Summer 2017: Christopher

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Summer 2017: Christopher

Post by Starfish »

A couple days after the game "Back in the Picture"

Christopher: Chris leaned back in his favorite chair. His music was up high and the lights were mostly out. He was still in a lot of pain, he really couldn't believe he made it out of the hospital. At least I still have some drugs to tide me over. Chris popped a few in his mouth and downed them with the last of his whiskey. "Damn need more of that now."

Cessily: Cessily stopped by the door and shifted the tray she was carrying to her right hand, carefully balancing the covered goodies as she knocked gently. "Chris, are you awake?" she asked through the closed door, hopefully quiet enough to not wake him up if he happened to be asleep.

Christopher: Chris scrambled a little to hide anything that might be incriminating before he answered her call. "Yeah I'm up." He flipped the lights on and carefully made it to the door.

Cessily: Waiting for the door to be opened, Cessily gave Chris a smile once his face appeared in the gap, still bruised from the punishment he had received. "Hey there, handsome!" She held the tray in both hands again. "You look much better already. How are you feeling?"

Christopher: "Sore." Chris let her get into the trailer with some hesitation. "It probably smells a little let me light a candle." He hobbled through the room and found a decent one and lit it. "What brings you by Cess?" Things were starting to go a little off, but he could handle it, he'd been doing these drugs for a little while now so he was getting used to the effects.

Cessily: "You mean aside from you being almost beaten to death by some fascist robot?" Cessily asked, stepping into the trailer. She grinned and nodded down at the covered tray in her hands. "I just happened to come across some delicious food and juice, and thought I'd stop by to see if anyone fed you already."

Christopher: "Makin me sound like a caged down there Cess." He let his eyes wander a little when the drugs kicked in but quickly came back to reality. "Nah I haven't ate yet. Thanks." He smiled and moved over to his makeshift dinning area.

Cessily: "As far as I can tell, it's you who keeps locking himself up in here," Cessily replied, masking the gentle rebuke with another kind smile. She followed him through the narrow room and set down her tray on the small table. "And you're more than welcome. Besides, I like to make sure everyone is as fine as they can be."

Christopher: "Yeah I'm a big boy. I like to hide out here with all my projects." He pointed out a few, the newer ones looking a little more erratic and dark.

Cessily: "Are you sure it's good to hide in here all the time?" Cessily asked, sliding onto the narrow bench opposite from him. "Perhaps some fresh air would do you some good sometime. Hank and Anna told me that you're healing surprisingly slowly and hardly responding to any treatment."

Christopher: "Yeah... looks like the Sentinel did a number on me." He lied trying to ignore the voice in the back of his head that was telling him it was the drugs. "I just need to clean up a little in here and open up the windows. I'll be fine."

Cessily: Cessily gave him another smile, arranging the food on the table between them. "Okay," she said, glancing up at Chris' face. "I only want you to take good care of you. Maybe you should go and get another check up, just in case."

Christopher: "Yeah, probably." Chris sighed. The more he went in there for them to look at him the more he worried about them figuring out he was on something.

Cessily: The mutant girl responded with another small smile, trusting her feeling that told her not to push him too hard too quickly. "I'm just glad nothing worse happened," she said. "The fight has been all over the news. That could have really turned ugly, but I guess I don't need to tell you that."

Christopher: "Yeah didn't expect to be shut down so easilly." Chris rubbed his injured hand.

Cessily: "I don't think anyone did, so you have nothing to blame yourself for there," Cessily assured him, pausing briefly to show Christopher a small smile. "Though, I heard you already weren't feeling that well even before the sentinels attacked."

Christopher: Chris shrugged and took a bite of the snacks she'd brought. "Rough day, Can you blame me with Hope in the hospital and trying to open a tattoo shop?"

Cessily: "No, not at all," Cessily admitted, biting her lip. She folded her hands on the table. "How are you holding up? If you'd like to talk about it, I'm here."

