your Favorite villan and why?

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ronan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ronan »

Ok, this is my first thread, so i decided to pick something that i could never really decide on myself.

It is very simple, just search your memory for all the villans you can think of and choose one as your favorite, whether it be because they put up the most fight, they had a well thought out plan, or just cause they look cool.

This isn't limited to just the marvel x-men villans, so I hope there will be a lot of variety.

My favorite villan would probably have to be (probably generic) Magneto. His power is incredible. He can use it in a variety of ways. He also makes well layed out plans. He is my favorite because of his reasons why he rebels as well.
in order to receive something, you must give something of equal value. This is equivalent trade.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Mr. Sinister = Pure evil
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Mags, absolutely! He is not pure one dimensional evil, who knows he's bad and enjoys it, but a more realistic sort of villain. He is a charismatic idealogue who honestly believes what he's doing is good.

[Edited on 14/7/06 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Percy Peabody from the Amelia Peabody Mystery Series by Elizabeth Peters.

Oh, he's a conniving little weasel right from the get-go when you first met him as a child. And when he got older, there was no limit to the depths of evil this character went. He has no redeeming qualities at all.

He angered me SO much I threw the book across the room. I made myself finish it, though. The next few books came out and talked of him in the past tense. I cheered and danced around my room when he died! It was SO rewarding. To this day, I haven't ever read that particular book again because even though I KNOW he dies, argh! He just pisses me off.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Ronan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ronan »

thats really in depth. I know of a book series villan i hated. It was Rhita Gwar from the lost years of merlin series. I really hated him.

He always found a way to tear at merlin's heart. He corrupted his father, brought his mother within mintutes of death, and nearly killed his sister. Now I am reading the fifth book, and he is sending part of his deathless army to take over the land of Fincarya. He just wants an evil kingdom to rule.
in order to receive something, you must give something of equal value. This is equivalent trade.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Alkuperäinen postittaja Ronan
I know of a book series villan i hated.
Wasnt this thread supposed to be about villains you like?
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

It's a villain you love to hate! I mean, how good is a character that's printed words on a page that makes you throw the book across the room? That's absolutely brilliant!
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, since we're not dealing specifically with X or even Marvel villains, I'd probably say Lord Feverstone in CS Lewis' "That Hideous Strength." He constantly plays both sides against the middle to further his own greed and selfish ambitions, and he can watch carnage unfold all around him as if it were nothing more than a dinner show, casually smoking a cigarette the whole time. He is also funny, and if not exactly agreeable and amicable, at least quite sociable. It is possible to thoroughly enjoy having dinner with him, despite having perfectly justifiable suspicions that he's spiked your drink or is otherwise scheming to have you killed.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

The High Priest aka bloody-bones from The Oaken Throne - That is one hell of a bastard. I'm not going to tell his real name, not wanting to spoil the book.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by JSherlock
Percy Peabody from the Amelia Peabody Mystery Series by Elizabeth Peters.

Oh, he's a conniving little weasel right from the get-go when you first met him as a child. And when he got older, there was no limit to the depths of evil this character went. He has no redeeming qualities at all.

He angered me SO much I threw the book across the room. I made myself finish it, though. The next few books came out and talked of him in the past tense. I cheered and danced around my room when he died! It was SO rewarding. To this day, I haven't ever read that particular book again because even though I KNOW he dies, argh! He just pisses me off.
Ha! I never read that one but I can remember reading books that made me feel like that. I still wish Adrian Mole had died a couple pages into the first book. (I read them all. Argh!) Oh yeah, and LOL at Blindy McDouche. LOL!

I like the slick clever villains who are bad because it's the fastest path to personal gain. Bitches know what they want. *heart* Embarrassingly, I can't remember my favourite villain. He's male, he's witty... who the hell is he? I can't even come up with a medium here. Comics? TV? I know I have one! My mind is going. It will come back to me, eventually. I hope. Maybe I dreamed it.

