Nightscrawlers' Response to Marvel

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
H-7
Lubber
Lubber

Post by H-7 »

It was specially drawn by Roland Paris from crossgen for me.
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by wolviechickie »

I have not posted on this board for years...

I am not sure if it feels good to be posting again
*wonders*

nonetheless...I have matured

I think

I have emailed Marvel. I do enjoy this series. I think its wonderfully written and drawn. It would be shame if marvel let it go.

If they do stop the series I wonder if they will do the same for this series as they did for the "runaways" series. Both Series are breath of fresh air and have their own fans.

oh well fingers crossed.
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

#10 is out TODAY, and I must say, Roberto and Darick have really outdone themselves...go go go! Buy buy buy! Make it fly off the shelves, people! :nodyes
Bamf, suckas!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by prettyminotaur
#10 is out TODAY, and I must say, Roberto and Darick have really outdone themselves...go go go! Buy buy buy! Make it fly off the shelves, people! :nodyes
Unfortunately, I cannot get a hold of the blasted issue 'till Saturday, and if I am to go to the HIM/Finch/SKindred concert next month, I gotta save my pennies and play the good girl attitude till then. *sigh* I doubt I'll be able to get it this month by way of anything short of begging a friend to pick it up for me. If it wer'nt for Marvel canceling the series, I wouldn't be feeling so bad about not being able to get the ish., but three bands at once, near my town? I can't pass up this chance.

Flog me if you will...I would deserve it. :shame

BLAST YOU MARVEL!!! OH! HOW THE MIGHTY SPLEEN OF DOOM SHALL SMITE THEE!!!
:urg
one name: Bruce Campbell
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

Is #10 really out today?? Oh, I shall go to school and inform my lovely high school students. All comic book stores in the surrounding areas...BEWARE! You are about to get swamped!! MWUHAHAH!!! Nightcrawler forever!;)

...and we had the idea, that if we were really good, God would permit us to be pirates." - Mark Twain
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Actually, Nightcrawler #10 came out on yesterday, which is even better than coming out today!

:D

-e
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Got it and already read it three times. By the way, Theatrepirate, love the avatar!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
buri103
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by buri103 »

Oooooooooooo, 400 mass e-mails!!

:eek
25 And the Lord spake unto the Angel that guarded the eastern gate, saying Where is the flaming sword which was given unto thee?

26 And the Angel said, I had it here only a moment ago, I must have put it down some where, forget my own head next.

27 And the Lord did not ask him again.
~Good Omens

http://www.nataliedee.com/ and http://www.toothpastefordinner.com
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Yep. Grats to everyone and thanks for the response! Do remember to send post mail too, and use the e-mail form if you have not already. :)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

Originally posted by Angelique
Got it and already read it three times. By the way, Theatrepirate, love the avatar!

Ah, much thanks! I flipped when I saw it! I mean Kurt as a pirate!?!? What more could a girl ask for?? **sigh**

And yes, my students bought up all the copies our local comic book store had in stock. Heck yeah!

...and we had the idea, that if we were really good, God would permit us to be pirates." - Mark Twain
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

Am I too late to add a post?? I am so new to the room...afterall...

How many times can we sign the petition, and is it too late to save the book from extinction?:*)

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I fear it is.. issue twelve is coming out this wednesday and the team behind the magic are probably getting to work on something new.. :bawl
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by StarChild
Am I too late to add a post?? I am so new to the room...afterall...

How many times can we sign the petition, and is it too late to save the book from extinction?:*)
You may sign the online petition once. It will not let you more than once. From all accounts, however, it is too late to save it from extinction. It's still worth it.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Mmmmm... The Wolverine series has gone on for how long and Nighty gets cancelled after one year :bawl

Yes, I'm a Shoulder Parrot
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Nightcrawler Artist!

Post by Darick »

Marvel used to give a title time to gain an audience. This one wasn't cost effective enough.
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Cibo »

But sometimes I wonder... I got the Marvel Prewies for March recently and among those 110 and more titels there are only 10 that interest me (and of these there are only three I'll buy most probably and for the rest I'll just wait for the German edition...) So... who the hell is going to buy all this stuff, all these obscure titels, countless miniseries, crossovers and spin-offs? :eek So there's a market for everything? We put out as much as we can and wait what's left when the dust settles? That makes it somewhat hard to believe there wasn't any room for poor little Nightcrawler. (Yeah, I know, money and stuff...)
Or maybe I'm just biased because the superhero market in Germany is totally different from the American market, only about 30 titles -and that's Marvel, DC, Image and Crossgen combined- are published every month with varying and limited success which leaves little room for experiments (like the relaunch of a FF ongoing series- a total flop). It's become a niche market for mostly older fans and collectors. (This reminds me of something, I've just read an article that people tend to avoid complicated choices and are more likely to buy from a reduced range of products.:D)
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause