Christmas 2016: Elizabeth

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Christmas 2016: Elizabeth

Post by Svartfreja »

<Jessica> Jess sat on the bed frowning at her suitcase and wondering why she was even packing at all. Most of her things weren't really suitable for winter. She picked up her spider plush and went to make a cup of tea instead.

<Elizabeth> Elizabeth wanted one last chance to spend time with Jess before new years after such a horrible Christmas so, bearing bags and treats, she made her way to Jess and Sebastian's penthouse to knock on the door. She'd spent the day shopping for *normal* clothes and today wasn't passing for a stripper in jeans and a pretty top.

<Jessica> Hearing the buzzer, Jess poked her head back out of the kitchen in time to see Sharky climbing the wall to see who it was. She giggled and went to peel him off before looking herself, "Oh, hey... come on up." She pressed the entry button before heading back to the kitchen to get a second mug for tea.

<Elizabeth> Going through the buzzed door she managed a small smile, trying to look mildly happy about how things were going, now all she had to do was hold it. Getting the swazy lift up, she relaxed and put the bags down, rubbing her fingers together to warm them up, her new winter stuff packed away in the suitcase unfortunately.

<Elizabeth> At the top floor she scooped up the bags and went up to the door, knocking it carefully with her new boots.

<Jessica> Jess set Sharky down and watched him scamper to the door ahead of her, in full corgi adorable mode, to see who it was. She followed after him and opened the door, "Hey, I wasn't expecting company... I just put the kettle on though so good timing!" She gave the other girl a smile.

<Elizabeth> Elizabeth smiled at her friend and giggled as she felt sharky climbing up her leg as usual. "Hey, yeah figured I'd come visit before you headed back to blighty for new years, I'm staying here while my knee gets better." Well, so she could avoid the plane flight, actually, she thought to herself as she stepped in.

<Jessica> "You could get Anna to heal it for you... I'm sure she would..." She bent to pull Sharky off of her and close the door, "Let her get in before you say hello!" She gave him a cuddle, "Sorry, he's a bit over excited today."

<Elizabeth> "Nah, poor girl's taxed enough as it is, besides I just need to rest it for a few days and I'll be fine." Chuckling a little as the dog was scooped off her and she got to follow Jess into the kitchen to put the two bags down. "It's ok, I don't mind in the slightest, he's too cute and adorable to mind."

<Jessica> "He is indeed," she set Sharky down and he skittered back into the living room to find a toy. "So I guess you're staying in New York for the holidays? Or... what's left of them anyway?"

<Elizabeth> "Yeah, my boss has a spare room above the club that the girls normally use for breaks. She's shoved a camp bed in there for me and I've paid her a bit of rent and took on a couple extra shifts before we all head over to wassit, massachues? That place SHIELD gave us." Putting the bags down she picked the one up and handed it to Jess.

<Elizabeth> "Your Christmas present by the way, the original one got, well, lost in the .... yeah. So late merry Christmas."

<Jessica> "Danvers County, Massachusetts." Jess filled in, "Former insane asylum... so we'll all fit right in." She offered a small grin, taking the bag, "Awww, thanks... you didn't have to do that... you know I don't really understand the whole gift giving thing anyway..."

<Elizabeth> "Yeah well, my first year and you've really been there for me and supported me despite my freakouts and meds so figured I ought to say 'thank you'." She fiddled with the other bag strap as she kept up the forced smile for her friend and sat down on a chair. "I'll be perfect for there...."

<Jessica> "Everyone will be, I've been saying it since I got here. That place has always been an insane asylum..." She finished making the tea and offered Elizabeth her cup, "How're you holding up?"

<Elizabeth> "Thanks." She took the cup, wrapping herself around it. "You want the honest answer or tactful? Tactful is 'yeah I'm fine and my knee hurts a bit, can't be arsed with moving and I'm going to miss my job'."

<Jessica> "And the honest answer?" Jess hooked a stool with her foot and pulled it over, taking a seat opposite the other girl as Sharky dropped a ball at her feet. She picked it up and tossed it back out into the living area for him.

<Elizabeth> "I couldn't feel worse right now, sober, no drugs and my head's just getting worse because, on top of all the old crap, there's all the new crap from having the school coming down around my head and the things I did to get out of there..." Head dropping, she stared at the surface of the tea, smile gone.

<Jessica> Jess reached to put a hand on Elizabeth's shoulder, "Don't feel bad for anything you had to do to get out of there alive, okay? Never feel bad for that."

<Elizabeth> Her head dropped a little then. "I.... I killed people Jess, I knew what I was doing when I did it and I felt them go out... I felt my power wipe them out of the way and their bodies crumple under it...." Her stare was as blank as her voice sounded, tea untouched in her hand.

<Jessica> Jess put her tea down and got up to put her arm around her properly. "You're not the only one that's killed people."

<Elizabeth> Her dead eyes looked up at Jess. "I don't think it's the first time I've done it though...." Her voice trailed off and her face seemed to lose focus for a moment before she jerked and shook her head, spilling the tea everywhere. "Fuck!"

<Jessica> Jess reached for a towel to mop up the spilled tea, "Here... look... don't worry about it... any of it. You have to do some awful things in this life to survive, you don't always mean to do those things. Sometimes they just happen because you're scared... but those people would have killed you if you hadn't stopped them, that's a fact. Do not feel guilty for saving your life."

<Elizabeth> "Yeah I guess...." She shook a little, not really hearing the words, instead remembering the blood pouring from Hisako's eye socket as the tea dripped off the side.

<Jessica> Jess gently patted the tea puddle with the towel to soak it up, leaving the towel on the table and hooking Elizabeth's chin with her finger to turn her face towards her. "Look... When I was a kid... I used to sneak out of wherever me and my dad were living at the time, while he was asleep, to go and look around." She glanced away for a moment before looking at her again.

<Jessica> "One night... I got followed by a man. He followed me down an alley and then he tried to force himself on me. That was the night I found out I could do this..." she charged a venom blast in her free hand. "It was completely an accident, but I killed him... I heard his heart stop, heard the blood slow down and stop, the breath leave his lungs. I will never forget that. But if I hadn't done it... I don't want to think about what could have happened then..."

<Elizabeth> Elizabeth felt frozen to the chair holding Jess's gaze and listening to the girl be so fucking damn calm about killing someone. Is that how you got after you did it a couple of times? It's just survival? In her mind she watched the plane's wing crumple up again and winced as the whispering turned to screaming.

<Elizabeth> "Nothing good.... that is a better reason to kill.... rather than ...." She took a deep breath though it didn't stop the shaking. "Can I ask a favour please?" Changing the subject to try and get her mind off the begging at the back of it.

<Jessica> "Rather than saving your life and the lives of those you care about? I can't think of a better reason than that." She gave the girl a hug, "Of course you can."

<Elizabeth> Elizabeth sat through the hug and gingerly returned it, wishing she'd just lied now when she'd been asked rather than bring it up and ruin the mood. Grabbing the other bag, she pulled out two letters and a parcel. "Could you post these when you get to London? It'll be faster than posting them from here at the moment."

<Jessica> "Yeah, I can do that... there's a post box at the end of my street... are you going to be okay?" She took the items and went to put them on the counter.

<Elizabeth> "I-I'll be fine.... I'm just freaking out a lot at the moment. I'm not on my meds, lost them all in the... thing...." She forced another smile onto her face, though this one was shaky. "The letters include one to my old doctors back in england so I can sort out getting my meds supplied here... I can get back on them and be fine again." Meds, the meds would make it all better because McCoys meds hadn't worked.

<Jessica> "Yeah I can do that... don't worry about it... are you sure meds are the answer, though?" She crouched in front of her again, "Have you tried just talking to someone about it?"

<Elizabeth> "I've.... I've been seeing a shrink since I was a kid, Jess... just never told anyone about it... it hasn't helped, neither has talking to my new one over here. The meds make the voices I hear quieter and stop me freaking out so much... talking just reminds me and that makes me worse."

<Jessica> "What if they're not voices, though? What if it's just your powers?" she chewed her lip, "Maybe what you're hearing aren't voices but stray thoughts plucked out of the heads of randomers because you haven't learned how to block them out? No one would blame you for feeling like you're hearing things..."

<Elizabeth> She took a deep breath and shook her head. "The voices I hear.... fuck I can't believe I'm telling anyone... it's...it's the sound of my mother and brother dying during an accident I was in, and the sounds of the people who died around me. The rest of it? My father blaming the accident on me, that arguement on a loop. It's not people... its memories."

<Jessica> Jess sighed, reaching to take Elizabeth's hand and giving it a gentle squeeze. "I know what it's like to lose people you love in an accident that you walked away from... Sometimes I hear things too... something happens and I remember... and it hurts... it really hurts... if the meds help then... then take them... I guess if I had the option, I'd do that too..."

<Elizabeth> Elizabeth's mouth twitched into a tiny smile before fading, she knew about Jess's little flash backs, she was just grateful the girl didn't have it as bad as her with the full auditory halluciantions. It wasn't occassionally, it was all the time, all she ever heard. "I will.... I just need more, stupid doctors and all their paperwork."

<Jessica> "You never know... things might get easier now with SHIELD actively helping us... maybe they know some people... can help you or something... I don't know... but you know where I am if you need anything..." she chewed her lip, "Going to have to figure out what to do now though..." The new building was a long way from Manhattan.

<Elizabeth> "I'll be fine, just need meds and more therapy. Can't imagine SHIELD have a special department for psycho mutants anyway, aside from a cell block." She chuckled a little then. "Commute? School during the week and come here at weekends?" Anything to get her mind away from it.

