X-Men Regenesis

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

X-Men Regenesis is being revealed, little by little.

As the details/teasers come forth, the teams are starting to really impress me.

[[EDIT]]

Sorry gang, the site I got the FB Update from on the phone was confusing. I posted the original teasers. Thank you to Freak/Star for giving me links to the NEW ONES (which were also on the page -- which I think makes no sense to have every single update why not just the latest one? :? )

I thought they were going to LESSEN the amount of X-Books though. What's with all the X-Titles still? They're giving the Bat-Family a run for their money.

[Edited on 6/9/11 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Wahnsinn »

Lessen the number of X-titles? Why ever would they do a sensible thing like that? :P

There'll probably be some reveals on the Gold team today. I'm curious who the girl is on UXF, given that Betsy's on XM. They'll probably end up revealing the obvious Fantomex 'cause they're mean like that. I'm rather hoping Beast is one of the remaining on WatXM. At least one person is in front of Guido on the XF cover; whoever it is will reveal likely reveal who dies, unless that's a feint.

Kenji is the obvious one on GH, but I'm wondering if Idie is hidden in front of him. I rather like her, so I'm hoping she doesn't disappear entirely. I already saw the full UXM cover and know Magneto and Scott are missing.

Unless there are more members not shown (as is the case with UXM), XM has a girl-heavy team. If the remaining silhouette on XM:L is also female, as it looks to be to me, it'll be the same. That's rather unusual but refreshing. :)
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

X-Men Regenesis

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Oh, eff me, Gambit is in a book with Rogue? Boo. What about X23?! Is her book canceled?
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Wahnsinn »

They haven't said anything about the solo books. My guess is those are staying; although, Wolverine: The Best There Is needs to go.

Well, the Gold reveals for the day are out:
UXF - Psylocke :stunned (So, which one isn't who we think she is?)
WatXM - Beast and Quentin Quire
XF - Guido and 3 distinct silhouettes in front of him
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

My comic store owner (not the horse's mouth, but close enough to that area that he's not a total horse's ass) has said that s'far as he's aware, the solos are all staying.

Including the Deadpool titles. -_-

EDIT:

This just in (THANK YOU STAR!)
Team Gold teaser update :

I am starting to wonder if they're putting these out too ast and sort of giving away the end of Schism. (Not that I care about the event -- haven't read it, hear it's total dribble, but I don't like stuff being spoiled for others either.)

[Edited on 7/9/11 by Ult_Sm86]
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

X-Men Regenesis

Post by littlebamf »

I'm excited, yet a bit WTF to see Betsy in both books, seeing as apparently no one was going to be crossing over as far as the Blue/Gold goes. Double agent maybe? Well I'll have to see but right now I'm considering a major overhaul of my pull list. I'm actually considering abandoning Uncanny X-men for the first time in five years.

As for Quire...Eeeh. I liked him back in his day but I'm not so keen on the fact they brought him back.

And fyi, if X-23 gets cancelled I am going to start something cause damn, that is one good book.
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Chaos »

In other news...

Post Related: Venom is the shiiiizzznnniiiittzzz.

This said, I'm loving the line-up! Awesome that Majik is gonna be in the Uncanny outfit, hopefully as a mainstray (personally, not being savvy with the more recent X-ers from 2010, I have no idea what role she's played). Her stand-alones in 'Mystic Arcana'(?) I enjoyed.
"I've met dozens like you. Skipped off home early, minor graft jobs here and there. Spent some time in lock-up too, I'll warrant; but less than you claim. And now you're, what, a petty theif with delusions of standing? Sad little king of a sad little hill..." - River Tam, 'Firefly'

Achievements: ImageImageImage
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Crawler »

So I haven't been reading X-Books, other than Uncanny X-Force. Can I get an explanation on Colossus/Juggernaut there?
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Wahnsinn »

Crawler wrote:So I haven't been reading X-Books, other than Uncanny X-Force. Can I get an explanation on Colossus/Juggernaut there?
Spawning from Fear Itself:
Cain was dubbed one of the Worthy by the Serpent and given a mystical hammer with which to make a mess. He made his way to San Fran 'cause even possessed he knows whom he doesn't like.

