No nightcrawler in xmen 3

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
fuzzydude
Lubber
Lubber

Post by fuzzydude »

No NC? Excuse me while I go have a word with the movie execs. The horseman's word. :evil Anyone have an anvil I can borrow?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own

Adam Savage

Mythbusters
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Would a mallet do?
Originally posted by Maelstrom
Instead of riding the crest of their success, they're hacking everything that made the first two movies work into pieces. What they'll be left with won't sell. They are jettisoning a proven money making cast, crew, director, and formula.
How appropriate! *COUGH*Nightcrawlerseries*COUGH*
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Yeah, I know: I shouldn't be too surprised. Now that Marvel's "retirement" of Kurt seems imminent, the slow-creeping idiocy of X3 post-production and Kurt's inexplicable removal from the movieverse makes all too much sense.... :rolleyes
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Wait.......James Marsden is out too?? So that's two popular (ish) characters that we won't be seeing in the third movie with no apparent reason?? How is this gonna work??

:logan Hey, were'd Kurt go?
:prof Oh, you didn't hear? He and scott have taken off to go fishing. yes....fishing...did you hear we have a new mutant whore who's a world class tennis player? Focus on her....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
fuzzydude
Lubber
Lubber

Post by fuzzydude »

Here's what should happen:

Idiot movie exec one: The Nightcrawler fans want our skins!

Idiot movie exec two: What? We cut out Nightcrawler and you didn't tell me? :?

Idiot movie exec three :doh! I knew I forgot something. Quick, let's go get Nightcrawler back and beg their forgivness.

:bamf Nightcrawler: Did somebody call?

Rabid Nightcrawler fans: Yay! Yay! :D
I reject your reality, and substitute my own

Adam Savage

Mythbusters
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
Wait.......James Marsden is out too?? So that's two popular (ish) characters that we won't be seeing in the third movie with no apparent reason?? How is this gonna work??

:logan Hey, were'd Kurt go?
:prof Oh, you didn't hear? He and scott have taken off to go fishing. yes....fishing...did you hear we have a new mutant whore who's a world class tennis player? Focus on her....
yeah James Marsden had a part in Singer's Superman, so the X-Men people fired him.... :rolleyes

oh, and LMAO!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

An echo of the LMAO! And I can just see the movie execs putting some script in like that too, judging by their intelligence thus far. ;)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by Bamfette

yeah James Marsden had a part in Singer's Superman, so the X-Men people fired him.... :rolleyes

oh, and LMAO!
He's been signed on along with Halle Berry. Not sure how big of a part considering that [spoiler] he maybe killed by Phoenix according to the script writer and the "script draft" that is floating out there. Three mutants are suposed to die in this movie. Will Scott be one of them? It seems like much of this "first draft" is coming to the big screen according to an interview - see Wizard #167 question #4. Sad. Very sad. :shakeno
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

has he? last i heard was the whole Superman fallout.... if he had a choice between Superman and this, i think Superman would be the smarter choice, though. I don't like seeing rolls recast, but from his perspective, as an actor....
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I think if he dies, it'll give Storm a chance to show her leadership skills... and fly
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

This is Brett Ratner's fault, isn't it? *hunts down with a viciously sharp x-men 2 DVD*. :yell
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
-_-_Nightcrawler_-_-
Lubber
Lubber

Post by -_-_Nightcrawler_-_- »

:? Stupid question - being that I havent been to Alan's site yet, does it actually say on there why ( as in the exact reason ) why he was not asked back?
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I think his option to be in another movie was just never picked up..:doh!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Indeed; it seems that the movie executives simply were not interested in having him in X3. It's a shame, but there you go.
Sandy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Sandy »

*sniffle*

I come back after loooong months without Nightscrawlers (I had already given up on the poor forum :o ) and am happy to see it back for about five seconds...then I find this thread......ARGH. So I'll combine a quick "hey, it's me, the strange German linguist gal, anyone remember me?" with a not-so-quick "Whiiiiine! Whimper!"
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

you bumbed back an old thread. :E
but.
s**t happens (meaning the nightcrawler not in the movie)
allthought it is rumoured that Nightcrawler will be there as cgi. :)
Sandy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Sandy »

I know it's old, but not THAT old.....and the facts still stand. I don't care much for a cameo...:(
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Better than nothing. Perhaps he's sending in a message from some awesome mission and doesn't have time to stick around. We hope wehopewehopewehope. (Pardon me. I'm still on a post-Narnian high.)
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja Angelique
Better than nothing. Perhaps he's sending in a message from some awesome mission and doesn't have time to stick around.
Or then he has failed an mission and informs the others with hes last breath. That way they could keep him out of the 4th one too. If there is 4th one.
Yeap just kidding. :lick
Alkuperäinen postittaja Sandy
I know it's old, but not THAT old..
Last post was posted two months ago.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Considering she had something to add to the thread, and she was not around for the original discussion it's no big deal that she's resurrected the thread.

And basically, whether it is a problem or not is really the moderators call....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

I've been told that there's an X3 game in the works. But rather than covering what happens in the movie, It covers between X2 and X3. The playable characters are supposedly Wolverine, Iceman, and Nightcrawler, and it explains where Kurt is during the movie.

I've got to hunt down a more solid source than heresay, though.
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

Originally posted by Nightcrawler ZERO
I've been told that there's an X3 game in the works. But rather than covering what happens in the movie, It covers between X2 and X3. The playable characters are supposedly Wolverine, Iceman, and Nightcrawler, and it explains where Kurt is during the movie.

I've got to hunt down a more solid source than heresay, though.
Ho-Hum!! The movie won't be worth it without Kurt adding some personality to it! I mean, face it, nobody but nobody has the charm the fuzzy elf has! I will have to watch out for the game! Thanks, friend!

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

xmenfilms.net is talking about the game. Other tidbits:

*Iceman doesn't Ice up, but does Ice Slide
*Plot by Zak Penn and Chris Claremont
*Lady Deathstrike returns
*Sentinels and Mastermold featured
*Plot stretches from Oval Office (X2) to the opening scene of X3
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Hmmm…the GAME might be interesting…but the movie? I’m so disinterested that I haven’t even looked at the trailer…mainly because from what I’ve heard, they’re basically going with my least favourite X-Team….the Astonishing team (I love Joss’ work…but I HATE his team). Think about it…if the Emma Frost rumour is true (:yell ), every single member of that team will make an appearance. The X-Men team appears to have only two members appearing…and my personal favourite…the Uncanny team? Not a single damn one of them (Storm doesn’t count…she’s no longer on the team)! Is just so miserably unfair! :bawl
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

I feel exactly the same, Nandy. :(
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue