New theme...

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

New theme...

Post by Bamfette »

Added the soon-to-be-new theme to this forum only before it goes live...

The main thing of note with this theme is the banner. It is random, we will have around a dozen different banners that will display at the top. If you refresh the page or go to a different page within the forum, the banner will reload. However, it doesn't work so well in Firefox, it seems to grab the first banner loaded then cache it, so it changes only rarely. if you want the full effect, you'll have to browse with Internet Explorer, atleast to get an idea of what all the banenrs are. still missing a few banners, want to get a few of Daricks' art and some Alan Davis, and some AoA....

I know the new theme is much lighter than the old one, just give it a bit to get accustomed to it, It was done to make the forum more friendly and inviting looking.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

New theme...

Post by Maelstrom »

It didn't take me long to get used to this "lighter and brighter" look at all. I really like the colors, especially that marbelized blue for the buttons and Quick Reply bar. And having a random banner is quite eye catching. :)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

New theme...

Post by Northstars Love »

Um...There is no random banner at this point correct? I don't see a banner on this page if there is one. I'm using IE. Tried it with FireFox as well. I like the theme tho. Very soothing colors.

Please tell me I'm not crazy. :cracked
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

New theme...

Post by Bamfette »

there is a random banner. we have 10 of them at the moment. I'm not sure why you would not be seeing it....
Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Rogue PHP Script

New theme...

Post by Technical Administrator »

I wasn't seeing it for a while because I had NIS... Northstar's Love, if you have Norton Internet Security (just guessing) you should turn off banner blocking. It misfires on these. Other software might do the same.

And it looks fine in my Firefox; it randomises like it should. Great job with the new look, Bamfette. It looks great.

Thank you,
-Technical Administrator
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

New theme...

Post by Bamfette »

hm.... that would explain it. i wonder if there is some way around it, becuase i don't really want to have people turning off their security to be able to see it properly. I've used randomized images on my website for a couple years, and no one's ever said anything like that to me about it. but then, my site isn't all that high traffic... I had Norton Anti-virus, but not the full security package...
Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Rogue PHP Script

New theme...

Post by Technical Administrator »

There's not a way around it, but they're not turning off their entire security. Just one small part of the Ad Blocking part. If I can find a way to make a specific exception, I'll post it.

Thank you,
-Technical Administrator
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

New theme...

Post by Northstars Love »

Ah, that would explain it. I turned off my NIS Ad Blocker and now I can see the banners. Very nice. Great work Jill. :)
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

New theme...

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Love the banners. I like both colours - the dark of the old and this new lighter version, but must admit that this one is a bit easier on the eyes for me.
Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

New theme...

Post by Bamfette »

if no one has any problems besides the banner, which we can explain how to fix, I'll make this one the default them on the first of September....
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

New theme...

Post by Saint Kurt »

I LOVE it!

Nice job Jill! The new theme looks great.

-e
Karl-XMB
Lubber
Lubber

New theme...

Post by Karl-XMB »

A very nice job indeed. The theme is much brighter and I much prefer it to the original nightscrawlers theme.

Well done.
Karl.
XMB Assistant Support Manager
XMB Administrator
http://www.xmbforum.com