X-Men Legends II

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

It's out! And Kurt's still in it! (Unlike X-3 and everything else these days) Get! Play! BAMF!

:worship
Bamf, suckas!
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Legends II

Post by BAMFCentral »

u got a copy?? Where did u pick it up at???
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

X-Men Legends II

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I thought it came out Friday..
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

I got mine at Electronics Boutique. Best Buy said it would be "available" tomorrow. The official release date was 9/21, though...so if you go to a straight-up video game retailer, you should be able to get it. I read that X-Box is the best version, in terms of load time, but it's on all three consoles.
Bamf, suckas!
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Legends II

Post by BAMFCentral »

cool I'll have to run buy one on the way home and see

It has several versions out/coming out

PS2; GameCube; X-Box;

Ngage; PC (with 4 exclusive playable mutants); PSP (with 1 exclusive playable mutant);

I tried to check the site to see what other platforms its available for but its running slow and crashing...
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

X-Men Legends II

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

My mom is off from work tomorrow, so I'll ask her to take me to the mall then.. I'll have to stop off at the bank before though, I'm broke..
luvnightcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

X-Men Legends II

Post by luvnightcrawler »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
I'll have to stop off at the bank before though, I'm broke..
You know what the coolest thing about having a little sister who loves X-Men and a stepbrother who loves video games is? That when you like both X-Men and video games, you can get them to split the cost with you 3 ways on all X-Men video games!
I probably don't even have enough money for that, though...:urg
:pokeThe Realm of the Stripey Pants :poke

I apologize for any spelling mistakes. It's kinda hard to type in a straight jacket......
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

X-Men Legends II

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

You're pretty lucky though.. none of my siblings would split anything for the game for me.. my brother said he'd buy me the game, but I doubt he will.. he's always planning on spending money he doesn't even have..
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by DeeJay »

I'm waiting for the PSP release of this game.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

X-Men Legends II

Post by Nandireya »

I don't even have X-Men Legends...I the have money...but I don't have the time to play video games...:( My X-Box must think I don't love it anymore...though I was watching DVDs on it while my DVD Recorder was in the shop...(three times...four months old and it's needed repair three time...grumble, grumble, grumble...) I haven't actually played a game on it since last Christmas...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

Both of the games are totally worth it. X-Men Legends II is even better than the first...though I do have a beef with the way our favorite fuzzy elf is portrayed...he runs around on all fours all the time! Not cool! Everything else about him is perfect, though...the bamfing is so much more intuitive...man, I want to go home and play it right now!
Bamf, suckas!
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Legends II

Post by BAMFCentral »

Originally posted by prettyminotaur
...though I do have a beef with the way our favorite fuzzy elf is portrayed...he runs around on all fours all the time!
Really?? I kinda liked that aspect of it. Not sure if I like the change to the bamf or not. Its a little easier to execute, but I wish I didn't have to jump first to do it.

Played a few levels on it... All the additions to the game really help with the flow of the game. The equipment that is dropped by the enemies is more mixed ( though I wish they included more than the 3 types of equipment that was the same amount as last time.) Really liking the powers and the guest stars. Haven't had time to search and find out who the exclusive playable characters are on the different versions of the game. Trying to be vague as the best things I have liked about this game are the things I didn't know :p

Overall a good game that X-men / Comic fans will really get into. But non-comic gamers might not get too excited about. Its a little too easy, so far. Hopefully it will pick up as the story moves along.
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

I agree that the game's a little too easy...but the backgrounds are fabulous, and the characterization is even better than the first one...there's a scene with Kurt and Wolvie in the Savage Land that's pretty awesome...and the random conversations that occur based on who you have in your party are great!

Still not happy with the 4-legged Kurt...you can bamf without jumping, though--just power up your "teleport" ability, assign it to one of the buttons, and :bamf away!
Bamf, suckas!
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Legends II

Post by BAMFCentral »

Yeah I never read to booklet and just started playing... It was in act 2 that one of the ? helper icons told me how to do that, but I would rather have an att power or boost power there instead, yet it is easy to switch back and forth so -

I did collect the first 4 homing beacons that opened up the Act 1 secret stage area... Odd bonus character to be working on to unlock but not complaining haven't seen any pics of that character online yet so not sure if anyone has complted the game as of yet...

