Movies To See for Fall-Winter 2011!

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I love getting feedback on upcoming movies. I'm a huge movie buff and one thing I will never get tired of talking about is hype for movies.

But I like showing people upcoming movies they may not have been aware of as well. So! Here is a great place to throw down some links to movies you're excited about!

I use the apple site, so if you're not a QuicktimeFan, just know that you can copy/paste the title and find it on Youtube. Nothing I put up is exclusive to Apple.com/trailers

The Hunger Games -- My only beef with this movie thus far is it's being pushed (really hard) as the next Twilight, more-or-less. They're looking for the same crowd they got from those films/books, and I don't think those people are going to be there. But we'll see.

The Ides of March - Ryan Gosling? George Clooney? Phillip Seymour Hoffman? Evan Rachel Wood? Marissa Tomei? Jeffrey Wright? Paul Giamatti? How can I not see this movie?

A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas - Weed jokes & baby Jesus jokes? In. Done. Be there.

Footloose - A remake of an 80's classic that is an awesome, fantastic movie, but is admittedly very dated. Hopefully we can get a breath of fresh air into some decent 80's remakes and no more 80's parodies. ("Take Me Home Tonight"/"Hot Tub Time Machine"). Someone told me "It hasn't been that long!" and I was like "I'm 25! That movie is older than me! It's been plenty long enough!" :dance

BlackThorn -- Believe it or not... this is a sequel to Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid ... and believe it or not... it actually looks phenomenal[/url]. Sam Shepard? O yeah.

50/50 - I love a comedy that makes you cry a little as well, and Seth Rogen is a funny guy, but he's not the kind of dude who can make me tear up. Joseph Gordon-Levitt however... Hmm...

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - Yes, I'm only putting this up 'cause we're Marvel fans, no I don't expect anyone to be really excited for this. I'll admit, I'm seeing it for one reason and one reason only. To laugh at Nic.

The Muppets .... Need I say more? Also check out: Green With Envy

Hooray movies!

[Edited on 30/8/11 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Ult_Sm86 wrote: Footloose - A remake of an 80's classic that is an awesome, fantastic movie, but is admittedly very dated. Hopefully we can get a breath of fresh air into some decent 80's remakes and no more 80's parodies. ("Take Me Home Tonight"/"Hot Tub Time Machine"). Someone told me "It hasn't been that long!" and I was like "I'm 25! That movie is older than me! It's been plenty long enough!" :dance
Burn it with fire.

WHY are we so hung up on 80s remakes? Is there really no creativity in Hollywood anymore? Footloose was fine as is. I do not get this.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

I'm looking forward to The Hunger Games, not least because of Jennifer Lawrence, who I found to be fantastic in First Class.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Starfish wrote:I'm looking forward to The Hunger Games, not least because of Jennifer Lawrence, who I found to be fantastic in First Class.
I'm really curious about Hunger Games. I don't know much about it, but what I do seems really cool.

I'm really interested in Apollo 18 as well. I really love isolation horror/thrillers - I just saw Frozen which was spectacular - and this one looks great. And, of course, I cannot WAIT for Shark Night 3D. It looks just as fabulous as last year's Pirhanna in 3D which was the best movie of the summer last year by a whole lot. I'm not even kidding.

And I'm aware that it was a remake. But it was awesome :P
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Starfish »

Oh yes, Shark Night 3D... now if all the Scrawlers lived closer together, we would have to make a movie night out of that one. XD

And I totally forgot about Apollo 18! I remember the trailer and that I was intrigued by it.
Kieron Gillen
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Starfish wrote:Oh yes, Shark Night 3D... now if all the Scrawlers lived closer together, we would have to make a movie night out of that one. XD
That didn't stop us in the past ;). Seriously, the X3 Scrawler trip to DC ruled.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Lets see, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy should be a good one for me I'd think. As will Coriolanus.

We Need to Talk About Kevin I'm not expecting it to be popular but I've got to see it.

Immortals Mildly interested though I think it's more of a summer movie, really.

Melancholia Will. Be Seeing.

Pete Smalls is Dead It should be amusing I'm thinking.

Burke and Hare It's a comedy about the graverobbers. Most of you all know me well enough I was going to see this.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I've heard amazing things about Attack the Block as well. I know that's already out, but I want to see it. I know very little about it, other than it's supposedly amazing.

Though I get all my movie news from The Young Turks. Because they are frikken amazing.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Oh wow, Burke and Hare is only just coming out there? Attack of the Block as well? Beeeehind!

Seriously though I've not been following movie releases that much recently as I don't have the cash. Like, I only just got to see Harry Potter today.

Also, remakes, seriously, what is it with that? Why not just clean up the originals for a shiny re-release on DVD.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Starfish »

Sometimes I get the feeling that approximately 9 out of 10 movies released are either a remake, a reboot, a sequel, or some kind of adaption.
Kieron Gillen
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

littlebamf wrote:
Also, remakes, seriously, what is it with that? Why not just clean up the originals for a shiny re-release on DVD.
Don't worry they're doing that too! :P
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

Am I the only one that really likes Nicolas Cage? >.>
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

I'm afraid so.
Well, I have nothing against Nicholas Cage other than The Wicker Man but he's...the same in pretty much everything he does it seems. It's like he's Jennifer Aniston with boy bits as far as range goes.

[Edited on 31/8/11 by Ferguson]
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Pretty much. Cage has delivered a few good turns and he's enjoyable in films such as Kick Ass, but in terms of depth and range as an actor, he's sadly stuck in a small range, which is probably why he's typecast all the time. Sad, but it pays the bills I guess.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

littlebamf wrote:
Also, remakes, seriously, what is it with that?
Does anyone else remember the original "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark"?

(I'm so old.)-_-
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

We were talking about that last night Jeremus when we were getting out of the movie.

WHICH BW --

That movie was fucking terrifying. My girlfriend made me sleep over (being we both have no power) and lemme tell ya... scaring a girlfriend like that... (making the whispery voices and pitter-patter foot steps) ... she'll kick you guys, so watch out.

She'll kick you where it hurts most.

Anyone else excited about the 3-D rerelease of THE LION KING
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

littlebamf wrote:Pretty much. Cage has delivered a few good turns and he's enjoyable in films such as Kick Ass, but in terms of depth and range as an actor, he's sadly stuck in a small range, which is probably why he's typecast all the time. Sad, but it pays the bills I guess.
I'm no Cage fan, but have you seen Adaptation? He was FAB in that. I agree he was great in Kick Ass as well. You know, he seems to excel when he's the dorky loser guy, over the hard lined action hero. Not to say Big Daddy isn't an action hero, but he was mostly a big dork ;)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I am of the mind Cage's best work was in "Raising Arizona" and some of his more early dramas. "Aaptation" was phenomenal though.

He wasn't bad in "Kick-Ass"... it just felt like it lacked authenticity.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

Okay, I am a giant del Toro fangirl so Don't Be Afraid of the Dark is going to be an absolute necessity for me even if it is a remake...but oi, horror movie remakes, how many can we have?