The Starjammers Discussion Thread

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
xpawn
Lubber
Lubber

Post by xpawn »

Leaked a while back, acclaimed sci-fi writer Kevin J. Anderson has confirmed for Newsarama that he is writing a new Starjammers miniseries for Marvel Comics to begin in July. Teaming up with the writer is artist Ale Garza.

For those who came in late...or only have caught glimpses of the Starjammers crew, the group first appeared in X-Men #104 (first series, now known as Uncanny X-Men). Led by Christopher Summers aka Corsair (and the father of Scott Summers, aka Cyclops -- and that's a long story), the Starjammers are a small band of space pirates with noble intentions.

Apart from numerous appearances in the various X-titles, the Starjammers starred in two miniseries in the past, namely the two-part X-Men Spotlight On... Starjammers by Terry Kavanagh and Dave Cockrum in 1990 and the Starjammers four-issue limited series by Warren Ellis and Carlos Pacheco in the mid-1990s. Former teammates include Professor X of the X-Men, Binary (Carol Danvers) and Shi'ar Empress Lilandra Neramani.

Don't expect to see the regular band of space pirates in Anderson and Garza's new Starjammers however. "First off, readers have to be prepared that this is a completely new version of Starjammers, retooled from scratch," Anderson told Newsarama...

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthr ... adid=11723
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

xpawn> You had some funky cut-and-paste punctuation problems and your link didn't work, so I fixed them.

And I'm glad they ended up allowing some of the pre-existing Starjammers...mostly because it's a lot of fun to say "CHO'D!"
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Remy_LeBeau
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Remy_LeBeau »

CHO'D! hey, it is fun to say!:D

why is this not in continuity though? I see no problem with placing it in continuity. not that I really care all that much. a good story is a good story, but it might ease the suffering of all those peeps at newsarama if marvel simply said "this is in continuity".
shakspear
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by shakspear »

I am in agreement with Remy_LeBeau that a good story is a good story as long as they don't mess with the continuity of the X-Men tooooooo badly:mad
As much or more we should ourselves complain.

Assume a virtue, if you have it not.
Be great in act, as you have been in thought.

William Shakespeare

"Stealing from one person is called plagiarism; stealing from a bunch of people is called research." -Alfred E. Newman.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Originally posted by Remy_LeBeau
...it might ease the suffering of all those peeps at newsarama if marvel simply said "this is in continuity".
There's no easing their suffering, Josh. If it wasn't THAT it would be something else. ;)
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Remy_LeBeau
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Remy_LeBeau »

based on my many visits to newsarama, you speak the complete truth.:LOL
Archangel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Archangel »

CHO'D lol... i cant pronounce that

This series should be good I know ill pick up the first arc for sure and if I like it ill keep buying
"There are things that go bump in the night. We are the ones who bump back." ~Professor Broom~

"When you see red: Stop. When you see blue: Bamf. And when you see the ground.. Well, I told you to stop."
~Ryo and Hushy~