City of Heroes

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

City of Heroes

Post by Crawler »

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

City of Heroes

Post by Bamfette »

wow, you actually managed to get some good ones from the mage missions! i got crap, the ghosts just were never in the right place.

and Idsunki, it was great playing with you the other day! too bad you couldn't stay longer...
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

City of Heroes

Post by Crawler »

The ghost are really hard to take pictures of, it's true. Especially in the caves. Their heads are always in the ceiling.

That one of the Spectral Demon Lord with my head in the lower right almost cost me a death, though. He was beating the crap out of me.

I asked Lion-O if I could take a pic with him, so he pulled out his sword. ;)

And yeah, idsunki, good playing with you!
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

City of Heroes

Post by Bamfette »

and yesterday on CoH, we spent WAY too much timeplaying as we did Synapse's task force, kicking the Clockwork King's ass. and going up 3 levels in the process.

and i was very disappointed to learn that you can not land on the blimp over Atlas. i fly all the way up there to find you just fall off if you try to land on it.
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

City of Heroes

Post by idsunki »

Yeah, it was a lot of fun playing with you guys. Unfortunately, my play time will be even further diminished soon thanks to school. Though if I can manage to get a laptop that can run CoH, I'm going to have a two hour break between morning classes most days...

And about the blimp... I sort of learned that the hard way. I had never seen it before I was building hopping with Green Belt after I had first gotten Super Jump. So I got to the highest building I could in the thing's path and went to jump on it. I hit it square in the middle, but just fell right off. Luckily, since GB can't fly, there were no enemies on the ground waiting to take advantage of my weakened state.

Well, I'm gonna grab a couple hours' play time before work today, so maybe I'll see you guys on.

-idsunki, Experiment 057
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

City of Heroes

Post by Bamfette »

and then we were playing again today, then the server cuts out. and right in the middle of a fight, too. oh well.

your blimp experience is a lot suckier than mine, LOL! but they should put a badge up there, or something.

and you know what i saw in Kings and Steel today? level 30+ Devoured Earth and Freakshow. in the easy areas, no less. stumbled on a fungi in Kings rather unexpectedly and they almost took me down almost instanly... was able to fly away.
ac0demon
Lubber
Lubber

City of Heroes

Post by ac0demon »

haha nice screenshots. My clockwork king experience was a bit different. Team split after a few missions during the task force so three of us tried to finish(scrapper,blaster,tanker) (no healer).

We had to get some1 outside the task force to feed us inspirations; once we depleted them we'd rush outside to get more heh. worked well i guess.

I spend more time creating Marvel chars than actually playing the game. I've been busted twice and each time given a free oppurtunity to change my costume.

http://web.superb.net/xba/CoH/CoH---Darkholme1.jpg

http://web.superb.net/xba/CoH/CoH---misc1.jpg

I should have made Crawler a Martial Arts scrapper b/c most of the moves are true to Kurt's style but I wanted the sword. Don't think Kurt uses it enough anymore.

I'm kind of busy so if I ever do get my account suspended it's no biggie. :-D

MORE PICS

*edited because some pics were too wide. some people browse in 600x800
My SITES:
...::www.JebeTaru.com::...
Unstuck in a cookie cutter world!

----------------------------------------------
****City of Heroes****

( ) ( )( ) ( )http://www.bubblegum-girl.com( ) ( )( ) ( )
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

City of Heroes

Post by Bamfette »

you know Marvel is suing them because of what you (and others) are doing, right?

I mean, i can understand messing with the costume editor to get your favorite character, it's fun, and them offering a couple of the choices they have is basically asking for it, (claws) but it could end up getting the game shut down.
ac0demon
Lubber
Lubber

City of Heroes

Post by ac0demon »

Of course I know. Marvel has every right to sue. The other day I got the enhancement "Ruby Quartz Visor." Complete rip-off of Cyclops. Bones coming out the skin, powers? Helmets identical to Iron Man and Magneto? The game should be shut down.

