Summer 2007: Angel

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Post your summer fun here!!

[Edited on 21/2/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

This ficlet is set the day after the pool party, as Angel prepares to go to Italy.

The yellow sticky note on Angel’s desk was succinct, in Dr. McCoy’s crappy handwriting and completely unexpected.

"Ms. Salvatore – Your mother called." Followed by a very familiar phone number.

"I’ll be damned," she said, leaving the note untouched as she had the sudden, panic-inducing thought that one of her teachers had been in her room. After a quick scan she realized there was nothing… incriminating out. Whew! Alex was picking her up in the morning, so it was pretty bare. Her clothes were mostly packed, leaving only a couple bags open for last-minute essentials.

Angel hadn’t spoken to her mother since, she thought for a moment – more than a year ago. Not really spoken, anyway. She’d left a conciliatory message at Christmas, and gotten a final shove-off. What the fuck could that woman want now?

She went to the bathroom and sorted toiletries, tossing items into her bag carelessly. There was nothing that her mother could say to her now to make up for kicking her daughter out when she'd needed her most. She’d shut that door, burned that bridge, beat that dead horse…. all that stuff. Yeah. But, it was her mother. With a frustrated huff she shut the bag, fished her cell phone from her pocket and dialed from memory.

It only rang once before someone picked up and mumbled a greeting. "Mom?"

"Angel?" She heard scuffling on the other side of the line, as if her mother had jammed a hand over the receiver for a second.

"Yeah, it's me.....you called me?"

The muffled noise ceased and her mother was back. "Hmm, ya soun’ diff’rent."

"I-I do? Well, yeah, I guess I do. I’m in college, so I’m s'pposed to talk right, yeah?" She picked at her hair, unsure what to say next.

"Right! So…uh, how ya doing, girl?"

Angel pulled the phone away from her ear for a moment, considering hanging up. Her mother’s voice was now falsely, disgustingly cheerful. As if she cared how she was doing. But… maybe she did?

"I’m doing good -- really good, mama," she chanced. "The school’s cool, and I got friends and stuff."

"That's good news."

There was a silence then more movement on the other end so Angel continued to babble. "Yeah, it is good news, y'know! They got a theater teacher here and everything. So I got back into that, and..." She trailed off, remembering she was supposed to be pissed at her mother.

"Mmm, well, that's all nice ta know, since we ain't heard from ya."

"You ain't heard from me? You sent me a Christmas card -- a Christmas card! -- tellin' me to not call ya again!"

"Things have changed, Angel," she said, and her voice sounded honest for once.

Angel tried to stomp down her temper. And failed. "Yeah? Suddenly you care?"

"Yeah, I do. How many other... special... students are there at that school a yours?"

Okay, that was weird. Why would that matter? "Um, there's about a dozen of us...depending," she said, trying to stay vague.

"T-that's good, so that way ya ain't lonely." Angel was certain she heard a male voice in the background. Was that her step-dad? It didn't sound like him. "Yeah, so, school's gotta be about over. How many kids will be stayin' with you over the summer?"

"Oh... I won't be staying here," she said. Now that was a really weird question -- it made her skin crawl. "I'm going to Italy--"

"Italy!"

"Yeah, Uncle Alex — you remember—"

"A course I r’member Allesandro," her mother dragged out the end of Alex’s name with disdain. "He’s taking you to Italy?"

"Well, yeah, he wants me to meet my family," she said, her temper bleeding through again. "He said they want to meet me. At least I do have some family that wants me around."

Her mother laughed and Angel nearly threw the phone across the room. "I bet they wanna see ya. You just watch 'em, child, they ain't all that. We'll be in touch."

The line was dead before Angel could reply.

-----

In a modest home in Philadelphia, Tanisha Jones set the phone on the kitchen table with a click and looked at the man seated across from her. "I hope you’re happy now."

"Well, we'll see." Jack Jones took another drag from his cigarette and smiled, showing stained teeth. He stubbed the butt out in an ashtray, taking his time and allowing the last tendrils of smoke to curl upward from his nostrils. "Now don't leave me in suspense, baby. What'd she say?"

Tanisha took a deep breath and stared at the ice in her empty tumbler. She loved her daughter – she truly did. But she had learned long ago to look out for herself first. She started to talk.

[Edited on 18-12-0606 by Slarti]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Angel's mother and step-father: Tanisha and Jack Jones.

Image Image
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Ooooh yikes - that is ultra creepy and scary! Damn...its a good thing its only gonna take 3 weeks to do the next '3 months'. Less waiting ;).

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Blog: l'Italia chiamò

I've decided flying in a plane sucks and reading an Italian phrasebook is NOT the best way to pass the time. Yeah, I’ve been on a plane before, but damn! I had no idea that ocean was really that far across. So eventually, Alex and I got into Stazione Centrale in Palermo, and I got to meet my aunt Isabetta who came to get us. Apparently, I got all kinds of relatives over here -- already I've met more of them than I ever thought were possible. My grandpa Giovanni.... he's actually kinda scary. Not boo scary; scary like he knows all kinds a shit you just don't wanna know. Alex says his bark is worse than his bite. Sure.

Anyways, I've got one of the guest rooms at his house -- which is pretty damn big. I can't plug none of my stuff inta the wall either since the sockets are all funky. Nobody warned me about that. Everybody's been very cool, but not everybody speaks English so I pretty much need Alex or Isabetta with me whenever I run inta another relative who wants to check me out. And they ALL want to check me out. It makes me glad I don’t have the wings anymore…

I put pics of Alex and Isabetta and scary gramps on my pic page, and I’m sure I’ll have more soon.

