this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

So our air conditioner blew up last night... as in with an actual explosion, real fire, firefighters and the whole shebang. It was quite exciting. -_-

We're okay, the house is okay, but the air conditioner is slagged. Thank God we were home to catch it when it had just been going a few minutes, and to call the fire department.

So last night we slept on an air mattress on my mom's living room floor, and tonight we're doing the same. Yay.

Somebody's supposed to come Sunday to look at the air conditioner. It's not that damn old - like five years.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Shiiiit ><
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

So, the crazy neighbor that broke into my mom and dad's house? Yeah, she's been leaving notes for the past two weeks. ...Like, creepy notes. And, she watches us from her bedroom window.

But that's not all.

Yesterday, she drove by the house and practically stopped in the street to attempt to see in the windows. Then, my mom and dad were coming back from dinner, and she was waiting in the driveway, drunk. She gave my dad money because she owes him for remodeling and fixing parts of her house, so he went inside to get her a receipt, closing the garage door in the process which led my mom to believe she was locked out of the house.

Neighbor proceeded to confess her love for my dad to my mom and talk about how she checks for his truck in the driveway, argued with her about where their bedroom is in the house, tried to say my mom was passed out in the house the night neighbor attacked my dad (which she wasn't, she was at my boyfriend's birthday party), accused my mom of abusing me, said my parents wouldn't let me come see her because of what's been happening, and insinuated my parents were racist for calling the cops on her for breaking into our house.

My mom attempted to diffuse the conversation a few times, and it got to the point where the neighbor was blocking her from going inside. My dad came back out, explained to her that they were going inside to go to bed, and she tried to follow my parents inside. Finally, my mom yelled at her to go home.

This morning she was at the mailbox. She was putting something inside and taking pictures of it. We come home from dinner, and a light in her house that isn't usually on is along with the Christmas lights she keeps in her bedroom window. The same lights that she usually has on the day before she leaves her creepy notes (though that may just be our paranoia).

Normally, this wouldn't bother me so much, seeing as I don't live with my parents. Except I'm staying here tonight. ><

And, on top of the crazy neighbor stuff... I have cramps. -_-

[Edited on 7/30/2011 by tears~fall~like~glass]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

These crazy stories are giving me great ideas for a book....
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

The crazy neighbor strikes again!

I got up this morning, did whatever, and my parents left for Wal-mart after lunch. My mom calls me right after they left to tell me the neighbor came out as they were pulling out of the driveway, washing one of the windows she watches us from. She tells me to lock the backdoor because that's the door they used to go out of the house. About 20 minutes after they left, the neighbor drives by slowly, wearing a giant sunhat, sunglasses, and a scarf with her massive rottweiler hanging out the car window, trying really hard not to look like she's peering in our windows.

So I call my mom tell to her the neighbor left, which we figured was a good thing. Don't have to worry about her creepiness while Matt and I are at the house.

After a while, I think I see our car go by. Didn't think much of it because a lot of people have the same car. Then, my phone rings. It's my mom calling to tell me that the neighbor is sitting in my dad's truck and to not go outside or let the dog out while they drove around the block. It was a massive surprise since we didn't think she was home.

They drive circled twice to make sure she was gone before they pull into the driveway, so there's not a repeat of Thursday.

Turns out she left notes in the truck. For me. -_-
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

Whaaaaaa?
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

I'd totally be reporting all the crazy to the cops - you're building a good case for a restraining order.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My dad's been seriously considering a restraining order at this point because he finds it ridiculous that he can't go out to cut the lawn for fear she'll attack him. The only reason there isn't one is because they don't think it'll stop her, or it could make things worse.

But, yeah, if Matt or I would've known she was in the truck earlier today, she would've had the cops called on her.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

This might need its own thread soon if that restraining order doesn't happen.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

To add onto it, I got like NO sleep last night for fear that the crazy bitch might strike again since the warning sign of Christmas lights in her window were on and tears almost killed herself diving down a small (four step) flight of stairs when she heard something at the patio door
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

...Alright, I'm going to come clean about something.

I attempted suicide on Thursday, through trying to slice up my wrists. Obviously, I failed, lacerating the shit out of my arm in the process. I was assessed for a ward over the weekend, but as I had watchers I was deemed alright to be left to them, what with police on call for suicide watch and a team on the same.

