12/15 Game: Brick Wall.

Read our full Game transcripts here!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Xavier sat grimly, watching his students file in.

Walking in, her bag over one shoulder, Lizzie sat alone at the front and put her bag neatly at her feet, and looked to Xavier, her hands neatly folded in her lap.

Amara wandered into the lecture hall and slumped into a chair near the back pulling out a bag of sweets. Xavier didn't look happy, maybe she should offer him one?

Rogue walked in and gave the Professor a soft smile as she went to a seat, crossing her legs, and waiting for Xavier to tell them something good...She hoped

Cessily headed into the room, giving Dr. Xavier a nod and a small, polite smile before sitting down at one of the tables. "Hello, Professor." She put her bag in front of her on the tabletop and glanced over to Lizzie. "Hey, Liz!"

Tessa wandered in to the hall, rubbing the side of her jaw, and searching for Cessily. "Hey, sweetie. Did I miss anything?"

"Hey," she nodded to Cess, then looked back to Xavier, sitting up in her seat.

"Hey, love." She smiled up at Tessa. "Nope, not yet."

Looking over her shoulder, Cessily waved at Rogue and Amara. "Hey, girls!"

Shiro jazzed in to the lecture hall on infrared mode checking the temperatures. He sat down in to the front left.

Rogue waved back at Cess, "Hey, sugah. Hey Tessa."

Japh stumbled into the room, spotting Cess immediately, and moving towards her and sat down next to her, giving her a peck on her cheek.

"Hey Lizzie." Tessa waved as she sat down next to Cess. "Hey roomie. Sorry I'm late, lost track of time in the DR."

Namor was already seated near the front of the hall, lost in thought.

Amara smiled back at Cess, "Hey! Are you guys alright?"

She shifted a little so she couldn't see the kissy lovey stuff going on. Not that they weren't entitled to do it, she just didn't feel she could see it right now.

"Hey, Japh." Cessily returned the peck on the cheek, before turning to Amara. "Yes, I guess as alright as can be, given the circumstances."

"Please everyone take a seat," Xavier said, as they milled about.

"Wow, that is cool" he said when he switched the infrared of with a blink of his eyes

Namor looked around to see where Xavier's voice was coming from.

"I know we are all concerned with the recent apparent disappearance of our friends," he started, clearing his throat a bit. This was never an easy task.

...Just a bit.

Cessily opened her bag and took out her notebook and a pen, before turning to face Xavier.

"Though I urge each of you to contact your team leaders, as we all are working toward bringing them back," he said. "By now you should have all been contacted as to what team you have been assigned."

Tessa raised an eyebrow at the professor's statement. Oh, only a little.

"Psh yeah, like a year ago"

Leaning over to Tessa, she whispered: "What team did they put you on?"

Amara sighed. Yeah, combat team. Big surprise there. She poped another sweet into her mouth and chewed thoughtfully. This did of course mean that she really had to start practising with her other ability. Even if it did wipe her out.

Namor listened closely as Xavier spoke, anxious for the call to action, anxious to fly into battle.

"Information and Security. With Japh." Tess whispered back at Cess. "The amazing breathing rolodex, that's me."

"Heh, well, I think you'll do great there. With your amazing mind you should be really awesome on the Investigation team." Cessily smiled and crossed her legs. With Remy being absent from this meeting, she had to note down anything that would be relevant for the Infiltration team.

Rogue simply nodded at Xavier's statement, chewing her lip and waiting for him to continue. She stole a glance at Liz and hoped she was doing ok...

"And..."

"Are there any new info's, Doctor?" Cessily also glances around the room. Maybe some of the other teams knew more already.

"I want to open the floor to a bit of discussion, but first I want to reenforce that your safety is always our top priority, and that security measures are being taken to make sure this does not happen again."

He turned to Cessily. "Sadly, not yet. However, we are working on it."

"I pity the person who tries to enter our school again!" Namor said. "He will face the avenging son."

"He'll face more than that," Lizzie snarled slightly under her breath.

"What do you think happened, Professor? Ah've heard lots of theories so far.." Rogue sat forward in her chair.

"I pity the person who still belives in that"

"What sort of security measures?" Josh asked, doing his best to sound respectful.

