Nightcrawler's stats on Marvel.com

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

All the leadership stuff... Rogue is leading the X-Men now and I've always thought she was dumb as a bag of hammers.
And their leadership styles are polar opposites. In Excalibur, Kurt thought before he acted, he didn't take unnecessary risks (but he did take necessary ones, like when he threw Rachel into the mouth of an energy-draining creature about to eat them in Excalibur #16, causing it to be destroyed from power overload), he paid great heed to the well-being of his teammates, soothing the conflicts and fusing them together as a team. The conflict with Brian could very well have torn the team apart, had Kurt acted like most people would. But he didn't. He also showed great self-awareness and ability to adapt.

Rogue takes huge risks. That's her thing - that she's unpredictable. Sometimes, that comes in handy, but I wouldn't call it a very good leadership trait, overall. And as we can see in X-men right now, it's all coming back to bite her in the buns. It's an entertaining style, for sure, but not very practical.

So while having a leadership role in itself isn't proof of intelligence, how you handle it is. And Kurt handled his very well.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Originally posted by Angelique
Bobby is on Rogue's team.
Yep, and as of X-Men 200 it was implied he was put in charge of that team by Cyclops. ;) We'll see where that goes since he had an obvious lapse in judgement trusting Raven, but Carey has said several times Iceman is never given the credit due him.
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Originally posted by Slarti Carey has said several times Iceman is never given the credit due him.
Then why did he have him sleep with Mystique??
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

LOL! Good point. Here's where I make the crack about men not using the head on their shoulders do the smart thinking. ;)

We'll see though - if the Mystique thing has a greater purpose I'll be even more impressed with Carey.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

For the record, I do like Iceman, generally. And I'm loving what's happening in X-men right now. Cheers, Bobby~ :LOL

Edit: Not meaning I like Bobby/Mystique. It sure was entertaining though. Yippee!

[Edited on 7-4-07 by Feuerstein]
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

They are saying Rogue is smarter than Nightcrawler?? :X
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Who knows? She may have absorbed the minds of 80 gazillion supergeniuses. Who are all nuts.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Well well, the Powers That Be saw it fit to review their ratings and changed stuff. We should now feel appeased! Nighty's new stats are:

Intelligence: 4
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Durability: 3
Energy Projection: 4
Fighting Skills: 6

(and fyi, Colossus has been bumped up from an Intelligence level of 2 to 3, putting him even with Kitty... I bet she'll be bumped up to a 4 soon.)
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Originally posted by Feuerstein
Well well, the Powers That Be saw it fit to review their ratings and changed stuff. We should now feel appeased! Nighty's new stats are:

Intelligence: 4
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Durability: 3
Energy Projection: 4
Fighting Skills: 6

(and fyi, Colossus has been bumped up from an Intelligence level of 2 to 3, putting him even with Kitty... I bet she'll be bumped up to a 4 soon.)
Well now, that's more like it. Isn't Kitty a genius, though? She should be higher than 4. But I won't waste my wrath on that.

Also, did everyone hear the announcement that Kurt will be brought back to his happy, swashbuckling persona?
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

On :kitty : She's a genius with computers and is still written as such, but she's also traditionally protrayed as a spoiled child. A really smart, spoiled child. (That's why I love her. She's unqiue, in spite of her huge slew of Mary-Sue stories.) I think she should have a 4 and move up to a 5 as she grows and matures. (Assuming she ever does. The downside of being Kitty: She's never allowed to do much growing! Heck, she's dating the same guy she dated when she was thirteen.)

And NO! I DID NOT! Where was this announcement? OMGOMG Do share!!! *clings and claws*
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Originally posted by Feuerstein
On :kitty : She's a genius with computers and is still written as such, but she's also traditionally protrayed as a spoiled child. A really smart, spoiled child. (That's why I love her. She's unqiue, in spite of her huge slew of Mary-Sue stories.) I think she should have a 4 and move up to a 5 as she grows and matures. (Assuming she ever does. The downside of being Kitty: She's never allowed to do much growing! Heck, she's dating the same guy she dated when she was thirteen.)
I agree. I preferred her with Wisdom, but I'm sure she could do better than him too.
And NO! I DID NOT! Where was this announcement? OMGOMG Do share!!! *clings and claws*
I just made a new thread about it.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

I'm with you. I was never too fond of Wisdom, but in Excalibur's latest issues (115-125) he started to grow on me a bit. He didn't have much time to develop as a character; for a while he was just like Kitty's Gambit. I haven't kept up with him in New Excalibur though so I have no idea how he's changed. At any rate, I'm not anti-Kiotr, but the relationship just doesn't make all that much sense to me. I don't want to see her with Wisdom, but there's gotta be someone more on Kitty's level for her.

*giggles* *goes to look* :dance