I'm in the beginning of Act 2. Kurt's the strongest of all my chars though it helps that I keep giving him all the boosts I find along the way and no one else : )

The only thing that I haven't been able to find that much of is Danger Room Disc I only have 3 for the Freshman lvl and one is the Final Exam so that the Sophmore lvl will open... bummer... The DR was one of the things I liked the most in the last game. Plus the added incentive to use it now with its new bonus system is just to rich to pass up.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Men Legends II

Post by Diablo »

Not a lot of time these days to try this great game... But I'll buy it as soon as I see it. ;)
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Men Legends II

Post by Nandireya »

It's easy, huh? Cool...I might be able to handle it then...I haven't played a video game in such a long time I'm bound to totally suck. I might give it a looksee...though it'll probably cost close to $AU100...

*EDIT* had a look around...RRP is $69.95 (games sure have come down since I last bought one)...but it's not out until October 12th...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

X-Men Legends II

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I suggest buying it.. it's a little slow in the beginning, but once you get a hang of it, it's really fun (I've been playing it for about four hours already..):bamf
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Men Legends II

Post by Darkholme »

I picked up the PC version of the game since I'm on the road so much that I would be more likely to have time playing it in the hotel or the airport than sitting at home on a regular console. I was worried it wouldn't play as smoothly as the console versions...well, I was wrong.

Things I like about the PC version over the console version:
- $10 cheaper
- Can use keyboard, mouse AND gamepad - great for characters who you want to use more than 4 powers for (like Nightcrawler and Magneto)
- Has Sabretooth as a playable character (and Pyro too, but not Mystique - she'll probably be in the PSP version).

So right now I'm running with a pseudo AoA team of Magneto, Sabretooth, Storm and Nightcrawler. Now I just need to unlock the AoA skins...

And add me to the ranks of those who like Nightcrawler bounding about on all fours. Whenever I would dress as Nightcrawler for Halloween or events at the comic shop, that's how I would scamper about. :)
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

It gets harder around level 3, I've found. Hordes of enemies coming atcha! But I'm liking it way more than the first one. In the first one, you pretty much HAD to have Wolvie as a member of your team just to survive, but team selection is much more flexible now. And the costumes are terrific...and the Danger Room(one of my fave features from XML1, too!) is badass. I agree on the unlockable character---why??? I find myself paralyzed with not caring.

My core team right now is Nightcrawler(but of course), Jean Grey(Phoenix outfit, wooo!), Iceman, and Storm(in the sweeeet 70s outfit, natch). But I've been using Sunfire(in the AoA garb), Rogue, Bishop, Wolvie, and Cyke as well.
Bamf, suckas!
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Legends II

Post by BAMFCentral »

Near the end of the 3rd level. The last game got a little old with all the constant non-stop fighting which this one suffers from as well, but the nice thing about this is that they do break it up with a story/objective so you feel you are moving along quicker than you actually are.

Costumes aren't hard to unlock you essentially get new costumes at the start of every act. I did at least in the 3rd and 2nd acts.

Using Nightcrawler (by giving him every boost and having him in every DR session to get extras he is my tank. His non-Power damage is lower than Colossus or Juggs, but he rivals any of the others once I start swinging the swords. Do take advantage of buying a couple of power points from Forge/Beast when you have spare funds.

My main team is generally NC, Colossus, Magneto, Iceman. With change ups with the other 3 when I get sick of their phrases. I tend to cycle through my supporting roles. I really like Sunfire and think he is cool and all but he isn't very strong so I use him very sparingly. Too many things have mental resistance for me to get much use out of Phoenix. Though her ability to fly and create bridges is a nice feature. Surprisingly I like the diversity of Rogues new powers.