Cessily nodded slowly. She had hoped for something more when Xavier announced this meeting. "That's good to hear."

"I.." he paused. "I cannot say for certain, Rogue. But security has been tightened all over the grounds, Josh. Be certain of that."

Rogue nodded and sat back, a bit disappointed. She hoped maybe he had something better than what she'd heard.

"For one I guess we are all much more wary ever since that happened," she told Josh. "I'm still surprised with how much ease the others were taken, though."

Josh sighed but nodded, and gave Rogue a sympathizing glance. "Yeah, that's what's still botherine me," he said in answer to Cessily. "You're right though... I guess it's better we're alert now." He slumped down a little with a troubled frown.

Biting her lip in frustration, she drummed her fingers on the arm of her seat. It seemed almost unthinkable that they still knew so little, with all their resources..

Amara looked over at Cess, "I'm not surprised at all. Some people spend far too much time alone and far away from the building." She decided not to name names.

"The world can be cruel, which is why we must be strong and defend ourselves and our institution."

"Please tell me I didn't come here just to hear this" he mumbled while he switched the infra on and off

"Most of them taken don't, though." Lizzie remarked.

"The six people were obviously taken for their mutations. What we need to figure out is why those six were special enough to attract attention." Tessa said, thinking and chewing on her lip. "What do we know of their powers?"

"Where they unique? Does anyone else have the same abilities?" Namor asked the classmates assembled.

"I don't know... you probably have already thought of this, but maybe Japh could inspect the sites where this happened another time." She smiled at Japh. "With his psychometry, he could see what exactly happened there. Maybe he'll even see who did it."

"This is why it's so important that we work together, and we all put in our efforts," he told them, glad they were already brainstorming. It was incredible how far these kids had come.

"Well..When Warren was taken I could feel it to the point where I passed out, as I assume he had."

Slouching a little in her seat she played with her sleeve. "I remember most of all, feeling...dizzy. Really dizzy."

Rogue turned to Namor, "Well, Kyle's a feral. An' so is Vic... So, Kyle's not really unique in that way."

"But even if he could see them, if we don't know them it gives us no further information." She shrugged and looked at Lizzie. "Like air sickness?"

"No, not like air sickness."

Cessily gave Lizzie a sympathetic look, resiting the urge to just head over and hug her.

"True Rogue," Namor rubbed his chin. "And if they wanted a flying mutant, Namor also flies."

"Psh, I didn't find any marks or signs of anything on the sites. Slight temperature changes but that's nothing out of usual" he said.

Josh rubbed the bridge of his nose and folded his hands. He felt he was a little out of his league here. Best to just keep my ears open, I guess, he thought, trying to ignore the sinking feeling in his chest.

"This has been hard on us all," Xavier frowned. This was never what he intended for this school. This was supposed to be safe, people were entrusting him with their children. He sighed.

Cessily leaned back in her chair and chewed on her pen. "I'm not sure, but whoever is responsible for this must have detailed information about us and this place. They knew when and where the others were."

Rogue nodded in response, "True. An' so do Ah. Ah just don't have wings."

"Very professional. They're making sure they're three steps ahead of us."

"I trust, Dr. Xavier, that you have considered the possibility this was an inside job?" Namor asked.

"Well assuming they're the ones who took the files in the first place, they have enough information anyway. At least enough to know what they were up against..."

"How do we know someone here is not involved?"

She sighed. "And what worries me even more... those who were taken are not defenseless. Some of them are very skilled and they have powers." She looked around, frowning. "And yes they still haven't been able to free themselves of sent us any sign about their whereabouts:"

"Inside job?" Josh's eyebrows flew up. This dude was accusing people at the school? He whirled around in his seat to look at the others with an expression of wide-eyed disbelief.

"They are all fairly powerful mutants... All of them would be an asset if they were used for something like a covert operations group." She was thinking lgihtning fast, running through most of the ideas she could come up with. Tessa sighed. "Jackie especially." That possibility still creeped her out.

"And I can't feel Warren at all. That's what worries me as the connection is always there."

"I can assure that this was not an 'inside job'," his gaze turned to Namor. "Need I remind I am one of the greatest telepaths."

"What if they took them to...weaken us, Ah guess? Is that possible?"

