Soundtrack for Nightcrawler

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
psychonaut
Lubber
Lubber

Post by psychonaut »

Hello all!

Firstly I wanted to say I am enjoying the site so much. There are many subjects I'd like to bring up, but being so new, I always search to see if it is old hat-- then I end up reading all kinds of interesting stuff and an hour has gone by. So if this is not an original idea, just let me know!

I thought it might be interesting to see if people here on the board know of any songs that remind them of Nightcrawler. It could be one that expresses how they feel about him, or one that could be from his point of view, or an instrumental that makes you think of him.... whatever! I thought it might be nice to compile these songs as a CD, make copies and send them out to whoever wants one, or if there is a file-downloading place where we could make the songs available and download them ourselves. Maybe we could include a few words about why we chose the song. :whistle

Let me know if anyone would be interested in participating, or if you have a song like that. I can think of at least one. And NO "I'm Blue!!!" :yech
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Goo Goo Doll's "Iris" fits him perfectly. Beautiful, dramatic and elegant and the lyrics almost seem tailored for him. When I read the scene with him and Storm air-dancing, that was the song I had in my head. It even has the rhythm of a waltz.

[Edited on 17/11/06 by love_of_bob]
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Originally posted by love_of_bob
Goo Goo Doll's "Iris" fits him perfectly. Beautiful, dramatic and elegant and the lyrics almost seem tailored for him. When I read the scene with him and Storm air-dancing, that was the song I had in my head. It even has the rhythm of a waltz.

[Edited on 17/11/06 by love_of_bob]
That's been one of my Kurt songs for ages. I'm with you that it could almost have been written with him in mind. I've actually got a pretty sizeable playlist tailored for when I'm writing Kurt stuff, either fic or RP. The Muppets Professional Pirate should definitely be on any Kurt playlist, methinks. ;)
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

For some reason, Ill Nino's How Can I Live allways reminds me of NC
not the lyrics but the music itself.
BobbyDrake
Lubber
Lubber

Post by BobbyDrake »

Always, i imagine the teleport sequency of nightcrawler while play "seven nation army" of White Stripers

[Editado em 28/11/06 por BobbyDrake]
psychonaut
Lubber
Lubber

Post by psychonaut »

It's nice to see some interest in this compilation. I know there is at least one site that lets you upload material, then it is available for downloading for a limited time. Or I would be willing to mail out burned CDs to people if it didn't end up costing me a crazy amount.

Any ideas on the best way to go about this project? I'm not the most technical person, but I would love to see this come to pass.
Technical Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Rogue PHP Script

Post by Technical Administrator »

psychonaut, such a compilation would without a doubt be illegal; I suggest you review United States copyright law. Do not request help from Nightscrawlers members or staff, please, and do not link such a project to or from Nightscrawlers.

Thank you,

Nightscrawler's Technical Administrator
on behalf of the Executive Admin Team
psychonaut
Lubber
Lubber

Post by psychonaut »

Blarg... of course, you're right. :shakeno A thousand apologies.

*feeling like an utter moron*

edit: At least if folks share their songs, the rest of us can go out and buy them if interested. Thanks to those who have.

[Edited on 11/29/0606 by psychonaut]
williamcreed
Lubber
Lubber

Post by williamcreed »

megahertz gott sein

Rammstien Schtiel

enomine lord's prayer
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja williamcreed
megahertz gott sein

Rammstien Schtiel

enomine lord's prayer
What?
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

There is a way to do this that is legal...ish.

iTunes allows you to make playlists for anyone who wants to purchase the songs you have compiled.

There would be nothing wrong with having a "Nightscrawlers Compilation" of songs that remind the members of Nightscrawlers of Nightcrawler on iTunes. This of course would not be free, but it also wouldn't violate any copyright laws either as you'll be using a pre-configured rights management architecture (iTunes playlists)

Anyone with an iTunes account can make a play list available for purchase. So if you're serious about such a project - I would suggest looking into iTunes and then organizing a song list to put together.

-e
psychonaut
Lubber
Lubber

Post by psychonaut »

Thanks for what sounds like a great and viable solution. I am not familiar wtih Itunes but I will have to check it out! I'll let you know how it works out. Muchas gracias!
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I think "Welcome to my Life" by Simple Plan is a pretty good match.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Definitely the soundtrack to the Sea Hawk!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

If you'd like to make a public playlist why not try making one on youtube? Accounts are free and I don't think there is anything illegal about doing that.

As for suggestions...

"Aargh" by the Wood's Tea Company - an upbeat song about pirates.

"Just like Errol Flynn";

And because I think Nightcrawler likes being the way he is:
Fuzzy and Blue

Fuzzy Dance! :dance
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

:D I really agree on Fuzzy and Blue. Ha ha, I thought that was soooo funny. Just like Errol Flynn is also very Kurty. I have a question (a bit of subject I know): How many posts do you need to earn more stars / change your headline from lubber?

[Edited on 12/1/07 by Bamfing_Bob]
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Bamfing_Bob: 50 posts.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Thanks Northstar! By the way, I envy your multitude of gold stars.
Stripes
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Stripes »

I've always thought that Mariah Carrie's "Hero" was perfect for Kurt, it talks about being a hero and not being afraid of who he is.

Stripes
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I’m bringing sexy back
You mother fuckers watch how I attack
If that’s your girl better watch your back
Cause she’ll burn it up for me and that’s a fact

...nah, I wish.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

I would like to add that I've come to associate AoA Kurt with the Matrix soundtrack and Ultimate Kurt with the soundtrack for Run Lola Run.
Jolinare
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jolinare »

crucify by tori amos reminds me of the gentle catholic film kurt.
j
Fuzzyelf16
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Fuzzyelf16 »

hehe just being retarded, but I would have to say Blue by Eiffel 65 ^-^
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

You know, there are fanvids on youtube with Kurt using that song as a background. I love them!!
Jolinare
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jolinare »

indeed. its the blindingly obvious choice. like when people can't manage to title a warren fic without using the word 'angel' or an angel related cliche. gr.

I think kurt would dig moya brennan actually. her music is very gentle and he would be interested in the religious side of her lyrics aswell.

and in fact the pirates of the carribean soundtrack for both the swashing and the buckling.
j