<Jessica> "I don't know... it's a bit far..." she shook her head, "We'll figure something out..." she gave her a small smile, "And we'll be going to school at a former asylum, seems like just the right kind of place for help." She offered a small grin for that. "Happy pills, pudding cups and dominos are in your future."

<Elizabeth> "So sedatives, fuel and ammunition?" He smile got a little bigger then as she looked at the girl crouched in front of her.

<Jessica> She giggled, "You got it!" She looked around the kitchen, "Speaking of... I baked. Want some cookies?"

<Elizabeth> "I think cookies would be good...." She smiled a little more and rubbed her arm through the long sleeves. "Certainly does smell nice in here."

<Jessica> "Cookies and more tea." She straightened up slowly, reaching to give Elizabeth's shoulder a rub. "The offer still stands though... if you ever need a break back in London, just say the word and you can use my place."

<Elizabeth> Elizabeth just fell back into the shoulder rub and melted. "I think I'll get used to the new school first... then see about that break.... once I get new papers, haha. Thanks, Jess, this means a lot."

<Jessica> "Any time, we're friends, right?" She gave her a proper smile, "Everything'll work out."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Re: Christmas 2016: Elizabeth

Post by Scumfish »

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth hit her flash light on her thigh, she was moved in now, hiding in one of the upstairs rooms on a matteress with a suit case full of clothes. However bored she'd brought a flashlight from the store and decided the place needed exploring in the dark.

<@Elizabeth> For shits and giggles.

<Melody> "Ugh, this place is a dump," Mel pulled a face as she kicked some trash asside, "looks like they hired my mom as housekeeper or something."

<Cassie> "Yes, isn't it amazing?" Cassandra paused her prancing long enough to give Melody a grin. "It's almost like a theme park - only more grisly and spooky. Which makes it even better!" She performed an excited bounce. "Do you think it's haunted? Oh I hope it's haunted! I wanna see ghosts!"

<@Elizabeth> "Not sure I want haunted but a skeleton would be cool." The beam of her flash light shaking alittle as she walked along finding the rooms that hadn't been cleaned up to peak into.

<Aodhfionn> It also had ample caffolding around from where SHIELD were in the process of rebuilding, but there were no lights, not yet. No electricity had been turned on and the generators the builders had been using were locked down, leaving the girls in the huge, drafty place alone in the dark. Long, deep shadows claimed everything, twisting things into odd shapes that were mundane during the day but...different at night.

<Melody> "Skeleton's are over-rated, can't use them for shit, no muscles to move themselves after all."

<Cassie> "Maybe we find some zombies just for you, Mellie!" Cassandra offered Melody a smirk and leaned over to give her a gentle nudge into the side. "Then you could make them give us a tour."

<@Elizabeth> "I was more thinking to leave bits of it around the place were the teachers would find it and freak." Smiling alittle as her new heels clicked about.

<Cassie> Feeling right at home in the pervading darkness, Cassandra couldn't resist teleporting ahead by jumping from one deep shadow to the next, hopping out into the hallway further down. "We totally should think of something to spook them," she agreed, waiting up on the others.

<Aodhfionn> The place was also filled with shifting sounds too - wind, mostly, leaves brushing over floors and dusting over windows. Skitters of vermin that hadn't been chased out of this wing yet. The rattle of scaffolding as light feet ran across it, sleepy birds settling in the rafters - easily explained sounds.

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth was more comfortable back in her PVC and leather now she'd refitted her wardrode, it did mean she was adding to the sounds to the place, namely squeaking. "You know I'm kind of glad I moved here early, I kind of like it like this. Proper serenity in silence."

<Melody> "Don't you think that'd be a little bad taste considering everything that's happened recently?" Mel asked, idly re-animating a dead pigeon and making it hop along with them.

<@Elizabeth> "So was moving us to an insane asylum, just because I'm medicated no need for the teachers to be extra prepared." The gloom making her and the dark outft fit in nicely, however the flashlights made her shine up.

<Cassie> "Hmmm, perhaps," Cassandra admitted, tapping an index finger against the side of her chin. "But nothing better to cope with a bad situation than make light of it, yes? That's what I always say, anyway." She paused when the gust of wind drifted through the hallway, kicking up some of the ample dust.

<Aodhfionn> The girls weren't alone, much as they were talking about ghosts and skeletons and how cool it would be. There were other things living in the building - it had been abandoned for so long, so much had happened in it, after all. A shadow grew longer, flickered, reaching out for one of them - and then snapped back to normal.

<Melody> Melody wasn't impressed, "Stop fucking about, Cass," she waved off the creepy shadow.

<@Elizabeth> Squeaking alittle she wondered what Jimmy was doing back in NY. "So do we think this place will look good when it's cleaned up?" Not spotting the shadow as she had found a big creepy window showing off the grounds.

