Dave Cockrum has passed away

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
CliffordMeth
Lubber
Lubber

Post by CliffordMeth »

November 26, 2006

With a heavy heart, I regret to inform you that Dave Cockrum passed away this morning. After a long battle with diabetics and its varied complications, Dave died in his sleep early this morning.

Dave’s many creations—including some of the X-Men’s staple characters—brought tremendous joy to his legion of fans. For three decades, he was a beloved fixture at comics conventions across the country where he would sketch for a pittance and encourage would-be creators. Those of us who knew Dave personally will remember him as one of the sweetest, jovial, most generous individuals in the comics industry. I’ll miss my friend very much.

There are no details of services at this time. Dave asked to be cremated and his widow Paty is burdened with the news, so well wishers are asked not to call. Email can be sent to magnetorampant@yahoo.com

Clifford Meth
cliffmeth@aol.com
JGM Comics
Lubber
Lubber

Post by JGM Comics »

I am deeply saddened by this. I wish Paty the best.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I am closing this thread so that people can search out all the information on one space. Please use this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation in this time of sorrow.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.