While the X-Men are failing miserably at trying to stop him, Illyana's imprisoned self--don't ask me why 'cause I don't read New Mutants--proposes a way to weaken their foe. Scott, being desperate, figures it's worth trying. Illyana transports herself, Kitty, and Piotr to Cyttorak's realm and tattles on Cain. That god is displeased that his avatar is doing the bidding of another god, so he agrees to strip Cain of his power but needs someone to take his place. Illyana acts like she's ready to do it, but Piotr doesn't want his innocent (*snort*) little Snowflake risking her soul and, against Kitty's protestations, becomes the new Juggernaut.
Ult_Sm86 wrote:I am starting to wonder if they're putting these out too ast and sort of giving away the end of Schism. (Not that I care about the event -- haven't read it, hear it's total dribble, but I don't like stuff being spoiled for others either.)
Well, according to Gillen, there are more members of the UXM team than are shown on the teaser. He said there are 3 (4?) missing. It's possible that's the case for some of the other titles as well.

Schism isn't so bad. It's odd in places, but it's setting up the division well. GH #10, a tie-in issue, is excellent. Prelude to Schism, on the other hand, was an insult to all who bought it. I wouldn't be surprised if that's largely the reason why the event isn't selling as well as would be expected.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

But I don't get what the division is here?

So Scott and Logan get angry at eachother, get into a hissyfit, and then Logan stays in what? San Francisco? And Scott goes to Genosha?

And.... they're all still X-Men? That's the biggest division they could get? Is Scott becoming the next Magneto or what? And if he is, why the hell is the Magneto siding with him after his "honest" and "humble" transition to X-Men?
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Wahnsinn »

Thus far, there's more than one thing on which they're disagreeing. Logan got miffed at Scott for scheduling him to teach Hope's crew in combat skills without informing him. Logan wanted to hand Quire over to Steve Rogers or somebody; Scott thought he should be dealt with by his own people on Utopia. Scott told Idie, a 14-year-old newbie, to handle the baddies; Logan wanted her to stay hidden until he arrived to take care of them himself. (That last one is covered from her perspective in GH #10. If you read nothing else from the event, read that. Seriously.) What the final straw will be setting up the full philosophical divide remains to be seen.

IIRC, Logan and those agreeing with him will be heading for the Xavier Institute. Those on Scott's side will remain on Utopia or in San Fran.

EDIT - The last silhouettes on the Blue team have been revealed, in order from left to right: Zero, Domino, Magneto, Cyclops, Magma, and Cypher.

[Edited on 8/9/11 by Wahnsinn]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Image I can safely say right now, I won't be reaqding any of the Team Blue stuff.

Team Gold however; I might be intrigued enough to read every one of those.

And Wahnsinn, I'll pick up the TPB of Schism after all's said and done perhaps. I'm sure the GH part will be in that trade, so I'll keep an eye out. If you remember and see it when it does, feel free to throw the link up in this thread.

I'll forget. I always do. :3

[Edited on 8/9/11 by Ult_Sm86]
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Chaos »

Hang. About.

Why is Juggernaut all 'Colossus-ized'? o.O
"I've met dozens like you. Skipped off home early, minor graft jobs here and there. Spent some time in lock-up too, I'll warrant; but less than you claim. And now you're, what, a petty theif with delusions of standing? Sad little king of a sad little hill..." - River Tam, 'Firefly'

Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Ferguson »

Not a fan of Juglossues, Chaos?

Can't really say as I'm overly surprised by any of the lineups so far.
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Chaos »

No way, he looks epic-tastic! But....I mean, when did that happen? o.o

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Chaos, read up.

Wahnsinn just explained it to Crawler about one post above my initial one. (For today).

Juggolossus.

Colossonaut.

There's a lot of fun ways to spin this one.

[Edited on 8/9/11 by Ult_Sm86]
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

X-Men Regenesis

Post by littlebamf »

I'm pretty torn over the lineups. On one hand I'm more interested in the stories behind the Blue team, what with them staying in San Fran and pulling back from the world, as I want to see how that is going to pan out.

On the other hand, Gold has more of my favourite characters coming up in there and I'm equally happy to see the school rebuilt, as its been far too long since that avenue was taken.

Now when it comes to the X-men lineup on Blue Team, thats a suprise to me as pretty much all of the characters depicted there are closer to Logan than they are to Scott, even though they still do have connections to Cyke. Domino and Jubilee especially are characters I more see as taking the side of Logan, no matter what he's doing, as its Logan.

But...Yeah...I'm going to be dropping Uncanny maybe. I'll probably buy the first issue or two, just because but I'm tired of most of the characters there. Then again tbh barring Bobby and Hank I'm tired of most of the people revealed in Wolverine and the X-men - and whose good idea was it to name that book after a cartoon? All I'm saying is this had better be good.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I really want that to be Bishop in the middle in X-Factor.

And Lil, I think the big "reveal" of "Schism" is the surprise in who lands on what side of the line.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Men Regenesis

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I'm not really excited about any of them other than Uncanny X-Force because I know what to expect there. And it's good. I'll wait for the reviews to decide which ones to check out. The line-ups are all uninspiring to me, but a good writer can do great things with any characters...

... even Rogue and Remy wtf why.

And Hope is urrrrrgh. Maybe she'll grow on me like X-23 did, but with all the time travel and the Summers connection, I don't see it happening. I always liked Wolverine, so X-23 had a good base to grow on with me.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Wahnsinn »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:I can safely say right now, I won't be reaqding any of the Team Blue stuff.
I'm rather bummed Gillen will no longer be on GH. He's been doing some interesting things with those characters, I think, and developing them well. It'll also be a shame if it loses Idie. Given that Emma mind-wiped Shaw, I'm guessing she'll be the one who brings him in to keep an eye on him.

Normally, I don't get NM, but I'm going to pick up the arc where they go after Blink. I'm curious to see what will be happening with the 616 version 'cause I have a soft spot for the AoA version.
And Wahnsinn, I'll pick up the TPB of Schism after all's said and done perhaps. I'm sure the GH part will be in that trade, so I'll keep an eye out. If you remember and see it when it does, feel free to throw the link up in this thread.

I'll forget. I always do. :3
Will do, if I manage to catch it myself. Trades of things I already have often go unnoticed.
I really want that to be Bishop in the middle in X-Factor.
Well, Cable's about to be reborn or return or something, so why not? ;)

[Edited on 9/9/11 by Wahnsinn]
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Regenesis

I'm pretty uninspired by most of these teams. The blue teams are doing nothing for me, and the gold teams are meh. I'll read Uncanny Xforce and probably Wolverine & The Xmen, but the rest look like a bunch of BLAH.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Indigo_Lady
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Indigo_Lady »

I totally agree with Nacht on this one. My exact impression was Meh. This is supposed to reboot the X-franchise? I've already said I wouldn't be picking up Uncanny X-Force even if Kurt is on it. Besides the reasons I've already stated, I can't stand most of the other members of the team. The only two books that interest me at all are Wolverine and the X-men and maybe Legacy.

Adjectiveless should be called X-Women instead. Although Storm is my favorite female X-Man, in the picture she's way in the background, where she will probably stay as mostly wallpaper like she's been since they married her off to that dead weight BP. I hope the rumors on a couple of the other boards are true that she and BP are going to be splitsville. But Ororo and Domino on the same team?

Uninspiring is the word. It looks like they threw all the names of the X-Men into a hat and had the writers draw them at random. :yech
Always a Queen of Narnia

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds. G.K. Chesterton

Favorite X-Men: :engarde :storm :colossus :nocturne :gambit :rogue :hank :psylocke
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

X-Men Regenesis

Post by Crawler »

The last bits of the yellow teams have been revealed:

Bigger

I'm happy to see that the cast of X-Factor seems to have not been torn apart, with just a few additions. It appears that Peter David completely got his way in that regard. I'm going to give W&TXM a chance, simply because I love Bachalo's artwork, and I'll still be reading Uncanny X-Force, even if those four are the entire cast (I seriously doubt they are). I notice that Warren is nowhere to be seen, for example (though he could be DEAD, given the events currently happening in Uncanny X-Force).

I'm also completely disinterested in the blue side of things...except that Psylocke is on both sides and I want to know why.

[Edited on 9-9-2011 by Crawler]
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Men Regenesis

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Also: Lockheed??
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Men Regenesis

The cast of Xfactor is ENORMOUS. Over double almost all the other books. I wonder what the purpose of that is?

Still pretty unimpressed. I'm sticking to exactly what I said before, but changing the 'probably' to 'might.' I might pick up these books.

Now, if NOCTURNE were in any, I'd buy the entire damn line.