The char creator is fun but as a MMORPG, there are much better.
My SITES:

****City of Heroes****

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

City of Heroes

Post by Bamfette »

no, i don't think so. it's entirely possible tocome up with original characters. I see very few ripoffs, and people are having a lot of fun with it. YOU don't like it, fine. but it doesn't mean other won't find it fun beyond the costume editor...

look at Drew, he's made it to level 50 and his character wasn't some ripoff, he likes the game enough to play it. I've only made it to level 20, but i'm still enjoying it.

the helmet isn't exactly like Magneto's. the eye shape is all wrong, for one, it doesn't have the little horns, secondly. it is a very typical medieval style helmet used for hundreds of years in the middle ages which doesn't look a thing like Magneto's until you color it red and purple. most of them are very generic, it's the color choices people slap on them that makes them a ripoff.

they aren't bones, they're spines, and i have seen people use them and not come off as a marrow ripoff.

about the only 2 truly questionalble character design elements are the claws and the cyclops style visor. and they showed you can use them in an original way with the Tsoo, so just having them doesn't automatically make you ripping off Wolverine
ac0demon
Lubber
Lubber

City of Heroes

Post by ac0demon »

I guess CoH will be trying to pass off some of your arguments in court.

What are spines? projections and in this game they just happen to look like bones. Perhaps if they look more like quills, there wouldn't be much of a problem.

The Tsoo use hand held ninja claws, players have retractible claws much like Wolverine.

I wasn't talking about the physical visor option you can use in the char creator. Geordi from Star Trek has one of those. I was talking about a drop in game whose description talked of a visor using a ruby quartz to focus your powers and increase your accuracy. Visor + Ruby Quartz = Filter for Cyke's powers.
My SITES:

****City of Heroes****

Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

City of Heroes

Post by Crawler »

So it's not YOUR personal favorite, and you don't have the imagination to enjoy creating original characters, so they should just scrap the whole thing. Screw all the people following the rules and enjoying themselves, YOU don't like it.

Well, fuck you. Go play something else, then and leave those of us who don't think we should break the rules just because we can.

And NO powers are marvel-exclusive. That's not Iron Man's or Magneto's helmet. They're medievel.

I suppose next you'll tell me that blue skin and pointed ears is exclusive?
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

City of Heroes

Post by HoodedMan »

I need my monthly rant, then I'll return to sweetness-and-light ferret.

[rant]
For one, thanks for the damned screenshots which have killed the dimensions of the page (this was to ac0demon).

Second of all, I find it sad that when people find out that Marvel's suing for copyright infringement, they not only don't quit it but they deliberately try to ruin it for everyone else, which will probably get it shut down.

I played it at a friend's house and it was a DAMNED good game, and it was obvious it wasn't MADE to infringe. It's people like YOU that get the lawyers on their back and what's worse, you're doing it deliberately.

Have a nice life. You are the kind of person ruining our society.
[/rant]

There. I'm done. :rolleyes
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

City of Heroes

Post by Bamfette »

ok, some more screenshots (resized so no browser stretching will occur :p )

the first two are me with Rusty Boltz aka Garble, and Experiment 058 aka Idsunki. everyone in these pics proudly displaying their Crew of the Millenium Robin supergroup colours. ;)
Image Image

the next is just me being far too easily amused by some of my teammates... (that's a 7 on the end there, i know it's kinda obscured by the guys powers)

and us hunting the Winter Lord

today, Xenon Flare and I (we've teamed up a few times before, he's not from here, though) teamed up to hunt Banished Pantheon and Freakshow to get 2 mission badges. for some odd reason, i never took screencaps of the Freak mission. the last pic, ouch.... :p
Image Image

Image Image

and lastly, i have tweaked Raye's costume, got a second one with a cape, and such, so here's a new collage.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

City of Heroes

Post by HoodedMan »

Speaking of City of Heroes, there's a hilarious cartoon about it (City of Heroes) in the archives of one of the best comics online. Do check it out; it's great. :p

http://www.cad-comic.com/index.php?t=ar ... 2004-04-19

I love the third panel. ;)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

City of Heroes

Post by Bamfette »

