The Winding Way (Nightcrawler #7-11) SPOILERS on last 2 page

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

I don't believe that the death of the series in Issue 12 is a foregone conclusion
How do I say this without starting like a 1000 rumors?

Okay. If believing that Nightcrawler is cancelled as of #12 will give you the extra push to do things now to give sales of the book a boost, then believe it. Because the way Marvel works, if the book doesn't sell well now, then it will be cancelled as of #12.

Does that make sense? It goes for everyone who is a fan of the book.

I went to my local comics shops and asked if I could swap it with another comic so it was at the front of the racks instead of behind something. I also went to the stores and reminded them to order it during the hiatus. One of our local comic stores has this sort of uber nerd coffee shop in the back where you can hang out and talk comics. I think it was "to shut that Nightcrawler girl up" but they did buy every copy of #7 that was for sale.

:)

-e
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Well, I do know that #12 is the magic number, but I don't think Marvel has already scheduled the death of the series which we need to stop. I think we need to stop them thinking about if they'll kill the series, though. Do you see the difference? I'm just in one of my optimist moods.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I really hope this doesn't get cancelled, it's my favorite book and without it I won't see much of Kurt anymore, because he has such a small role in Uncanny:puzzle
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Saint Kurt »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
Well, I do know that #12 is the magic number, but I don't think Marvel has already scheduled the death of the series which we need to stop. I think we need to stop them thinking about if they'll kill the series, though. Do you see the difference? I'm just in one of my optimist moods.
I like your optimism, and I do see the difference but actually, we do need to react right now as though Marvel has scheduled the death of the series because that's kind of what it's like.

But an serious upswing in sales could make them reconsider and go into catagory 2.

-e
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by zamweasel
I like your optimism, and I do see the difference but actually, we do need to react right now as though Marvel has scheduled the death of the series because that's kind of what it's like.
Hmmmmmmm. Sneaky? I suppose you're right. And I do suppose we have the resources to at least try and initiate this 'upswing in sales', though budget problems are going to be limiting me a bit in it.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
buri103
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by buri103 »

Oooh, #8 is awesome!!!.

I can't wait for the next one. ;pant

This series is really hitting its stride.

No Cancel!!! We should start getting people to be all paranoid and demand it gets at least another year... ;)

[spoiler]

I loved the part where Emma mentioned Chrisitine was his little girlfriend and Bobby(?) said all quietly, " Actually, technically speaking, I don't think Kurt and christine are dating."

Like it's a running joke or something... :)

[/spoiler]
25 And the Lord spake unto the Angel that guarded the eastern gate, saying Where is the flaming sword which was given unto thee?

26 And the Angel said, I had it here only a moment ago, I must have put it down some where, forget my own head next.

27 And the Lord did not ask him again.
~Good Omens

http://www.nataliedee.com/ and http://www.toothpastefordinner.com
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

The Winding Way (Nightcrawler #7-11) SPOILERS on last 2 pages!

Post by Saint Kurt »

I guess it would be too late to point out that the spoiler tag isn't in this version of Nightscrawlers.

That hack still needs to be installed.

I'm still working out my feelings on #8. I liked a lot of things about it but there was a lot that wasn't expected and some things that were but weren't there. I think I need to read it again and now matter how I feel about it now I know that my opinion will change in the context of a completed arc.

The art was totally without flaw though.

-e
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Nightcrawler Artist!

Post by Darick »

Do you see the difference? I'm just in one of my optimist moods.
:shakeno
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

OK, I seem not to be getting mixed signals anymore... that's unfortunate. Well, whatever we can do with our modest board I'm sure we will do. I mean, what else can a collection of dedicated Nightcrawler fans do?
Shashuella
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Shashuella »

Hell I'm loving it at the min roll on number 9#!!!
Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes. [click] You're under!
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tracker »

I don't know about y'all, but my comic store is usually pretty low on past issues, or out completely, so there seems to be a pretty high demand over in my part of the Dork Forest.:D

BTW...great job on #8, Darick! The art was lovely, as usual!
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Issue 8 was great.. I just hope they show Kurt meet up with Charles in the next issue, I have that issue and think it's one of the best books ever.. that scene is one of my favorites

As for the availability of the book, I think it sells well.. there was only one issue of seven left after a week or two and it went into the bin.. I don't think there are any issue 8's left either... the issues a week or two old issues are usually on a different counter than the others and I don't think there are any left

Can't wait for issue nine..:*):*)
KittyWillow
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KittyWillow »

oh my God...number 8!

I have only just managed to get my hands on number 7 (resorting to ebay again as my one and only local comic store is soo behind)

I am loving the series and have read each comic so many times whilst waiting for the latest issues to come out....and it seems like forever!

I'll go and hang around in ebay scouting for number 8 now I guess....*sigh*
"I'm not even supposed to BE here today" - Dante
"they say its as big as four cats, and it has one leg that can retract inside its body so it can leap up at you better, and you can't leave it by itself or it goes mad, Its got magnets on its tail so if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to you. And instead of a mouth its got four arses..." - Dougal
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

OK, I seem not to be getting mixed signals anymore... that's unfortunate. Well, whatever we can do with our modest board I'm sure we will do. I mean, what else can a collection of dedicated Nightcrawler fans do?
That's the spirit ! ;)

Prepare to fight ! :vader
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

Hey, sorry if I missed it before, but I'm too tired to read through the thread. Any any update on when the next issue comes out?
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by Bitsy
Hey, sorry if I missed it before, but I'm too tired to read through the thread. Any any update on when the next issue comes out?
Today ;)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Less than an hour til the store opens:D:bamf
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

AHHHHHH! I went to my store today and NIGHTCRAWLER WASN'T THERE!!!! *sniff* why WHYYYY??!!!! Is there a delay with it? Because I'm ready to go in there with a bat! *gets a bat*
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

No, there wasn't a delay, but my comic shop had just been a little late in ordering it so it'll be a day or so late. It's probably the same situation with yours. (At least, this is what he told me... >.>)
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

YAY! Actually, I already knew before I logged on today. I saw the guy who works at my comic shop and he knew me as the "Nightcrawler fan" and told me it came out. I'm waking up bright and early tomorrow!!! :D
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Phew! I went to the store later, and it turns it he just didn't unpack them yet! I told him never to do that to me again! It was scary! *huggles copy*
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Well, that means I'll be stopping by my little comic shop on my way home today. Thanks for the heads up, guys. :thumbup
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I have to say, i really liked this issue....I'm not gonna say much right now (as a few of us haven't read it) but I will say DAMN Darick! I am not one to comment much on the "cuteness" of a character, but you drew young Kurt to be SOOOO frikken cute......I honestly went over those pages a few times in absolute awe...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

The Winding Way (Nightcrawler #7-11) SPOILERS on last 2 pages!

Post by Bitsy »

Speaking of cute, who else loved that little boy? "Mommy...it looks so sad." I hope they talk more about him in the story. And Jardine! Man, if that were me, I would've killed him right then and there, the fat....sorry, that was a bit disturbing on my part. :oops:
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I thought that Nightmare guy was creepy (Darick drew him perfectly, he looked just like a villain drawn in the 60's).. especially what he did to Amanda.. I really liked this issue and I can't wait to see how the arc ends:bamf