Grandpa Giovanni having a little snack.

They look kinda close for brother and sister… Guess it’s a European thang.

[Edited on 18-12-0606 by Slarti]
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Wow, jeez look at you go!!! I havent even thought about it yet!!

But this is great! I wonder whats up with her mom and stepdad...i smell...something. Miss Jay. I smell Miss Jay. The mom kinda looks like him!!

Anyway....good job!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Well, a Google image search later and I’m dying. OMG! She totes DOES!!! Completely unintentional. Swear to God.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Angel and Scott kept touch via emails for most of the summer, and a sampling of their private emails to each other will be posted in their threads. :D

----------------- Original Message -----------------
To: blind_insight@ hotmail.com
Subject: Sexy cowboys and topless beaches
----------------------------------------------------

Hey hot stuff, I’ll have ya know I want you to bring that cowboy hat back with you this fall. I can’t believe you had Megan do that, she musta been laughing her ass off the whole time.

Opened that attachment yet? Did you know they got topless beaches over here? You do now. ;^) And no, I didn’t have Alex take that, it was my aunt. We’ve been joggin every morning, and sta insegnandomi l'italiano! Amo la mia zia! Impressed? Yeah, well, she wrote that down for me. But I almost remembered it!

Hey, have you tried to call me from a different phone? I keep gettin calls from the States but when I pick up the line’s dead and the number’s blocked. It’s weird.

So what are you and Japh doin aside from posing and playin in the dirt?

I MISS YOU! X&O

Angelina
--------------Reply------------------------------
To: drama_kween@ yahoo.com
Subject: RE: Sexy cowboys and topless beaches
---------------------------------------------------

Hey gorgeous!

I DID get those pictures. And DAMN. I'm really glad O-Chris (not my brother the other one) had Japh going over those figures - otherwise it would have gotten rather interesting. I miss you so much.

Megan just about bust a gut laughing so hard for mine - Japh and Chris kept wolf-whistling. Those ones I sent you were the least blurry. I bet Alex didn't take them - he would have my head on a silver platter - though I think we did kinda connect before you woke up.

I am bringing that hat back - just for you. I've been getting headaches this whole week pretty much everyday - just little ones you know? But still. ouch.

Japh's doing fine - he settled right in - though we had one mishap - Eany ate one of the calipers and OChris nearly killed her. But after we explained the nature of our mutations - it was cool.

How's all that family? Sounds like a lot of them and your Grandpa! Ok - you ARE the Mob. Maybe I shouldn't say that...I'm glad you're learning Italian. Is it hard?

No - I haven't called you - it's too expensive from my cell phone out here. Maybe it's your mom since it's blocked? anyway gotta go start the cooking fire - yes, I've been relegated to the kitchen. Just until my headache goes away though. I think it's the sun - it wasn't nearly so sunny in New York as it is here.

Japh and I are camping in a tent - it's a little bit of a squish since it's not the biggest tent - but it's better than sharing the RV with the newlyweds. It's pretty much like being back at school. So, not much to report - though eany DOES come back int he morning looking quite fat. What she eats - Idon't want to know as long as it isn't bones.

How's Italy? Where are you staying? Is it pretty, have you travelled? You need to go on a road trip or something with your aunt.

Anyway, I love you and miss you sorely,

Love Scott.
xoxox
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Blog: Feelin touristy

Been doing a lot of sightseeing lately, on Sicily and the mainland. Palermo itself is pretty cool, with all that Norman stuff… which had to be explained to me. This place is full of museums and churches, but I think my fave so far was the Museo delle Marionette. Puppets! Alex keeps taking me over to the mainland for side trips and I got to check out Rome by myself while he was in auditions all day.I think I saw Father Wagner's church! It had signs in German and they were rebuildin' part of it that looked like it had burned or something... even if it ain't the same one it made me think of him.:^( I wish he’d come back, y’know?

My Italian’s gettin a little better. I can ask how much something costs and where the bathroom is like a pro, yo! But spelling that shit is something else.

This time I got a pic of myself and my cousins by the Mediterranean and Pompeii, which was every bit as cool as ya told me it would be, Scott! X&O! I miss you SOO much…

I miss everybody!!! What’s everybody else up to?

It was sooo pretty!

Antonio and Cicilia. I got a lotta cousins.

It’s beautiful…but so sad!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Blog: Bored!

Okay… I like the sightseeing, but you can only look at so many old buildings, y’know? I just put a couple pics up that sum up what I’m up to – learning to kick ass. And check it out roomie! You ain’t the only one who can do that bendy thing now! Being a tourist was getting boring, so I signed up for the local gym and some classes and stuff. Well, Grandpa Giovanni did, cause my italian can’t handle anything that complicated.

He ain’t so bad once ya get to know him, really. He even went with me and Alex to Venice for some business for a few days. Dad and Mike (my little brother, well, half) met us there, and it was cool to get to hang out with all of them. At least Mikey is as lost as me when they all speak that super-fast shit. Potrebbe ripetere per favore?

My birthday is comin’ up fast and they want to have a big party. They keep givin me shit about it being on American Independence Day and how a Sicilian actually wrote that Declaration of Independence. I can’t tell if they shittin with me or not…

I hadn’t tried this for years!

And I kicked the camera the first time we tried this…

Dad and Mikey
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Blog: WTF is up with these classes?

