Hey! Check out these fan fics!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Welcome, BAMF! I have a feeling I'm always writing your name wrong, but I'm sure you'll forgive me.

This has always been a fun sub-forum to hang out in. It's been less active than it used to be (back in the old days when we had to walk 10 miles in the snow to get to school... uphill *shakes cane at the youngsters*) Not that I've been contributing much to it lately, except my lurking presence :LOL Anyway, it would be awesome if we could get something started like weekly writing and drawing challenges - just some kind of activity to bring more members in and get people posting. Also, it would be awesome if we could maybe have something like a recommendation thread for fanfic and art that isn't created by our members. I know we have the best, but there's stuff out there that we'd also enjoy. Those are just some random thoughts off the top of my head.

Oh, and I am going to start a thread for the production of avatars and sigs (I think). That way people can make and share avatars for other members and it will be a fun bonding experience.

Anyway, Yay sub-forum! You rule FVTTS!

edit (always forget something): Here's a fanfic rec. It's from the xmenficathon livejournal. The author is Magpie. She warns that there is some discussion of the Holocaust. Good story!

http://www.livejournal.com/community/xm ... tml#cutid1
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I took this out of the FV&TTT Social Thread to start a reccommended fics thread......What the hell, I'll top it too for now.......

Everyone come on in and reccommend your fav off site fics!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Hey, Nacht, thanks :love

I'll be back soon with some more fics. Remember people: even if it's old to you, it's probably new to at least one person, so don't be shy about your recs!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Okay here's my reccomendation...

XCalibre Trilogy Part 1:Long Hard Road Out of Hell

This story is rated M for Mature (be warned) Mostly for content related to the holocaust as well as gore and some adult situations.

It's a good read, I haven't read it for a while though.

The story includes AoA Nightcrawler and an OC (trust me, it's good, give it a try) this is one of three, the second is also at Fanfiction.net, unfortunately, the third was never put up:shrug

Author: Goddesschild (please don't steal her characters or stories...that would be bad, and not cool)

If you like AOA Kurt...start drooling.
=)
one name: Bruce Campbell
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Okay, everyone must read this one (if you haven't already).
His Mother's Eyes by Artaxastra

http://penknife.freeservers.com/His_Mothers_Eyes.htm

It's movieverse, set after X2, some warning for talk of same-sex relationships. Fabulous writing, wonderful characterizations. I can't recommend it enough :love
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Hm. I strongly approve of an old fanfic I once read called Nothing Less Than Everything (I think.)

It was by Rex Luscus and it was on his site which seems to have gone down... now I can't find it. It just seems to be not on the web at all.

So I might transcribe it again from a hard copy if I can find one (I'm a very un-paperless person. I hate reading things on the computer.)

If I do so or if someone finds it, please be advised that it is slash and rated NC-17 at that. However, I strongly approve of its extremely realistic character depictions and description of a very loving relationship which has its problems, just like all relationships do.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Well, darn, that stinks. I didn't realize that Rex's site had gone down. It was there just a couple of weeks ago. Shame, it had some really good stuff on it. As for that particular fic, it's called Not Less Than Everything and it was also posted chapter by chapter on the yahoo Nightcrawler group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nightcraw ... =149823934, so anyone who wants to read it could go there to find it. I think you can search by poster and possibly by post title. I know I originally read the fic there.... Hope that helps.

There's also another good fic that I first read there called The Puzzle Box for all you Kurt/Ororo fans. I'm not one of them, but it's quite well done (it's basically very explicit PWP, but it's very good). Find it here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/bamfchickie/1818.html It's written RP style with shifting POVs.

I've read His Mother's Eyes as well, and agree with bluefooted, it's great. Excellent characterization, exceptionally well-written. Personally, wasn't so thrilled with the XCalibre Trilogy, though. Really enjoyed the beginning, got tired of the OC by the end of the first instalment and stopped reading a couple of chapters into the second.

I need to go poking around through my saved favorites and see what I can rec here myself, now.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by taekwondodo
As for that particular fic, it's called Not Less Than Everything and it was also posted chapter by chapter on the yahoo Nightcrawler group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nightcraw ... =149823934, so anyone who wants to read it could go there to find it. I think you can search by poster and possibly by post title. I know I originally read the fic there.... Hope that helps.
Hm. Please let it be noted that for this link to work, you must have subscribed to the group, and it has to be approved by the moderator, which rather annoys me. I might try making a mirror some other time so people without Yahoo! IDs can access it.

Thank you for the link, however. I'll see if it's the story of which I was thinking.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Kudos for the awesome links! Wow..... soooooo much good reading to get caught up on in this forum. Cant wait! My next off day i'm going to curl up with my keyboard and dig in!

P.S. OH and no worries about the name BLUEFOOTED...
Thanks again for the invite...:) !

BAMF!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Not Less Than Everything

Post by HoodedMan »

I have archived Not Less Than Everything in a better format, for the free perusal of Nightscrawlers. Beware; it is a long fic.

EDIT: I have moved the link to this archive to a seperate thread in order that we don't clutter up this thread with any comments that we may have concerning this story.

Not Less Than Everything
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

My friend Minarya (who has been known to darken the doors of NS on occasion) writes the loveliest romantic pieces.

This short fic won the Kuroro Christmas fanfic competition this past year. Yes, I know it's July, but it's so sweet, and it deals with relatively current Uncanny circumstances, so I thought I'd share it with you.

