Whihc Kurt Do You LIke Best?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!

Total votes: 0

meepdog
Lubber
Lubber

Post by meepdog »

Okay, I was just wondering- which Kurt do you like best? Movieverse, Comicverse, or Evolutionverse? If you answer, then I'd like to hear why. Something tells me htat Comicverse Kurt is going to be the most popular, but still, I just wanna know. ;) I've looked all over htis site, and I haven't yet found a poll like htis one, but if I've overlooked it, then I"m sorry for the redundancy. Please tell me what you think. Thank you! :)
(P.S., my fave's Movieverse!)

[Edited on 12/6/06 by meepdog]
"Guess what? She's dating Chris!" X-MenSG1
"I don't believe it!" meepdog
"She is! It's true!" X-MenSG1
"I find that hard to believe!" meepdog
"I swear by Nightcrawler she's dating Chris." X-MenSG1
"Oh, well then, I HAVE to believe you now!" meepdog
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

I think you just might be right about comicverse winning out - 'specially since the site seems to be dedicated to that version ;)

evoKurt was cute - and I really liked him and what they did with him - but he could also be a little annoying.

movieKurt I thought missed the point of the character - though it was interesting to see a different interpretation - it was also sad that they only considered the most superficial aspects of the character - and wrote accordingly. Though they did let him be a little brave, I guess.

So, I chose comicKurt :) - are you going to vote meepdog?
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
meepdog
Lubber
Lubber

Post by meepdog »

Ja- just did! I felt a little silly, but now the vote's split half-and-half. You're right though, evoKurt WAS a little annoying at times. But I suppose that I had to choose movieKurt because I haven't really read that many comics. Besides, I quite enjoyed Kurt and Ororo's interaction in X2.
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

I really like Ultimate Kurt and how he is developing.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Movie Kurt was ugh, and Evo Kurt was... 16. So it's Comicverse by default.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

The site kind of changes with the times when it comes to "versions" of Kurt that are discussed here.

When XMen:Evolution was on television, people would discuss the latest episode and that version of Kurt was a very hot topic for both discussion, fan art, and fan fiction. And after X2 came out, you would have thought this site's sole existance was to act as some sort of shrine to Alan Cumming's portrayal of Nightcrawler (check out the insane number of X2 images in our gallery). It was actually kind of annoying how much it took over the site sometimes - especially the fan art because people would grab various photos of Alan Cumming, color him blue, and post them by the hundreds.

But Kurt from the comics has always been there even if he has occasionally been pushed to the background. Recently we had the Nightcrawler solo series to talk about which was very cool. We were expecting X3 to create a similar rush of new members like X2 did, but then Nightcrawler wasn't in X3 so it didn't. And back when Chuck Austen was writing, Kurt was very active in Uncanny so even though there was a lot to talk about, he often was overshadowed by discussions about Austen instead.

Right now Nightcrawler isn't a very active character in the X books which is really disappointing. Plus, with all these "events" Marvel keeps doing - it would be nice to see Nightcrawler playing a role there too.

So - I guess you could say the site stays current in it's focus when it comes to Nightcrawler. Right now it's comics and the X3 game. That doesn't mean that people won't discover X2 and come here to talk about it (they do) or XMen:Evolution (they do that too) but it's definitely not the focus at the moment.

-e
Eleri
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Eleri »

I haven't read any of the comics as I can't find any early one's and the recent one's I'm buying don't have much of Nightcrawler in them, the Evolution one was what I mostly watched and based my ideas of what Kurt was like from that, untill I looked him up and learnt there was more to Kurt than what I watched. But my favourite was probbably the movie version I loved that opening scene where he's teleporting adn kicking all that butt! :D And I liked how he was portaryed though perhaps a bit to unhappy with a few things. But that's just me :P
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Comic version is what I like.
You know when I saw the subject name in the nighcrawler thread, I thought it was about which Nightcrawler costume we like the best, now that would be a great poll.

Anyway, to me the Evo kurt was very annoying and the movie kurt only looked good to me, but the moment he had to start saying his lines, I started disliking him. It was just a bit over the top for my taste.
BlueDevil
Lubber
Lubber

Post by BlueDevil »

Ulimate Kurt i think is too James Bond. I liked evoKurt because it was like a younger version and he talked funny. Movie Kurt was the best. They did a awesome job with the tattoos, and tail. You could see like his spinal cord at the arrow tip in a still picture. I loved the BAMF! in the movies. It made it seem like it really did smell like brimestone. And i LOVED his accent. So realistic.
I love my Blue Fuzz Boy!
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

I say AoA Kurt, not crappy AoA Ver 2.0, but 1995 X-Calibre Kurt, bad-ass :aoa
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

What was AoA 2 Kurt like? Or how was he different I should say.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

He didn't really speak much (except for when he tried killing Logan with a knife) and his powers were only used to transport others or whenever else it was convenient (as usual:rolleyes).. I haven't read the originial AoA, but I'm guessing that version was much better than the new one
meepdog
Lubber
Lubber

Post by meepdog »

