The Winding Way (Nightcrawler #7-11) SPOILERS on last 2 page

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by theatrepirate
Wonder why there wasn't more research done?
Perhaps there was; that's the point. You never know; I for one expect a twist, and Saint Kurt's idea was brilliant. Looking forward to future issues. ;) And don't forget to buy them!
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I agree with Zam's idea. And I have even more ideas as to possible reasons for Kurt getting his own memories wrong.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Cool! I can't wait to hear them!

:whistle hmmhmm hmm hmmm hmmm..... :peek So? Aren't you going to share?

-e
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, the story is not very well developed yet. And as my story pertains to a certain current arc, I'm leaving these ideas alone until I see how it pans out. But my ideas involve Emma, Azzy, Belasco, or all of them and the long-term effects of "psychic tampering."
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Saint Kurt »

So - I'm confused then. Are you talking about something you're writing? Because I'm talking about the monthly Nightcrawler comic that Marvel's publishing which happens to be the topic of this thread.

There's nothing wrong with fan fiction (we've got a whole forum dedicated to it here!) but it does muddy up the conversation a bit. If we could keep the speculations only to what we think may be going on with the current arc of the Nightcrawler solo ongoing that should keep us nicely on topic. (Discussions for previous arcs can go in the previous arcs' threads and ... it's not looking like I'll be making any new threads for upcoming arcs unfortunately. :( )

Thanks,
-e
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I don't think the 12th issue is part of the Winding Way.. it's gonna be a birthday issue.. though it comes out over a week after his birthday..
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I was actually talking about both. One of my stories will depend very much on how Winding Way pans out.

Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

The Winding Way (Nightcrawler #7-11) SPOILERS on last 2 pages!

Post by Cibo »

Is it just me or does anyone prefer the inker of issue 1-6 over the new one? No offence, but the overall visual quality of the series has declined and now lacks in smoothness and accuracy of the lines. It still looks very good, but not as great as before.
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

I totally agree with you.
The first inker was better.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I hadn't really noticed... I'll check it out and decide later:bamf The best thing to come out of these issues though have to be Darick's covers:bamf
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkholme »

OK, so #10 came out over a week ago, and no discussion? My excuse has been that I've been travelling through Mississippi, Tennessee and Kentucky and didn't get to my comic shop until today, but I sat in the parking lot and read it before driving home. Where's everyone else?

If I have to spark discussion...I guess the thread should be changed to "The Winding Way (Nightcrawler #7-#11)"
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I don't think there's much to discuss. Stuff happened, we get an inkling as to why, and I suspect that 11 and 12 will explain the who and how.

Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Originally posted by Angelique
I don't think there's much to discuss. Stuff happened, we get an inkling as to why, and I suspect that 11 and 12 will explain the who and how.
Sorry to disagree. There ARE things to discuss.

SPOILERS

[spoiler] Kurt being the new soulsword owner (or is he ?), Margali's behaviour, Kurt's fighting abilities (the only weak part of this series for me...Kurt isn't efficient in a fight enough), the excellent and impressive rogue gallery, Nurse Palmer's apparent death, the coming fight between Logan and Kurt, and, of course and once again, Darick's amazing art.[/spoiler]

Voila.
www.atlantys.biz

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

This issue had a lot to talk about in it.. the only problem is I forgot most of it:LOL I'll have to reread it and get back to you:LOL:bamf
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

[quote]Originally posted by Diablo
...Nurse Palmer's apparent death, the coming fight between Logan and Kurt...[/quote]

I doubt Christine's dead...there wasn't even any blood on the ground (if she is, and if Storm picks Wolverine over Kurt I doubt their friendship will survive)...as for the fight, Kurt knows what's at stake and who he’s up against, I doubt he’ll hold back…I really hope he kicks that over-rated hairball’s butt (like he did the Serpents in Excalibur #62)!
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

^Well, yeah, there's all that, but I wasn't going to get into it without functioning spoiler tags. ;) Suffice to say, I saw a lot of it coming.

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I thought some people already mentioned this possibility already but.. Isn't this all a dream anyway?! Isn't Kurt hallucinating all this and in truth he's still in the coma.. that's why the treasure chest was showing up everywhere..:bamf
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

I hope it isn't only a dream.
It would ruin the tension of the whole story, wouldn't it ?

[quote]Originally posted by Nandireya
as for the fight, Kurt knows what's at stake and who he’s up against, I doubt he’ll hold back…I really hope he kicks that over-rated hairball’s butt (like he did the Serpents in Excalibur #62)! [/quote]

YEAAAAAAAH, I'm with you on this, Nandy. :evil
If Kurt could just kick his big hairy butt...
(no offense to Logan's fans : I love the character, but the fact that the elf has never won against him bothers me too much, particularly these days where Logan is everywhere, while Kurt's series is to be cancelled.)
:yell
www.atlantys.biz

Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Saint Kurt »

Until we get the spoiler tags going again, I've edited the title. I'm actually the one that broke them though I did it for a good cause. There was a bug in our forum software that could crash the whole board if certain combinations of BB codes were entered into a post. That's bad.

Unfortunately when I implemented the fix, I inadvertantly edited a piece of the spoiler hack without realizing it.
Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
[spoiler]Isn't this all a dream anyway?! Isn't Kurt hallucinating all this and in truth he's still in the coma.. that's why the treasure chest was showing up everywhere..[/spoiler]:bamf
That's just a possibility I suggested, but just because I suggested it doesn't mean it's true. :)

Though some things happen in #10 that break some of the "rules" I had in my head to make that theory work - one of them being that what was happening in Limbo/X-Mansion world was "real time" and the plot points involving Kurt were happening in "Nightcrawler time". When the gang from Limbo showed up in Florida it kind of messed up my framework.

The other thing is - they talk about that trunk and explain its meaning. The trunk represents Kurt's unconscious knowledge of his possession of the soulsword.

Not everything makes total sense though. I still don't understand why the story is so sketchy when it comes to the details of Kurt's history for the last 2 issues - nor does it explain the spotty dream-like "we're here and now we're over here ... and now we're here" plotting of Kurt's arc of the story. (Unless it's bad writing but I'm still giving Roberto the benefit here.)

One thing that is interesting is something that I didn't mention here because I thought it was so far fetched as to be ridiculous. I'm beginning to think that the forces at work here are some how related to the demons in the first arc of the series. In issue #9 Kurt constantly draws attention to all the flies that are around Jardine on his return to Florida. It made me think of the fact that Darick drew a big fly on the wall of the children's ward at Metro General. (It doesn't hurt that I have the inked original of that page hanging on my wall so that I see that fly all the time too...) In demon mythology flies and bugs are often linked as their minions.

Now in #10 it appears that those flies around Jardine were important after all. So maybe that fly on the wall at Metro General is more than just a fly on the wall?

hmmm...
-e
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

Hang on one cotton-pickin' minute
Nightcrawler has the *Soulsword???*

Since when?

and why would it attatch itself to him? Previously all the non-Illyana attatchments (Kitty, Amanda, Margali, and Amanda again) have all been more or less logical, so why Nighty?

You do realise S.K. that i now have an image of an armoured, sword-wielding Nightcrawler running around in my brain? *sigh*
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I don't think he'd keep the Soulsword, however. (I suspect the reason why it was foisted up him without his conscious knowledge is because he would not have wanted it.)

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by kladyelf
Hang on one cotton-pickin' minute
Nightcrawler has the *Soulsword???*

Since when?

and why would it attatch itself to him? Previously all the non-Illyana attatchments (Kitty, Amanda, Margali, and Amanda again) have all been more or less logical, so why Nighty?

You do realise S.K. that i now have an image of an armoured, sword-wielding Nightcrawler running around in my brain? *sigh*
I think Amanda (possibly by Margali’s suggestion) transferred it to him magically because of its corrupting properties…Kurt apparently doesn’t have a ‘whiff of evil’ in him ;) …hard to believe given his parentage…

And there are worse thing to have running around your head than an image of an armoured, sword-wielding Nightcrawler...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Nandireya
And there are worse thing to have running around your head than an image of an armoured, sword-wielding Nightcrawler...
Indeed. I, in fact, like that image. :P
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

This image is on my mind for years, LOL.

I doubt Marvel will allow this kind of transformation for the character, but that's the one I'd like to see...
www.atlantys.biz

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

They could make a mini series about him as the protector of Limbo.. and they could use the team from Nightcrawler for it:nodyes:nodyes That'd be great:bamf