<Cassie> "But I'm not doing anything," Cassandra insisted, frowning at the strange shadow doing even stranger things all on its own. "I swear it's not me. I wouldn't lie about such things, would I?" She paused for a moment. "Okay, maybe I would, but that still wasn't me."

<Melody> "Uh-huh," Melody sounded utterly convinced of her friend's innocene, totally.

<@Elizabeth> "This is freaky enough without people fuckin thin- Melody the hell with th dead pigeon?!"

<Cassie> "Can we keep it?" Cassandra asked, looking way too excited about the dead bird hopping about.

<Melody> "What? I like birds. And it's not too maimed, think it died of old age," the zombie pigeon cooed gently to itself and fluffed out it's feather.

<@Elizabeth> She was pushing through the whispers every day now, company helped because it was something to concentrate on. "It's still kinda gross...." Finding a set of stairs leading up and down. "Which way guys?"

<Cassie> "Or maybe it was..." Trailing off, Cassandra put a spooky vibe into her voice, drawing some shadows over her face. "...scared to death."

<Aodhfionn> The stairs leading up seemed somehow...darker, the shadows almost thick enough to touch, and there was a sound like someone was walking down them, a quiet muttering - just out of hearing, not quite loud enough to understand - following it.

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeths head swung up like a compass towards the sound, it felt so much louder then the real ones. "What a dog got in here? bark and it fell off the twig?"

<Melody> "I think it's way more likely that you were just dropped on your head a lot as a baby," Mel scoffed, "... Dog? What?"

<Cassie> Approaching the stairs cautiously, Cassandra slowed her steps even further. "Something is odd about the darkness in this place," she commented, actually sounding more serious for once. "And I say that as the local expert on all things shadowy."

<@Elizabeth> "I meant with the scaring things to death." Looking up the stairs and frowning. "It doesn't feel right.... it feels .... full."

<Melody> "Riiiight, is it blueberry flavoured or something? That the problem," Melody refused to buy into all this creepy bullshit, "Full of what?"

<Cassie> "Full of secrets," Cassandra remarked, before looking back over her shoulder at the other two girls. "Waiting for someone to uncover them."

<@Elizabeth> "I don't know..... just full... I only really practise with the moving crap side of my powers so the other side is ... lacking abit."

<Aodhfionn> The footsteps stopped, and there was the sound of someone breathing in sharply. Then all three torches went out suddenly, all at the same time, no warning flicker - just pitch blackness.

<Aodhfionn> No light penetrated the darkness, despite there being windows - all of it just...went.

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeths flash light flew out of her hand with some force, purposely aimed up the stairs, her hands glowing and bringing some light back to the hallway. "Fuck Off!"

<@Elizabeth> Or not, she could see her hands but nothing else.

<Cassie> "Is it just me, or did it just get a whole lot cozier in here," Cassandra remarked as the faint moonlight vanished from the broken windows. "And before you say anything, I promise that I still don't have anything to do with this..."

<Melody> "I dunno which is worse, the thought that you're just fucking with us or the thought you're not," Melody's voice spoke from the darkness, followed by the sound of her hammering her flashlight against her thigh to try and get it working again.

<Aodhfionn> The torch was caught - and turned back on, shining straight back at the girls. There was the impression of a figure behind it, barely there, tall and built - what little could be seen in the clinging darkness. Then the torch was dropped, the beam still on but showing nothing and the sound of someone running down the stairs echoed up.

<Cassie> "Still thinking this is me?" Cassandra asked, standing still as she stared ahead at the strange apparition.

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth actually let out a high pitch whine rather then a scream then, flinching back from the light and just staring...

<Melody> "... Cassie, swear on your hundred-year old, whale-bone, silk and velevet corset that you love more then life itself, that wasn't you."

<Aodhfionn> A couple of seconds later, the suffocating darkness lifted, the torches suddenly working again, the place bright after it went...and the lights caught something...glistening on the floor of the stairs, slowly dripping down it.

<@Elizabeth> "Off the point but I want that corset now..." Voice shaking as much as her hands as the flash light dropped, her hand going out and it flew to her. Swallowing she wasn't sure if those whispers were part of this or her mind had jack up to a whole new level of crazy.

<@Elizabeth> "W-what is that...." To her it looked like airoplane fluid dripping down metal...

<Cassie_> "I swear by its bleached out bones," Cassandra replied, blinking when the sudden influx of light messed with her eyes. "And I might let you borrow it, as long as I get to help you put it on." She looked back at Elizabeth, the smirk finally returning to her lips. "Only to make sure it's properly handled, of course."

<Melody> "Okay, whoever the fuck you are, I'm going to assrape you with zombies when I find you!" Mel threatened the empty hallway, "Old people zombies!"