Advanced mutant physiology? Figlio de puttana! Like, we go from plants and ameobas to THAT? Like hell! All I know is I’m SO in Howlett’s classes, yo! And maybe Sgt Hotpants classes… they can’t be too hard. It’s gym! Ew. Math. No! And ANNIE’s teaching now. Guh… I dunno… I’ll think about it later.

Why did this letter have to come on my BIRTHDAY?! How come it’s not a damn holiday here too? No mail woulda been nice. And I don’t even remember giving anybody this address. But other than this, I had a niiiice birthday. Cowboy hats are the best thing. Ever. Ti amo, Scott! Now I REALLY can’t wait ta see you. Maaaaan, I never knew you could be so creative. Well, I did, but, um, yeah…

ANYWAY, il mio nonno Giovanni and the rest of the family had a big comin’ out party for me. And I have even more relatives, and people I know ain’t relatives but they introduced me as ‘our friend, Angelina.’ I know enough to know that means I might be in THE family now – cosa nostra. That’s kinda scary, yo.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Blog: England = awesome!

I’ve been havin’ a BLAST here!

James took a whole bunch of modely shots of me and it was really fun. He certainly knows how ta make a girl feel pretty! And horses? Yeah… that one really seemed to like me. I must taste good or somethin’ because he (she? Didn’t check the plumbing, yo!) kept tryin to lick me! The first time he did it, I was all gettin into the moment, following James’s ‘look this way – love the camera’ stuff when I get this big wet NOSE right in the shoulder!! And he SNORTED! I screamed and bolted. Lizzie thought that was pretty damn funny… But then I had snot on my dress! Ew! It’s a good thing ya can’t see it in the pic.

And, THANK GOD, they speak English here. Though my Italian, it ain’t so bad now… I can carry on whole conversations with five-year-olds! ;^D

See, Scott, I can play with horses too!

We got all blinged up and hit that town!

James took some real ones of us too, but this one is fun!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Companionship in Camden

[Elizabeth] Elbowing her way through the knots of people crowded around the top of the street, Lizzie grinned over her shoulder at Angel. "Keep an eye out, it gets so pakced here in summer, you can ahrdly breath!"

[Elizabeth] "Soo....anything you want to see or do you just want to see everything? I'm not fussy!"

[Angel] Angel followed Lizzie through the throngs, keeping a close hold on her bag. This was SO cool! She'd seen similar shops on a small scale in the states... but this place was huge! She eyeballed a deathly pale girl drift by. Mutant? She tried not to stare.

[Angel] "I bet! This, this... Wow!" She grinned. "No, Roomie, you're the native! Show me what'cha got!"

[Elizabeth] "Right! First stop - there's this really great food court area - they cook it on the street near enough and this Italian place does the best milkshakes ever!"

[Elizabeth] Fiddling with her hair to make sure it was still up, Lizzie easily swanned through the crowds and headed over a bridge, taking a left and wound her way down to an area packed with food stalls.

[Elizabeth] "Strawberry or chocolate?"

[Angel] "I'm always up for food, yo!" She followed Lizzie to the stalls, idly staring at the back of her roommate's blonde head. That piercing on the back of her neck. Ow. It always looked ow to her, she thought, wrinkling her nose. But the graceful wings tattooed on her back.... those were pretty.

[Angel] Angel reached behind her to scratch at her shoulder blades where her wings used to be. "Oh, you know I need chocolate!" She laughed, shaking off her momentary sadness.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie ordered two chocolate shakes with ice and stood by idly to wait. They took time but were so worth it...

[Elizabeth] "Well there's plenty of food; Thai, Cantonese, seafood, burgers, Mexican...."

[Elizabeth] She passed over the milkshake to Angel with a smile. "Are you okay?"

[Angel] "Mmmm, y'know, anything sounds good -- other than Italian!" She winked and accepted the shake with a thanks. "Well, other than this! I'm just ready to eat something else for a change."

[Angel] She took a sip and made a yummy face. "Delizioso!" She played with her straw, considering Lizzie's question. "I'm good! Why wouldn't I be? We're having fun, yeah?"

[Elizabeth] "Yeah," she smiled back at her roomate warmly. She was probably being paranoid or something after spendig so much time with Warren.

[Elizabeth] "You know, its so nice to spend time with another female! Fran doesn't count!"

[Elizabeth] She wandered acrouss the courtyard to inspect a Cantonese stall, sniffing the air and grinning. Yum.

[Angel] "Yeah! It's great! Man, I love all my cousins, and my aunt and stuff, but wooo. Overwhelming a bit, y'know? Plus, with the Italian. Ugh." She wandered alongside Lizzie. "Mmmm, that smells good."

[Angel] She spied a tall, thin blond man across the court and looked twice. No, not Warren. He wouldn't come here anyways. "So, are you okay?"

[Elizabeth] "I'm better. This year was a little bit insane," smiling wanly, she asked for some sweet and sour chicken and rice and was given an overstuffed containerful.

[Angel] Angel ordered up some noodles, happy to do it in English. "Oh, yeah.... it has been a crazy, crazy year!" She took her container and stared at it for a second. "This time last year? I was in New York.... and not in a good place. But things are so much better now, y'know?"

[Elizabeth] "This time last year, I was probably here. But I was different back then. It's weird how much things changed. Back then, I was probably already getting drunk. Now, the smell of drink makes me sick."

[Elizabeth] "So, it's just weird. I dont think I'll ever drink again by choice, not after everything that happened."

