiming to be Satan in recorded theology, like Azazel. Milton's "Paradise Lost" gives a very, very good recount of how this happens, if you can muddle through the translations.[/spoiler]

ANYWAY ...

Darick, beautiful art, as always. I adore your wide-eyed open-mouth expressions particularily ... they make me feel like jumping up and looking to see if anything's behind me. Your stuff illicites such an awesome emotional reaction, I'm constantly on the edge of the bus-seat (that's the only place I have time to read comics anymore).

I especially love your attention to detail. Like how [spoiler] Amanda was wearing Dr. Strange's protection seal (does it even have a name? It's the one that's on the roof of the Sanctum Sanctorum) around her neck.[/spoiler] Was that your idea, Darick?

Well worth the wait, a hundred times over.

** not even gonna mention the [spoiler]shower or Storm with his towel or the fencing with Kitty[/spoiler] ... I'll just start salivating. **
"Picture this: bumpity bumpity bumpity SPLAT!"
-- Nightcrawler, X-Men Evolution

Visit my art sites, please!
http://www.kenthayle.deviantart.com
http://www.geocities.com/ironthorncomics
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by DoomInABox
** not even gonna mention the [spoiler]shower or Storm with his towel or the fencing with Kitty[/spoiler] ... I'll just start salivating. **
Please, please spoil us! I want to know more about [spoiler] the shower scene, and Kurt in a towel, and what Ororo has to do with it. [/spoiler] Illuminate me, I haven't even been able to get issue #1 yet. Come on, I'm dying here.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Nightcrawler Artist!

Post by Darick »

Darick, beautiful art, as always. I adore your wide-eyed open-mouth expressions particularily ... they make me feel like jumping up and looking to see if anything's behind me. Your stuff illicites such an awesome emotional reaction, I'm constantly on the edge of the bus-seat (that's the only place I have time to read comics anymore).
Thanks so much! I have to draw that expression a lot in these stories...

Knowing you feel it really makes my day.
I especially love your attention to detail. Like how [spoiler] Amanda was wearing Dr. Strange's protection seal (does it even have a name? It's the one that's on the roof of the Sanctum Sanctorum) around her neck. [/spoiler] Was that your idea, Darick?
Thanks, that was my 'idea', I suppose. I didn't really realize I was drawing [spoiler]Dr.Strange's symbol[/spoiler] , but hey...it works!

By the way, from coming here and realizing how much of Kurt's following is hetero-female, well, I know where to put the focus in towel scenes.

Thank Roberto as well...
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Ugh, religion stuff! *bursts into flames*

But at least Kurt is acting like a normal person about it. I can dig that. And not knowing how to introduce Amanda to someone was amusing.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

I liked the third issue a lot.

The main appeal of the issue lies in the art.
During quiet moments or fighting scenes, Nightcrawler is really impressive. And expressive.
Darick, your work just gets better and better. Also, congratulations to your artistic team.

Amanda Sefton is becoming, for the FIRST TIME, a really cool character... And so sexy, I'm beginning to daydream... :love

What I liked the most about the plot is the involvment of thirteen demons/fallen angels in this story. I just regret they did vanish that easily in the church's air.
But perhap's we'll see more of them.
In a future story-arc perhap's, Ja ? :)

Hey, THAT could be a great threat for the elf !
Fourteen ghostly ex-angels, all mad about Kurt and Kurt in the middle with an enchanted sword. A battle like that Kurt has never fought ! :mad
Um... Perhap's I should go to the "wish list" thread...

What do you think of the idea ???
:bamf
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

I think you're going to like this arc and the next.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Have faith in Darick, Nightcrawler fans !
He'll just make you happy ! :):):)
www.atlantys.biz

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

*glomps Darick* Kurt in the shower and in a towel! *squee* Sorry, had to do that!

This story arc is giving me the willies!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Originally posted by Lauren
This story arc is giving me the willies!
Tell me about it ... you people and your darn cliffhangers!!! AAARRRGH!!!!

But the last few pages were presented wonderfully ... like that "I know something you don't know" kind of reveal. I was on my toes, yelling, "What?! What is it?! Tell me!!!"
People on the bus gave me funny looks. (joke) ;)

[spoiler] And that knife was freaking cool. I want that knife.
:: sneaks up behind Dr. Childs and steals the knife :: [/spoiler] YOINK!! :D

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

*looks at shower scene and fans self* WHOOWIE!! Is it hot in here or what?
*drools uncontrollably*;pant
Purdieness!!!

Darick Robertson, your my hero!

Those two extra days waiting for the issue was well worth it.:nodyes:love
one name: Bruce Campbell
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Nah, it's not hot ... that's just the steam escaping ... lots of steam

[spoiler] I love how Storm just followed him into the locker room and sat there while he showered and changed. It's like she was making sure he wasn't gonna jump out a window and run away or something. [/spoiler]

Hey, for curiosity's sake, is there anyone reading these who does NOT want to be spoiled? Cuz I really don't like those black bar things. I feel like I'm hiding something naughty.