<Cassie_> "Would you like me saying that it looks like blood?" the raven-haired girl asked.

<@Elizabeth> Think about the corset and gorgeous cassie... not the petrol dripping down the walls. Covering her nose to defend herself from the on coming smell. "You can even take it off again for the priveledge of wearing it..." She couldn't stop staring.

<Aodhfionn> There was no reply. The shadows stayed normal, there weren't any extra sounds, and the liquid slowly dripped off a step.

<Melody> "Watch my back, I'm going in," Mel muttered, creeping towards the puddle.

<Cassie_> "I'd rather watch Elizabeth's back, but yours is fine, too," Cassandra replied, trying to shake the sense of unease by putting on a wry smile.

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth forced a smile then, everything could be defused with jokes right? "Careful Mel."

<Melody> Gingerly she poked a finger in the puddle, then frowned as she sniffed it, "... It's red fucking paint," she deadpanned.

<@Elizabeth> Sighed she face palmed. Not petrol, paint, paint girl paint. "So there's another student here fuckin with us?"

<Cassie_> "Sad," Cassie only remarked, actually looking disappointed at the revelation.

<Melody> "Another student who's getting anally violated by dead things when I find them," Melody growled.

<Cassie_> "But who, I wonder?" Cassandra caught up with Melody, leaning around the handrail to peer up the flight of stairs. "As far as I know, Adam left to live with Jolen, and I can't picture anyone else with this peculiar sense of humour. Myself excluded, of course."

<Aodhfionn> Definitely not a student. A giggle came from somewhere above them, something...wrong about it, nowhere near the direction the apparition had gone, and the paint tin suddenly bouncing down the stairs followed by the running footsteps was suddenly loud. "Catch me if you can!" The voice was disturbingly gleeful.

<@Elizabeth> "Adam can't manipulate shadows and wouldn't do shit like that. Not to me at least." Growling alittle at the voice and laugh, she didn't find people trying to set off flashbacks funny at all.

<Cassie_> "Whoever that is, he's messing with the wrong group of girls," Cassandra remarked, instinctively shrouding herself in shadows as the tension rose. "I'm the only one who gets to mess with people in the dark around here."

<Melody> The nice thing about old buildings like this, so many dead things if you knew where to look, "I don't need to catch you," Mel muttered, closing her eyes and spreading her arms, letting the energy flow from her into every empty vessel it could find in the local area. Long dead rats, mice, birds and even insects rose from the dust, the mutants will steering them.

<Aodhfionn> This was being watched by a figure perched up in the rafters, shrouded in the same shadows as one of the girls down on the floor, red points of light narrowing in the wispy darkness. A tongue went over fangs as he watched with interest varying dead things starting to rise, grinning to himself.

<@Elizabeth> "Melody.... zombie are cool... this is kind of gross." Arms wrapping around herself she switched her flash light off and made her arms glow enough instead. "So shall we leave the upstairs for now?"

<Aodhfionn> The shadows around the stairs withdrew further, revealing...nothing, actually. Just a normal set of stairs bathed in moonlight, leading up into another hall. The stairs downstairs, on the other hand, were thick with darkness that had the same consistancy as smoke.

<@Elizabeth> "Or not, upstairs is good."

<Cassie_> "Someone is up there, hiding from us," Cassandra stated the obvious, even though it was more obvious to her, attuned senses able to penetrate the darkness. Most of it, anyway. Something about the shadows was off and unnatural. Much like her own - even those clearly weren't being controlled by her.

<Melody> "Or we just get my buddies to check it our for us," Mel suggested, eyes closed as she concentrated on controlling her minions. Animals were in thier way tricker, generally human corpses could understand simple instructions, critters needed personal steering.

<Cassie_> "Release the hounds, Corpse-Girl," Cassandra remarked, watching Melody do her thing. "Or zombie-rats, rather."

<@Elizabeth> "So down into the depths or up to the giggling? Freaks about or not I still kind of want something to do... beside this might explain some of the weird noises I've heard over the last two nights."

<Melody> "Threnody, apparently Dead Girl was already taken."

<Aodhfionn> There was the sound of something heavy dropping from something high, a sound like fingernails down chalkboard accompanying it and the clatter of something falling. "You're not playing!" The voice was petulent and sounded...young, distant, not here, another laugh echoing oddly as Cassie's shadows twisted and eddied as if in a wind.

<@Elizabeth> "Well girls ap-aparently we're dealing with a t-toddler." her voice still freaked out and shaking as the nails on chalkboard sound reminded her of stressed metal snapping...

<Cassie_> "But I like playing games," Cassandra answered the voice in the dark, finding her playful nature tickled despite the creepiness of it all - or because of it. "Maybe it's the ghost of a dead kid."

<Melody> Melody's minions were scurrying, flapping and buzzing through the urban ruin, looking for the source of the shadows ... then the very same pigeon that had been following them around flew into a cluster of shadows and connected with something heavy.