[Angel] "Drinking don't bother me, I just don't do it as much, but... I know what ya mean. Some things you just can't go back to. Hell, I don't want to go back to that. I was .... ugh." She grinned, trying to lighten the mood again. "Well, you met me back then."

[Elizabeth] "Mmm, well I remember you were fairly nice. A little different to what I was used to, but hey, I was caged up in a posh part of England, though I did escape at every single chance!" grinning broadly, she set off towards the canal so they could sit to eat.

[Elizabeth] It was sligthtly cooler there as there were a couple of trees around. Stretching her legs out, she sat under one of them and tucked into her food. "I think everyone changed."

[Angel] Angel took a seat by her, settling her bag between her folded legs for safekeeping. "I thought I was all bad, and everything was stupid, but, yeah, everyone and everything has changed -- it's all good." She picked at her noodles. Thank God she didn't have to barf acid on things to eat anymore. That was a definite improvement.

[Elizabeth] "So, you glad that you decided not to move to Italy?" she asked slightly slyly, unsure if that had actually been the case. It had seemed like it to her well enough though.

[Elizabeth] "After what happened, well, I wanted to move back to England for a while and it's been so nice to be here, and just spend time with my brother and with Warren...I almost dont want to leave, but I know in August I'll be getting on that plane and going back to school. Cause, its my place to be."

[Angel] Angel looked up at Lizzie, remembering that one of the last real conversations she'd had with her was... back then. "Yes. Moving to Italy wouldda been stupid. Running away from shit -- that's what I used to do. I'm not going to do that ever again."

[Angel] She nodded to herself and took another bite of her noodles. Mmmm. "Besides, everything and everybody I care about is at school, yeah? I'm ready to go back. And I'm more than ready to see Scott again." She wriggled her eyebrows.

[Elizabeth] "Oh I bet!" taking a bite of chicken she grinned wickedly. "Cow!"

[Angel] Angel giggled. "Well, a girl's got needs, yo!" She scanned the crowd, noticing all the different types of people. She wouldn't have been out of place here even with her wings. "So, you think any of these folks are mutants?"

[Elizabeth] "Ooh, I know full well a girl has needs!" making a face she laughed, then knelt up and looked around. "Probably. The easiest lace to hide is in plain sight!"

[Angel] Angel nodded. "Yeah, I used to hide my wings up under clothes, but here," she laughed a little too hard. "I wonder if any of these folks are new students for this year?"

[Elizabeth] "Doubt it. I think the Irish guy would have made his presence known if he'd come to London and that ratty girl would never come here!"

[Elizabeth] "But...you never know, there might be someone we could end up with!"

[Angel] "Hee, word on that! That Irish guy has such pretty eyes, too bad he's a bastard. And don't get me started on the rat! What'd you guys call her? A chav?" she chuckled. "Hopefully they ain't all nasty, skanky or giggley."

[Angel] "So they've got you helpin' teach a class?"

[Elizabeth] "Yeah, I'm helping out in Cal's class. Which is ironic if you remember my behaviour in my first lesson with him!"

[Elizabeth] Tossing her now empty container in the nearest bin, Lizzie streched as she stood up. "Now...Clothes or boots? I can never pick which should come first.."

[Angel] "Oh, man! When we got the spandex? You were rollin' around on the floor, I was bitchin, Scott was being all sappy and then blasting holes in shit.... we were all a mess."

[Angel] Angel followed suit with the remainder of her noodles. They were good... but her stomach had been a little off for days. "Oooo! Clothes! I saw some wild stuff earlier! I got enough Italian shoes to last me a lifetime now!"

[Elizabeth] "Oooh, I'm talking about boots. Killer boots!" grinning, she brushed down her skirt and cracked her back. Ugh. A bad habit she'd picked up from Warren...

[Elizabeth] "Well, for clothes I love Punky Fish, Cyberdog, Fairy Gothmother and there is this FANtastic corsetry place! It's amazing!"

[Elizabeth] Waving for Angel to follow her, she darted off down the alleys. "I just love this place and all its weirdness!"

[Angel] "I could do some crazy boots!" She bounced a little and fluffed her hair up absently. "And I need me some wild clothes -- gotta balance out the all'ultimo grido!" Her grandfather had been buying her clothes every time they all went out.

[Angel] She chased after Lizzie, happy to see Lizzie so animated. "Hey, we fit right in then, si?" She kept up, glancing at storefronts and tourists along the way.

[Elizabeth] "Fitting in never bothered me before! Not really!"

[Elizabeth] She skidded to a halt outside a piercing studio and peeked in the glass. "Hmm....How many piercings is too many?"

[Angel] Angel, still looking at the colorful storefronts, nearly collided with Lizzie when she pulled up a stop. "How many more ya want? You got a lotta holes now, girlfriend!" But she looked too -- they had some fun belly rings in there!

[Elizabeth] "Or maybe a new tattoo...I'd like to get a meaningful tattoo..." she mused thoughtfully, nibbling her thumb. She smiled over at Angel who was gazing at the jewellry longingly. "I don't really know, just been thinking about changes recently. I've had a lot."

[Elizabeth] "We all have, really!"

[Angel] "Yeah, that we have." She rubbed at her shoulder -- why was her back all itchy? "I could use a new belly ring, but I think I've hit the limit on piercings, unless I did my tongue." She flicked it at Liz and grinned.

[Angel] "And I got two tats. One I wouldn't mind gettin' rid of."

[Elizabeth] "I have three - " Lizzie pointed to her back, then held up her left foot, pointing to the ankle, then looked around the street before pulling own the band of her skirt slightly.

[Elizabeth] The ankle tattoo was 'cuts' with 'scales' underneath and the one on her hip was a delicate twist of barbed wire.

[Elizabeth] "I liked pushing what I could get done. All of them were illegal..." she went a little red, then smiled at Angel. "Sometimes you have to try these things though."

[Angel] "Pfft, lookit this ghetto shit," she said, turning around and sliding up her shirt slightly to show her lower back. In old English, 'gangster' block letters, her name spanned across her hips. "It wasn't illegal, but I know about pushing it...."

[Angel] She glanced around, as if anyone were paying attention. But only Scott knew this... "Before I came to Xavier's? I was livin' with a dealer. Hell, I was one too. Kinda..." She bit her lip.

[Elizabeth] "We all do thing's we're not proud of," Lizziereached out and rubbed her arm. "You could get it tattooed over, some tribal design or a silluette of a...something!"

[Elizabeth] "I made a mess of many things in my life, and now, they're getting better. And you - you have Scott, you have the total adoration of Howlett as his prize pupil...People change and we make up for what we've done."

The Fallen enters the room

[TheFallen] "Looking to get another hole in your body?" Warren suddenly whispered in Lizzie's ear.

[Elizabeth] Her heart just about stopped and Lizzie jumped about a foot into the air, spinning around to face him. "Oooh, you git! Don't startle me like that!"

[Elizabeth] To show she was just joking, she gave him a quick hug. "I'm gald you showed your face!" then stepped back. "Yeah, you can never have too many holes. I was thinking of maybe something below the belt..." she said, it was a total lie but his expression would be worth it.

[Angel] "Hey, Warren!" Angel smiled at him warmly and watched Lizzie hug him. Since spending time with them both in England, she more understood what Liz liked about him. She stifled a grin at Lizzie's below the belt crack.

[TheFallen] "Hey." He nodded back. Things seemed less awkward now, at least; he was glad he'd given them a chance to talk.

[TheFallen] He looked back at Lizzie and raised an eyebrow archly. "Reallly."

[Elizabeth] "I'm running out of areas I haven't got done. Unless you think I should get my tongue done, in which case I'll drool allll over you on the tube on the way home!"

[Elizabeth] To emphasise, she stuck her tongue out at them both and struck a pose.

[Angel] Angel watched them banter and considered Lizzie's words. Maybe it was time she covered over that stupid tattoo on her back? After all, she was a different person now, right? Absolutely! She grinned as Lizzie mimicked her earlier tongue waggle.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen shuddered. "I don't like holes. On me or on other people." He contemplated the designs posted on the window. "Some of the tattoos look rather interesting, though."

[Elizabeth] "Yeah, I'm thinking about getting a new tat maybe instead, or have one of mine added to..." she sighed wistfully. "I don't know, I dont wnat to overdo it but - wait for me here for a moment, will you?" she quickly darted into the shop before they could agree or disgaree.

[Angel] Angel watched Lizzie vanish and turned to Warren with a slightly awkward smile. Well, she was more comfortable with him when Lizzie was around anyways.... "Yeah, I was thinking about getting my old crappy tattoo covered with a better one." She nodded at the designs.

[TheFallen] Warren raised an eyebrow as Lizzie disappeared into the shop. If he didn't know better, he'd think it was a setup.

[TheFallen] "I didn't know you had a tattoo."

[Angel] "Oh, um, yeah, I have two." She showed him the tat across her lower back. "But this is the silly one... got it at a bad time." Turning back to him she smiled wanly. "Kinda wanna get past the time when I got it."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded. "Ah," he said uneasily. Showing off her lower back kind of accented the point that she no longer had wings.

[TheFallen] Neither of them had talked about that yet, but it deserved to be mentioned. How did he bring that up? "So, how have you been?"

[Angel] She gave him another smile -- this time slightly confused. "I'm good." They'd been together, the the Lizzie buffer, several times. But she guessed he was just making conversation.

[TheFallen] "You and Scott doing all right?"

[Angel] She brightened a bit at that. "Yeah! Well, I miss him, but we're good." She nodded to herself for a second, her hair bouncing. "So! How do you like England?" There, she'd never asked him that.

[TheFallen] Warren smiled slightly in return. "It's nice, as much as I've seen. I've mainly been staying out of urban areas... but in places like this? No one even notices... the wings..."

[TheFallen] Oops. He subconsciously drew his wings tighter against his body. "...and such. How... is it suiting you?"

[Angel] She nodded. "Yeah, it's cool!" Her smile slipped at the mention of wings and she looked down. His were huge, like a cloak. "Oh, well... it's different. I miss flying. But, shit happens, y'know. You deal and get on with it." She shrugged.

[Angel] But, damnit, her back was still itching. She hitched a shoulderblade.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded. "Yeah. You do." He looked away. "We've been through a lot, haven't we? All of us. It hardly seems it's only been a year."

[Angel] "I'll second that," she agreed, looking back up at him. He was naturally, well, mutantly, pale already, but she didn't remember the yellowish cast to his skin from the past fall. "So, are you coming back to school?" No point beating around the bush.

[TheFallen] Warren shook his head. "I don't think so," he said tersely. Not as a student, anyway, and no other plans were concrete.

[Angel] "Ah, well. We all got our own path, yeah?" She smiled a bit and looked behind her into the shop. "I wonder what Lizzie's gettin done? I'll laugh my ass off if she did get her tongue done just so she could follow through on droolin' on ya."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen rolled his eyes. "Oh, Lord. I hope not."

