Love to A. C. but... I have another idea..

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Tonks Kittygoth
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Tonks Kittygoth »

Im new, so maybe this has been done before.. but I was wondering if anyone has any other actors that they think would make good Kurts. My personal brainstorm is ... Adrian Brody.
He would be perfect, if he bulks up just a little. He has the super suave walk, like a old movie star.. if you saw the Pianist you saw it... he has that unlikely ladies man appeal... ask Halle Berry. And he has that sweet inteligent vunerability that we all love in Kurt. Not to mention he is funny and handsome. Also, he has that sadness, and world weary resolution to at least his character in the Pianist.
Understand, I do love Alan Cummings,... but I think Adrian would do very well indeed.
What do you all think?
Whatever doesnt kill you, makes you stronger. - Marcus Aurelius
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

That's a very interesting idea. I would have never thought of it, but I think he would really work. I just don't really dig Alan as Kurt. Who was the guy in 28 days later? If he got some muscles I think he would be pretty good.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tracker »

I can see Adrian as Kurt, but I liked Alan as Kurt. My problem is that he wasn't allowed to be the Nightcrawler we all know and love.
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
fallacy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by fallacy »

i never heard of an adrian brody before...

so i searched trough google and found :

http://www.22e.net/Merchant2/merchant.m ... y_Code=Men

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004778/

is that the man?

grüsse alex
grüsse alex
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

That would be him. He definatly has the attitued for it. I think I need to get off my butt and see the Pianist.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
fuzzy yukon
Lubber
Lubber

Post by fuzzy yukon »

I gotta say I never considered brody but now looki ng at his photos i think he would have been an excellent choice (love to alan despite this). Bring a box of tissues if your going to watch the pianist.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Correction: Alan Cumming. No "s" on Cumming.

I think he definately has what it takes to have been Nightcrawler....but I'll stick with my fave. actor, Alan:kiss
one name: Bruce Campbell
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

Warbird, you mean Cillian Murphy? Interesting, but he's quite short, and maybe his Zombie-smashing antics in 28 Days Later put all casting people off him... not that he isn't a great actor, the German accent can be quite hard to make authentic. Bryan Singer said he went to see Alan in a play where he was German, and he was so good at it that he kept him in mind for the Crawler part.
Maybe Cillian's schedule was already full up? And he scared the bejeezers out of everyone in Batman Begins. Will never get the image of the Scarecrow out of my head.:eek
Sorry Cillian Murphy lovers, he just isn't as good as Alan.:P
Love Adrian Brody, but he's way to tall and gawky. Can't see him with a tail, either.
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Cillian Murphy as nightcrawler.. aaagh.
Adrian Brody as nightcrawler, yes he has the looks and the way of acting.
Rowan Atkinson? The best for the part.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

This is kind of odd that the main three actors discussed have been Cillian Murphy, Adrien Brody, and Alan Cumming, cause Cumming and Brody are two of my hopefuls as the Joker in Batman Begins (though I think Brody would be more realistic as a maniacal murderer than Alan).. why did I bring up Murphy? Because it's likely that he'll be in Batman Begins 2 and would work with one of them (if they were cast of course).. any of this make sense to anyone else:LOL..
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Originally posted by Casshern
Adrian Brody as nightcrawler, yes he has the looks and the way of acting.
Totally.

The more stuff I see Adrian Brody in, the more I realize that Alan Cumming was a casting mistake.

It's not that I dislike Alan Cumming as an actor, or even disliked his performance as Nightcrawler. I think we can all agree that Cumming stole the show as Nightcrawler in X2 so it's not that at all.

But over the past year or so I've been thinking that I'm a 5'5" tall woman who only weighs a little over a hundred pounds and yet I've been able to successfully impersonate Nightcrawler. That just shouldn't be. Nightcrawler in the comics was anything but feminine.

It's true that I'm thankful for Bryan Singer's casting choice since I've had a lot of fun playing Nightcrawler, but Adrian Brody would have been Kurt Wagner from the comics stepping onto the screen. That would have been awesome.

-e
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

I think Brody's a wee bit too tall. He's a hottie, though.
Bamf, suckas!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Alkuperäinen postittaja Blue_Demon94
Because it's likely that he'll be in Batman Begins 2 and would work with one of them (if they were cast of course).. any of this make sense to anyone else:LOL..
It wont probably be Batman Begins 2
as Batman Begins was showing how it all started and it has been showed off allready the beginning of Batman i mean... But it would be ofcourse better title like Batman Begins 2: Shadow Of Gotham etc. Not "The Batman 5/6" etc. :P
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

I don't think Murphy will return for batman 2 or whatever it's called. They've got that bad guy (the scarecrow) out of the way so now they can move onto the Joker, who should really be played by either Johnny Depp or Jim Carrey.:nodyes
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
We'll meet again

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Quote from Myself on The X-Dream
Cillian Murphy (Scarecrow) has been signed to appear in future Batman Begins movie (maybe not the next, but one in the future).. it's up to the studio whether he'll appear or not, which I hope they do, because the character wasn't given enough time in the first one.. Murphy has said in an interview that he'll do another one, but as FOX has done with Nightcrawler, WB has the option to either continue with the character or just frop them like that (damn you FOX!)..
I can't find the actual article, but Murphy has stated that he's interested in doing another Batman..
Silent Crawler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Silent Crawler »