"Weaken us"

Cessily nodded at Lizzie. "Whoever took them had to know a way to deal with their powers."

"If they really wanted to weaken us I think there would be more of us missing by now."

"You speak like this something but a school"

Amara nodded at Tess, Meggan would be a dangerous asset to any organisation, empathy was dangerous. She still wasn't convinced Meggan hadn't brainwashed half the people at the school.

"That implies... what would they be weakening us for?"

She looked over to Josh. "Do you really want to consider that?"

"Well, we are on teams...Ah'm on combat. Meaning, fighting. So obviously it's more than a school. Ah doubt we have these teams f' fun."

"I am merely reminded of last week," Namor stood. "The Westchester Waffle House was robbed. It turned out to be Bubba, the morning cook who became greedy and desperate for money."

He wished he had more answers, as they all looked to him for them. But simply..he didn't.

He lifted a brow at the boy. "You....imply Bubba could have something to do with this?"

Amara raised an eyebrow at Namor, "You're a very strange man..." she said almost to herself.

"Dr. Xavier is right. We have lots of telepaths here. No one would have been able to hide the fact that they're involved." Cessily shook her head. "And I can't think of anyone here who would do such a thing anyway."

Lizzie actually forgot herself for a moment and blinked. "There are actually people named Bubba?"

"There are more ways than one to weaken a group. Take away the foundation and the entire structure is compromised..." Tessa jiggled her fooot. "Maybe they're aiming to turn our friends against us?"

"In these cases, I believe we need to keep all possibilities on the table."

"You mean like...brainwashing them?" She looked at Tessa.

"But, no, Bubba is incarcerated. I meant we should trust no one."

"Ah, but then again. "us" hasn't done anything. Merely rescued one fellow student about a year ago, and thats about it. What I mean is "us" hasn't really been globally active"

"Shiro does have a point..."

"And why would anyone want to weaken us? No reason, since about every person in this school is a mutie, I guess someone just decided to get some labrats or something similiar."

"Point taken fiery one," Namor said and began rubbing his chin again.

"Who can we trust if not each other?" he made a face at the boy. "This is the point of this school. To show each other support."

"If there would be an alien landing in anywhere, what do you think goverments would do with them? They wouldn't sure as hell shake their hands and give them flowers" he said while he scratched the tattoos on his hands

"Shiro has a good point. If they're experimenting on the missing kids, that could very well be why Lizziew can't feel a bond between her and Warren. And possibly why they've not come back yet."

"What possible good could come of experimenting on them?"

"Well maybe they have some sort of sheilding there. Because I know I feel it whenever Warren is being poked during a checkup as he hates it so I'm pretty sure I'd know if he was being used as a labrat."

"Finding out what makes their mutations work. Why they are what they are." She bit her lip. "Unless they're forcing a severance of that bond. There's no way to know why it's not there yet."

Cessily nodded vigorously. "Dr. Xavier is right. We have to be there for each other. But who would abduct some of us to experiment on them? I mean, wouldn't those people at least try to ask us first before relying on such drastic measures?"

He took a deep breath. This was the kind of thing he'd been afraid of. "There is no reason to make assumptions that have no basis. We will only cause hysteria."

"What possible good comes out of experiementing with anything mankind doesn't really know about" he said while he continued to look at his hands

"If they found out what made their mutations work, then what woul they do with that information? Try to mutate themselves?" Josh asked, shoving his hands through his hair.

"Severence as in sheilding as I said. Exerpimentation alone is no cause to block it!"

"Perhaps they are looking for a way to demutate mutants?"

"I agree with cess. If they'd just ask nicely I'd be glad to show them what I can do." She smiled cunningly.

Namor looked toward Josh.

Clenching her fist, she squeezed her eyes shut. "And this kind of talk will get us nowhere but panicked. We don't know what is happening so speculation will only cause more damage in the longrun."

Tessa looked straight at Lizzie. "Unless they don't want anyone to know what's going on."

"...I have said they are using sheilding on them about three times already."

"Yes, I guess many here would be more than willing to have others help them figure out the nature of their mutation. I mean, that's the reason many of us are here. To get answers:"

That wasn't really what Amara had in mind but she smiled at Cess anyway.