[Elizabeth] Walking as if it was a very uncomfortable thing to do, Lizzie exited the shop and made her way back over to Angel and Warren. "You two been good? I might buy you ice creams!"

[Angel] Angel eyes Lizzie's gait. "Oh, no, you didn't?! Not there!"

[TheFallen] Warren blinked. Oh, my... "Do I want to know..."

[Angel] Angel giggled. "Well, I ain't helpin' you replace that jewelry if ya can't reach." She winked, wrinkling her nose.

[Elizabeth] Looking the picture of innocence, she blinked. "What have I done?"

[Elizabeth] "I decided to get my jewellry changed and caught the top of my leg on the table jumping down."

[Elizabeth] "I have no idea what you're talking about!"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked. Okay then; he wasn't the one who had the dirty thought in the first place, that was all Angel. "So, ice cream then?"

[Elizabeth] "I'd get that done though, if it was worth my while," Lizzie looked over her shoulder at Angel and winked. "But, right now there's little point. I got a new nipple bar though. It's some kind of strechy rubbery stuff, it's really fun!"

[Angel] "Hey, you never know when the need may arise," she said. "Ooh, rubber, huh?" She looked back at the shop with interest. "That would be fun..."

[TheFallen] Warren frowned darkly. "Ice cream first," he said firmly.

[Elizabeth] "Of course," she patted his arm and started to head towards the nearest and best place for ice cream. "We can always come back later, Angel. Warren'll only sulk!"

[Angel] Angel shook herself and followed along. "Okay, deal. I need some more chocolate anyways."

[Elizabeth] "You dirty little chocaholic!" Lizzie giggled as she lead them around the corner and stopped at the stand. "What does everyone want?"

[Elizabeth] "Obviously, Angel wants chocolate..."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen scratches his head. "I'll take chocolate."

[Elizabeth] "Right, so that's two large chocolate cones and one large mint, please," Lizzie asked, giving the young man behind the counter an evil glare, daring him to say something.

[Elizabeth] "With sprinkles. Sprinkles good for you all? And flakes."

[Angel] "Ooo, flakes sound good!"

[TheFallen] Warren shrugged. "Sure."

[Elizabeth] Paying for the three cones, she passed them back and started to lick her own almost absently. "I like summer..."

[Angel] "Summer is good." Angel agreed, licking her own cone consideringly. "I like it here -- even if it is sticky."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded. "Summer's ending soon," he said thoughtfully. "You can feel it."

[Elizabeth] Wincing a little at his comment, Lizzie looked down. "It's still July...."

[Angel] Still licking at her cone, she blinked at Warren's cryptic comment. How pessimistic. It reminded her of Scott at his worst. "Yeah, your birthday is coming up soon, ain't it? I shouldda bought you some ice cream, Roomie! I'll be gone before then."

[Elizabeth] "Don't worry about it," she smiled a little, picking slighty at her ice cream. "It was just cool to hang around like this."

[Elizabeth] "My birthday isn't...Well, I don't have much interest in it. James thinks I should, but - I still really have to get back to him on that one."

[TheFallen] Warren smiled sympathetically. "Well... you do what you think is right. Don't let him pressure you."

[Elizabeth] "I won't! He is right in a way though...You will come with me if I go, though?"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow. "You need to ask?"

[Elizabeth] "Warren, you should know by now I need reassurance in these matters..." Lizzie gave him a lopsided grin and licked her ice cream.

[TheFallen] Warren nooded. "Absolutely. When have I ever passed up the chance to cause a little trouble?"

[Elizabeth] "Good," she turned to Angel and grinned. "How about those boots then?"

[Angel] "Boots sound awesome, and maybe some rubber too, eh?"

[Elizabeth] "Oooh, I know JUST the place!"

[Elizabeth] Catching hold of Warren's arm so he had little choice, she doubled back and started to head towards the market at the bottom of the road. "You two will love it!"

[Edited on 7-1-0707 by Slarti]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Spurred by a nasty argument on MySpace between Scott and Remy, Angel is pissed and calls Scott.

[Angel] Angel pressed return on the keyboard and immediately picked up the phone. Damnit! He HAD to be watching it. She knew him to well to know he'd just let it drop. And the stupid icon said he was still online. She hit redail with more force than necessary and listened to the never-ending beeps.

[Summers] Scott sighed after reading Angel's latest comment and reached for the phone. Oh, god, I hope I sound normal. I'm going to get it. He braced himself and picked up. "Hi Angel."

[Angel] "Leccare la figa! Finally!" She nearly passed out with relief, but, if he was answering the phone, he wasn't dead. So she was going to kill him.

[Angel] "Ti ammazzo! Why. Did. You. Not. Answer?!"

[Summers] "So I wouldn't catch hell from you." He stared at the computer screen before closing all the windows. "But that plan is obviously a no-go." He flipped through the Italian phrasebook. Going to kill me, huh? Go right ahead. It'd be a change of scenery, at least. "So. . .I fucked up. Again."

[Angel] "Oh! Because avoiding me is the perfect answer!" Angel stopped pacing at a sudden stab of pain in her stomach. "Thanks for that." She sat down on her bed, tucking her knees under her chin to ease it.

[Angel] "No. Yes. I don't know.... what did you do? I mean, what was all that?"

[Summers] Scott sat up, focussing a little more as he caught a slight hitch in her breathing. "Angel, are you okay? What's wrong?" Stall, Summers. Stall.

[Angel] "Sto bene," she snapped. "We're not talking about me."

[Summers] Scott closed his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair. "Yeah. I...lost my temper. Again. But Jesus Christ, Remy has absolutely no empathy for other people - he should know better than to spout of personal information as if it were public knowledge!"

[Summers] "But he doesn't because he was never raised nor taught anything like tact, decency, and manners. He's rougher than I am. And when I called him on it, he totally went and kept PUSHING my buttons - it's a fucking sport to him-" Scott bit off the rest of the sentence and gave a frustrated sigh.

[Angel] Angel huffed. "You know he does that - you know he's like that! I'm not saying what he did was right -- Non me ne frega un cazzo! Why did he get to you so badly? Why did you let him keep pushing your buttons!"

[Summers] "Goddamn..." He said softly, running a hand over his face. I need to shave before school starts- ugh. "Because...because he's right. I'm really just some uptight farm boy from hick town. I'm one generation away from white trash."

[Summers] "I-I want to do something with my life like my parents did. But no matter how hard I try to jump off- I'm still in the same fucking boat as he is." He sat back and stared at the wall. And there it was.

[Summers] "And I hate him for calling it as it is. Resent him. I'll apologize to him."

[Summers] He sat back, staring at his wall of trophies, waiting for Angel to say something.

[Angel] Angel sat, speechless. "Merda." She felt like hitting herself in the head to see if she'd heard that right, but her head was already pounding. "How can you even say that? Like you've got nothing to offer... "

[Summers] "Because I don't. Not really. Tennis was all I had - my one-way ticket the fuck out of here. And that's shot to hell. I'm just a pompous jerk with an over-blown sense of dio sapere che...and I hate myself the most for it."

[Summers] "And don't say that isn't true - I'm not that stupid."

[Angel] She closed her eyes. Fuuuck. All this time passed, and no matter how much she loved him, and she was still going to lose him. One way or another. "No, I don't lie to you -- you can be a jerk. You open your mouth before you think. You're touchy. You have a gift for pissing people off."

[Summers] "Yep. And there I am, spouting off disdainful hypocrisy and contempt at someone who might just understand literally where I'm coming from. But Christ, can he ever push all my buttons."

[Angel] "Well, it's Remy, it's like, what he does -- he likes to push buttons and see what makes people jump. He does it to everyone." She felt dizzy, so she laid down on the bed, shuffling the phone until she was comfortable. "The trick is to not take half --"

[Angel] She squeezed the bridge of her nose to think. Why was it so hard to think? "Okay, more than half -- of what he says to heart."

[Summers] "Angelina, what's wrong? You sound all stuffy. You're really sick, aren't you?" He sat up, wishing he could see through the phone connection.

[Angel] "I'm okay," she said, rolling onto her side as her stomach clenched again. She stretched out her arm onto the pillow beside her, studying the glint from the ring on her finger. It matched her dragonfly earrings, and had been her anniversary gift from Scott, arrived in the mail just days ago.

[Angel] "And I wasn't done earlier.... you can be a jerk, but you can also be amazing. Don't sell yourself short, tesoro."

[Summers] "Heh, thanks Angel. You bring out the best in me." But Remy brings out the worst. "Are you sure you're okay?" Hearing an emphatic agreement noise, he sighed. "Did you get your present?" he asked, switching subjects. Talking about his shortcomings depressed him; and he didn't want to follow that track ever again.

[Angel] "Yeah, I did! Grazie! I love it...I'm wearing it." She sniffed. "You know, just....whenever he pisses you off?" No need to say who. "Stop and think before you react, okay? For me? Per favore?"

[Summers] "Ok." He nodded. "I'm glad you like it."

[Angel] "I do," she said, twisting the ring on her finger as her eyes filled up with tears. God, don't cry... "I miss you so much. And I think I caught your headaches," she half laughed. "Are you still getting those?"

[Summers] "I miss you too - but it's only a week to go now. Funny how that seems to be the longest. Yeah, a few little headaches now and then. They're not so bad since I stay out of the sun...what's wrong? You should tell someone, zia Betta that you're not feeling well."

[Angel] "Yeah, only a week...." well, a little more than that. Right? She hadn't felt right since she'd come back from London. "I thought I'd just caught something in England, y'know?"

[Angel] She pressed a hand to her forehead. "I have a fever again. I just can't seem to shake it." She opened her eyes. What'd he say? "The sun? It was giving you the headaches?"

[Summers] "Go tell someone, Angel! If you've had a fever for more than three days - that's not good! Dr. McCoy said maybe it was adding to it - I'm apparantly an energy converter. But seriously, you need to go tell someone you're not feeling well. Or take Tylenol or something."

[Angel] "More than three days? Really? What about..." She did some mental math, with effort. Now that she wasn't so mad, it was hard to focus. "Two weeks?"

[Angel] She made a dismissive noise. "I'll tell somebody in the morning. Everybody else is asleep now, anyway, si? Energy converter?"

[Summers] "Two weeks? Christ - Angel! WAKE SOMEONE UP!" He stood up, knocking his chair back. "Right now - go! That's insane."

[Angel] "Don't yell," she whined. "M'head il mal d'testa. I'll get somebody later. Stomache hurts t'much ta move adessa. Okay?" Even if he was yelling, it was kinda like having him here. "Mmm. Ti amo, y'know that, si?"

