I CAN"T WAIT FOR NIGHTY'S X3 OUTFIT!!!

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Discordia88
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Discordia88 »

I know I've touched on this subject before, but I am so anxious to see if he keeps the trenchcoat and striped pants...Or if he goes with the oh-so-tight leather suit.....GRRRRRRR:eek
NightFlight
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by NightFlight »

I imagine he'll get a black leather uniform to wear to match the others, but it might be nice if he gets to have some red on it somewhere, in tribute to Dave's original design.
And though they tell you I am lost
and their words report my death is come
the fates have left me breathing still
very much alive
RavenRyo
Lubber
Lubber

Post by RavenRyo »

Im wondering if it's going to be a costume that allows us to see more of his details ie: Tail, feet, hands

Yea gotta love the tail:love
Where oh where oh where, is my teleporting power when I really need it? :bamf
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

I wish i can see him wearing a X uniform :D that will be amazing
And NightFlight your avvy is so cute!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

I figure that they would have something relatively close to the costume he's got now in the comic. No gloves, feet bare, maybe even halfway up the calves, and tail bare because it's such a damn pain to "sheathe" with that big spade at the end. I assume that the spade can curl "inwards" to make as small as the base of the tail when it fits through the hole in his trousers, but for them to sheathe it as a sleeve, he'd have to use a zipper or velcro or something ALL THE WAY UP TO THE TIP (as leather doesn't stretch worth a damn). If they gave him a "tail sleeve", he'd probably cut it off out of sheer annoyance. ("Stupid sleeve! It takes me twice as long to dress as anyone else...." )
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

lol point taken. i think he'll wear his striped pants around the mansion, where he can be comfortable. on missions, he'll have a leather uniform like the others. but i think he'd look good in a black leather trenchcoat with some red on it. he looks good in a trenchcoat.
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

And that trenchcoat does a dandy job of hiding his tail. It's so long that I just can't see MovieCrawler doing the "hide it down his pants leg" thing. A good duster covers up a multitude of "sins" ;) . Also, I'm sure the movie people love it too, because they don't have to constantly CG that tail, and Alan doesn't constantly have to wear that tail and harness set-up.

I'm looking around for specific books on how they did the special effects for X2, by the way. I picked up The Art of X2, but it didn't show much of that aspect. I want the nuts+bolts of the matter. Anyone have any ideas?
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

they'll probably have a lot of stuff about his tail and his make up on the DVD. but i cant wait til sepember 17th!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
fuzzy_lambada_dancer
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by fuzzy_lambada_dancer »

LET'S HAVE ALAN STRUTTING AROUND NAKED!!!! I'd go to that movie many, many, many times! GO NAKED!
I'm fine...but why are the gypsies dancing the lambada?

-Nightcrawler

I bite :bite, meep :eek, dance :tophat, and poke :pokejoke. That is my life. Go me!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by fuzzy_lambada_dancer
LET'S HAVE ALAN STRUTTING AROUND NAKED!!!! I'd go to that movie many, many, many times! GO NAKED!
Like Mystique? :D

To be honest, I remember Alan doing a little complaining that Rebecca had to do all her stuff naked and he was topless only once. Not that he wanted to strut his wiry stuff, but he thought it was kind of sexist how they paraded the woman around and deliberately avoided the men. Then they told him, "Alan, we have to hide all those harnesses we use on you for your stunts." :ooh Oh. O.K., then. He guessed he could deal with that.
fuzzy_lambada_dancer
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by fuzzy_lambada_dancer »

Ooooo....sniffff.......I WANT NAKEDNESS OF ALAN! He be sexy like Nighty.
I'm fine...but why are the gypsies dancing the lambada?

-Nightcrawler

I bite :bite, meep :eek, dance :tophat, and poke :pokejoke. That is my life. Go me!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

*pat pats Lambada on the back*

I don't think a trenchcoat will suit for his X outfit..and Cyclops already wears one..he needs something lighter so he can do his acrobatic movements propertly.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

It kind of seemed to me that *everyone* wore a trechcoat over their outfits when they were outside and not in a battle situation. Cyc did it, and so did Storm and Jean. They just shucked them when it was time to get down to business, It seemed they wore the trenchcoat as a low-level extra disguise. Of course, Kurt would need a LOT more than just that to come close to not standing out, let alone blend in. It must be hell to put makeup over such dark blue skin and not look like a cyotic, drowned man. That's probably why he looked pasty and washed out at the White House.

It had been mentioned that he learned how to use makeup from his time in the circus, which makes sense. I think that if he had enough time, he could make it look a lot more "skin-like" than that pasty, anemic, artificial look he slapped on for the White House operation.
LadyBamf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LadyBamf »

Maybe they'll get him an image inducer in X3?
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." -The Marauders

"Those who hear not the music...think the dancers mad." -Unknown

"Now, I'm getting into the coffin....and you will get in on top of me if you know whats good for you"
-Lestat
alancummingfan
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Banned

Post by alancummingfan »

that would be cool!then the real alan can be seen. and he's one sexy bi guy!
Proud Member # 2 Of The We Like To Edit Club!(WLTE)
Member #7 of the The Would Kiss Nighty With The Scary Movie Teeth(WKNWTSMT).
Read My New Diary!!!!!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

I'm one of those people who doesn't care very much for the image inducer. It's too much of a deux-ex-machina, and it invalidates a lot of Kurt's character by allowing him to blend in so seemlessly. Besides, considering how favorably he reacted to Mystique's "Because we shouldn't have to" comment, he may be a little less shy and self-conscious about his looks in the future.
alancummingfan
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Banned

Post by alancummingfan »

i agree with you, I said it would be cool bacause i want to see plain alan.I'm a big alan fan(my member name).But i do think it takes a little of nighty's character out.I've never even seen nighty out of his ture image.Is he cute?
Proud Member # 2 Of The We Like To Edit Club!(WLTE)
Member #7 of the The Would Kiss Nighty With The Scary Movie Teeth(WKNWTSMT).
Read My New Diary!!!!!
crow
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by crow »

I wanna see him in the leather.....But I still think a trench coat is also good......or......maybe the sexy black leather pants & a cool shirt!.
~CROW~
NightFlight
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by NightFlight »

I'm not a big fan of the image inducer, either. It's a too-convenient plot device, and Kurt quickly becomes too reliant on it, as seen on X-Men Evolution. Besides, the technology to produce a hologram of that believability doesn't currently exist, and they've been good about keeping things as real as possible in the movieverse.
And though they tell you I am lost
and their words report my death is come
the fates have left me breathing still
very much alive
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Melylott »

Yea, I'm excited about the next costume too. He only has one outfit! Even Cyke has more than that. And yay...DVD is Sept.!
:abyss Abyss's Number Two Fan! I Love Nils!!! :abyss
:austen
"The Shire is THAT way!"
---Frodo, One Ring to Rule Them All 2 (Greatest Flash EVAH!11)
#1 Fan of Blue!Jill. Sorry Bamfette. ^_^ :jillian
I love Wither!
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I dunno... It would be cool to have the outfit, but then there would be no more stripey pants
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Weellllll... I don't think he would wear the uniform all the time. Nobody else does, in either X1 or X2; at some point, all were out of costume. I would think they'd deliberately *want* to have him in things like the stripey pants, maybe have some comments about his showy, "bizzare" attire, for a bit of levity. Every show needs its gags, and I seriously doubt they'll use his "In the Munic Circus..." line again.
Sex_In_The_Night
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Sex_In_The_Night »

mmmmm black leather.........mmmmmm

*sexy*:naughty
marin the cherry popsicle
Lubber
Lubber

Post by marin the cherry popsicle »

im kinda agreein with nightflight...nighty's new uniform should resemble the old one, at least a little, in tribute to dave. just add some red to the current uniform. it'd look cool! the striped pants should most definitely be kept for when kurt's not in uniform. then again, he could just wear a towel for the whole movie. it'd save on the leather budget, and i think it would make some fans extremely happy! :):)
"Golly gee whiz Professor Xavier...I sure am sorry that Wolvie isn't a superior human being who can work out his problems internally like you -- isn't it like a crying shame that he has to resort to kicking over garbage cans and punching brick walls like the rest of us cerebrally underdeveloped homo-inferiors -- Gosh, it must be really terrific to have that much control over your emotions, but I guess that's what comes with all that brain-power, huh?"
-jubilee
hilowey
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by hilowey »

I am not an inducer fan but I wouldn't mind seeing just plain ol' Alan;) I love the trenchcoat and stripey pants but if they give him tight leather clothes, then how will they hide the harness?
"God sneezed. What could I say to Him?"- Henny Youngman

"In Los Angeles, McDonald's quickly reacted to the highway shootings. They came out with 'Happy To Be Alive Meals'"-Al Clethen

"What was the name of the little boy whose nuts grew every time he told a lie? Pistachio."-Tommy Sledge