Dead Girl Info Wanted

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Dead Girl Info Wanted

Post by SheCat »

Okay, I'm thinking of using Dead Girl in one of my fics, but I don't know very much about the characters. If anyone has some comic scans, or some personality information (I have her bio, for all the good that does, frikken Marvel Encyclopedia of X-Men :bite) could you please share it? I'd really like to use her as a character because she intrigues me so much, but I don't want to botch her up or anything.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Snicket
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Dead Girl Info Wanted

Post by Snicket »

Here's a brief bio on UncannyXmen.Net: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/character ... dAuto=1454

Doesn't really tell you too much.

From what we know so far, Dead Girl was a hopeful young actress who moved to New York City to make a name for herself on the stage. Unfortunately, she was killed by a man whom she most likely had an affair with. It was her death that activated her mutant powers. Her killer hid her body in a graveyard, where she found herself trapped after she "woke up."

She was still alive, in a certain sense, so when her killer came back to check on her, she did to him what he did to her. Very nastily, I assume.

None of this is really certain, though. She can't remember much about her past at all, and she's not positive that what she does remember isn't just a lie her mind has made up to comfort herself. She can't even remember her real name.

Dead Girl's mission at the moment is to both continue pursuit of stardom and find out her former identity.

Dead Girl has several powers. Obviously, she can communicate with the dead. Kind of. She can talk to the memories left in the body, not with the actual spirit of the person. She can also rebuild her body from the worst injuries and even keep fighting with individual limbs.

She seems to be able to manipulate her body a bit, too, creating sharp claws on the ends of her fingers. In the lastest issue of X-Statix, it was revealed that she can even restore a small spark of life to dead bodies for a short period of time. She also seems to have augmented strength, as I've seen her plunge a hand through a man's chest and take out his heart.

Another power she seems to have is a sort of energy attack based on her connection with the dead. It looks like a black energy pulse that she can shoot out of her hands, but it's never explained what it really is.

If you're really hard-up for pics, I can scan some for you. I have all the books.
I have a website... I also have an art blog...
Tengu Aberdeen
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Dead Girl Info Wanted

Post by Tengu Aberdeen »

While this might be a little :offtopic I think that Dead Girl ought to change her name. It makes her sound...rotting. I expected some sort of zombie-like female when I heard her name.

How about, "Wraith?"
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Dead Girl Info Wanted

Post by SheCat »

Thank you, Snicket, but I have her bio and powers. I'm looking for insight on her personality. Otherwise I'll have to make her another amnesiac, and God knows Marvel has enough of them running around :rolleyes

But could you please scan some pics? Dead Girl is my favorite X-Statix, despite the fact that I can't find the series anywhere. I understand she had an attraction to the Anarchist, am i right?
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Snicket
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Dead Girl Info Wanted

Post by Snicket »

Personality? Hmm...

If I was to analyze her, I'd say that Dead Girl seems much more confident on the outside than she really feels. She seems to seek validation through her pursuit of fame. Her goal to become a sexy starlet and her role in X-Statix are all she has, so she takes them rather seriously. (But not too seriously.) She has nothing to go back to, so she must keep moving forward.

Dead Girl is full of doubt, mainly concerning her past life. She doesn't know who she really is, and she's an outcast of society, no matter what her spot on Entertainment Tonight might indicate otherwise. She a mutant among norms, and a walking corpse among the living. That's bound to leave anyone a little alienated.

She's attracted to The Anarchist, yes, but her insecurity became obvious when she quickly grew paranoid that he was only interested in her for the novelty of sleeping with a dead woman. It seems that she's cut off her romantic relationship with him, but she still deals with him as a teammate and as a friend. (But of course, there's no knowing what goes on behind closed doors.) A possible source of her insecurity in this relationship, aside from her feeling of alienation, is the fact that her last lover was the one who murdered her.

Dead Girl seems to be a good person, and she has, appropriately, a great respect for the deceased, even those she's killed on missions. But she's not perfect and has been known to go on her own benders and tangents. What's X-Statix, after all, without conflict and drama to mix things up?

If you want me to continue rambling, let me know.

BTW, I always thought that a funny name for her would be Jane Doe. But maybe that's a little too silly.
I have a website... I also have an art blog...
killer bee
Lubber
Lubber

Dead Girl Info Wanted

Post by killer bee »

when did dead girl fire black energy bolts?
killer bee: i've spent my whole life as a brain washed slave for a madman named bison who made me commit horrible acts of murder and savagery. but i've been given a second chance at life, to turn right all the wrongs i've commited and i wont dishonor that chance by going back to him. i know that i may never truly be forgiven for all the terrible things i've done but through hope i know that one day i will.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Dead Girl Info Wanted

Post by SheCat »

Thank you Snicket! I will now move my lazy butt to my computer to work on my fic on her, if I can. *makes mental note to find some X-Statix comics before she does any dialogues*