Gingerbread Houses
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Here's a really good new one. A WIP that's currently posted through chapter 7. It's 616 based and has a great ensemble cast backing up Kurt in his quest to get together with Wanda. The author uses everyone from Mags and Pietro to Mystique, Charles, Logan and Captain America with great skill and humor. I can't possibly over-emphasize how much I'm enjoying it.

Family Holiday
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

sometimes I hate WIP's because JUST when your really getting into them, you have to wait for the next installment. But this one is SOOO GOOD!

Ok, I have to admit......as much as I am ashamed of it....I'm a shipper. Yes, it's true! I am a die hard Kurt/Wanda shipper. Problem: good kurt/Wanda is few and far between. And I'm not really the most proficient at finding fanfic online (unless through FFN or this message board). So basically, I read Nandi's stuff and some FFN stuff, but I KNOW there is more out there (as this story proved).....anyone wanna help feed my addiction?? Any story suggestions, or even sites/places to search I will be enternally grateful for...

:wan-kurt
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Lysistrata »

Oh gosh. Oh golly. Oh wow! You guys are way too sweet.

I'd thought of posting it here, but I wanted to get the first chapter cleaned up first. Since new chapters are always more interesting to work on than editing, that probably won't happen until the whole thing is finished. :scratch
Lazerwolf/Phoenix
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Lazerwolf/Phoenix »

Has everyone forgotten the biggest site that i know of (other than ff.net) Internutter.org.
chok full of stories involving NC. and probably has more members than this site.
i am NOT a lubber! what's wrong with this thing!?!
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Um...no. Internutter has maybe a couple hundred members would be my guess, Nightscrawlers has over 1800. Actually, did a quick check. 1859 for 'Scrawlers, 271 for Internutter. That is, of course, ignoring the fact that the vast majority of 'members' at both sites never actually post, but still....
Lazerwolf/Phoenix
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Lazerwolf/Phoenix »

this is a bit OT but i made that assumption based on the fact that, recently, this site has not seen very much action.
i am NOT a lubber! what's wrong with this thing!?!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

I tend to disagree; it seems to me that since the crash Nightscrawlers has been getting more action than ever! We've been seeing almost 50 members a day when before we'd see a line or two on the visited list. I urge our members not to underestimate how well we're doing, especially in light of a recent crash.
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by InterNutter »

Plus I haven't updated in an age and a half....

but - hey! Free advertising ^_^ Thenkyew ^_^
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Fics! These are older - but I haven't recced them here, yet ;)

Okey-dokey, couple of Kurt recs here. The first is oh so fun and oh so unfinished (and it never will be). But don't let that stop you from enjoying what there is.

The Avatar Series by Gax:
The X-Men take in woman who may be more than she seems, chaos ensues. Read this for the characterization and the original character's opinions of the X-Men is pretty funny. Rated R for language and situations.

Avatar Series: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/164089/1/

Inner Conflicts by Nightbloom
This one is harsh - one of only two fanfics I've ever read that made me cry :bawl (the other one was a Harry Potter fic that we will not speak of here). Kurt is attacked and must deal with the aftermath. Be warned: this fic is about rape and contains slash (rated NC-17). It is long and disturbing and emotional. Don't let the cheezy title or some of the minor grammatical problems stop you from reading this. This will break your heart... and then put it back together :)

Inner Conflicts: http://adultfan.nexcess.net/aff/story.php?no=6231

Okay, so this next one's not a Kurt fic, but I enjoyed it so much I'm going to throw it in here. (Nacht, you can beat me up if this isn't allowed - although Kurt technically is in it ;))

It Could be Sunshine by N2

This is a Bobby/Jono fic told from Bobby's point of view. Don't run away, please, I promise it's good. Usually, I don't much like Bobby, but his 'voice' in this is just sooooo good:
I dumped another sugar packet into my coffee. (Number five, I think.) He wasn't going to make it easy for me.

"Okay, screw the small-talk," I said. "Let's do this like they did in 'Silence of the Lambs.'"

*Yer want me to skin you and wear yer face?* He seemed highly amused.
Funny and touching at the same time - this is a fic about two messed up people trying to find something good in the world. Rated R for language and slash. It has a sequel (rated NC-17), but it's not as satisfying as this short story, although still a fun read.

It Could be Sunshine: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1400574/1/
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I've read inner conflicts..very good

*beats up bluefooted* thanks for letting me beat you up....but you can post any fics you find interesting in here....try to keep them limited to X-fics, of course, but if you MUST share something that is SOOO good, I don't mind it. So you're in the clear, blue..but who am I to pass up a good beating?

:whistle
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

I'll make sure to look at those; all of them sound excellent!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Thanks for the beat-down, Nacht :worship I will bring more fics soon.

And all you people who are reading: add some stuff! Please? I really want to read some good x-fics...
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

I'm bumping this to add another rec :whistle

Grail by Minisinoo

This is an in-progress novel-length fanfic that is basically Min's version of X3. Normally, I wouldn't rec a wip, but Min's word is good for finishing. If you've never read any of her stuff before, you may be in for a treat ;) It's very, very good. Although this novel doesn't focus on Kurt, he's in it and has some very nice moments. Very character driven, lots of mystery - you should check it out. Min rates it as 'adult'.

http://www.themedicinewheel.net/grail/grail.html

Cheers!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

And another (do you hate me yet? :whistle)

Libby has started another Kurt/Ororo fanfic called The Queen of Coins. She's an excellent writer of action/adventure, drama, romance, and (of course) smut :D You should check it out and leave her some nice feedback. She's got one chapter up and is working on #2. They will be posted on her livejournal page. Here's a link to Chapter 1: Nine of Wands:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/bamfch ... tml#cutid1

Happy reading!
:wave