"First Class" movie

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

"First Class" movie

Post by Ferguson »

WTF Russian indeed, he was awesome enough I readily forgave that though and hope maybe it will be another extended scene.

January Jones was pretty much the only thing that was an utter disappointment with that film. I mean, sure, she pulled off the look...and that was it. I shouldn't be watching Emma's main scene and only be thinking 'that is a wonderful hat. I wonder if I could pull that off'.

Fassbender...how utterly awesome is he? Not even Beak Babies could have distracted me there.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

"First Class" movie

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Ferguson wrote:WTF Russian indeed, he was awesome enough I readily forgave that though and hope maybe it will be another extended scene.

January Jones was pretty much the only thing that was an utter disappointment with that film. I mean, sure, she pulled off the look...and that was it. I shouldn't be watching Emma's main scene and only be thinking 'that is a wonderful hat. I wonder if I could pull that off'.

Fassbender...how utterly awesome is he? Not even Beak Babies could have distracted me there.
Ugh, I screwed up my last post. Just fixed it! Sorry for the confusion :blend

I hope there's an Azazel extended scene too. I'd love to see a bit more. I read a funny interview with Jason Flemyng about how he was asked to do this movie right after finishing Clash of the Titans and he was like "I will do it, but I do NOT want another makeup heavy role right now" and Vaughn assured him it wouldn't be. And on the first day of the production, he was like "WTF I'm RED? FML." A little aside.

JJ was so bad. She should have spent the entire movie getting Shaw ice because that was the best thing she did. And Fassbender....I agree. Surround him with Angel Beak babies and I wouldn't notice either.

I also want to mention my love for big pimpin alcoholic Xavier.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Post by Ferguson »

Charles Xavier, beer bonging frat boy, is fantastic and will be how I always imagine the character's early years was for now on. Of course, I also have high levels of love for James McAvoy right along with Fassbender so I don't think there was a way this movie could have failed for me.

Oh yes, there needs to be a random extended scene of Azazel and Riptide, just hanging about being randomly foreign bros. I can just imagine the makeup though...well, lat least he still did it, yeah?

And imagine Emma off shot for that picture getting ice.

[Edited on 30/8/11 by Ferguson]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

"First Class" movie

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm very much convinced that the characters who appeared in this movie are going to start showing face in the comics.

I hated :azazel but mostly 'cause I hated who introduced him. (Chuck! :bite:hypno:yech ) but I have a feeling if a really talented X-Writer gets some time to mold a decent character out of him, we might have a very intriguing antagonist.

Did anyone catch any comic-book versions of this movie? Were there nods or references to other characters as there were for the X-3/X-2 books (specifically the one Chuck Austen did for Nightcrawler when X-2 Came out! REMEMBER THAT?)
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Ferguson wrote:Charles Xavier, beer bonging frat boy, is fantastic and will be how I always imagine the character's early years was for now on. Of course, I also have high levels of love for James McAvoy right along with Fassbender so I don't think there was a way this movie could have failed for me.

Oh yes, there needs to be a random extended scene of Azazel and Riptide, just hanging about being randomly foreign bros. I can just imagine the makeup though...well, lat least he still did it, yeah?

And imagine Emma off shot for that picture getting ice.

[Edited on 30/8/11 by Ferguson]
HA! That is incredible. I can imagine Azazel and Riptide just being like "Yeah, so...what's it like being red?" "It's red. What's it like being pretty?" Bam. Deleted scene. There you go, kids, buy the directors cut!

PS, as far as photoshop/art crap, this made me laugh so damn hard:

(credit: http://squee4starscream.deviantart.com/)

And then there's this one: And so Nightcrawler was never born
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Post by Ferguson »

Well, Havok is supposed to turn up, yeah? I think they're just a bit too late to catch any of the actual momentum from the movie. It's just not quite timely anymore.

And both of those comics are really and truly awesome, especially the linked one. Competely forgot to source mine, it's from Texts from Xavier Academy ( http://textsfromxavieracademy.tumblr.com/ ) which is an amusing delight.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It might not be timely but if they're timing it with the DVD release, it could be.

And ROFLCOPTER that comic is hilarious Nacht. :clap
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

"First Class" movie

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Well, Havok is supposed to turn up, yeah? I think they're just a bit too late to catch any of the actual momentum from the movie. It's just not quite timely anymore.
He's just popped back up in X-men Legacy, along with Rachel, Lorna... and I guess I can count Korvus as a character. :yech There's an upcoming X-factor cover with him on it as well.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

So, what would you like to see in a sequel? Obviously, I'd like to see Mystique and Azazel together - what other reason was there to have him in the movie? He clearly wasn't chosen for his massive fan base or the incredible story he was introduced in. But I do think this could be a really interesting story. Right now there is absolutely NO reason Mystique would show any interest in him, so what changes? How do they end up bumping uglies?

Other than that, I'd love to see who they next introduce. Avalanche? Polaris? Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch? Or taking a step back, Magda? That would make me happy. Even a passing mention of Magda.

I've heard different theories, that Magneto is the cause of the Kennedy assassination, that the next movie will be Vietnam era, but I wanna know what YOU wanna see.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Post by Ferguson »

I could see both of those senarios working but I'm not sure which I'd actually like to see. The Kennedy assassination would definitely be interesting and would probably be the more original of the two but I can see the Vietnam era being an easier way to launch any characters they did introduce into the storyline but considering what was done with Weapon X in the other series it might just feel a bit too over-done.

As for characters to be introduced I'd like them to sort of keep using a lot of charcters non-comic fans would not necessarily have figured out. Fan favourites are great and all but the more you use them the more you divide the fan-based audience with 'oh no, not him again' and 'they totally didn't do her right, why bother watching the next' sort of thinking.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I want to see Xavier start to actually form his school. I would like to see Alex get in a fight with his (now little?) brother Scott and maybe ditch for the Brotherhood. It would be really fun to see the original team formed and just make the hard choice and pretend the other 3 didn't happen.

A new younger Bobby, Angel, maybe bring in some other current line-up characters as old-school students. People who mesh well. Forge? I'd love to see him in the 1970's doing his thing. Storm, but younger. I'd like to see them actually bring Storm to the school and maybe Magneto expects her to stand by his side as well and there can be a bit of an OK Corral sorta thing. (But with lazers/claws/etc... instead of six shooters :toothy ).

Also, I'd like to see Emma fade out to form her own school and then revisit her school in a 3rd sequel.
Indigo_Lady
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

"First Class" movie

Post by Indigo_Lady »

Lorna would be an interesting add, especially if she comes out on daddy's side first then switches allegiances. Sage would be cool, and since the British connection to American entertainment is on the rise, I wouldn't be surprised if Betsy wasn't included in one of the next sequels if they do any more movies.

A different antagonist, like the Shadow King, might be a fun twist. I just hope they don't ever do anything with Arcade. It would be too much like the older Batman movies.
Always a Queen of Narnia

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds. G.K. Chesterton

Favorite X-Men: :engarde :storm :colossus :nocturne :gambit :rogue :hank :psylocke
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

If they were to do Arcade I would hope they would go borderline "Saw" with it. Games of death not jsut pure camp.

But you know who I realized would also be fun? Armor. That'd be an interesting power seen on the big screen.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Indigo_Lady wrote:Lorna would be an interesting add, especially if she comes out on daddy's side first then switches allegiances. Sage would be cool, and since the British connection to American entertainment is on the rise, I wouldn't be surprised if Betsy wasn't included in one of the next sequels if they do any more movies.

A different antagonist, like the Shadow King, might be a fun twist. I just hope they don't ever do anything with Arcade. It would be too much like the older Batman movies.
I'd be interested in seeing Shadow King. I think if done right, Arcade could be an interesting adversary. The hokey stuff clearly will never translate to film in a way that will attract viewers, but if you take it to it's core, Arcade is a sociopathic lunatic who likes to screw with people in a very dangerous way. To his own amusement. A lot can be done with this!
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

"First Class" movie

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I love arcade! But I agree that it would not put butts in seats... I would so watch that though. The movie would be for a niche audience and not worth making for a production comp...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I bet they could incorporate a run in with Avengers if Marvel Studios had made the movie and not 20th Century Fox. At the very least a brief clash with Tony or Cap.

I feel characters like Chamber, Colossus, Wolfsbane, Polaris, Northstar, Stacy X, Tigra, M, Surge, and Armor are all characters that can be adapted into a film very well.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

"First Class" movie

Post by Slarti »

I've been staying out of here because I haven't seen the movie yet. :bawl Sigh, babies. They do be time-consuming.

However! <3 that comic. :*D

Gonna buy this sucker as soon as it's out on DVD.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Slarti wrote:I've been staying out of here because I haven't seen the movie yet. :bawl Sigh, babies. They do be time-consuming.

However! <3 that comic. :*D

Gonna buy this sucker as soon as it's out on DVD.
Wow, baby kept you from seeing Xmen? I'm never having a baby!

Seriously though, its the best of ALL the Xmen movies. Better even than X2. It was so perfect, and it didn't try to live up to anything else. It just was, and that was glorious. Make sure to get it on the 9th!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

The movie hits DVD-shelves soon, right?
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

"First Class" movie

Post by HoodedMan »

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the best scene in the whole freaking movie yet!

Image Image

And if you want to laugh until you cry again, check this out. I had to leave my desk at work because I was afraid I was going to explode from holding in the laughter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GxATli1wek
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Post by Ferguson »

...that is fantastic. And now I'm going to have that stuck in my head for the rest of the day as well.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I have shared this with everyone in mere minutes.

Thank you.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

That is inspired! I am sharing that immediately.

This is one of my fav youtubes to come out of XFC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8JjKTcpfj8

And I loved the cameos in this movie. Wolverine and older-Mystique were fantastic.

EDITED TO ADD: They made a full music video! Featuring Banshee, Wolverine, Mystique, Gambit, Jubilee, etcetctec http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faOf0qSI1us

[Edited on 1/9/11 by NachtcGleiskette]
Indigo_Lady
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

"First Class" movie

Post by Indigo_Lady »

OMG, that video is both hilarious and awesome at the same time. Thanks so much, although the background music will be stuck in my head the rest of the day. :P

I never did get a chance to see this movie in the theater, but I'm definitely picking up the DVD.
Always a Queen of Narnia

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds. G.K. Chesterton

Favorite X-Men: :engarde :storm :colossus :nocturne :gambit :rogue :hank :psylocke
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

This is a fun watch: http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/09/06/th ... irst-class

I agree, the timeline makes no sense compared to the other movies. But then, I like to think of this as a reboot rather than prequel. And I take issue with a few of the points:

1. Xavier in a wheelchair in 62, then walking in other movies - This is a precedent set by the comics. I'm sure it's not what any of the film makes intended, but he's in and out of that chair like an American businessman in a Thai prostitute.

2. Xavier and Magneto's relationship - see 1

3. Wolverine knowing and not knowing - Well, this is explained by Wolverine Origins and that stupid as hell adamantium bullet.

Anyway, the rest is fun. Though I don't care, like I said. I'm happy First Class was such a damn good movie.