He looked to Lizzie, then heard a bit in his head. "I must adjourn. But remember, you all are the key to figuring this out. We will get the missing students back," he said in his attempt at a pep talk, and left the room.

"Alright then, let's start from square one. What are their mutations? Maybe by finding a comonality in them we can get a new course."

Cessily glanced at Lizzie. "They undoubtedly know about telepathy and how to block it. After all, they would have never gotten past Dr. Xavier or the others unnoticed." She frowned. "Maybe we're looking for another telepath."

"I agree we will get nowhere guessing. We need a plan to locate the classmates and go from there."

"Alright, who put you in charge? We can't chase tails on this!"

"I'm all for a plan," Josh said. "That anybody's in charge of."

"Me too," said Amara,

"I don't see how their mutations got anything to do with locating them"

"I was looked at a sort of a leader of young society in Atlanta," Namor said. "I am merely speaking my mind."

"But they might do as soon as we have found them."

"You don't have to be a telepath to block telepathy. Almost anyone can learn how to sheild. Then there's the possibility that it's someone who can simply block mutant powers full stop or someone who can use their power to become effectively invisible."

"What we need is real evidence. Not maybe this maybe that. It won't get us anywhere at all. Does anyone have any information on what happened at the scenes?"

"There is no commonality in their powers, Tess." Amara sighed, "But clearly someone thinks they're useful."

"That's true, Liz, but how would they know how to block it if they never had contact with a telepath? Someone who taught them how to do it." She nodded, slowly. "I'm quite certain not that we're dealing with a telepath here. Or at least someone who know one."

"Or it could be their power to block powers."

"Well, Ah think first, we need ta find out what we're up against, human or mutant? Ah think almost all of us agree mutant, right? And, how many of them? Ah doubt one person could take the six of them by him or herself in the 16 minutes they had."

"As I said, if you wanted to know what happened there, you really had to be there."

((*-not +now))

"If we know why they ewre taken, and only they were taken, we can narrow down who might have done it." Tessa worried her tongue between her teeth as she spoke, giving up on speaking loud enough for anyone to hear and just working on it herself.

"I checked everything and everywhere three times, scanned around for temperature changes, looked for any kind of physical evidence and there wasn't any"

"How soon after did you check, Shiro?"

"It's certainly an organised group who did this."

"As soon as I heard about it and got the correct information"

Amara got up and plonked herself next to Tess, "I can tell you about Meggan's powers - I did a lot of research back when I hated her."

"Maybe there were just the easiest targets?" She suggested. "Because they were on their own when it happened." Cessily looked at Lizzie. "Yeah, that might also be the case."

"Well, it could be that I happen to be a dumb blind fuck" he mumbled and scratched his forehands

"Well, six mutants in such a short timespace, it had to be more than one person - even if it was a case of...picking them up." Lizzie swallowed. "You tried, Shiro, that's the main thing."

"Perhaps there is reason to why certain classmates were taken," Namor said. "Perhaps they were picked at random to keep us guessing."

"Ah nevah said that, Shiro. Ah was just askin'. Ah'm sorry. An' exactly, Liz... You tried, sugah. An' we're all grateful f' that."

"All of them that were taken, would be able to get out in usual circumstances right? Is there any sort of technology or mutation that can inhibit someone's powers?"

Tessa looked at Mara consideringly. "I appreciate it. But I can tell mutations once I look at a person who's got them. It sucks a bit." She shook her head.

"Okay, okay..." Cessily gesticulated with one hand while she took notes with the other one. "So we can probably say that it was more than one person, that they had information about us, that they somehow are able to block our powers, at least when it comes to telepahty."

"...There's technology that can inhibit mutant powers." Lizzie shuddered.

Amara blinked, "You can? Wow... do you know how they work too? 'Cause that'd be really helpful right now..."

"No really, I could track you in a dense jungle three days after you've been there. But I couldn't find a single track. Which is a fucking mystery. So the question is how"

"Specially trained on how to cover their tracks?"

"They don't want us to find any evidence of what they did. That much is obvious."

"The question remains, though. How do we find them?" Cessily looked around. "If we can't find any traces here where they were taken, I don't see much chances how to find a trace of them. They could be anywhere by now."

