Who Liked the Storm/Kurt Relationship?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Frankly, I hated Halle Berry and the Kurt and Storm thing never evolved into anything useful. But that's my opinion. I never liked her in the comics either.

My rendition of X-Treme X-Men Vol. 2
X-Men: Gambit's energy is being used to help aliens invade earth! He is in terrible pain and Storm is in no immediate danger with Kahn and the Earth relies on Gambit being either rescued or set freee. The answer is obvious...save Storm!
Me to Comic Book: No, you idiots! Save Gambit! Rogue, do something! Come on, you flamin' morons! (Throws book on ground.)

But maybe I'm just bitter because Gambit is my favorite next to Kurt...
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Nuclear Blue
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nuclear Blue »

I looove comic Storm, and movie Storm was all right too. I also loved the whole Storm/Nightie thing in the movie, it was very sweet and subtle.
"Ay carumba!...bet you thought I was going to say something cute in German, didn't you?"
-Nightcrawler
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

I'm not familiar with X-men Xtreme. Matter of fact, I stopped collecting the original Xmen before they went to Genosha in the late 1980s. *insert gray hairs here* But the Storm I knew for so many years was a leader and a class act.

In the comic, she and Kurt never really got together as more than good friends. However, the movie has done away with some of the comic's continuity, clearing the way for a possible romance between the two, and I think it's being handled well. It's not overt, and it is starting out relatively slow. Effectively, they were laying the groundwork for X3, perhaps even testing the waters to see what the reaction might be to a relationship between them.

Movie Storm is angrier and harder than Comic Storm. Movie Kurt is, at least right now, more quiet and shy than Comic Kurt (though that may well change once he feels comfortable with his new family). It will be interesting to see where they take this meeting of opposites.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Premeditated Chaos
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Premeditated Chaos »

I really like the idea of movieverse Kuroro. Her anger and his serenity sort of balance each other out. It makes for a nice couple. I don't know a lot about the comics except some waaaaaaaay old issues I snagged from the local library (Uncanny 110-140ish) so I can't argue for or against there.
:dazzler: Chuckles, I had one dy-no-mite debut goin' till you jokers crashed the gate. Now it's ruined.
:sentinal: ...Huh?
:dazzler: And for that, suckah, you gonna PAY! *dazzle dazzle*
~Dazzler - Uncanny #130
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Ahhh man, I knew I was gonna get flamed for this one...Sorry, I just don't like characters who are so inanely perfect/important.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf_Girl »

No ones flaming you... you asked everyone what they thought of the couple and everyone's giving their opinion... I will too ^_^ I happened to like the coupling... I've always been a Kuroro fan... and like my love for Nightcrawler, this was rekindled ^^ My friend on the other hand, didn't like it at all, she doesn't see the connection between the two... so there's two different opinions... Whee!!! *Goes skipping away humming*
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Storm is my fave x-woman and i think she and Kurt can make a wonderful couple in the movie, like i said in previous topics i dislike Halle as storm, but i still liking the idea of she and Kurt being toguether..i hope storm come back in X3, (but not Halle playing her *crosses fingers*) and maybe seeing their relationship developing more :) and i would like to see them kissing :D
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I like it in the Movie sense, but since I haven't read any comics with both Storm AND NC, I can't say much.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

I just think Storm too controlling. I must admit, the anger conversation did give that whole ordeal a definite boost. Words to live by. Then again, if Storm's not in the next one, it will leave Kurt (and the script-writers) in an awkward position.
Kurt and Ororo kissing would be very intriguing, though.:naughty
Premeditated Chaos
Lubber
Lubber

They can't just spontaneously write Storm out. Imagine the public outcry! And it doesn't even work in the plot. ("Where's Storm?" "Erm...she went back to Africa to...uhm...shh don't ask questions.") They'll have to find a replacement actress or all the Storm and Kuroro fans will go nuts. (Ho darn, they have to replace Halle Berry, gee willikers, we'll sure miss her, won't we!)
:dazzler: Chuckles, I had one dy-no-mite debut goin' till you jokers crashed the gate. Now it's ruined.
~Dazzler - Uncanny #130
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

They might have to beg. I heard she and Singer had an argument on set.
If she's gone, they could have Kurt pining...but that would get old real fast.:(
Niytwalker
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Niytwalker »