Tomorrow, I'm to be assessed again, having been placed at high risk of a repeat performance and with a history of suicide and self-harm and considered a risk to myself. There is a very high chance I will be placed in a mental ward - 'sectioned', in British terminology. It will be a voluntary thing, as I will go willingly as I obviously need help, but it means I will be away for 28 days at the very least.

This will mean possibly no contact with anything but immediate family, ie. Pup and possibly a couple of friends, assuming I'm allowed visitors. On the one hand, this means I will get help I obviously need and will mean that I'll be in an environment where I can't damage myself further.

...On the other, I'm going to be sectioned after trying to kill myself and I'm going to be away from my closest for the majority of the time, in a strange place, with strange people.

And on top of that? I'm missing my best friend's 21st birthday, which we've spent a month planning. It's a small suck compared to the rest, but it's pretty much the icing on the cake.

Tonight may be the last night I spend in chat, or online at all, for the large part of the month.

Sorry for the downer, guys.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Scummy, you'll be missed, but I'm pretty sure I can speak for the others in saying we're totally behind you in this. Speaking for myself, I've been amazed at how frank you are in discussing your various issues. Not meaning to sound corny or anything, but that takes guts, and I like that. Furthermore, you know the kind of help you need, and you're opting to get it. I only wish every patient I've come across were that easy.

Anyway, here's hoping you come back from this stronger and soon.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

*hugs Scummy*

We'll miss you hun, and keep you in our thoughts. What matters is that you feel better.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Ah Scummy hon, please be all right. I love you. I don't know what else I can say, except I have been there, and I know how it is, and also, looking back on it, I'm glad I'm still here. And I hope it will be the same for you soon. Kisses, and love.
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I hope you feel better soon, Scum.
I hope everything works out okay.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Might have broken my ankle. Waiting to get x-rays in the ER now.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

So...not only have we not been paid, and are therefore short on rent...

My phone's screwing up, which means that if I need to phone my CPN/treatment team in an emergency? I can't.

...I blame the rioters :shifty

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

You know, when one is having to deal with flashbacks stemming from violent parents...

...Is already of a nervous disposition because of a recent breakdown...

...Has been within hearing distance of a series of violent riots...

...Being woken up by a couple of guys and a woman screaming at each other outside your window at 1.30am and throwing bricks at each other does not make for a happy time.

Just...fuck off and take your street theatre elsewhere, kids.

Oh. Also. Turns out at least one of them is one half of the sweet and lovely couple that live underneath us and likes to share their bass with us until 3am. So there's now shouting outside AND under us. Excuse me while I gibber to myself and see if I can get away with taking another anti-anxiety med...

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

I'm back at work in the office. :shifty
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I locked myself out of the fucking house, which shouldn't be a fucking issue... Except Matt's dumbass brother apparently doesn't understand that pounding on the door is signal to open it. Because of this I'm way late picking Matt up. And he's already on my shitlist for fucking with my television while Matt and I were on vacation. No way to lie out of it because the wii was hooked up to it when we left and now it's not (wouldn't be a huge deal but he's known for breaking inputs on the televisions). However more irritated with myself for forgetting the keys in he first place.

Also, my ankle is killing me.

[Edited on 8/15/2011 by tears~fall~like~glass]
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I am so close to the private forums on a different board I've been posting on. I can almost taste the sweet secrety goodness. I just know they have the ultimate meaning of life in there. I need to be registered for at least six months. I need 40 rep points. And I need 100 posts. The last one is the easiest, right?? No. Oh my god. No. No. I have never in a lifetime of Internet Superstardom had SO MUCH TROUBLE managing to get a post count of 100. It's k-i-l-l-i-n-g me.

I just checked and I've been seriously working on the task of reaching 100 posts since Aug 6. That's like forever! And I registered ages ago so I had even already made a couple posts before abandoning the account. Current post count: 73. I DIE. -_-
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Power is out but "Hurricane" Irene turned into a wimp bitch all the same. Total tropical storm. Ha!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Update: Turns out we're on the bottom of the list in RI to get power fixed because our town is so small.

Will keep using friends' internet (and food and TV) to keep bringing you updates. Everyone, a big thank you to my friend Dan!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

Hurray Dan! And good luck with getting electricity back. It's definitely no fun to be without it for too long.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Uuuugh, I'm so tired today. Yet I must work. Ugggh.