"Yeah, I do. I'm trying to think them out but it's not helping anyone else." Tessa sighed. "I mean it doesn't help me figure out why they're gone if their mutation isn't it."

Rogue turned to Lizzie, "What kind of technology, exactly?"

"As far as I knew it was destroyed when the unit that took some of us was disbanded and wiped out last year."

"But they must have a headquarters. Does it really make sense they could be far away, even if we can't find them? They were taking six kidnapped students. Maybe they aren't far away."

"Perhaps they will answer our questions for us. Perhaps they will be back, as scary as that may be."

"Last time they were in Britain, so I don't think they were using a van"

"Well, they seem very professional so they must have had some sort of transport to get them wherever they were going."

Cessily sighed. "All right, let's try something different. If we assume that they are using some kind of technology to block mutant powers, that must leave traces, no? I mean, you can't buy such a tech in the next mall. That has to be highly specialised high tech."

"Yeah, but they came here for mutants. It's not like here is the only place with mutants. Why wouldn't they have a picked a source close to them?"

Tucking her hair beind her ear, she shrugged a little. "We can't put out that they're close, but right on our doorstep? We're not the only mutants in the world."

"This doesn't have ta be tha same person as last time... What if they are close ta here? That's a scary thought."

"How many places like that do you know?"

"Well, even if there are mutants elsewhere, here we are concentrated on one spot." Cessily put on a sincere expression. "And with obvious mutants like me around, it wouldn't take long until people notice that there are mutants living at this place."

"I mean for me," Amara told Tess, "They've assigned me to the combat team and my powers are all over the place because I found out last semester I that I can turn into a walking inferno. I don't know how to control it and it totally drains all my energy." She sighed, "it's annoying as hell and I'm going to be no use to anyone like this." she held up her bag of sweets, "Have to eat all the damned time."

"Places that have a lot of mutants hanging around, and places that advertize themselves in public by saying "All mutants come here"."

"We don't advertise ourselves though," Lizzie commented. "And if it was so close, why didn't they come in, put the school in lockdown and use every last one of us?"

Rogue sighed, she was beginning to get a headache, "Ah have no idea..."

"Isn't that obvious" he said and glanced up and back to his hands, now heating his fingers a bit.

Tess shrugged at Mara's telling her that. "My medicine makes me have to get more sugar too." She shook her head quickly and looked at Lizzie. "They weren't ready for all of us. Or they needed to use equipment that's not here."

Cessily nodded. "However, we're also not hiding away out here. I visit the city regularly, and I'm hard to miss. Everyone could have followed me here and found out about this school."

"If they were close they could just drive their equiptment in and not have to debate about which of us to have to take off with?"

"They can't have not been ready or they wouldn't have taken a single one. What would the point be?"

Tessa ran a hand through her hair. "Maybe they were ready for some, but not all of us. How many people do we have at this school? And how many of us have the same powers?"

"Maybe the equipment is too big to haul?"

She gesticulated with her hands. "Maybe they don't want an overlap."

"Maybe they just aren't powerful enough to take on all of us," Josh said.

"Maybe they only wanted certain people? Something in their files maybe sounded interesting...?"

"Ah know that Ah'm the only one who's got the absorption type power. But Eve's is similar to mine...."

"As far as I'm concerned I think I'm the only me in this school"

"Maybe they have some sort of Star Trek technology to beam people and things in and out of places. Distance would not matter then."

"So like... what, mass teleportation?"

"No power is exactly the same if you think about it."

"Maybe there's not enough of them to handle all of us."

"Teleportation is a known mutant power so we can't discount it."

"Exactly my thought," Namor said.

"Like Father Wagner."

"That being the case, why hnot teleport all their stuff here? If they can control those six what's stopping them controling the rest of us?"

Cessily crossed her legs and made sure to note down interesting points, although she doubted that any of this would really help them finding out about the culprits.

"They would have to be powerful then," Josh said. "I dunno much about teleportation, but don't people usually having limits with their powers anyway? So if they were teleporting, they must have had a cut-off point for weight or distance. Maybe?"

"This is why we can't jump to conculsions and throw seven different agruments in as there's reasons for and against them all"!

He raised his head and glanced at the girl Amara "That doesn't make any sense you know"

"The fact that they took six of us while they were out there on their own tells us that they are not able to deal with all of at the same time, no?"

