Essence of NC

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
psychonaut
Lubber
Lubber

Essence of NC

Post by psychonaut »

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with Demeter Fragrances... they make a gigantic line of so-real-its-scary perfume smells. Their line includes scents such as Grass, Dirt, Laundromat, Ginger Ale, Yellow Cake Batter, Leather, Raisin, and Play-Doh. I am a big fan of the line and have a little collection of favorites (I was a bigger fan when they cost $12.00 -- they are now up to $19 per ounce).

The other day I was digging through the back of my perfume shelf and found one I hadn't used in a long time: Demeter Bonfire. It has that sweet, hot smell of glowing orange coals. If anyone has ever been on the Spaceship Earth ride at EPCOT and remember the part where Rome is burning and you can actually smell it-- it's kind of like that (I LOVE that ride!). Anyway, I uncapped and sniffed it, and had to wonder if the smell could be called brimstone-ish. I've been wearing it the past couple days, thinking of it as Demeter Bamf. It makes me smile because your nose gets used to the smell and you stop smelling it for a while... then at times throughout the day you'll suddenly smell it again. I like to imagine that a certain someone has just shown up behind me. A guilty pleasure, certainly, but one you folks would understand!

To check out Demeter Fragrances, go here:
http://www.demeterfragrance.com
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Essence of NC

Post by Saint Kurt »

Okay. When I read the title I was like "if this isn't about Nightcrawler perfume somehow, I'm going to be disappointed."

So, congratulations on that one. I don't know how you managed it. :)

On a whole other subject - I will forever associate Nightcrawler with the smell of mint. The reason for this is that one of the solvents in my makeup kit is very strong so they add a very strong mint smell to cover it. It's the first layer to go on and it's a bit like being airbrushed with mouthwash. The mint smell is so powerful that it permeates everything so my wig smells minty too.

All I have to do is open my makeup box and it's like "Ah. Nightcrawler."

I must say, I'll take the mint over the sulfur any day. Though, "Demeter Bamf" does have a nice ring to it.

-e
psychonaut
Lubber
Lubber

Essence of NC

Post by psychonaut »

That's interesting, SK! Nice that they had the sympathy to mask the unpleasant smell. Is that a layer that goes on, or something you use to take the it off? Scope should make an extra-dark blue mouthwash in honor of Nightcrawler.

Glad my post lived up to your expectations! Though if they did make a fragrance named after him, I have no idea what it should smell like!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Essence of NC

Post by Nandireya »

I can’t imagine wanting to smell of sulpha and fur…
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
psychonaut
Lubber
Lubber

Essence of NC

Post by psychonaut »

Who knows, it might be one of those smells that grows on you with familiararity. I've known people who liked all kinds of smells such as gasoline and fish food. If you come to associate the smell with something good, I bet your perceptions would change.

That being said, sulphur is pretty rank! I wonder if Kurt's nose is so used to it he wouldn't notice it anymore.
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Essence of NC

Post by love_of_bob »

Originally posted by psychonaut
Who knows, it might be one of those smells that grows on you with familiararity. I've known people who liked all kinds of smells such as gasoline and fish food. If you come to associate the smell with something good, I bet your perceptions would change.
I LOVE the smell of gasoline. And I could sniff rubber tires for days. But I don't even have a driver's license, so I wouldn't chalk it up to association. Unless it's completely subconscious, of course.
That being said, sulphur is pretty rank! I wonder if Kurt's nose is so used to it he wouldn't notice it anymore.
Likely. Poor Kurt.