Gasp! A lot of people have responded since I last checked! YAY! Anyways, I've found all the various reasons pretty interesting (there was an AoA 2?!?) Yeah, so, thanks to all who posted here!
(Dang, comicverse really is the spotlight! Well, Saint Kurt was probably right... It must kinda depend on what X-thingy's running aorund know... Like X-2 was, or Evo :) )
:bamf
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

AoA 95 Kurt was a surly badarse...AoA 05 Kurt was a slightly miffed version of regular Kurt...he didn't even look as cool...compare:

Original version

21st century version...I want to know...what the HELL happened to his tattoo/scar/brand?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

AoA Kurt is the anti/bizarro Nightcrawler to me - and it doesn't sound like he's said much or down much other then kill or maim people. So, why do you all like him? (Really, I'm just curious)

Nandireya> Make-up or he had it removed? Comix artists make mistakes like that all the time (there was this one issue of Excalibur where they forgot to make him blue in one panel).
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Norvegica
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Norvegica »

For me, what makes AoA Kurt interesting is that he is so clearly Mystique's son. And yet, his basic personality qualities shine through. He's loyal: he doesn't let anyone trash talk Mystique, even though she does do unsavory things in AoA. He's more efficient a soldier and less of a swashbuckler, but in his efficiency, he gets dramatic results, which fits his ouvre.

Nightcrawler usually doesn't go for intimidation, the way Wolverine does with his claw-popping. He's more subtle, in fact, he often doesn't like to start fights. In AoA, his method of not starting fights is to show right off the bat that he's dangerous, so no one had better start on him. Like how he teleports off Proudstar's finger. His victim's screaming his head off and Nightcrawler's grinning his grin and surveying the scene. Drama? Oh yeah. He's loving it. And then there's something uniquely Nightcrawler about him saying that "It's rude to point!" just before he grabs the finger and teleports it off.

Hmm. Oh. Another thing to like, I guess, is the fact that though he's more prone to violence than regular Nightcrawler, he's prone to violence with two swords. So there's happy-making there.

Anniversary AoA was a bit disappointing, but I did like the scene where everyone's playing football, he's bamfed at least once with the football and after the dogpile on X-23, he's on the top of the dogpile, clutching the football and going, "First down!". It was cute. And then not a few seconds later, he notices Weapon-X and immediately goes into duty mode by bamfing and pressing a dagger at Weapon-X's throat. It wouldn't have done any good, but he reacted very snappily. It was cool.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

How did i miss this. :shakeno

1. Movie Kurt, Alan was just so cool.
2. Comic Kurt, is teh shit.
3. Evo Kurt, I dont like Evo.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Comic Kurt. Without him we wouldn't have had the others. He set the basics out for all the other designs. I wouldn't have it any other way.
I am a huge Movie crawler fan, but I really have to stick with the originals. And Evo...just no...I could'nt stand his hair... (I have a thing for nice hair *jabs at Sesshoumaru* heh heh*

Keh! AoA KICKS ASS! '95 was the best. As for the missing Tatoo on the new version...ugh!

~EMO
one name: Bruce Campbell
meepdog
Lubber
Lubber

Post by meepdog »

So cool that folks are still debating this... Comicverse wins by default, lol... I dunno, with AoA, both sides of the argument make good points... Still, I like gentle-Kurt... Roman Catholic-Kurt... No swashbuckling Errol Flynn-Kurt in AoA! NOOOOO!!! Y'gotta love Kurt's style outside of AoA!!! ...I rather liked Evo-verse Kurt's hair... Anyways, keep talkin' folks, it's been interesting to hear what y'all have to say! (OMIGAWSH! *y'all*??? *Quickly buries WV hick accent under nearby plant.* *Whistles* No, madam, I did not just say y'all... UH. I'm in a strange mood, m'apologies, and yeah, I've heard all the WV jokes, some of them actually make me laugh. Contrary to what I just said- goofing off, of course- I live in WV and I'm proud of it. We're 49th in just about everything, but at least we're "Wild and Wonderful"... if only we could get rid of that ugly stain called the Ohio River... *shudders* It's brown! Why is it brown?!?)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Nothing wrong with WV, in my opinion. I live in Idaho.

As for my preferences, Comic Kurt, totally. You can't beat the original.

[Edited on 24/10/0606 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Jolinare
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jolinare »

all the kurts have their merits in

in the comics he's alot of fun and well, he gets as many girls chasing after him as he deserves. He also made the recent Alan Davis story arc about...i don't know, action, fighting robots and humungously bosomed villainesses, alot more interesting with the romantic subplot.

alan kurt is blindingly adorable, and really if it wasnt for him i wouldn't ever had looked into the comics.

evo kurt is...pretty much a comic relief character, bad accented and he's not even pious! But hey, the whole cartoon isn't exactly awesome viewing... but he is very sweet and makes for suprisingly fanfiction.

Comic kurt! BAMF!
j
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

All three have their good qualities. Movie Kurt: Very religious, timid yet kind, and different interpretation of physicallity. Evo Kurt: fun-loving, 16, humorous, and German-y goodness. Comic Kurt: various different types including priesthood, swashbuckler, ladie's man, funny, and sometimes evil. My vote has to go to comic Nightcrawler because that was the original and has gotten better with age. (Question: how do you put your choice on the poll?)

[Edited on 28/1/07 by Bamfing_Bob]
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!