*us

"Too many sppplits of attention. With aides it's easy to handle six kids. It'd be considerably harder to control one hundred." Tess dug a mint out of her pocket and munched

"They may be close, they may not be, they may be testing on them they may not be. And there may be one person or twenty."

"And the fact that they didn't teleport all of their things here, shouldn't that be proof of somekind that they can't teleport?"

"Well, what 'things' do we even know they have?" Josh said.

"Lizzie is right, all this speculation isn't helping." Cessily sighed in frustration. "I still say we should try to think of who might have the resources to do something like that."

"Hell, you don't even know if they did teleport"

"Elizabeth is right," Namor stood again. "We know nothing. I must clear my head and will take to the skies. Perhaps I'll see something."

Wow, now people were thinking logically. "Yeah, Rogue, it does a bit." she grinned. "And Josh, we know they have some way to block powers and we know they have to have some kind of large tansport."

Rogue sighed, "Ah don't know... But Ah do know that Ah'm gettin' a headache... Ah need ta lie down. Will someone come let me know if y'all figure anythin' out?"

"Technology that can block mutant powers is hard to get by, I'd say. So I guess we're looking at rather wealthy individuals."

Ah this conversation started to get pointless, so he raised his legs on the bench in front took the harp from his pocket and started playing a low tone hymn

"Near or not, they'd need to to relocate six unconcious mutants, that is if teleportation is not on the cards."

"There are just too many variables," Josh groaned, putting his head in his hands.

"I will report back later my friends. For now, though, Namor must fly alone!" Namor left the hall, determined to find a lead of some sort.

"I doubt it, Liz. Otherwise they could have just teleported into the mansion while everyone was asleep and took them from their beds."

Her shoulders sagged a little. "There are. That's why all this isn't helping as we really need to be careful with what we think of and not just grasp the first likely senario."

He interrupted the playing "Yeah but I'm pretty sure it's either a corporation or a military organization" then he continued the hymn

"Take care, guys!" Cessily waved at those about to leave before turning back to the others.

Amara watched Namor leave, "Is he always that weird?" she hadn't really noticed before...

"Yeah, I kinda knocked the teleportation thing off already, Cess," Liz said with a wink. "Like I said, if they could they've have taken the whole place over."

"Yes, he is. Then again everyone is weird here."

"Depends what you define weird"

Really wish he wouldn't talk about flying though, Lizzie thought with another bitter twist in her stomach.

Rogue sighed and stood up, "Depends on how ya define normal, Shiro..." She waved to everyone and walked out, heading to her room.

Cessily rolled the pen between her lips and gave Amara a nod.

"See you later, Rogue."

"Speak for yourself..." Amara muttered, she sat up a bit, "So what do we know?"

"Yes I am weird too. I don't really give a shit to be honest."

"Yeah, what do you know" he said and laid down on to the line of chairs, eyes closed ears open

Looking back at Lizzie, Cessily put on a small smile. "Are you okay? I know this must be horrible for you."

"Not really. But falling to peices like a dying swan all over the place is not really going to be the greatest help."

"I honestly... don't know, 'Mara." Cessily closed her eyes and tilted her head back. "I had hoped there would be any traces here at the school. Anything we could work with." She looked to the side, at Lizzie, and reached out to squeeze her shoulder.

"I wish there was at least something, something else then just pure speculation"

"Does anyone at least know how the power went off?"

"The more we speculate, the more it becomes apparent that we actually know nothing!" Cessily tossed her notebook onto the table. "This is frustrating."

Lizzie leaned into the squeeze and nodded. "It is, which is why freaking out isn't helping very much."

"I repeat my question with an added question mark" he sighed

"No, we don't know." Cessily shrugged. "At least I don't know."

"Ok. What we know is that whoever did it was organised and at least had some idea if what they were doing and where their targets would be. Right?"

"Indeed." Cessily nodded with closed eyes, keeping her hand on Lizzie's shoulder. "It's likely that they watched us for a while and waited for the right moment."

"How did no one see them watching?!" Amara folded her arms on the chair in front of her and banged her head against them a few times.

"Because they know how to hide."

"That is pretty much something you can guess" he replied to Amara

"I know it's frustrating." Cessily stood up and stepped over to Amara, putting a hand on her shoulder as well. "And quite scary."

