Miss Delaware an X-fan

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by Dark Angel »

Hey everyone I'm so excited that I finally registered! Well I wanted to post this earlier, but I haven't had the time. You're probably wondering why I'm talking about Miss America on a Nightcrawler board. Well.....on Sept. 7 my two friends and I had tickets to this Meet and Greet. It's where you get to meet the contestants of Miss America. Before we went to that, we watched this outdoor interview where the host Debbye Turner, who was Miss America 1990, asked the contestants some questions. When Miss Delaware (Erin Williams) was up Debbye was laughing at what she had to ask. In the contestants form thingie they had to put down a secret dream of their's and Miss Delaware's dream was to become a member of the X-men. After hearing that I got so excited because X-men is one of my favorite movies. Debbye asked about why she wanted to be an x-member and she said that after seeing X-men and X2 she developed a child like dream to become an x-men and she said she just loved the movie. Then Debbye asked what character would she like to be or what power would she want to have.

Miss Delaware was like.."ummm....ummm.....I can't remember his name.....what is it?....." and I was ready to say any name she needed because i like knew almost all the characters, and then she said "ummmm...the guy that ahhhh disappears..?"

And I yelled out " NIGHTCRAWLER!!!" and Miss delaware said "what?" and I said again "NIGHTCRAWLER!" Miss Delaware was like "Yeah...yeah that's it Nightcrawler."
Debbye then said " He's the one that teleports, right?" and I nodded my head. Now people were looking at me and my friends were laughing, but I felt proud that I knew the answer.

Then at the Meet and Greet I got to talk to Miss Delware and we talked about how cool nightie is and how we love the movie and the guy Alan Cumming. We can't wait for the next movie. She is very nice and most of the contestants remembered me as the girl who knew the X-men information. I also got to talk to Miss Florida and as some of you know was the girl who was crowned Miss America last night and she is such a nice person and very funny.

I was also sad that Miss Delaware didn't get in to the top 15. She was so nice and she had a very good talent too.

Now my friends and I every time we see each other we say "NIGHTCRAWLER!!!!"

I hope you enjoyed reading about this and finding out Miss Delaware was an x-fan!:D
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Welcome Dark Angel,
And thank you for sharing that with us. I think we would all agree that Nighcrawler has gained a much bigger following since X2. Miss Delaware had more guts than I think I would have had if I'd been in her place. You would be surprised the variety of people who find the fuzzy elf irresistible. :D
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by Dark Angel »

How can you not like nightie? So........cool and such a cutie!:naughty **drool**
firecrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by firecrawler »

That is so cool!!! :love..haha....I am very proud to be an X-MEN and Nightcrawler fan since the beginning...;):love:bamf
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by Dark Angel »

Go X-men!**does a lil dance** Go X-men! Go X-men!!:D :bamf :love
Fuzzy_Jr.
Lubber
Lubber

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by Fuzzy_Jr. »

Welcome! That's an awesome little story!!

But you shoulda known he was her fave even -before- she said he "dissapears" cause I mean -come on- he's everyone's favorite... right? Right? :P:)
N-No Season Five? *Wince* *Whimper* WAHAHAHAHA! *Twitch*
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by Dark Angel »

Right! Well I didn't know I thought she would have said storm or wolvie or someone else. Like I said before how can you not like nightie, he's such a sweetheart!:love:love:love
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by SheCat »

Awesome. I don't watch any of the Miss Whatevertitletheircompetingfor stuff, but I know quite a fw people who like Kurt. Sam Shad, our local weatherman, loves him...
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Fuzzy_Jr.
Lubber
Lubber

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by Fuzzy_Jr. »

Wow... I don't think I even know our local wheather-man's -name-...

I agree that people who don't know NC will say their fave is Wolvie or whoever else but once you read a few comics with him... it's love.:love

I don't watch Miss America either... but I think my mom did :shame
N-No Season Five? *Wince* *Whimper* WAHAHAHAHA! *Twitch*
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Welcome DarkAngel, and that's an awesome story. I wanted to watch Miss America, even though I'm not American. I just think they're fun. LOL.
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by sevati »

This is cute! I live north of Atlantic City and everyone was worried it would have to be postponed due to the hurricane, but it turns out it was a false alarm. There was still buzz around town the 'show us your shoes' parade would have to be canceled because it's been sooo windy this past week. 50mph gusts, sand thrown in your face. But they managed to hold everything they had planned :D

I really wanted miss Hawaii to win. Funny thing, since the mid-90s, I've always had at least 1 favorite in the top five. I've picked the winner several times, but the only one that stands out in my head right now is Heather Whitestone, the deaf woman who did ballet as her talent. I loved her!
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by Nandireya »

Sweet...

And she's not the only one, either. E! asked the X2 cast what mutant power they'd LIKE to have...Alan and Rebecca were quite happy with theirs...Anna wanted Jean's...and Hugh wanted Kurt's!
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by Dark Angel »

Hey that's cool! When did you see the X2 thing on E!? I just love seeing things about X2 or alan!
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by Gaz »

Oh, that's awesome. I don't know anyone who likes Kurt as much as me, but I never talk about him other that on this site.
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by Dark Angel »

Hey this site is full of people that like Kurt, including me!:D:love
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Isn't it nice to know you're not alone in your obsession. :D

Uh…or maybe you don’t want to call it that.

Anywhoo, this is generally a nice online crowd to hang with, so you're in good company. :)
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by Melylott »

Great crowd, indeed. That's such a cool story! I wanted Miss Florida to win, and she did. ^^ So, I must be magic. ;)
:abyss Abyss's Number Two Fan! I Love Nils!!! :abyss
:austen
"The Shire is THAT way!"
---Frodo, One Ring to Rule Them All 2 (Greatest Flash EVAH!11)
#1 Fan of Blue!Jill. Sorry Bamfette. ^_^ :jillian
I love Wither!
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Miss Delaware an X-fan

Post by Dark Angel »

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer
Isn't it nice to know you're not alone in your obsession. :D
Yes it is. My friends think it's funny but we all have our own obessions even over the same things like Pirates of the Caribbean. LOL :sparrow