4/3 Instance: Promises

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

timeline feb 14th

Sam: Sam leaned across the small blanket he'd set up with food, setting a plate down infront of her. He'd borrowed a couple of real plates, not thinking paper was all that romantic. Not that staying up in a loft of a barn at work was all that romantic...but still. It was private.

Rogue: Rogue smiled at him as he served her food and set down her plate. This was a really good idea. He always surprised her with stuff like this. She never would have thought about it. "Thanks, sug." She picked up her glass and took a sip before unfolding her napkin and draping it across her legs. "This is real nice, darlin'."

Sam: "Well it's dinner." He gave her a small smile. "Ah'm sorry Ah can't take you to a really fancy place or somethin'. And everywhere else is kinda...well crowded and Ah figured this was nicer. At least we can talk like normal and you can eat with your bare hands and things."

Rogue: "Who said Ah'd wanna go ta a really fancy place, darlin'? Ah don't need any o' that." She grinned, "This is a lot nicer, f' sure." Rogue waggled her bare fingers at him, "No grease stains is a marvelous thing. However... don't think bein' 'round people woulda stopped me from talkin' normal. Y'all should know that by now."

Sam: "Ah do." He said wryly, taking a bite of the food himself. "Ah should have said 'talk freely without me gettin' embarrassed to heck and back'."

Rogue: "Aww, but it's cute when ya blush, darlin'." She gave him a sly grin then took a couple of bites of the food. "This is really delicious, darlin'. Did y'all cook it? Have those lessons with me paid off?"

Sam: He laughed. "Well Ah don't burn things anymore...usually." He quickly ammended. "But no, Ah picked this up to order. Ah'm not that good. And, besides which, that means Ah won't have to worry about dishes or anythin' after all this. Just you, right?"

Rogue: "Ah think Ah like that plan. Y'all worryin' 'bout just me. Way Ah see it, Ah wouldn'ta let ya go do dishes anyhow." She smirked. "Ah still cain't believe we've made it over a year. That's amazin' ta me. Two Valentine's Days with tha same man. Hell, with any man."

Sam: He snorted, knowing that she was referring to leaving but he didn't want to get on that horse right now. "Why? Figured you'd be with a girl?" He turned a sassy grin on her.

Rogue: "Sam!" She tossed a small bit of her roll at his face, "That ain't even nice." She had to grin at the look on his face though. "Y'all wouldn't like that anyhow. 'Cause that'd mean Ah wouldn't be here with y'all."

Sam: "Of course not. But it don't matter because you are with me." There was a fine trace of smugness in there. "And yeah we're...we love each other a lot, right." He'd been about to say 'pretty serious' but that'd bring the whole thing up about her running again, most likely, so he switched it out. At least he was learning.

Rogue: "That's right. Ah am with y'all. Don't think Ah'd have it any other way, neither." She smiled at him, "Well, Ah cain't speak f' y'all, even though Ah'm bettin' ya feel tha same, but Ah know that Ah love ya more'n Ah thought possible."

Sam: "Yeah." He set his fork down for a minute and leaned across to gently kiss her. "Ah know what you mean. And Ah'm glad of it."

Rogue: She kissed him back and smiled at him before giving him another soft kiss, "Me too. Don't think Ah'd be who Ah am t'day if y'all'd never come here."

Sam: "Ah don't see how you've changed, other than you're maybe trustin' me more. You're the same nice girl. Unless someone ticks you off." He gave her a wink and sat back. "You didn't really change anythin' Marie. Just got less scared maybe."

Rogue: "An' that's a big thing f' me, darlin'. Ah likely wouldn't even still be here if it weren't f' y'all. Woulda run off an' stayed gone." She tilted her head a bit, "Ah sleep easier at night 'cause o' y'all. Ah'm happier durin' tha day 'cause o' y'all. Ya don't realize how much ya've done f' me, Sam. Mah entire world'd be different if y'all weren't in it."

Sam: Brow creasing a little he looked down at his plate, sighing a bit. "Ah'm glad...but Ah wish Ah wasn't the reason. Ah wish that you just liked it here. Just trusted more Ah guess. Ah'm worried about you hurtin' yourself."

Rogue: That made her frown a bit, what she'd said was a good thing she thought... "Ah do like it here... But it ain't in mah nature ta stick 'round anywhere too long." She leaned down a bit to try and catch his eyes, "What do ya mean 'hurtin' mahself'?"

Sam: "Well, runnin' off you know? Jumpin' from place to place, stealin' what you gotta eat." He pushed the food around on his plate. "That's hurtin'. It ain't any kinda life Ah'd want for you."

Rogue: Rogue set her fork down and sat back a bit, silent for a minute as she let that sink in and tried to gather her thoughts for a response. "It ain't hurtin', Sam. It's freein'. Ah like it. Just 'cause y'all cain't see yaself doin' it, doesn't mean it ain't right f' some people." She sighed and looked down at her plate, "If that's how ya feel, then why ain't ya happy that Ah'm still here, even if y'all are tha reason?"

Sam: "Ah am happy. Ah just don't want to be the only reason, you know? Ah want you to do this because you wanna...not just because of me. For me." He caught her hand. "Ah'm probably explainin' this all wrong, you know?"

Rogue: "Ah guess so... 'Cause Ah sure as hell don't understand it." She frowned at him, "But maybe Ah said it wrong... Ah like mah life how it is now... Ah don't want mah entire world ta be different 'cause that'd mean y'all wouldn't be in it."

Sam: "Ah can understand that better." He gave her a smile. "Ah like the sound of that a lot better. And Ah can agree to that full force."

Rogue: Rogue smiled back then chewed her lip a bit. "Glad of it." She leaned in to kiss him on the cheek then sat back, giving his hand a squeeze before letting go to pick her fork back up. "C'mon now, cain't let our food get cold."

Sam: "Now that wouldn't be like me, would it." Laughing he dug back into his meal, watching her as she ate. Another good thing about the whole 'relationship lasting over a year' thing was he wasn't so self concious about the simple things anymore, like eating piles of food or worrying he had something stuck in his teeth or anything. It was nice.

Rogue: She laughed with him at that and shook her head a bit before going back to her own food. Every so often, she would glance over at him, giving him a shy smile. She loved being here with him like this. She took a sip of her drink and watched him watching her over the rim of the glass. She loved that look in his eyes. A year ago, she never would have thought she'd see him look so comfortable with her.

Rogue: Rogue had to laugh at that thought as she put her glass down. A year ago, she would have laughed in anyone's face who told her she would be this comfortable with him. Or with anyone.

Sam: Setting he fork down with a clatter he gave her a semi-amused look. "What? Ah do somethin' funny?" He ran a tongue over his teeth. "Ah don't have anythin' stuck in mah teeth do Ah?"

Rogue: "No, Rebel." She smiled at him, "Ya ain't got nothin' in ya teeth. Ah was just thinkin' 'bout how comfortable y'all look when ya look at me... An' how a year ago, Ah'd never have guessed ya would look that way. Then Ah had ta laugh 'cause Ah wouldn'ta thought tha same thing 'bout mahself."

Sam: "Oh Ah looked, Ah know, but you're right. Usually not without goin' pretty red in the face. You, on the other hand, didn't have that problem at all."

Rogue: "Just 'cause Ah had fun flirtin' an' teasin' didn't mean Ah was comfortable... Ah never woulda believed anybody if they told me we'd be where we are now."

Sam: "Just another thing we got in common then." He scootched closer to her. "Ah mean, you'd think belivin' you could fly would be the harder thing to grasp, but no...it's that Ah got the prettiest girl ever to be with me."

Rogue: Rogue blushed at that and couldn't fight the grin as she looked down at her lap, "Flattery'll getcha nowhere, Sam." She glanced up at him with a softer smile than the grin had been a moment ago. "Ah love you, sugah. Ah think that's what's amazin' ta me... That Ah'm in love with tha most amazin' man Ah've ever laid eyes on an' he loves me, too."

Sam: "Now who's blushin'!" He laughed at her and gave her a kiss on her forehead. Reaching in behind a box he fished out a plainly wrapped gift. "Ah, um. Got you a little somethin'."

Rogue: Rogue arched an eyebrow as she took the box, "What is it?" She gave it a tiny playful shake with a grin at him before unwrapping it. Her brow creased a bit as she saw the box underneath the wrapping that was most certainly for jewelry. Rogue pulled the lid up and immediately smiled. Her fingers ran over the chain down to the heart pendant at the bottom.

Rogue: "It's beautiful, Sam. Thank ya," she leaned over to kiss him then handed him the necklace once it was free of the box. "Put it on me?"

Sam: "Well, it's nothin' really fancy." He flicked the clasp open with his thumb, trying to keep the small parts from twisting in his fingers as he looped it around her neck. "But Ah couldn't think of a prettier place to put it."

Rogue: "Ah don't need fancy, darlin'. Ah already told y'all that." She held her hair up for him as he clasped it together. When he finished, she dropped her hair and looked down at it, touching her fingertips to the heart. "Ah love it just as it is. Fancy'r not, it's beautiful." She turned to kiss him again. "Time f' y'all's then, Ah guess." Rogue chewedd her lip as she dug his out from where she'd hidden it. She was a bit nervous about it.

Sam: "Mine?" He gave her a sideways look. "Valentines really is about the girl, you know darlin'. You're supposed to let me woo you."

Rogue: Rogue grinned, "Is not. An' besides, this is kinda a combination of ya birthday an' valentine's day. So don't complain or Ah won't give it ta ya." She held the wrapped box behind her back as she arched an eyebrow at him. "Do ya want it'r not?"

Sam: "Ah'm gettin' to want a whole lot of things seein' you with that look in your eye darlin'." He wrapped his arms around her and blew in her ear before plucking the giftwrapped package from her fingers. "Ah wouldn't want to disappoint though." He unwrapped it, frowning for only a second at the ring box, his eyes flicking up to hers before he opened it.

Sam: A silver band rested in it, plainish at first glance till he noticed the fire like engraving that went all the way around it. "It's...nice." Not pretty. Plainly meant for a guy with it's thick band, but he'd still never worn a ring in his life. "Ah like it."

Rogue: "Yeah?" She looked at him a bit skeptically as he examined it. "Ah thought 'bout y'all when Ah saw it... That fiery look made me think 'bout y'all's powers." Rogue took a deep breath, "An' Ah thought it'd be nice... Kinda like a...um... a promise. But not." Ok, she sucked at explaining. Of course, it didn't make it any easier that she wasn't sure he really liked it or not.

Sam: The ring hit the wood floor of the loft with a metallic chime. He knelt quickly to retrieve it before it could roll away. "Um. Um. A what?" He wasn't sure he was hearing what he was hearing.

Rogue: Rogue chewed her lip and looked down at her plate. "Well... Kinda like a promise ring only with a slightly different meanin'. Normal ones promise marriage. This one'd promise that ya mine an' that Ah ain't leavin'." She glanced up and added quickly, "But if ya don't like it, it can be just a normal ring, that's ok, too. Or Ah could take it back an' get somethin' else, even."

Sam: "No, Ah like it. Ah like it a lot." He studied her face. "Ah was thinkin' you meant...well the other thing." Even if he'd not heard of a guy being given one before...

Rogue: She gave a nervous laugh, "Ah ain't sure Ah'd be able ta stomach that one, Sam..."

Sam: His eyebrows went up. "Ah'm not sure how to take that comment. But Ah do like this promise that you're givin' me."

Rogue: "Ah didn't mean it bad..." She frowned, this whole thing was not going as well as she'd thought it would. "Ah just meant that it'd make me feel a bit sick ta think 'bout somethin' like that... With anybody. It ain't nothin' 'bout y'all..." Ugh, again... Sucking at explaining. "Ah'm glad ya like it though. Does it fit? Ah just kinda guessed at tha size..."

Sam: He looked to the ring in his hand. "Ah dunno." Seeming as she didn't mean it as a pre-engagement sort of thing he figured that meant it was not for his left hand so he sized it up with his eye and slid it home on the ring finger of his right. "Yup. You got a good eye for this sorta thing, Marie."

Rogue: She smiled at him, "Oh, good. An' thanks. Figured if it was a bit big f' mah thumb, it'd fit y'all alright." She took his hand in hers and admired the ring on it. "Looks right nice."

Sam: "It does." He turned so her hand was in his, rubbing the back of her bare fingers with his thumb. "Thank you darlin'. It was a real nice idea."

Rogue: "Gotta tell ya, Ah was a bit worried. Thought ya might think it meant... Ya know, what ya thought it meant... An' be upset when it wasn't." She chewed her lip but leaned in to kiss him gently on the lips, "Ah'm glad ya ok with it not meanin' that."

Sam: "Ah'm not upset." He shrugged. "Things'll just come as they come, won't they?"

Rogue: She gave him an adoring smile. How did she ever manage to get a hold of someone so wonderful? "Ah love you, Sam Guthrie. So much."

Rogue: She picked his hand up and kissed his ring then turned it over and kissed the palm of his hand. "Thank y'all."

Sam: He returned the smile with more than a bit of relief. Ok, well at least she'd not argued against there never being a possibility. "You wanna go out for a small walk? Or you more into headin' home?"

Rogue: "Ah'll do whatever y'all wanna, Rebel." She cupped his cheek and looked in his eyes for a minute, just smiling before leaning in to give him a lingering kiss. She was the luckiest woman alive for sure. When she pulled back she set her hands in her lap and just watched him, waiting for him to decide.

Sam: "You will?" He chuckled. "That mean for the night or do Ah get the say so for longer?"

Rogue: Rogue hadn't thought about that coming back at her so she had to laugh and just blink in surprise for a moment before she actually thought about an answer. "Y'all get tha say f' tha next twenty-four hours." She looked down at her watch, "Startin' now."

Sam: Sighing melodramatically he shook his head. "Suppose it's too good to be true that you'd listen for more then that. But Ah'll take it."

Rogue: "How long did ya want it f'?" She cocked an eyebrow at him and brought her fingers up to play with the pendant on her neck absent-mindedly.

Sam: He ducked his head a bit and a small smile curled up to the side. "Think that's gonna be one of those things we'll have to see as they come, darlin'. Ah can say a long while though, that's for sure."

Rogue: "Ok then. We'll do whatever y'all wanna f' as long as Ah can stand it. Good 'nough?"

Sam: She wasn't quite understanding what he meant, but it was close enough that he'd take it. "Sounds fantastic."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

*love is not in right now, she's fainted from all the cute that is Sam/Rogue. Leave a message and she'll get back to you once she's woken up.*
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com