"They knew where to find us, when to strike, how to hide from us - even from our psychics - and then effortlessly overpowered some of our friends."

"That's because-they-have-a-good-fucking-intel"

"Pretty much anyone with the money and with the personel could gain that information"

"True, Shiro." Lizzie nodded, wincing all the same. "They're very well informed, and equipped for the situations."

Amara lifted her head and smiled at Cess, "Its just not fair. How can a building full of 'extraordinaries' be so damned defenseless!?"

"As far as I'm concerned, I am 90% sure these guys are a big organization with a lot of cash, a lot of manpower and probably at least a military background"

"Yeah, I know." She sat down next to Amara, trying to give her a comforting smile. "I thought we were prepared for any kind of trouble. That's why we trained so hard. It's very... disheartening, I can tell you."

"We can't let it drag us down though, if we do that we might as well give up now."

"Oh I'm not giving up," Amara assured Lizzie, "I'm all prepared to teach these people a lesson. It would just be nice to know who these people are and whether or not I'd be able to teach them a lesson."

"Yeah, it's that last part that gets me," Josh piped in. "When we do figure out where they are, what if they're totally out our league power-wise? What do we do then?" He crossed his arms and bit his lip.

"I'm tempted to agree with Shiro on this one, you know? We're probably looking for someone like Ethan Hunt or Jason Bourne here. Damn, I wish someone like that were on our team..." She smiled at Lizzie. "And I'm not thinking about giving up, either. I know that we'll find them. And I know that we'll get our friends back."

"With money, I think you can pretty much employ anyone, mutant or not"

"Now that would explain the possible mutant activity on this case"

"Yeah yeah, we get it, they're rich." She waved a hand dismissively at Shiro, "What we need to find is a weakness."

"You promise a confused and a poor person with weird but great powers a shiny penny and a special training, and you got yourself a super soldier"

"Who says they are out of our league? If that's our attitude, then they are, but we can't think like that. Whatever it takes. We'll get them back."

Shiro got up and glanced at Josh

"Dear boy, isn't that obvious?"

"Lizzie is right. If people had always backed down when they were out of their league, we wouldn't life in the world we do today."

"Maybe we are looking for someone with highly trained backup and technology we don't even know about, so we do better than them and we train til we drop then train some more and find out who we're dealing with and take our friends back."

"Oh and I'm not backing off, unlike most of you. I was there year ago. Going six against more then hundred and did I back off? No, but I got these nice bulletholes in my chest"

"Besides, even if everyone seems to dislike mutants and this Kerry has won the elections, it doesn't make what has happened to our friends any more legal. So maybe we should think about going to the police or the FBI or something. I mean, we are talking kidnapping here."

"Did Churchill take one look at Hitler and think he was too much of a psycho to deal with? No, we fought the hell out of them and bloody won."

Amara heaved a sigh, "I don't think they'll help mutants... how do we know the FBI aren't behind it?"

((Kelly))

((damn! Kerry was the real world dude > "Who's saying anything about backing down?" Josh said in frustration. "I am saying if we don't know enough about their power level, we could just be giving them more captives by sending people in after them. And who knows if that isn't exactly what they're aiming for us to do?"

"We can't go to the police. They'd track down the cuprits if that's even possible, then give them anaward."

((lol I LAWLed at Kerry))

"But Josh, that's why we have to work hard and work together so it doesn't happen!"

Cessily sighed. "Maybe you're right, but I don't think the police or the government would work against us, even if they dislike mutants. I mean, that would be way too much bad press, and that's what politicians are most concerned about."

"They'd just acuse a 'rogue operation' or something. There's always a way out for those in power. Especially if they have the cash to back it up - like Shiro was saying."

"I don't think it's Government led. For one thing, Andreas and Meggan aren't Americans. That'd cause too much political shit worldwide."

"Then again, what would it be good press if they would find out about the school and what is beneath it?"

"Well, while Josh is right about not being reckless, we are far from a point where we even could do something reckless. We don't even know where to look." Cessily huffed. "Maybe it would be best if they really came back and tried to take another one. At least we'd have a chance to confront them then."

