Nightcrawler #1 - #4 disscussion

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Nightcrawler Artist!

Post by Darick »

I figure they have all been through so much together, that it's like a team in a locker room, you just don't get that shy around close friends.
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

And yet, the fangirls keel over every time one o' you does something like this ... It must be fun, getting that much of a reaction from a single page.
"Picture this: bumpity bumpity bumpity SPLAT!"
-- Nightcrawler, X-Men Evolution

Visit my art sites, please!
http://www.kenthayle.deviantart.com
http://www.geocities.com/ironthorncomics
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I bet Darick and Roberto just lap it up.:)
one name: Bruce Campbell
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

Well, this is my first experience with it, actually.
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

The first of many, I'm sure. I suppose you and Roberto will have even more lucious surprises for us in the future?

B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Never ceases to amaze me just how many female fans the Elf has. GAMBIT and ANGEL may think theyre the 'babe- magnets' of the X-universe, but if ya ask me theyve got nothing on a certain Mr. Wagner. :P

B A M F !
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

You're dead right, BAMF ! It's how I see him too ! :)
(hey, my girlfriend Emma likes Angel, but she just LOVES Nightcrawler ! :love)
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by B A M F !
Never ceases to amaze me just how many female fans the Elf has. GAMBIT and ANGEL may think theyre the 'babe- magnets' of the X-universe, but if ya ask me theyve got nothing on a certain Mr. Wagner. :P
Angel is, I hate say this and my pardon to Warren fans, well, boring. I've never gone for the pretty boy beefcake who muscles his way through with strength or money. I practically detested Captain Britain in Excalibur. Kurt thinks his way through problems even if he sometimes has to resort to his fists. And I find Gambit too cocky and arrogant for my tastes. It's about time that Marvel realizes that pre-pubescent boys are not the only ones who read comics. I am a mature woman with a teenager of my own, and I have also been an X-Men fan, and particularly a fan of Nightcrawler, oh, never mind how many years.

I think Nightie's popularity contests the idea that nice guys finish last. I love the total package that is Kurt Wagner and I am so thankful that Marvel finally understands how great a character Dave Cockrum created and others such as Claremont contributed, maturing and deepening his personality.

It's about time Kurt had a book of his own. I finally got the first three issues and I must say they did not disappoint one iota. The art was marvelous, as I knew it would be, and the story intriguing. Keep up the great work you two and I know you will see sales rise. :D
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

Thanks!
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by Diablo
(hey, my girlfriend Emma likes Angel, but she just LOVES Nightcrawler ! :love)
Ha! Take that Flyboy!

B A M F !
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer

I think Nightie's popularity contests the idea that nice guys finish last. I love the total package that is Kurt Wagner and I am so thankful that Marvel finally understands how great a character Dave Cockrum created and others such as Claremont contributed, maturing and deepening his personality.
DITTO and well said!

B A M F !
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

Ok, I just got the third issue of Nightcrawler and I was aware of the shower scene. You should've seen me in the comic shop, guys! I immediately started looking for it and I was like "NAH NAH NHAN!!!" *looks at the next panel* OMG! I never noticed that! Kurt's taking the towel from Storm with his tail! AGH! That is too cute and sexy for words!!!! You thinks Storm....peeked when Kurt wasn't looking? ;)

Anyway, I loved this issue! SPOILERS:

I especially loved how Kurt referred to Brad and Roger as gay! I sort of got the same impression. Also, Amanda was cute when she said "And cue the "Twilight Zone" theme music after Seth's "Aunt" revealed the truth.