<Aodhfionn> There was something in that cluster of shadows, and whatever it was disliked a sudden face-pigeon. "Holy fuck!" The shadows suddenly flickered, and whatever they contained shot up the wall, literally climbing up the surface and leaving deep furrows as shadows flickered and wisped around it. Despite the sudden shock, he managed to stay in character...

<Aodhfionn> And the girls were treated to the sight of a white flicker in the midst of the shadows, glowing red eyes flaring in them and a hissing scream echoed around the hall before shadows enveloped him and he shot up into the rafters. Dead fucking pigeons!! The fuck was with zombie fucking pigeons!

<Melody> "If you're solid I can still get you with horny old people zombies, asshole!"

<Cassie_> "I think your decaying feathered friends found something," Cassandra remarked, the impish smirk on her lips growing a little bigger as she floated up the staircase towards the top floor. "Let's see if we can chase our playful friend out of his dark hidy-hole."

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth just stared at the flash of white and glwoing eyes, not taht she was admitting this but whatever that was it was seriously freaking her the fuck out right now. "I'll take the rear then..." Following the pair up the stairs.

<Aodhfionn> As they climbed up the stairs, the deep furrows of his climb were obvious up the walls, as was the clawed-apart debris strewn over the floor. It looked like a large animal had got to it, and there was another echoing giggle from the shadows further on.

<Cassie_> "Girls, I'm starting to believe we're not dealing with a ghost here," Cassandra remarked, trying to peel away the shadows from the hallway to allow her friends to see better, creating a narrow pathway of light. "This looks more like some kind of demon to me."

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth took a deep breath and forced her power into a shape, a long stick of light in her hand that Hisako had helped her form. "Well lets go excorcise the bastard y-yeah?" Staring at the claw marks.

<Melody> "Demon? Bullshit," Melody scoffed, "there's no such thing as demons, it's gotta be some kind of mutant like us."

<Cassie_> "Says the girl who has her own zombie tea party," Cassandra remarked with a wry smirk, as she tried to follow the source of the scuttling noises. The presence of Melody's minions made this quite a bit harder, however.

<Melody> "Science zombie tea-party," Mel countered.

<@Elizabeth> "No not that way Cassie, go left." Because she could sort of feel something to the left but nothing to the right. Hugging herself with her one arm and really starting to hate the dark.

<Aodhfionn> Something the being was making good use of. He was above them, absolutely silent, watching them curiously. The shiny one stunk of fear, the other smelt dead, and the third was playing with shadows too. He smirked - and the shadows stopped obeying Cassie, falling apart into nothing.

<Cassie_> "So why can't it be a science demon then?" Cassandra asked, stopping dead in her tracks when the shadows around them began to misbehave. "I didn't tell you to do that," she muttered, her brow furrowing, while black tendrils began to curl around her form when she became increasingly agitated.

<Aodhfionn> The shadows spiked at her, then fell back completely - even things that should have been creating shadows no longer had them, making the place look flat and surreal.

<Melody> "You don't have a long lost twin do you?"

<@Elizabeth> "Oh god that is making me feel sick." Shaking her head and trying not to stare to hard at everythings lack of a shadow, not even her powers casting light on the place. "That is disorientating in the worst kind of way."

<Cassie_> "Not to my knowledge, but to be honest, it wouldn't really surprise me anymore," Cassandra commented, her eyes narrowing, lighting up with a faint violet glow. "Okay, now I'm starting to grow tired of this game."

<Aodhfionn> Another giggle reached them. "I'm not."

<Cassie_> "No one messes with my shadows," Cassandra said, actually sounding irritated at this point. "Mel, would you please have your little dead darling eat whoever did that?"

<@Elizabeth> "Who the h-hell are you?" She asked outloud to the shadows, turning round trying to find the thing she could feel in the full shadows upon the ceiling.

<Aodhfionn> "Your shadows?" The voice was incredulous, hissing and directionless. "Yours? Pretentious little wench, aren't you?" Another laugh that suddenly switched, coming from ground level and then back to ceiling again. "Do you really want them back again, little girl?"

<Melody> "Ugh, what a pretentious little dickwad," Mel was starting to sound annoyed now, "I think a few zombie rat nibbles should sort this asshole out," she let out a sharp whistle and all dead things that scurried ran to her.

<Cassie_> "You can keep them," Cassandra scowled in response, feet hovering several inches above the floor already. "There are plenty more where these came from." The girl's form turned to total darkness, its human shape blurring, as several ink-black tentacles surged forth from the pathway tearing up in her center.

<Aodhfionn> There was a flicker of the apparition again, red eyes over a grin that was too wide, too full of fangs, ragged white hair visible for a moment before the shadows swallowed it again. "Ooooooh. Down, girl." Was she shadow? Could he control that like he could darkness?