Christopher: "I'm alive. Hope came in the other night and had a yell fest at me. Guess I needed it?" He rolled his eyes a little. "At least the damn thing didn't kill me. I mean someone had to stop it, or at least try to."

Cessily: "Yes, but it came frighteningly close," Cessily replied, hesitating a moment before reaching across the table to touch his uninjured hand. "You're not helping anyone by getting yourself killed, okay?"

Christopher: "Probably would have gotten the project shut down if it'd happened." Chris shrugged. "Those things are an atrocity."

Cessily: Cessily sighed and looked down at her shiny fingers. "I hope people will realize how dangerous these things are before it comes to that, but I'm afraid it'll first have to come to the worst before anyone stops to think what they're doing. Sometimes I have my doubts if even the people who built them have any idea what those machines are capable of."

Christopher: "Yeah... if they're going to use an agent that depowers us then why the hell do they have all that firepower. They don't that's the damn problem"

Cessily: "Not to mention they kept just gassing that entire crowd of people," Cessily remarked, slightly agitated. "I mean, there were probably children among them! That can't be right. I'd be surprised if they even tested that stuff for side-effects."

Christopher: "We could probably get a lot of people to start freaking out and making a fuss about that." He laughed.

Cessily: "You know, I think that's actually what needs to be done." Cessily said and held up her hand. "I can't believe that the people are so blinded by their fear of mutants that they can't see the danger of what they're cheering for. Or... I rather don't want to believe it."

Christopher: "Grass roots campaign to get people on our side." He moved to get himself a beer. "Do you want one?"

Cessily: "It wouldn't be the first time we did that," Cessily replied, trying to make herself sound hopeful. "We managed to win the people's support once, so perhaps we can do it again." She looked at the offered bottle. "Do you have something else? Some lemonade, perhaps?"

Christopher: "Uhmm maybe something." He searched through his stuff that was for mixing drinks. "I have some sweet tea, that good?"

Cessily: "Oh yeah, that's perfect. Thanks!" Cessily waited for him to return with their drinks. "So, is there anything you need? If I can get you something, you just need to tell me."

Christopher: "Got a button that'll make my girlfriend not hate me anymore?" Chris got comfortable and opened his bottle. "Or a magic button that will heal me instantly?"

Cessily: "I'm afraid I can't really help you with your girlfriend, aside from offering good advice," Cessily replied, a small smile playing across her lips as she unscrewed the lid of her beverage. "But maybe you could let take Anna another shot at trying to speed your recovery. I'm sure she'd try her best to help you."

Christopher: "I'll probably just have to go grovel... Guess I was pretty stupid." Chris took another drink of the beer. "Maybe get her some chocolate."

Cessily: Cessily arched her eyebrows as she took a swig from her bottle. "Chocolate?" she asked, giving him a lopsided. "Don't get me wrong, chocolate is wonderful, and many girls might kill for it in the right moment, but I'm afraid that won't be enough in this case."

Cessily: She quickly held up her finger. "Definitely give her some anyway, though, because chocolate is never a wrong idea. Only not bringing chocolate is."

Christopher: "Chocolate and guns. I think I could smooth over anything with those when it comes to Hope." Chris chuckled a little when his stoned mind thought of guns that shot chocolate.

Cessily: Cessily laughed. "There has to be bullet shaped chocolate somewhere," she said, still chuckling to herself. "The quickest way to any gun loving girl's heart." She raised her bottle of tea again. "Because I think you really shouldn't be handing her live ammunition until you've worked everything out."

Christopher: "Or my healing kicks back in. Don't think Anna and McCoy want to preform surgery on a guy who can't heal."

Cessily: "Yeah, they're all quite concerned about that," Cessily admitted, looking down at her silver fingers while she peeled off the label of her bottle. "Hank speculated something about an allergic reaction to the depowering agent, but I feel he's really as clueless as the rest of us. You seem to have been affected far worse than everyone else."