END SPOILERS: Anyway, I can't wait for the next issue, but the comic dude said it'd be awhile because this one was late. HMPH! I hate that!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Nah. The next issue is out next week. I think it is official now. :)
www.atlantys.biz

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by Diablo
Nah. The next issue is out next week. I think it is official now. :)
Just in time for Christmas too!
one name: Bruce Campbell
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Waiting impatiently for ish # 4....:D
Lets see now.... Kurt's got his own series....prominent member over in Uncanny...AND is currently appearing in the X-MEN/FF crossover! Not to mention the X-2 and X-Men Evo DvDs ..:)
*chokes up remembering the days when I would have to wait once a month for just a little bit of NIGHTCRAWLER action over in Uncanny X-MEN.*

B A M F !
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

BAMF wrote:
Waiting impatiently for ish # 4....
Lets see now.... Kurt's got his own series....prominent member over in Uncanny...AND is currently appearing in the X-MEN/FF crossover! Not to mention the X-2 and X-Men Evo DvDs ..
*chokes up remembering the days when I would have to wait once a month for just a little bit of NIGHTCRAWLER action over in Uncanny X-MEN.*
EXACTLY what I do think, BAMF !!
How many months have I been waiting for only two pages or so of Nightcrawler ?? Sometimes even only ONE single drawing. The most desperate time was when he briefly left Excalibur, at the end of the title. He was nowhere to be seen.
Now it has changed, at long last !! :bamf:bamf
www.atlantys.biz

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

The most I've seen of Nightcrawler in Uncanny was in # 103, when he learns of his shadow blending powers
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Yeah, Claremant and Cockrum used to baby him a lot in the eighties issues ... there was even an X-Men annual devoted entirely to him and his background, and more than one Classic X-Men that expanded on his character, as much as Wolverine's in the beginning.

Excalibur was wonderful, but I think Nighty being shunted off to one title while the rest of the X-Men moved around in about four or five different ones (Uncanny, X-Men, X-Force, X-Man, etc.) really killed a lot of enthusiasm for using his character. As sad as I am that Excalibur ended, coming back to the X-titles was best for him ... I don't think he'd have ended up in the movie otherwise.

Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Doominabox wrote :
As sad as I am that Excalibur ended, coming back to the X-titles was best for him ... I don't think he'd have ended up in the movie otherwise.
Yes. I had mixed feelings about this too.
On one hand, Kurt HAD to come back to the main X-titles to become an important character of the Marvel U again.
On the other hand, Excalibur was really Nightcrawler-centered. But not Uncanny. Not at all. With Dave Cockrum, yes. But with John Byrne, JRJR,..., no.
In Excalibur, he was the leader and I loved that ! It's one of the few things I didn't enjoy in Chuck Austen's recent run : I thought he would make Kurt the leader he was.
www.atlantys.biz

Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

:offtopic
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Yes but NOW, we've got our Nightcrawler fix thanks to Darick "a comic God walks among us and we're so lucky to live this historic event and besides I'm sure he smells incredibly good" Robertson.

Am I "on-topic" now ?? :D:D
www.atlantys.biz

Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkholme »

So, I just finished issue #4. And then I reread the first 4 issues in one sitting.

[spoiler]Storm's words to Kurt at the end of the arc sum up Kurt's role perfectly...he couldn't save the kid on his own, but it was his knowledge of what all his friends were capable of and his quick thinking that did. Kurt shouldn't exist in a vacuum. And he's surrounded by SEVERAL strong females - Amanda, Kitty, Ororo, and even Christine. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]And speaking of Christine, a gigantic kudo to Roberto and Darick for bringing back one of the original Night Nurse cast. It didn't click until this issue...but the fact that Christine appeared in comic form before Nightcrawler is quite impressive. Don't believe me? The truth about Christine revealed[/spoiler]

I'm very pleased with the first arc, and can't wait to see where it goes next!

High marks to all involved!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Excellent. I didn't know about Christine Palmer. Like a lot of readers I guess, I thought she was just a new character.
Thanks Darkholme !
www.atlantys.biz

Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

Yeah, good eye there, catching the 'Night Nurse' references. ;)

Roberto had to explain it to me, and I didn't base my Christine on anything but his description.

Roberto wanted to do a Night Nurse revamp at one time, and Marvel was like "We don't think so..". So he worked it into Nightcrawler very subtly.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

What's Night Nurse?!:?