Wolverine and X-men #1 cover...Crawler?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

Marvel released the new cover to Wolverine and the X-men#1 (not the cartoon). If you look closely at the shadowed out figures there is a familiar shape. Is that indeed 'crawler's tail on the right hand side?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/07/22/ ... the-cover/

[Edited on 8-28-2011 by Crash Tofu]
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Is it possible??? :bounce

Maybe AoA Kurt?
The only others with a tail like that are Nocturn and Azzie....

(I'm not getting my hopes up. Marvel's probably screwing with us. It's probably the shadow of some weird pointy stick or something. -_-)

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Marvel has a long history of teasing Jean Grey fans with Phoenix imagery, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did the same with Kurt, too.

With X-Force currently busy in the AoA and statements abound that one or more characters from that timeline will stick around, it's most likely that version of Nightcrawler.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

AoA Kurt is most likely, but I'm sure Azazel is equally likely.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Indigo_Lady
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Indigo_Lady »

Knowing Marvel's past history, they are probably just messing with the Nightcrawler fans, but AOA is better than no Kurt at all. I just have to hold out hope that my favorite version of our fuzzy elf will be back sooner or later.
Always a Queen of Narnia

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds. G.K. Chesterton

Favorite X-Men: :engarde :storm :colossus :nocturne :gambit :rogue :hank :psylocke
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

AoA Crawler would be fine. This would end years of "priest and not fun" Kurt.

Fingers crossed ! :)
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Diablo, I couldn't agree more. ;) Would be nice!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

It's up for ordering...still debating about it...I guess I could order the first couple...and drop it like doo doo if it turns out to be a tease...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/16/ ... -and-gold/

If you look at the wolvy pic it appears that there is a cloud in the background. Teleporting cloud? Let's hope!

Indigo_Lady
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Indigo_Lady »

Yeah maybe, and it's sort of the right color. :bamf

I'm trying not to hold my breath because Marvel has burned me too many times if I get my hopes too high.
Always a Queen of Narnia

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds. G.K. Chesterton

Favorite X-Men: :engarde :storm :colossus :nocturne :gambit :rogue :hank :psylocke
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

Actually i meant the port like area that has been blacked out. It could also easily be the power of whomever is standing next to it.

Kered
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kered »

The X-men are being split into two different comics, depending on who they side with, Wolverine (Wolverine and the X-men) or Cyclops (Uncanny X-men), so there's a chance that Nightcrawler could be in either one.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/06/1 ... -1-schism/

In the promo picture at the very bottom of the article, you can see some of the people who will be fetured in the comics, and guess what! They aren't blacked out!!! :bounce
the Catholic church identifies capibaras as fish so they can be eaten on Friday
capybara bbq day!!
Every friday!!!!!!
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Could be someone having a very bad hair day......:shifty
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

OK found this:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii49 ... 1313784100

I'm going to go hide from the fan-outrage now.... (if there is any, mind you, it's *A* Kurt, but not *our* Kurt...)

so....

Thoughts anyone?

:banana

[Edited on 20-8-2011 by kladyelf]
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

kladyelf wrote:OK found this:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii49 ... 1313784100

I'm going to go hide from the fan-outrage now.... (if there is any, mind you, it's *A* Kurt, but not *our* Kurt...)

so....

Thoughts anyone?

:banana

[Edited on 20-8-2011 by kladyelf]
I give it a year before he gets mind wiped by Cassandra Nova or Shadow King and the soul of 616 Kurt returns from the afterlife to claim the body.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

That's probably a frighteningly good theory, NZero.

Personally, I think AoA Crawler in 616 could be really interesting, for a while. If done right.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I completely agree. I really like Darkholme and I think he'd be really interesting in 616.....if they don't water him down.

But I'm also worried because now I think the writers have a character that they're more comfortable with (dark, moody, violent...ie: Wolvie-like--- but still technically Nightcrawler), and now I'm afraid Kurt Wagner won't be coming back ever.