Though considering the context of the one above, I'm not sure I'm not.

Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Hey, I could live with it ! I just don't know how to make those damn black bars appear !
www.atlantys.biz

Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Sorry, the black bars are sort of a prerequisite because I don't like being bitched at about how someone spoiled someone else by magically forcing them to read their words.

I've had that argument before, not going to again.

Now if I could only make it so that poor spelling was automatically blacked out... :smirk
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Oh okay, no worries then. What I was actually wondering was if it was okay to just out a big bold SPOILER tage at the top of the post, instead of using the black bars. It kind of screws with the flow of the writing.

anyhoo ...

Diablo, to make the spoiler bar appear you use the square brackets [] and type the word "spoiler" in between. Type the text you want blacked out, then end it with [ /spoiler ]
(without the spaces ... i just did that to make it show up.)

if you can't get it, just quote this post and see how it works.

[spoiler]see? no biggie.[/spoiler]

Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

[spoiler] Thank you Doominabox box. :) [/spoiler]
www.atlantys.biz

Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

Originally posted by Crawler
Now if I could only make it so that poor spelling was automatically blacked out... :smirk
Here, here!
Rellie
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Rellie »

I have to say......thank you so much for the shower scene in Nightcrawler 3, I am one happy little fangirl now :love
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

LOL !
If Darick knew this scene would generate so much positive feedback, I think he would have extended it to four or five pages.

*Darick phones to Roberto*
-Hey Roberto, in future issues, we need more shower scenes.
-WHAT ??
- I said, we NEED more shower scenes. And make it last please. The survival of the title depends on it, man ! Thinking about it again, just write a complete issue which takes place INTO Kurt's shower ! You CAN do it Roberto !
www.atlantys.biz

Rellie
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Rellie »

Originally posted by Diablo
LOL !
If Darick knew this scene would generate so much positive feedback, I think he would have extended it to four or five pages.

-WHAT ??
- I said, we NEED more shower scenes. And make it last please. The survival of the title depends on it, man ! Thinking about it again, just write a complete issue which takes place INTO Kurt's shower ! You CAN do it Roberto !
*snicker* Well I'm sure none of us would be complaining if that were the case :P
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Oh okay, no worries then. What I was actually wondering was if it was okay to just out a big bold SPOILER tage at the top of the post, instead of using the black bars. It kind of screws with the flow of the writing.
I guess you could just block out the whole post. I like the black bars, myself.

[spoiler]I like cheeses! And WHOA @ Rellie's avatar! BRILLIANT![/spoiler]
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Rellie
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Rellie »

Hehehe...

[spoiler] these things *are* kinda fun....*g* thanks The Drastic Spastic! [/spoiler]
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

Originally posted by Rellie
I have to say......thank you so much for the shower scene in Nightcrawler 3, I am one happy little fangirl now :love
:naughty So I see!
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Originally posted by Diablo
-WHAT ??
Bwahahaha! :*D ... that's just plain funny, Diablo. It brings back memories of the bathroom scene in Excalibur #46. That still makes me laugh into stitches.

Aagh! I've started the Cult of the Black Bars! NOOooooooOOO ... Membership will hereby cost five bucks. Payable in cash. :p

BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

[quote]Originally posted by DoomInABox
Nah, it's not hot ... that's just the steam escaping ... lots of steam

[spoiler] I love how Storm just followed him into the locker room and sat there while he showered and changed. It's like she was making sure he wasn't gonna jump out a window and run away or something. [/spoiler]
{/quote]

[spoiler] Well, she has always been VERY casual about nudity. Remember how Professor X insisted she had to wear "scraps of fabric" (a bikini) when swimming? I think Ororo is one of those people who doesn't see nudity as sexual, just as an unclothed person. And she and Kurt are good friends who have been in very difficult situations, where they have probably unintentionally seen each other naked. It happens.
Besides, I suspect she is the kind of person who doesn't look at nakedness that isn't being shown to her, if you know what I mean.[spoiler]
And for all we know, she hangs out in [spoiler] the guys' locker room[spoiler] a lot. So I'm not sure she was there to prevent an escape. Maybe she was just steaming her pores.

EDIT: Okay, I don't know how these quote and spoiler things work, obviously. I'm sorry this post is so darn clunky.
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Yeah, I know all about Storm's casualness when it comes to nudity ... I remember one old X-Men when Kurt suggested a shower after a workout, and she just suddenly tore off her uniform and had one of her private rain-storm showers right in front of everyone. Kurt was the only one who'd turn around long enough to offer her to cape to dry off with.

Still, she's been living with the X-Men so long that almost all of her child-like inhibitions have been washed away. I guess it's actually nice that this little part of her is still sticking around.