6/18 Instance: Political Machine

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

6/18 Instance: Political Machine

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline

<Shaw> Scotch in hand and at his usual place at the bar, Sebastian surveyed his little kingdom. While this wasn't exactly home sweet home, it was more comfortable than Pittsburgh. Or familiar, at least.

<Pryor> "So, Sebastian, how was your trip?" Madelyne fell into place beside him a moment after she spoke. "I'm sorry I missed you on my little tour. Although I'm sure the students wouldn't have been near as candid with a staff member there. I think they're a bit jumpy."

<Shaw> "Madelyne, my dear," he greeted her with a raise of his glass and a smile. "Oh, you know, it was Pittsburgh. While I'm sorry I missed the singular experience of you at Xavier's it probably was for the best. I tend to make the students jumpy myself."

<Tony> "Clearly you're both doing something wrong then," Tony stated as he leaned against the bar on the other side of Shaw, waving for the bartender to get him a drink. "Also, your trip was that exciting, huh?"

<Pryor> "Well, Tony, I didn't know you had such ways with the younger generations...or do you just make sure they're liqoured up to put them at ease?" Madelyne teased, raising her glass to him.

<Shaw> "Well, the trip had its moments," he smirked at Tony, then glanced back at Madelyne with a chuckle and pointed with his glass to Tony. "Aha, she knows you too well, my friend."

<Tony> "Only the ones that aren't taken with my stunning personality," Tony smirked back over to the pair before giving the bartender a nod of thanks for the drink. Lifting his glass from the bar, he took a small sip, placed it back down, and gave a slight shrug as he easily added, "I don't know... We could get to know each other better..."

<Shaw> Sebastian masked his grin in his glass at Tony's move.

<Pryor> "And here I thought we only wanted to get in bed with one another politically." Madelyne deadpanned and looked over at Tony consideringly. "What would you say, Sebastian, a decent idea?"

<Tony> Tony reached for his glass, taking a long sip. As he did this, he raised his eyebrows, leveling Sebastian with an expectant look as if to say 'don't fuck this up, bro'.

<Shaw> Catching the look, he wondered if Tony had paid any attention at all when he'd told him of his past with Madelyne. Of course not. "There are many advantages to a close relationship." He glanced back toward Madelyne with a smirk. "As you well know."

<Pryor> "There is at that but it does seem to verge on perhaps a bit too sudden. He does have a bit of a reputation as well." Madelyne couldn't help but smirk into her drink as well.

<Tony> Tony had paid attention, but that didn't mean she was completely off-limits, right? By his line of reasoning, Sebastian was still attached to whatsherface, so that meant Madelyne was fair game. "A bit of a fantastic reputation," he amended as he stared down into the glass, swirling the contents. "However, I suppose the media would have more of a field day than they already are with you."

<Shaw> "Oh, I don't know, I could see it being as advantageous as it is damning to both of you." Sebastian looked back and forth between his two comrades, wondering how he'd literally and figuratively ended up in the middle. "Perhaps, Tony, you should drop Rhodey for something a little more... bankable." He over-annunciated that last word with a predatory smile.

<Pryor> "That would be a pretty bold move there. Though, if you weren't completely on board with that I'm sure there are other jobs to fill we might arrange while we're still in the beginning stages?"

<Tony> Tony's gaze drifted from Sebastian to Madelyne as he gave this prospect more consideration than he likely should. "As tempting as it is, I doubt Rhodey or Sam would be pleased with the arrangement, so I suppose I'll have to hear all about these other jobs."

<Shaw> Oh, look at this - building bridges. Sebastian took the opportunity to take a long sip of his scotch and look over the club floor again for Jessica.

<Pryor> "It takes a lot of people to fill up a cabinet. I'm sure Sam would work in somewhere as well." Madelyne glanced to Sebastian briefly. "Are we boring you talking shop?"

<Tony> "It couldn't be any more boring than the shop he teaches," he commented before taking another sip and continuing, "I'm sure Rhodey would as well, however that doesn't mean he'd be happy about it... Though, I'm sure arrangements could be made."

<Shaw> "Not at all," he said, wrenching his attention back. "And I wouldn't be so certain, Tony. That school is certainly full of surprises, as you are no doubt aware." Sebastian put on a toothy smile for his old friend. "Your daughter is an absolute joy in class, as I'm sure you can imagine."

<Shaw> "Whichever one of you ends up on top, so to speak, it can only be an improvement." He swirled the liquid in his glass, gazing at it contemplatively. "God help us if Osborn swings this."

<Pryor> "Norman is a relic. I'm sure he will have good military backing but you've that as well with Rhodes." She inclined her head to Tony. "And any decent businessman would be more apt to go with you...of course, the indecent ones you'll have to schmooze a little extra."

<Tony> "As much of a joy as she is outside of it, I would think," Tony commented, shooting a smirk Madelyne's way, "I think I'm up for some extra schmoozing if it means I'm on top."

<Shaw> Sebastian chuckled and inclined his head in agreement with Tony's comment, then sat back to let them eye each other. "Oh, I believe you would be surprised at how often Madelyne ends up on top."

<Pryor> "Considering I was talking about schmoozing Norman's potential support I'd rather not be on top or bottom in that scenario. There is only so far a person can carry this innuendo without it getting a bit disgusting."

<Tony> "Well, I would say she's more likely to end up on top with Norman's support because..." Wait. That comment likely wouldn't be appreciate, so he stopped himself. However, that didn't stop his gaze from drifting downwards while he backtracked, "But, I imagine the whole mutant bit would kill any potential for that happening."

<Shaw> He flashed her an entirely disgusting smile at that and took another sip of his scotch. Oh, well done, Tony. He barely disguised his snort.

<Pryor> "Because if they were on top they'd give themselves a heart attack? More than likely. And you're correct on the latter part as well." Madelyne had to hide another snort in her drink.

<Tony> Tony forced his gaze to wander back to the glass of scotch in his hand, "Well, unlike them, I'm not prone to any heart conditions or bigotry."

<Shaw> "Perhaps I should leave you two alone," he chuckled.

<Pryor> "You do seem to have lead me to an easy one, Sebastian."

<Shaw> "His reputation precedes him."

<Pryor> "But I think you and I can certainly do business together, wouldn't you say, Tony?"

<Tony> He'd been taking a long drink, draining his glass, and placed it back down on the bar as he nodded, his best grin firmly in place, "Oh, of course. I'd say you could join, Sebastian, but... Well, I like the idea of alone..."

<Shaw> "Oh, don't worry about me," he smirked. "I'm always on top, and never alone."

<Pryor> "...are you now?"

<Shaw> "Well, perhaps not this very second..." He finished his drink and set his empty glass on the bar as he got up. "Soon to be remedied, however."

<Pryor> "I was more meaning the always on top. Shall we leave you for that, then?" Madelyne teased, putting her finished glass down.

<Tony> "Ah, yes. You still have your cling-on, which is either worrying or impressive. I haven't decided which," Tony said as he waved for another drink. Regardless, Sebastian still made the best wingman. Looking to Madelyne, he asked, "Another for you as well?"

<Shaw> "Oh, definitely. Figuratively if not literally, at any rate," he said, taking Madelyne's hand and giving it a kiss. Sebastian gave Tony a knowing smirk. "Perhaps a bit of both. I hope you both have a very pleasurable evening, however it ends."

<Pryor> "I never turn down an offered drink here as long as I'm sure nobody's trying to poison me." Madelyne inclined her head to Sebastian. "I'm sure I'll be seeing you later, Sebastian. Until then."