:(
Mistress_D
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Mistress_D »

Danke for all the info guys. I like Darkholme, so I got no complaints! :) Hey, maybe after years of being gone, this could be the thing to bring me back to the comics! ;)
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Nightcrawler ZERO wrote:
I give it a year before he gets mind wiped by Cassandra Nova or Shadow King and the soul of 616 Kurt returns from the afterlife to claim the body.
I'd hope they'd have learned their lesson on the impossibility of getting a good story out of the wreckage that is 616 Nightcrawler and keep him dead forever.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

and miss out on the potential for profit Draz? seriously, Marvel can be rather Ferengi-like in trying to get us fans to part with hard earned cash.... besides who in the actual 616 comic-verse has really truly stayed dead*? its a short list, AFAIK its: John Proudstar, Gwen Stacy, Uncle Ben, Nigel Erskine and the scientist guy who helped Tony Stark come up with Iron Man.

*(and i'm not counting clones or undeads or anything)
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

kladyelf wrote:and miss out on the potential for profit Draz? seriously, Marvel can be rather Ferengi-like in trying to get us fans to part with hard earned cash....
There is limited potential for profit in a character so obsessively religious that he has no room to grow. They might bring him back evil or just reset him to an earlier characterization but bringing him back just as he was when he died would be so dumb in terms of potential profits that I refuse to believe it's possible. They killed him because they couldn't go on wasting panels on him skulking around in a chapel and annoying the other characters with his preaching. I imagine it's bothersome to the writers to keep hearing "hey, great story, but it's been three issues since the last time so you gotta shoe-horn in an irrelevant appearance from fan favorite Nightcrawler". And the thought of all the panels it would take to write him out of this corner "properly"... it makes my stomach churn and I'd only be reading it!

That's why I would have killed him and banned his "true" return, anyway, if it were my profits on the line. :beer
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

You can't blame a character for being written by writers under an editorial thumb who have no grasp on how to write religious characters as well-rounded people, or who are so hostile or apathetic to religion they can't write religious characters without relying on tired stereotypes- and who don't pay attention to exactly why such a character is a fan favorite.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

To be fair, didn't Kurt's increasing religious tendencies begin under Claremont in a story that was originally meant to pull a U-turn on that very aspect but never got to meet its intended end because CC was taken off the relevant title? Later writers may have run further in that direction than was healthy for the character and landed him in a rut, but the story thread began with a writer who knew him well. I'm not so certain editorial cared all that much one way or the other about where Kurt was headed with any writer who could be bothered to feature him after that, and Fraction certainly didn't seem remotely interested in giving him any kind of panel time beyond the random chapel appearance or stab in the chest (Foreshadowing much?).

Of course, the possibility must be considered that those writers may have been writing him as a reflection of a specific reality. Speaking from my own experience, I know some people whose entire lives revolve around religion. A significant number of them are Catholic, and almost all of them are Christian. They often sound like they're reading from a script, and they'll drag religion into any discussion. They behave like 1-dimentional characters. :shrug

That's neither here nor there with Kurt dead now, is it? I think there's good story potential with AoA Kurt in the mix. At his core, he's the same good guy as his 616 counterpart. He's just been shaped by his surroundings into a man much more willing to use lethal force because that's what was necessary in his world. AoA wasn't even meant to be a different world. That Kurt was designed to be who 616 Kurt would have become under different circumstances. Hopefully, any writer touching on the subject won't drop the ball.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Good post and I agree. It needs some good writing, but if they can bring back a version of the character who is fun-loving, ballsy and spiritual by the AOA route I'm all for it. Rejecting a comic that has not been published yet out-right seems a bit silly.
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

a) I was talking about missing out on profit by keeping him dead Draz...

b) well there's going to be story potential for :aoa I'll grant you, I can see one now:

:rachel :cerise - Hi everyone we're back from space.... Kurt!!! We heard you were dead! We're so glad to see you!!

*collective Glomp*

:aoa - whoa! well hell-lo ladies! :love (thought: well at least my alternate and I had one thing in common...)

:rachel - y'know i *am* a telepath...

:aoa - so?

*insert one phoenix effect*

:aoa - eep...