Mad Libs and Mysteries

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Mad Libs and Mysteries

Post by Rowena »

Hi Everyone!

I have some really awesomely fantastic brilliantly fabulous news!!! :D

My little mystery story, the one I had posted here until Ranger Rick agreed to buy it last year and I took it down, will appear in its edited, shiny, FULLY ILLUSTRATED, form in THIS MONTH's issue of Ranger Rick magazine!!!!! :bounce

My story's title is "THE GHOST IN ROOM 113" and it's on pages 12-14 of the March 2009 Ranger Rick, which has a cute photo of a little orphan wildcat on the cover. If you happen to glimpse that fluffy little serval kitten while you're browsing through the magazines at your local bookstore or library this month, please pick it up and flip through the pages beneath. My story's in there!!! :D :bounce :D

After they accepted my mystery story, Ranger Rick asked me to write a few Mad Libs for them. You can find one of them here:

http://www.nwf.org/rrgreenzone/

Click where it says "Silly Story Maker," fill in the blanks, and you can read my green Mad Lib. The neat thing about this little story is it's different for every person! :D

I'm currently working on a few other writing projects, including another assignment for Ranger Rick which will probably be appearing in print sometime next year. I'll keep you posted! :D

Don't forget, it's "THE GHOST IN ROOM 113" in the MARCH 2009 issue of RANGER RICK magazine: the very first story I ever wrote that people everywhere can go to the library, or even the book store, and look up!!! :bounce :read :bounce

:dance :monkey :banana :monkey :dance

:bamf
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Mad Libs and Mysteries

Post by steyn »

Hurray! Incredibly slim chance that that magazine will be anywhere near my part of town, but hurray nonetheless for you.
Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Mad Libs and Mysteries

Post by Bamfsticks »

I think my Mom gets Ranger Rick for her class room, so I will def check it out.
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Mad Libs and Mysteries

Post by neling4 »

Congratulations Rowena! I'll have to check that out at my library. I love a good ghost story.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Mad Libs and Mysteries

Post by Angelique »

Congrats! As my kids enjoyed that story the first time they saw it, I think it wouldn't be too much for me to spring for a copy.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Mad Libs and Mysteries

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

You're going great girl! Congrats!
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Mad Libs and Mysteries

Post by Elfdame »

Congrats!! I'll email our mutual friend (from the Highlights thingy) and let her know ... she could use a boost. And will certainly draw it to the attention of my local librarian (the guy who put my Spidey collection in the display case ... obviously a nice person).

WOO - HOO !!!! :read:clap:worship:dance
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Mad Libs and Mysteries

Post by neling4 »

I read your story at the library today, Rowena. Congratulations again on being published.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Mad Libs and Mysteries

Post by Rowena »

Awesome!!!

Thank you all so very, very much! I really appreciate your support, especially when this story was just a rough draft I had posted in Not-Crawler stories. Your comments on this and all my stories really helped give me the confidence I needed to send my stuff out there and now it's started to pay off I'm going to keep writing and keep trying. Thanks again, you guys and this site are so great! Yay Nightscrawlers!!! :D :D :D
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Mad Libs and Mysteries

Post by Elfdame »

I took one of the Juniors to the library yesterday, and we looked it up. Great work!
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."