Classic X-Men

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Classic X-Men

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I wanted a place to share and talk about classic X-men, from the first issue to just after Giant Sized (well, we could probably extend this to about 1980 if we wanted). Namely, I want to share the best (or worst) scans from these times. Times when Jean Grey made pie and Iceman was a racist.

It's fun to look back on how ridiculous things really were in comics in these days. And how the times really effected the stories and the characters. Anyway, share!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Classic X-Men

Post by Garble »

It seems like in the beginning whenever Jean used her power people around attributed it to ghosts. "Hey, things around me are moving! This place must be haunted!"

Also, Stan Lee seemed to end every non-question sentence with at least one exclamation point. Maybe everyone just shouted everything back then.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Classic X-Men

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Garble wrote:It seems like in the beginning whenever Jean used her power people around attributed it to ghosts. "Hey, things around me are moving! This place must be haunted!"

Also, Stan Lee seemed to end every non-question sentence with at least one exclamation point. Maybe everyone just shouted everything back then.
I wouldn't say everyone shouted, but he certainly did. And still does. Excelsior!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Classic X-Men

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I remember when the Uncanny X-Cast guys were reviewing these old issues. They found it agonizing to get through them. I think they did something like five a week, and it was a tough quota to meet.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir