Recent Downtime

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Rogue PHP Script

Recent Downtime

Post by Technical Administrator »

I'd like to apologise on behalf of the Nightscrawlers team for the recent downtime preventing use of the Nightscrawlers forum and chat.

This downtime was a side affect of an attempted server move. Our server, which was in our host's Texas datacenter, had some minor technical issues and routine disruptions such as hourly tasks that disrupted Chat. In order to have better quality of service for our guests, it was requested that Nightscrawlers be moved to the datacenter in Dublin, Ireland.

As part of this process, our account on the old server was disabled when the account on the new server was activated. Unfortunately, due to circumstances outside our control, the information for nightscrawlers.com was not changed to point to the new account, therefore everyone had a pleasant "Account has been suspended" message to ponder while this was being fixed.

In the meantime, we were able to contact some friends who knew friends (by this we of course mean Karl-XMB :)), who were able to contact Aventurehost and confirm that this was the problem. In the meantime, a redirect has been established and business is continuing as normal for a while.

Edit: It seems that as a side affect of this move, recent posts (about three days' worth), may have been lost, or may not be displayed while we have this temporary solution. Please be patient with us while we deal with the side affects of this move.

Once again, we apologise for this inconvenience and any more inconveniences that may occur in our effort to enhance the quality of service you enjoy here at Nightscrawlers.

Thank you,
-Technical Administrator
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Recent Downtime

Post by Saint Kurt »

Thanks Northstar -

I was away all day and other than confirming with Richard from our host that we were indeed "stuck between servers" this morning, I wasn't able to do much more than wait until Monday to do something about it.

We owe Karl so many favors at this point it's getting to where I'm going to need to fly to Britain and present him with my first born or something. :)

Hopefully we will have this solved in a day or two.

Thanks for your patience
-e
Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Rogue PHP Script

Recent Downtime

Post by Technical Administrator »

I have today confirmed that C has switched over the nameservers after being MIA; therefore, the move is completed. No further posts will be lost, but we do not have a backup for the three days' worth of posts that were lost. We apologise for the inconvenience; hopefully there will be no more problems.

Thank you,

-Northstar
Technical Administrator
Karl-XMB
Lubber
Lubber

Recent Downtime

Post by Karl-XMB »

No worries, myself and Northstar had some good discussions for ways to prevent this happening again so it`s just good to see the place back open again. :)
Karl.
XMB Assistant Support Manager
XMB Administrator
http://www.xmbforum.com
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Recent Downtime

Post by Saint Kurt »

Cool. I actually found out that the nameservers had been switched over during the last five minutes of my lunch break at work, but there wasn't much I could do in that time.

Thanks for turning the board back on.

Farewell Ashley!

-e
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Recent Downtime

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Thank you SO MUCH guys for all of your hard work once again - it is lovely to see scrawlers back up and running.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Karl-XMB
Lubber
Lubber

Recent Downtime

Post by Karl-XMB »

Originally posted by Saint Kurt
Cool. I actually found out that the nameservers had been switched over during the last five minutes of my lunch break at work, but there wasn't much I could do in that time.

Thanks for turning the board back on.

Farewell Ashley!

-e
So does this mean you aren`t flying to Britain to present me with your first born or something. :D
Karl.
XMB Administrator
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Recent Downtime

Post by Saint Kurt »

First you have to decide whether you want a "first born" or a "something". Then I'll figure out the travel arrangements. One of them may take some time.

;)

Cheeky!

-e
Karl-XMB
Lubber
Lubber

Recent Downtime

Post by Karl-XMB »

Please may I have a Dell Dimnesion laptop.........and non of that celeron crap. You may deliver in person or send it via courier.

:warren
Karl.
XMB Administrator
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Recent Downtime

Post by Saint Kurt »

As soon as I figure out how to procreate a laptop - I will certainly want to deliver it personally. (And I would never procreate anything without a decent floating point processor of course!)

-e
Karl-XMB
Lubber
Lubber

Recent Downtime

Post by Karl-XMB »

An implant should do it, but I`m worried about the delivery. :D
Karl.
XMB Administrator