The only characters I generally don't get much use out of are Scarlet Witch, Jean Grey, Toad, Gambit, Storm, Bishop, Sunfire. Bishop, Sunfire and Toad are fun to play but for whatever reason I can't make any use out of them.
It gets harder around level 3, I've found. Hordes of enemies coming atcha! But I'm liking it way more than the first one. In the first one, you pretty much HAD to have Wolvie as a member of your team just to survive, but team selection is much more flexible now. .. I agree on the unlockable character---why??? I find myself paralyzed with not caring.
Radial Attacks and Iceman's/ Magnetos incapciate attacks really help me with the swarms.

Pretty much refuse to use wolverine. He had the best attacks in the last game and its nice to see others get better treatment this time around.

Actually looking forward to unlocking/using the homing beacon character. One of the best things about Mutant Academy 2 fighter was the strange unlockables. I am curious if they will ever say why they choose him though for this game.
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

He is a bizarre unlockable, indeed. I'll try the radial attacks for the hordes...I, too, have been avoiding using Wolvie as much as I can, just because I found it nigh-impossible NOT to use him in the first game!

I've also been giving Kurt every boost, power-up and Danger Room advantage possible. He is much more powerful than anyone else, and I wouldn't have it any other way! I haven't been using any of the Brotherhood characters, really...it just doesn't interest me that much. I think including them is a good move in terms of the storyline, but I would have preferred more playable X-characters. Gambit is the only X-Man who consistently sits on the bench, with Colossus a close second.

I'm biased, naturlich, but I think Kurt is the most interesting/versatile character in terms of powers. In certain levels, I don't know how one would advance without his ability to teleport through walls...

Man, I want to go home and play now.
Bamf, suckas!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Men Legends II

Post by Nandireya »

Going on what I've been reading, I'm guessing Kurt and Wolverine are pretty similar in this game…they’re both quick, agile and possess sharp pointy things for slashing with (though Kurt’s gotta have superior reach)…

Though it still isn’t out here so I don’t know how they play, but the Kurwanda shipper in me is tempted to put Kurt and Wanda on the same team :D

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

X-Men Legends II

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

It gets harder around level 3, I've found. Hordes of enemies coming atcha! But I'm liking it way more than the first one. In the first one, you pretty much HAD to have Wolvie as a member of your team just to survive, but team selection is much more flexible now. .. I agree on the unlockable character---why??? I find myself paralyzed with not caring.
Actually, besides the first few levels, I don't think I used Wolverine in the first one.. simply because he's so overrated that he pissed me off and I refused to use him.. same case in this one.. In the first one I usually used Storm, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, and Iceman, though I occasionally switched Cyclops if I wanted a change, but I don't think I've used Wolverine too much (the first time I played it I'm sure he was always on the team, but I started a new game recently and can't remember using him..)

As for this game, my team usually contains Storm, Magneto, and I've been rotating the last two spots, though Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Phoenix, Gambit, and Iceman are usually the only ones I use..
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Men Legends II

Post by prettyminotaur »

Phoenix is marvelous in this one. But Kurt leveled up the whole way...unstoppable fuzzynaut!
Bamf, suckas!
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Legends II

Post by BAMFCentral »

Originally posted by Nandireya
Going on what I've been reading, I'm guessing Kurt and Wolverine are pretty similar in this game…

Though it still isn’t out here so I don’t know how they play, but the Kurwanda shipper in me is tempted to put Kurt and Wanda on the same team :D
The slashing idea is smiliar but the execute it in different ways.

Kurt's 2 main attacks are using the sword in some fashion and Bamf Attacks. I have an equal mix of both but if you focused on one you would have a stronger attack. The sword gives you good damage up close, and the Bamf is a decent lower damage long range attack. Though I must say put points into MASTER OF CHAOS when you can. Best screen clearing move ever :D

Kurt also has a few defensive abilities which mimic his agility (to avoid attack) and his blend in shadows (which in this game once you get high enough you can extend this ability to your teammates for a brief time)

Actually there is a small plot point at the beginning of Act 4 that envolves another mutant and the Witch... wont say who but be sure to talk to everyone at your home base when you get to act 4 it was pretty funny.

And I take back what I said about Jean Grey she has been on my team as of late. Her radial attack is very good when your not surrounded by robots.

Oh and Act 3 took forever, i thought I was near the end and I soooo was not.

Really like the cut scenes between the acts, but man I wish they were longer.