Christopher: "I'm sure I'm fine. Shit's probably just not wanting to leave my system or something. Probably allergic reaction like Hank said." Chris was starting to get a little defensive. He really didn't want people to know it was probably the drugs he was taking.

Cessily: Cessily looked up and gave Christopher a strained smile. "I think he wants to run a few more blood tests, and that's probably a good idea, if you ask me." She met his gaze. "Promise you stop by the medlab sometime?"

Christopher: "Yeah I think Hope plans on dragging me in later today, or tomorrow. I don't know." Chris chugged down his beer, enjoying the feeling it gave him now that he didn't have the healing factor to stop it's desired effect.

Cessily: "Well, try to be a good boy and do as she says, okay?" Cessily offered him what she hoped to turn out to be an uplifting smile. "Because she only wants your best. And believe me, if you're trying to convince her you're not an idiot, the best thing to do is not act like one."

Christopher: "Well you know me." Chris shrugged. "Stupid ideas pretty much follow me around. Heard I got Shaw's eardrum blown out yet?"

Cessily: "I wondered what that was about, yes." Cessily replied, looking up from where she was still peeling away at the label. "Sometimes I wonder if you're out to seek any punishment you can find. In that regard, you remind me too much of Mel."

Christopher: "Heh, shouldn't she remind you of me then? I mean I've been around for a little bit longer." Chris laughed a little. "And what's the use of life if you don't have a little fun?"

Cessily: "That's because between the two of you, you used to be the more reasonable one," Cessily replied, her stern look softened by the wry smile she put on. "And are we still talking about only wanting to have fun?"

Christopher: "Guess I've stopped caring with age?" Chris shrugged. "Though I don't know, I did some pretty stupid shit when I was young. I mean that cage fight thing was ridiculously stupid."

Cessily: The silver girl chuckled and averted her gaze. "I think we all did some things we're not proud of." A moment later she looked back at Christopher, offering another smile. "But that's okay, as long as we learn from our mistakes."

Christopher: "Yeah, maybe I should make a list of things I can't manage to do. Check take down badass robot first."

Cessily: "Don't be too hard on yourself," Cessily replied, before taking another sip from her tea. "The others didn't do any better, either. Well, they had the smarts to run away when they realized their powers weren't working..."

Christopher: "Heh, guess I'm just thick headed. Never did learn to run away from a challenge."

Cessily: "Maybe we should start teaching that here at the school." A hint of bitterness echoed in Cessily's laugh. "Perhaps more of us would still be here with us if we had taken that lesson to heart a little sooner."

Christopher: "Who knows, life's a bitter bitch when it comes to teaching lessons and handing out gifts." Chris got comfortable. "Losing people sucks." He sighed, his light hearted spirit all but gones thanks to all the events that had happened.

Cessily: "I know." Cessily lowered her gaze, her attention on her fingers as she kept peeling away the label. "And you don't get used to it. Not that you should ever have to."

Christopher: "Not in the slightest. Life's like a box of chocolates my ass, life's like a box of chocolates everyone else already took a bite out of."

Cessily: "It's hard to argue with that, especially after last year." Cessily resigned with a sigh, but even then the hint of a smile found its way back on her lips. "But I don't know - having any chocolate in the first place seems like a good enough reason to feel happy for."

Christopher: "You're just a bundle of sunshin aint ya Cess?" Chris laughed a little bit. "Hard to be depressed around you."

Cessily: The silver girl couldn't hold back her grin any longer. "Why do you think did they ask me to become school counsellor?" Cessily chuckled. "It's not because I have any idea what I'm doing here."

Christopher: "Hmm well they gotta hire atleast one teacher that's good at their job I guess." Chris just shrugged. "I think my students are just taking most of my classes so they can hit things."

Cessily: "To be honest, I think my class is only popular because everyone believes visual arts to be really easy and I have a reputation of being very easy going." Cessily smiled to herself before raising the bottle up to her mouth. "And of course there's the rumour that I do all modelling myself and even offer, uhm, private tutoring."

Christopher: "Oh so that's why all your classes are always full. Well can't say I blame them, I remember fauning over that body of yours when I first came to the school too."

Cessily: Cessily laughed and flipped back her hair. "While I'm very flattered, I think that's something that should better remain between you and me. Hope might get the false idea if she hears you fancied another redhead."

Christopher: "Probably, she'd most likely put an end to my existence with everything else that's going on." Chris closed his eyes and tried to relax a little. "Wouldn't be too hard to do that in my current state either."

Cessily: "I guess that's how it is for most people every day of their life," Cessily replied, giving Christopher another wry smile. "Puts things in perspective, doesn't it? Maybe you'll learn something from it. I only hope that blow was strong enough to get the lesson through your thick skull."

Christopher: "Nope, not in the least." Chris tapped his noggin a little. "Nothing can break through this lead cassing."

Cessily: "Another thing you better don't tell Hope." Cessily laughed. "Because I have feeling she might take that as a challenge to try for herself."

Christopher: "If you see her dragging a bloody bag and a shovel across the lawn, you'll know what happened."

Cessily: "Well, I'm still mildly hopeful that we can keep things from escalating that far," Cessily commented, leaning forward to brush a hand through Christopher's hair. "But that requires you to start looking after yourself."

Christopher: "Careful now. Or you might get your own redhead you can't handle coming after you." Chris winced a little when he tried to laugh this time. "I should probably go get my classroom ready..."

Cessily: "You should get yourself ready first," Cessily insisted, getting to her feet first so she could help up Chris. "I recommend a really hot shower and a nap. That's an old family recipe."

Christopher: "Gotta get the forge heated up. I'll rest when I get a chance." Chris took her offered help and lead her back to the door. "Thanks for the advice though Cess. Glad I have a friend like you."

Cessily: "I'm only trying to be the friend that I would like to have when I need them." Cessily stopped by the door and turned around, taking Chris in a gentle hug. "Get well soon, Chris. And promise you'll schedule another appointment with Hank."

Christopher: "As soon as I get a chance." Chris hugged her back and moved back to get all of his stuff for his class. "I'll let you know what they say."

Cessily: "Thanks, and you do that." Cessily gave him another smile, then raised her hand to wave goodbye. "Take care, Chris." Turning away, she left the small trailer and stepped back outside.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Re: Summer 2017: Christopher

Post by JackSkulls »

A few days later.

Hope: Working in the lab was still something that soothed Hope unlike anything else. Her projects with Shaw were always ones that pushed her to think more creatively and push the envelope. She had her music blasting as she worked on the circuit board in front of her, singing along with the song.

Christopher Chris tapped on the door with his still injured hand, cringing a little. "Hey..." He leaned up against the door frame. "Can I come in?"

Hope: Not hearing him, Hope continued her work, still singing along. She lifted put on some magnifying glasses to get a better look at the circuit board.

Christopher Chris moved into the room and tapped her shoulder gently. "Hope?"

Hope: She jumped, nearly dropping the board but managed to save it. "Shit fuck holy shit. Chris!" She set the board and her glasses down, spinning to turn the music off.

Christopher "Hey..." Chris pocketed his injured hand. "I want to be stronger for you."

Hope: She stared at him blankly for a moment while her mind switched gears to him. "Stronger for me?"

Christopher "I couldn't come stay with you when you were in the hospital...."

Hope: "Yeah about that. Why not?" She tapped on the arm of her chair with her finger softly, antsy.

Christopher "Just... couldn't, broke down when Bobby told me. I came by to see you and just couldn't handle it." Chris ran his hand through his hair.

Hope: "Just... couldn't," she echoed, sighing. What was she supposed to say to that. She just kept quiet, allowing him to continue.

Christopher "Just felt like it was all my fault... I wasn't there to protect you and I just felt worthless."

Hope: Now that caught her attention. "Chris... you know that I chose to get hit right? Bobby tried to get me out of there, but I chose to go back."

Christopher "No I didn't. But it doesn't change how I felt." He chewed his lip a little. "I don't know what all happened. It was just one thing after another."

Hope: "But it should change how you feel about that. It wasn't anything you could do. I got hurt because I put myself there to keep Bobby safe. It had nothing to do with you, though I knew the outcome would be bad."

Christopher "Yeah. I hear what you're saying Hope. All I've got is that I can protect people. But that's all just going away lately. I don't know where I'm at anymore."

Hope: "Then maybe you should figure that out. I'm not with you because you can protect me. I can take care of myself and I have people who are paid to do that for me. I'm with you because I love you. But apparently you don't feel the same way and it isn't enough for you."

Christopher "I never said I didn't love you Hope." Chris paused for a moment, the L word still was weird for him when it wasn't Greer he was talking to. "Hope I just... I broke when you got hurt... I just didn't know what to do."

Hope: "All you had to do was show up, Chris. Just... show up."

Christopher "I know Hope.... I'm sorry. I messed up. Don't know how to fix it other than be here for you now."

Hope: "And are you going to do that? Or are you going to go find some clever way to off yourself?"

Christopher "Just finally figuring out that I'm not indestructible. Guess I had this crazy idea I couldn't be hurt. Guess that was dead wrong."

Hope: She gave him an odd look. She knew his power set. "You mean emotionally? Because I thought you knew that could hurt. Physically? Only when your powers are knocked out..."

Christopher "I guess both. Cuz that thing laid me out pretty hard with my powers." Chris sighed. "Guess I need you more than I thought. Only took you almost getting killed to show me..." He frowned.

Hope: "Yeah well, I guess that goes for both of us," she admitted.

Christopher "Dunno... you handle yourself better than me hun." Chris still didn't feel like he deserved to touch her, let alone look at her.

Hope: "I didn't exactly let you in all the way. Finally realized that."

Christopher "I didn't make it easy for you. Really not with shit like this..."

Hope: She sighed and scrubbed her face with her hand. "Let's get some lunch."

Christopher "Anything you want Hope." Chris tried to muster up a warm smile for her.

Hope: She matched his smile and got to her feet, moving to him and sliding her arms around him for a hug.

Christopher Chris winced a little with the hug. His ribs were still bothering him like his hand. "You getting stronger babe?" He tried to play it off with a joke.

Hope: "Always a possibility," she reached up to stroke his cheek.

Christopher "I'll have to hide my weights from you." He leaned over and kissed her cheek.

Hope: "Maybe you should figure out where your powers are instead. They should be back by now."

Christopher He gave her a confused expression. "I'm okay, promise."

Hope: "Let's start by not lying to me, Chris. You clearly aren't ok."

Christopher Chris chewed his lip and slowly, and painfully pulled his shirt up to show how he was still bruised. "Didn't want you to worry."

Hope: She frowned, touching him gently. "Chris... where are your powers?"

Christopher "Dunno... First time I've woken up in a hospital since I got my powers." He winced a little because he expected pain.

Hope: "I think you should go see the medical team."

Christopher "I'll be fine I'm sure. Prolly just bad reaction to that de-power gas stuff."

Hope: "Maybe... if your powers aren't back tomorrow, I'm hauling you down there though."

Christopher "Can't just haul me to bed and take care of me?" Chris snuggled into her, carefully slipping his bad hand to her back so she wouldn't notice it.

Hope: "After the way you winced at the hug? Not a chance."

Christopher "Damn and here I thought I was going to pampered a little." He laughed a little but it didn't work well for him.

Hope: She leaned up to kiss him softly, slipping her hand into his. "As much pampering as I got."

Christopher Chris cringed into the kiss. "I'd pamper you whenever you asked."

Hope: "Well let's go get pampered with some lunch."

Christopher "Anything you want Hope." He kissed her forehead.