PvP did a really funny series of strips about City of Heroes. i think this is the first one (click next there's a whole bunch of them)

http://www.pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=20040531
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

City of Heroes

Post by HoodedMan »

That's great! I loved 12 Jun. (http://www.pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=20040612). I know a LOT of RPers who used this to their advantage. ;)

I make lots of characters too; I love to RP. But I always hated people who got to level 50 before I got to level 30 and they created after me. They must have had a lot of time on their hands. -_-
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

City of Heroes

Post by Garble »

Originally posted by Crawler
idsunki> You remind me of our own Garble, who has an entire squad of demons.
Sultyr = Fire/Fire Tanker
Yen= Fire/Fire Blaster
Vitriol = Dark/Dark Defender
Inkwell = Dark/Dark Scrapper

I've since deleted Scathre (Fire/Radiation Controller)to make room for my Simian Defense character. But I actually have played Yen up to 13 so far, and gotten her into someone's monster-themed supergroup, The Boogeymen.

Alternate charcters are far too addictive.
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

City of Heroes

Post by idsunki »

I look so COOL on your computer! Hopefully once the semester gets settled in (they decided to use a new software for placing classes... software that doubled up every room for most times), I'll get some more good play time in and get Experiment 057 the level he deserves - 12!

Oh, and speaking of the lawsuit stuff ... you can do something about it in-game, by using /petition . A friend of mine has gotten a lot of Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Riddick, and many other wannabes reported for that.

-idsunki, not entirely sure that's how robert frost wrote that.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

City of Heroes

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by idsunki
Oh, and speaking of the lawsuit stuff ... you can do something about it in-game, by using /petition . A friend of mine has gotten a lot of Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Riddick, and many other wannabes reported for that.
Oh good. I'm glad City of Heroes is taking affirmative action.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

City of Heroes

Post by Bamfette »

Andy - i like the big guy! he seems really cool.

and Idsunki, Garble, i just reached 22 and i really need influence to get new enhancements, so i am totally willing to exemplar down and get influence bydoing stuff with you guys if you want
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

City of Heroes

Post by Tatu »

Originally posted by Garble
Vitriol = Dark/Dark Defender
Inkwell = Dark/Dark Scrapper
"Dark"? See, *that* made my crazy little goth ass wanna play..
Call me King!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

City of Heroes

Post by Bamfette »

Stevie, the Dark powers can be really cool... you can hide yourself in a cloud of smoke making you a difficult target, lots of interesting blasts, and you can instill terror into your foe... here's a pic with some guy using one of the Dark powers. i think it's the guy in the hat, can't remember for sure.

and today it was Freakshow/Warrior hunting. I got really up close and personal with one juicer and his slicer friend (not pictured, he ran away. chicken.)

after that, i decided a new plan of attack was in order. found a nice building where i hunted for the rest of the night, and hit em with SNIPER ATTACKS! it was cool, i could take on huge mobs solo, and guys a couple levels higher than me.

of course, the whole sniper angle didn't work so well when they either ran away (but they always came back, you just had to hope someone else out there didn't take advantage of a weakened enemy. or you could follow them) or they could fly, like this guy
Image Image

um. ouch....

but i got hm in the end ;) (he's dying there, i know it's not totally obvious, but note his forcefield is down)
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

City of Heroes

Post by idsunki »

Just thought I'd mention that Penny Arcade did a little comic about the lawsuit today. A note - the Penny Arcade site is generally not work or school safe, on account of a lot of bad language dropped with little or no provocation.
Thus, if you are easily offended by naughty words, please do not go to this site. There isn't any nudity though, so no worries there.

http://www.penny-arcade.com

There's also a few links to some information on the lawsuit as it stands. I'm going to get some research done, because I have an hour and a half before my next class.

-idsunki, who would like to take this opportunity to say, "I love this game"
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

City of Heroes

Post by Tatu »

Originally posted by Bamfette
Stevie, the Dark powers can be really cool... you can hide yourself in a cloud of smoke making you a difficult target, lots of interesting blasts, and you can instill terror into your foe...
:hypno Quick! Someone give mne a new PC and broadband connection!
Call me King!