[Summers] "Angel? Stay with me, please, just get up and go get someone - even if you have to crawl. Or so help me - I'll fly to Italy and help you myself." He took a deep, calming breath, and said more gently,

[Summers] "Angelina. get up slowly and go to your door. Open it and go out into the hall. Go as quickly as you can to the bedroom door that is closest to you that is occupied and knock loudly."

[Summers] "Please? For me. And take the phone with you. Keep talking to me."

[Angel] "Hmmm? For you? Richaimo piu later, yeah?" The numbness started in her belly and spread, taking the pain with it.

[Summers] "Angel? Angel, say something!" Fuckfuckfuckfuck. "Angel!" he yelled. He smacked the receiver a few times. She must have fainted - the line's still connected. He waited until the line went dead, and dialed the number. He got a busy signal. "Figlio di merda!"
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

The next day...

Allesandro Salvatore was pissed. Now why was the phone not working? He stalked through the halls of his father's house in Palermo, checking every room with a phone.

He paused outside the door to Angelina's room and knocked. She was probably still asleep. She'd been kind of dragging lately, he'd noticed. Maybe she'd nodded off talking to that gallito boyfriend of hers. He knocked one more time before opening the door. "Aaangeliiina, buon giorno, nipote bimba; sono le due--"

He cut off as the the door swung open, giving him a view of the bed. Instead of his niece, all he saw was a white bundle of...something. He would have thought she was simply wrapped in sheets if he hadn't known the sheets on her bed were blue. "Angelina!"

Angel heard a voice calling her name. "Mmmm, ten more minutes, si?" Something nagged in the back of her mind though, forcing her to awaken. Something hard was pressed into her ear, and she opened her eyes, immediately screaming.

"Angel!" Alex called, at her bedside in an instant as she scrambled inside a -- what the fuck was that? A cocoon! She was panicking, screaming and crying until she broke a fist through the thready-looking surface.

"Notagainnotagainnotagain!" She sat up, the phone receiver dropping to her lap as she peeled bits of the sticky cocoon from her face. Looking down at her pajamas, fresh tears errupted. What the hell? Were they melted? The fabric was disintigrating in her hands. She looked up at Alex, stricken. "Why?"

He picked up the receiver and dropped it in its cradle and went back to her. "Non capisco, Bambina," he said sadly, helping her free herself from the mess. He stopped after lifting some cocoon mixed with her ruined shirt from her back. "Uh, Angelina..."

Her wings -- they were back. Angel twisted, trying to get a look at her own back, and ruffled her wings upward experimentally. There they were -- as if they'd never been gone! Her mind boggled. "How?"

"Angelina, I don't know what to say..." The phone rang and Alex snapped it up. "Pronto!"

"Thank God!" said the panicky male voice on the other end of the line, before it degenerated into a garbled mix of English and bad Italian he couldn't understand.

Scott. "Oh -- it's you." He listened to the boy babble a moment longer before cutting him off. "Scott, Basta! Look, I understand you're upset, si? But I must go, Angelina needs me."

"Is she okay? Please, I've been waiting for hours -- I was worried!"

He softened a bit at the boy's anxious tone. "Si, Scott. She seems... okay. It's complicated, yes?" He looked down at Angel, who was still shaking, picking bits of the thready cocoon material from her hair.

"Did her wings grow back?" Scott asked. "Is she okay? Please just tell me she's not dying."

Dying? "No, no, Scott -- she is," he took in the returned wings. "She is just different, yes?"

Angel took a deep breath and finally focused on what Alex was saying. Oh my God -- Scott! "L'me talk to him!"

"Different? How different?" Scott slid down the wall until he was sitting with his legs outstretched.

"Allora, her --" Alex cut off as Angel held her hand out for the phone, shaking it for emphasis. He pursed his lips and handed it over. Hard-headed girl.

"Scott? Mi dispiace, er, I'm sorry! I'm okay!" She twisted the phone cord in her hand, the events of a few hours ago slowly returning. Had she really passed out on the phone with him?

"Angel, ringrazi il Dio!" Scott bit off an angry stream of 'why didn't you tell anyone sooner.' "I love you, Angel."

Her heart clenched. "I-I love you too." Angel bit her lip, unconsciously fluttering her new wings. It felt so weird to have them back. "My wings are back, Scott. It's just- I'm just - I don't know, it's confusing. I'll call you later, okay?"

After a stunned moment he agreed, hanging up after she promised to call him back.

She looked up at Alex, tears leaking down her cheeks. "What do I do now, zio?"
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Have you ever seen the movie 'The Fly'.....
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Blog: Sorry about the fuss...

Oh, wow.... I'm so sorry everybody was worried. And touched....wow. I still don't think Scott believes I'm okay, but I'm okay. I think I'm more than okay -- My wings are back!

And they WORK! I dunno why I should be so happy about that but I am! I can fly again and everything’s cool! Well, I needs to practice again and all, but I’m babbling aren’t i? It’s pretty fucking weird, but GREAT! And it’s a looong story.

Okay, it’s actually pretty gross, cause I felt like hell yesterday... and I guess everybody knows about the phone thing after Scott..... yeah. Well, I woke up this mornignt in another one of those fucking cocoony things. I was PISSED! But then I realized they had just…. came back overnight! How WEIRD is THAT?!! I guess butterflies do that, but…

And my family? I thought they’d FREAK when they saw the wings and so alex told them first, but everybody was cool witht it. They just thought it was pretty neat and was happy I was happy.

I never thought I’d miss them as much as I did. I ain’t even pissed to have to put wingholes in my new clothes! Well, maybe a little…
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Yes, yes I have. :P My husband suggested she Brundlefly out.