News: X3 will be the last XMen movie

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

So it appears that this is "The Last Stand" and by last they really mean last.

It was kind of by accident, but I clicked a link and ended up at Mtv News where I read the news.

After this the Wolverine movies, I mean the spinoffs, start.

-e
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Just wonder what Rattner's idea of "going out with a bang" will end up like. :shame:
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Dumb question: I keep reading posts by people who say they won't be watching the third movie. And I was just wondering why people though it was going to be bad before anyone's seen it yet.

(I'm plannign on going (when it comes out) because it will be the first (only?) X movie I'll see in theaters!)
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I plan to see it......I mean, there are alot of reasons to believe itll be bad, but none of them are solid enough to completely disuade me. We have only recently been given the trailer, and from that, it looks pretty cool. I think expecting the movie to in any way live up to the books is a bit much, considering the books had a whole lot more time and space to work themselves out...

It may not be a great X story, but I'm sure it'll be a fun movie.....and i am really excited about some of the additions; Beast, Shadowcat, Angel..and Im excited to see more Colossus!!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Singe »

I'll see it. My major is watching bad movies and being angry at them. Although usually they like us being angry for subtextual reasons, being outright bad is allowed as well. It's amazing- in a mere three years I've turned from being excited cause it'll be really good to being excited cause it'll be really bad. I don't think I've ever had that happen before!

We even made a support group community on livejournal for it. :D
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Oh, I plan on seeing it. My expectations just aren't quite as high this time around.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by chicory
Dumb question: I keep reading posts by people who say they won't be watching the third movie. And I was just wondering why people though it was going to be bad before anyone's seen it yet.
I haven't been following the news on this at all, but looking at those sample pictures, especially the ones with Angel, I think it's going be terrible. That's why I think it's going to be bad.

And the interview that goes with it does not help the case for good one tiny bit. That guy doesn't seem to know what he's doing.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

I don't believe it will be the last X movie. I can't for the life of me accept that Fox would turn down X-4 if X-3 movie did so well.

Perhaps Singer could get them to do another X-Men movie with him at the helm. We still haven't seen Bishop or Gambit yet. There will be so many things left up in the air.

Nope. I say there will be more. ;)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by chicory

(I'm plannign on going (when it comes out) because it will be the first (only?) X movie I'll see in theaters!)
I don't intend to see it, but not because I think it's going to be bad. I'm not going to see it because, from all that's been revealed about it, there's nothing in it that inspires me to do so. From its focus on Wolverine and Storm (neither a favourite of mine), its use of sentinels and the mutant 'cure' thing (plot devices I've never cared for), Phoenix (which I personal feel has been done to death), heaps of needless major characters deaths (WTF?) and Nighty getting the boot...Hank's the only thing in there I even like...but not enough to spend $15 on. I'll watch it when it hits Showtime and (maybe) buy the DVD when it hits the bargin bins...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Did you catch the line on "if you are a fan and have nothing to do...."

Oh-ho - that will really have the masses crying out for his blood now.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

I'm definitely going to see it. Even without Kurt, it's bound to be epic.
And as for the last movie...well they're going to make spin-offs so it sounds like they'll probably incorporate most characters into those...the X franchise still has life!!!
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featu ... hp?id=4070

Lauren Shuler Donner, the producer of all three of the movies says she's hoping for more X-Men movies, so there could always be some hope.. she never said "This is the end, it was good while it lasted", so there could be more than just spin-offs:D:bamf
darkangel
Lubber
Lubber

Post by darkangel »

they will be sollo x-men movies .wolverine -2007 and magneto -?:D
nightcrawler rocks!!!
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

We know about the solo movies and there's also an unannounced third spin-off too, but there's a possibility of a fourth movie, which is what I'm hoping for..
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Of course I'm hoping for a Multiple Man movie :) maybe I should get my convincing stick......(grabs bat)
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

an X-Factor movie would be cool.. except for the whole him-being-a-villain thing and all.. I'm hoping for Generation X (CHAMBER!!)
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Zak Penn has confirmed that he will most likely be writing and directing a spinoff, starting in the fall at the earliest. Also, from all accounts, this is definitely not the last X-Men movie, though it will be the last in this particular series of continuity. Ratner may have spoken hastily or MTV put words in his mouth.

There will be no discussion about it until X3 comes out; the success of X3 will be evaluated before it's decided whether or not the spinoffs will follow.

Update: There is an "X-School" spinoff potentially in the works, though I don't know if it's the same one mentioned earlier. It would focus on the school, its students and teachers.

[Edited on 6/5/2006 by HoodedMan]
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Singe »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
Zak Penn has confirmed that he will most likely be writing and directing a spinoff....

[Edited on 6/5/2006 by HoodedMan]
Ah. Ahhhhhhh dear God whyyyy. Baby Jesus, he cries!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Hm? What's wrong with that? From all accounts, it's going to be good and not necessarily Wolverine-centric. I don't think the spinoffs necessarily will be bad; I think they will probably not be developed to potential, but I don't think they're going to be bad.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Singe »

It was more a reflection on Mr. Penn's writing track record itself. They must not be taking this thing too seriously.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Ah. Well, guess I'll have to agree to disagree with you there; in any case, I think you'll find Penn and Kinsberg did a good job on this one.