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth was just concentrating on keeping her light stick up, as she looked around for the source, unless she could see it she couldn't hit it. "Told you, p-playing with a toddler."

<Melody> There was the creep, with a flick of her wrist Mel ordered her rats and mice to swarm the figure.

<Cassie_> "I know we haven't even really moved into the place, but if that guy keeps this up, I won't hesitate to tear it all down around him until I've found him." Cassandra's constructs barged through doors and shattered some of the already cracked windows, slithering through the hallways on the hunt of her prey.

<Aodhfionn> He watched Cassie with utter fascination, moving easily between the shadows, trying to take the living darkness and though he was able to push against them, he couldn't control them. He wasn't all that bothered by the dead things, they were easy enough to avoid...well, until he felt something on his head. He froze, a quiet, high-pitched sound leaving him that was definitely not human.

<Aodhfionn> Slowly, a cheerful, dead little spider climbed over his hair and dropped onto his shoulder, scuttling down to his hand. And the air was split by a blood-curdling shriek, followed by the sound of mad scrabbling and something falling gracelessly off something high.

<Cassie_> "Did I get him?" Cassandra asked, pausing her shadowy hunt. "I don't think I did..."

<Melody> The swarm of rats halted and melody grinned to herself, "... I think your 'demon' is an arachnephobe," she remarked, before chaneling more energy into the spider corpses in the area and homing in on the screaming.

<Elizabeth> The spider ended up landing on Elizabeth, although she jumped abit there wasn't any shrieking from her just giving it an odd look before following where that scream had come from. "I think something did..."

<Aodhfionn> "Nononononofucknoanythin'butthat-" There was more scrabbling and the voice was becoming panicked before there was a blur of white up a wall, even the shadows dropping for a moment in the creature's haste to get the hell away from the spider zerg rush. "Fuck off fuck off fuck off-" The shadows closed over him again and he was hidden from view, though there was a definite panicked panting somewhere...

<Cassie_> "Whatever you did, I like it," Cassandra commented and snickered mischievously.

<Elizabeth> She couldn't help but giggle through her nerves then. "Some one scared of a fuzzy little spider? Is the great darkness running from a little invertebre?"

<Melody> "Undead spider zerg rush, you're welcome," the tiny bug horde skittered up the wall in hot persuit of the shadows.]

<Elizabeth> Elizabeth lifted the one off her shoulder and held it by the wall to jump off and join it's comrades. "As ok as I am with spiders, can you get the cockroaches away from me?"

<Aodhfionn> "Oh holy fuckin' shitfuck bollockin'-" A very British, very cockney accent came from the shadows as another blur of white proved that the spidery little bastards had found him. "Fuck off I am not edible! Fuckfuckfuck-"

<Cassie_> "Apparently someone doesn't like to play anymore." Cassandra smirked, retracting the summoned darkness back into the otherwordly portal spiralling in the middle of her body, gradually returning to her human form.

<Elizabeth> "Spider formation gooo! foods that way!" Chuckling alittle now as her nerves died down and she watched the entertainment roll out.

<Aodhfionn> "Call y' fuckin' eight-legged demons off!! Uncle, uncle, y' found somethin' scarier'n me!"

<Elizabeth> "You obviously haven't met Farouk yet!"

<Aodhfionn> "If he's another spider, I don't want to!"

<Melody> "If he couldn't take the heat, shouldda stayed out the kitchen."

<Aodhfionn> There was another blur, and this time the horde was completely encased in the shadows, making it impossible for them to see or feel him. The creature was panicking so much, though, that he'd completely forgotten to hide himself, jammed in a corner of the room near the ceiling. He was completely white, except the eyes and black jeans, and shaking visibly. "Make 'em stop please."

<Elizabeth> "I wonder if I could make him think there were spiders everywhere?" Jumping as the darkness came again minue the white demon in the corner. "There!" Pointing with the glowing lightsaber thing of her power.

<Cassie_> Tilting her head, Cassandra hovered a little closer to get a better look at what had turned out to be a ghastly white boy. "Now look at what we've caught," she said, arching her eyebrows. "Don't tell me this is another long lost member of the St. Commons brood."

<Aodhfionn> He realised he was visible as Cassie hovered in front of him, solid red eyes wide and glowing in the dark. He had no pigment to skin or hair, completely white, fingers ending in claws and fangs pressing against his lower lip. He was a big lad, well built and shaking like a leaf in terror.

<Elizabeth> Elizabeth clicked over, shaking alittle and occassionally looking over her shoulder. "Think it's fun to pick on people do you?"

<Melody> "Not anymore he doesn't," Mel followed Liz over, trailing the undead critters behind her.