My friend and I joke that Bruce Campbell would have made a funny Crawler.:LOL
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Cibo »

I think it would have been fun if they had actually cast a German actor. Like Til Schweiger: http://german.imdb.com/name/nm0001709/ Being not very tall and pretty muscular he might have made a suitable NC. Unfortunately his voice is kind of squeaky.
I don't like him that much but he's one of the best known and most popular actors in Germany and lots of women think he's hot. You might even now him, he played some minor roles in Hollywood movies like King Arthur, The Replacement Killers or Driven.
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Alkuperäinen postittaja rad_666
the Joker, who should really be played by either Johnny Depp or Jim Carrey.:nodyes
Johnny Depp, hmm why? After seeing Jack as a Joker i cant actually think about johnny depp as joker :P
And jim carrey cannot be Joker, he allready was The Riddler :P
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Cibo »

Depp as Joker? Naa, that just doesn't fit at all.:shakeno
I guess Carrey would have been a good Joker but since he already played the Riddler... Considering Jack Nicholson's awesome performance it's going to be quite a task for any actor to portray the Joker, to step into Nicholson's shoes.
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

I agree with Saint Kurt. As another 5'5" woman (though, only in wishful thinking do I weigh 100 pounds!) who chose to dress up in movie costume, it was pretty easy to pull off A.C.'s Nightcrawler character. Adrian has more the build and such (except the nose, which I just can't place on Kurt), I don't know how graceful he would look on screen either, but it's kind of hard to picture anyone other than A.C. now. The films have their own life, and each character is so different from the comics. (I got over the Wolvie film versus comic differences pretty quickly!)
Alas, there will never be the opportunity for Alan to flesh out Nighty's character any more. I would have liked to see him get a chance to delve more into the carefree, flirty, and prankster side of his personality...which I believe Alan totally could have pulled off...as his character became an X-Man. Oh well...
Adrian, though...makes me think...hmmmm...

...and we had the idea, that if we were really good, God would permit us to be pirates." - Mark Twain
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

I think Jonny as he's proved he can act kind of insane in pirates of the caribbean... yes, I did know Jim carrey was the Riddler. He's just so damn funny!
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
We'll meet again

Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Jonny, doesnt look like Joker.

and now back to the topic
yes i know hes too blue, but i didnt think about that too much. The main idea is that you get the picture. I think he would fit.

Behold Adrien Brody as the Nightcrawler
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

Oh, my flippin heck!! How hilarious! My high school students and I actually got into a debate today over who would make the better NC, Alan or Adrian. I have one student who is a HUGE Adrian Brody fan...so I had a great time kidding around with her...like...

Well, they could have gotten a lot more scar patterns on his nose than Alan's...or...instead of using his tail, Adrian could just use his nose to wipe out the White House guards in the movie!

Ah...we had quite the fun! I'm not against Adrian...not too shabby...just prefer good ol' A.C.

...and we had the idea, that if we were really good, God would permit us to be pirates." - Mark Twain
Tonks Kittygoth
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Tonks Kittygoth »

Wow! I posted this like a million years ago and now there is such interest! Thank you all for the great comments, especialy the Blu-brody pic!

First, I agree that it would be Idea to have character actors of the same nationality as the character play them, but hollywood is hollywood.

Cillian Murphy is a very cool actor! I hope he does lots of stuff in the future.
As far as Xmen rolls, I could see him as a great Black Tom... with the pretty crazy eyes and the tight mucsles....

I dont think height should matter much with actor choice, I mean, look at Ellijah Wood et al in LoTR... They can do anything w/ fx. And Hugh J isnt the right hieght either...

Bruce Campell is hillarious as anyone he plays.

Sorry, but I wish Jim Carry would stick to serious roles, or stop playing himself all the time. He ruined the Grinch and Series of Unfortuneate Events for me, as his Jim Carrey shtick was too over the top to blend in anything but a stand up routine for me.

I guess I will always be a character actor fan.

Speaking of which J. Depp is a wonderful Charecter actor. He does a good job disolving into the part, so he is not "J Depp" but instead becomes Jack Sparrow, Ed Wood, etc... He is welcome in any movie theoretically casted by me.

I haven't been keeping up, did I read that Fox has dropped the character alltogether??

I did read in some magazine (starburst I think?) that A. C. was glad not to play him again, (I believe it had more to do with the makeup sessions than anything, and may have been a joke alltogether)

Either way it made me sad, I hoped there would be more screen NC, especially from the viewer response.

I worked in a Video game store when it came out ... and all the customers were going crazy about how much they loved the opening scene.

Maybe Bryan Singer will take over again in the future and return the correct order of the world....
Whatever doesnt kill you, makes you stronger. - Marcus Aurelius
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by rad_666
I think Jonny as he's proved he can act kind of insane in pirates of the caribbean... yes, I did know Jim carrey was the Riddler. He's just so damn funny!
Not to mention Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, no? :LOL
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.