Well i never really thought about a Kuroro romance before the movie, except for a couple of fanfictions;) I read...
Plus I've been waiting FOREVER for some new romance for kurt, I NEVER liked Amanda, or Jirmaine or whatever her name was. I did like Cerise, a lot actually, they were so perfect for eachother. And, yes, I'm one of many that want Kitty and Kurt to get together, still waiting actually...
I said come on fhqwhgads!
Everbody to the limit!
Who's that? He's to the Limit!
Evorybody come on fhqwgads!
I don't know who it is, but it probably is fhqwhgads.
I ask my friend Joe,
I ask my friend Jay,
They said it was fhqwhgads!
-Strong Bad Homestarrunner.com
Premeditated Chaos
Lubber
Lubber

But there's gotta be a Storm in X-3. They can't just spontaneously lose the character. It just wouldn't fit the plot at all, plus, a whole lot of fans would be seriously hacked off. They'll replace her with a better-suited actress. I'm sure of it. *Offers burnt toast to the Kuroro, Storm, Movie and Marvel Gods*
~Dazzler - Uncanny #130
Niytwalker
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Niytwalker »

Ya, the best the writers would probably be able to come up with is " Uh...she's visiting her mom...no the fact that we have to fight the Brotherhood won't bring her back!"
If they do get another actress they should get the chick from 28 Days Later, if she can do an African accent, of American actually.
Everbody to the limit!
I ask my friend Joe,
I ask my friend Jay,
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Originally posted by Premeditated Chaos
*Offers burnt toast to the Kuroro, Storm, Movie and Marvel Gods*
I'm with you, Pre-Med. I wonder if there's such thing as blue incense?
Premeditated Chaos
Lubber
Lubber

I never saw that movie, Niytwalker, so I don't know who you're talking about...MWP thinks it should be the lady who hosts 5th Wheel, Aisha Tyler. I don't know much about her but she looks like she'd make a killer Storm. I hope they cast her.

And MWP, I think I saw some blue incense at the store last time I went, I'll have to get some for you hehe.
~Dazzler - Uncanny #130
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

But would the statuesque Aisha Tyler be able to make Kuroro work with the wee Alan Cumming?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Now there's a question, because I really like the whole KurOro thing and having him dwarfed might not go over too well.

Course they could always get a bigger Nighty? Nah, replacing 2 actors in an ensemble cast might be pushing it.

Really want to see a romance develop in X3. The whole gorgeous, angry weather godess with a serene, demonic guy with a heart of gold appeals to me big time!

TKD
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Nandi: Alan will stand on a box when they kiss, like leading men have done since the dawn of time. Or they could make light of it, and have her crane down, which would be wonderful.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Heh...I can see an onscreen Nighty kiss ending up like the one at the end of Zoolander when the girl had blackish gunk smeered all over her face :D
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
NightFlight
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by NightFlight »

I'm not really a specific fan of Kurt/Ororo pairing, although I have read many tastefully done fanfics on the subject (thanks MWP). I want to see Kurt be with SOMEBODY, though, he deserves a little lovin', and Storm is the only unattached female available, unless they bring in another character.
And though they tell you I am lost
and their words report my death is come
the fates have left me breathing still
very much alive
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

i couldnt agree more with NightFlight. i had never thought about them two together until i saw the movie. i think they're a great couple!

just one thing i've thought about....
if they do kiss in X3, how are they going to kiss without alan's make up coming off? if it's just a peck, they've got nothing to worry about. but if it's a really hot and steamy kiss, then they've got a problem......
i've thought about this waaaay too much....
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Orangatan64
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Orangatan64 »

They could show Storm from behind when the kiss breaks to show Kurt's reaction, then jump to a new cut to show Storm's and Viola! no smudgy make up... I think.

:?
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams.
"The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with." - Marty Feldman.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" - Steven Wright.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

hmmmm..... in all the time i've pictured this in my head, i've never thought of that.
good suggestion, orangutan!!! ..... i've never been able to say that without people looking at me funny...
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Niytwalker
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Niytwalker »

Well no, as long as Storm keeps her lips on his lips they should be fine. They have that stuff you put over lip gloss that keeps it from smearing, that would work wouldn't it?
Everbody to the limit!
I ask my friend Joe,
I ask my friend Jay,