<Aodhfionn> "Frankly, yeah, th' looks on your faces was priceless." His voice was shaking still, looking about ready to bolt if there was the slightest movement of anything with more legs than there should be. "Alrigh', look, I ain' a ghost or a demon, I'm a squatter, an' scarin' you aside it's useful as fuck when it comes to makin' sure no one finds me here an' arrests me. That's th' truth. No more spiders, please?"

<Elizabeth> "Depends, you going to keep on pulling stunts like that on the new tenants of the building." Waving her powers away and switching her flashlight back on, at least that hid some of her shaking.

<Aodhfionn> "Depends if it's enough of a laugh an' I don' actually upset people too much." He slowly pulled himself up, eyeballing the floaty girl and hands flat on the wall behind him. He was shaking as much as the girl in PVC. "Spookin's funny, outright terrifyin' someone is jus' bein' an asshole." He swallowed. "...Wait. New...tenants? Is tha' what the buildin' work's for?" He let the shadows come back, the world given definition once more.

<Melody> "No, we're just doing some urban camping while some apprentice builders are working on gaining experience in construction," Melody rolled her eyes.

<Elizabeth> "Our building now, creepy asshole squatters not appreciated." Glaring even as she shook, she could still remember the petrol pouring like a river thanks to that freak out earlier.

<Aodhfionn> "Ah ah, creepy homeless mutant squatter, thanks." He was in a corner and he knew it, and he could smell the serious fear coming from Elizabeth. "Oh fuck, I really got t' you, didn't I?" He actually looked sorry then. "Listen, I jus' wanted to be left alone, I've been doin' it for th' last few months...th' builder's've been in the other wings, not here, figured I was safe. Didn' know..." He trailed off awkwardly.

<Elizabeth> "Join the club." Rolling her eyes she dropped the eye contact and didn't bother engaging it again. "Just don't do it again jerk, otherwise we'll find worse thinsg then spiders to scare you off with clear?"

<Elizabeth> Huffing she turned around and stalked off for the stairs. "Come on girls the basment looked pretty interesting this morning." Cassie and Melody sniffing in distaste at the lad before leaving after Liz.

<Aodhfionn> "Whoo, I got told." He rolled his eyes right back, before the shadows wrapped around him again. He considered going after them again, before shaking his head and disappearing up into the rafters, climbing into his warm nest. New tenants, huh...maybe if he made them think he'd gone...yeah. A grin went across his face. This was gonna be fun.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
PsychoKez056
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: Christmas 2016: Elizabeth

Post by PsychoKez056 »

Trigger warn: contains self harming.

The plane was crashing again, fire on the wings and people screaming all around her. Mother and brother on the window seat both begging to god for salvation, praying that the pilot could save them. Elizabeth had looked out of the window and glared at the horrible to loud engines and wished they would stop, moments later the engine on her side crumpled and burst into flames.

Shortly after that the second engine blew as well, no matter how loud she screamed she could still hear every one else screaming to... and praying at the same time, but she could only see them screaming.Her mind whited at that point before another nightmare began.This time the building was coming down around her, fire rubble and bodies every where. Jimmy's face flashed for a second and then for what seemed like hours all she could see was those bodies hitting that wall over and over, or the other one she thrown from the window.... the one she'd hit with her mind and his head just snapped back.

The blood dripping from Hisako's eye socket into a pool of petrol that would catch fire, that fire burning through the plane, the school, her home till it twisted into a figure of her father screaming.

*It was your fault! Why didn't you save them? They're dead because you couldn't do it!*

It all repeated over hours, no variations just a few additions since she started school. And it meant when she finally did wake from it because she'd fallen off the mattress she was in a cold sweat crying and sitting bolt upright to scream into the dark of the insane asylum/school.Or she would have done had she been able to move, instead she was screaming silently at the ceiling, body frozen in place with the sensation of a crushing weight on her chest. It was horrible like her body had all over pins and needles
and it became painful before she could move again, curling onto her side and sobbing before she managed a real strangled scream out of terror and frustration of being unable to escape.

Eventually she stopped the screaming and just sobbing for a while, her eyes screwed shut and hands over her ears, wishing the voices would stop and leave her be.When her fathers voice cut through her mind she whimpered and scrabbled onto the bed catching the smallest glimpse of his figure at the end of his bed, mind still convinced he was in the room.It was dark out side, still the middle of the night and meant she needed more sleep but it was the one thing she was to terrified to do. She spent an hour like this, curled up in her duvet begging the voices to stop and to scared to look to the end of her bed.

Eventually it got a bit to much to take anymore, she couldn't distract herself and she was alone in the building again. Diving for her suitcase beside the bed she dragged out a pair of nail scissors and took a very real method of distraction.... by ramming the scissors through her hand.Another scream in shock this time but she was focusing so much on the pain and blood welling that the voices were far off now and she felt... better. Scissors thrown across the room she started flexing her hand focusing on the pain.

23 days without drugs. She just needed better distractions right?