"First Class" movie

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

"First Class" movie

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I still haven't seen it. :shifty I started watching it but the download (cough) was such poor quality I gave up.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

"First Class" movie

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

The Drastic Spastic wrote:I still haven't seen it. :shifty I started watching it but the download (cough) was such poor quality I gave up.
Well, today is your lucky day because it is officially out on DVD!! I'm heading out to get my copy ASAP.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

"First Class" movie

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Only just now coming back to this site to post my review.

Man, I LOVED this movie.

So much better than Origins!

I think the characters were spot-on, and frankly the movie made be fall in love with all the Xavier/Erik shippers. I nearly cried at the end; it was beautiful and amazing and reminded me how much I love Magneto. Favorite super villian/anti-hero of all time.

It was great. For a sequel I would love to see the "second class;" Xavier building his school and Erik building his army. There is a lot of room for world-traveling shenanigans and I would love to see them play into real historical events again.

Awesome, 4.5 out of 5 stars, go buy/rent the DVD! I will be!
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

"First Class" movie

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Forget RENT! I'm gonna BUY IT!

ON BLu-RAY TOO! JEEZ! I'm JUST THROWING MONEY at Fox/Marvel! :crazy
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

So I went to buy it the other day, I scoured Tims Square, probably the worst place on Earth to shop but it's where I was, and found it at Midtown Comics. Hooray! However, the DVD version did not include deleted scenes. Boo. And it was $30! What?! So, long story short, I did not buy it. I'll wait for it to hit the discount bin.

But I did manage to find a video including all the deleted scenes: http://video.yandex.ru/users/naurlas/view/3

Ps, the site is Russian. I find that oddly appropriate.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Indigo_Lady
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

"First Class" movie

Post by Indigo_Lady »

I finally got a copy of the DVD (I get almost all my DVDs from Amazon)

I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. It's the first of the X-Men movies where the characters seemed a little bit more believable. Their responses were more natural. Some of the choices for a teams were a bit interesting, but after watching the extras, I can understand why. I also suppose this movie had a much larger budget. I remember Singer saying they couldn't show Kurt's tail all that often in X-2 because they didn't have the money for a lot of CGed scenes.

I agree that Emma Frost was the weak point. They intended to give her a "frosty" personality, (according to the DVD extras :urg) but I think the actress didn't pull it off at all. I also would have liked to see a bit more character development in the relationship between Xavier and Erik. I just didn't feel it as strongly as I thought I should. Otherwise I enjoyed the movie. Except for the opening of X-2, it was my favorite X-Men film so far. (Thankfully Singer was a producer and not the director. I've never felt he was that great, to be honest. The pacing was better in this movie.)

Favorite scenes - The cameo of Wolverine, the action with Azazel, the mutant kids - gee, acting like teenagers :) , and how Beast really grew a backbone after his regression. Did anyone notice how his voice was much more forceful? I always hear a strong voice in my head when comic Hank speaks.
Always a Queen of Narnia

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds. G.K. Chesterton

Favorite X-Men: :engarde :storm :colossus :nocturne :gambit :rogue :hank :psylocke
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"First Class" movie

Indigo_Lady wrote:
I agree that Emma Frost was the weak point. They intended to give her a "frosty" personality, (according to the DVD extras :urg) but I think the actress didn't pull it off at all.
I agree. I don't think she came off as frosty, she came off as complacent and bored.
Favorite scenes - The cameo of Wolverine, the action with Azazel, the mutant kids - gee, acting like teenagers :) ,
Agreed on all accounts!!