Other examples are David Xanatos (Gargoyles), Lucifer (Vertigo comic), Emma Frost (X-Men). Magneto kind of fits into this category too. He knows he's right, and any method will do.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

Magnetos great

i also liked Scorpius from farscape, Sephiroth from FF7
(i have this image of him against the fire as hes burning
cloud's home town) & Kefka from FF6, Professor Moriarty
from Sherlock Holmes, Darth Vader
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Ronan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ronan »

Sephiroth is great (in an evil way). The battle on advent children with him and cloud was awesome.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

One villain that really stands out in my mind was Paul Bettany as Bill Cox in "Firewall". He was smart, cold, calculating, and yet still unquestionably human and therefore entirely believable. The hero's son even *likes* him at first.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

If its not only the x-men universe.
Then i would say Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg - Fifth Element.
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Hee Zorg - I saw some

I'd have to say Sinister and Apocaypse and the Sentinels all made an impression on me from the first animated series. They were all so wierd looking and scary.

I like Magneto as a villain who may at times have a point. I especially like him in contrast to Xavier who often appears to show villianous tendencies himself.

Other than that, I don't really read the kind of books that have really good villains in them, I guess. I'll keep thinking :scratch
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Caryin
Lubber
Lubber
Nightscrawlearth Character: Jubilation Lee

Post by Caryin »

I will propably say Magneto, even if he is acting like a complite idiot at the times. I also like Darth Vader (from episodes 4-6). And then there's Gollum, of course, what would world be without him? :D
I refuse to grow up!!!
wsg
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wsg »

hhhmmmmm.....well lets see I think it would be Mystique.
"It's one o'clock bub! Time ta get yer face ripped off!"--Logan
InvisibleWoman
Lubber
Lubber

Post by InvisibleWoman »

Magneto of course:P ! ! ! !
Heather AKA InvisibleWoman:bamf
who says girls only care about our hair and nails... Can you say stereotype? Welcome to the 21st century!
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by thylacine »

I like Darth Vader... but then again, the Cigarette Smoking Man from the X-Files is cool. :)
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by Crocodile Hunter
Mr. Sinister = Pure evil

Normally I would agree full heartedly with this, because it's true and he's my favorite x-men villian...but because it's not limmited to x-men...I choose Snidely Whiplash or Naraku(yu all know how undecided I can be LOL). He's got the evil villian costume down, the awesome annoying voice, the conniving evil ways...he's funny, and he has the ultimate handlebar mustash! You can't ignore the handlebar mustash. Naraku...he's just one evil SOB who's hot...with or without the tentacles.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Leader of The Brotherhood Of Nod from Command And Conquer game series.

Kane

"He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future conquers the past."

[Muokattu 8/9/06 Lähettäjä: Crocodile Hunter]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

That dude looks like he's channeling Anton LaVey.

In terms of villains… I have to agree with Mags and Sinister as tops in the X-verse. I still think my all-time favorite comic book villain is Joker – the funny guy!

I also love Scorpy from Farscape – I like those unpredictable villains that can be charming and psycho all at once. I also tend to like the male villains better, but find the female ones more scary.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I completely agree with you slarti.
Usually the normal bad guy wants to crush the hero/heroin and then rule the world in the end, but when dealing with psychotic villians they can change their minds in a split second, make their end goal not kill the hero/heroine but just annoy the hell out of them, because they're plain nuts.

And a villianness is always more scary, because frankly no-one knows what the hell goes on in a woman's head, and what her end goal would be. And not to mention a psychotic villianess, then we're just entering unmarked territory. Here be monsters.

[Edited on 8/9/06 by steynedvelvet]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I ran across this site this morning on the IMDB message board and just had to share. For the best in male movie villainy….that also happens to be pretty darn hot male movie villainy – Hot Bad Guys dot com! It has some really funny bios of the characters who won the actors their places of *ahem* honor on the list.
wsg
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wsg »

Mine would have to be Magneto. I appreciate the whys and hows of why he wants to wipe out all humanity. He's seen a lot of killing in his past to his people just because of who they were. He doesn't want to see that happen again for his mutant brothers.
"It's one o'clock bub! Time ta get yer face ripped off!"--Logan