"But what if the sneaked in like last time? Then we'd be short of more students and no closer to beating whoever's fault it is to a bloodied pulp."

"Charles Xavier, raising his private mutant army from youngsters a school as a front... And yadda yadda" he said while he lowered back to the laying position

"Oh, believe me, if the government had an interest in exposing our school or shutting it down, they'd do so publicly. There's nothing that politicians like better than a chance to show the public that they did something right to protect them."

"Cess is right, without more information we can't do anything. We're pretty screwed. Doesn't Xavier have any sort of connections who might know about someone who would do this? How could anything be that underground that no one would have heard of it?"

"Have you heard of E.A.D.D.C?" he said to Josh

Josh shook his head. "Can't say I have, but that sure is a mouthful to say."

"Exactly"

"I still think that Shaw guy knows more than he's letting on. Maybe we should use some 'creative information gathering techniques' on him?"

Josh scowled at Shiro. "Yeah, that clears a lot up, man."

"As I understood it, Shaw is a telepath. And a pretty powerful one too."

"Do you think that's a wise idea?" Cessily looked at Amara. "I mean, I don't know about him, but he's funding the school. If either he or Xavier find out that anyone did something like that, they'd be in big trouble, I guess."

"Shaw is not stupid. He'd know you were on to him before you could so much look at a file. And as Cess said, he is funding the school."

"Now, please. Less bad suggestions"

Pushing her bag around with her foot she shrugged. "Just why should we go poking around his personal affairs? We don't know he knows anything more than we do and Angel works with him, so if she knew anything she'd tell me at once."

"He has to know something... he's been working on it long enough. I must have at least more of an idea than we do."

"Yeah, that's right. He offered several of us internships at his place. I somehow doubt he'd give us his money and support and let us work with him and then keep information from us. No, if he had found out more than we did he would let us know, I guess."

"He would have told us if he did," Lizzie repeated. "He may have just what we do - speculation, and there's no point throwing speculation around as he would know that wouldn't help us."

Nodding in agreement with Cess, she settled a bit.

Amara huffed and folded her arms, pouting. "This is all pointless."

"Yap, it truly is" he said

Cessily chewed on her lips, not wanting to openly agree with Amara. But they were making next to no progress here.

And got up, lowering the goggles from his forehead

"We don't have much of anything to go on, so we won't get anywhere," she said heavily and slouched down in her seat, rubbing her forehead. God, she needed a cup of tea. And a nice, winged blonde to give it to her.

"If we're already starting to suspect people at the school, we might just as well ask that odd new girl if she knows something." Cessily shrugged. "I mean, I don't want to allege anything, but she is kinda... strange. And she seems oddly unfazed by all this."

Amara was kind of glad she wasn't on the investigations team. She really hadn't got the patience for that crap.

"We are not starting to suspect people at the school"

"Selene?" she looked up. "No, I very much doubt it. She's just...very different."

"Amara here just happened to give a stupid suggestion of "interrogating" Shaw, and thats it"

"And I wouldn't suspect anyone on the school just because of that."

"Yeah, I was just saying." Cessily tossed her head back, sending her hair flying. "Seems like we can do nothing but wait."

Amara looked at Shiro, "At least I'm suggesting something."

"You can train whateverthefuck it is that you do best" he said and started slowly getting up

"Cause sooner or later you are going to need it" he winked and started moving towards the doorway

She nodded at Shiro. "Yeah. Until we know something solid, all we can do is keep at our best so we'll be ready to do something."

"Well practising is all I'm doing at the moment," Amara frowned, stupid powers,

"Yeah, that's a given." Cessily ran a hand through her hair. "I'm running the training scenarios again and again. I already know them in and out by now. It's just that... I'm getting impatient. I want to do something that at least seems like it would be productive."

He stopped infront of the door "If you feel unsecure, start taking wushu lessons", "cheerio" he said and walked out of the hall

"Bye bye, Shiro," Lizzie gave a slight wave, almost smiling again. God he was amusing at times.

".... What the fuck is wushu?"

Cessily waved as Shiro left. "I don't know."

Amara shrugged, "Everyone at this school is mad." she determined, "Absoltely 'crackers' as my father would say."

Cessily chuckled. "Well, that's why we all fit together so well."

"Quite."

Amara sighed again, sucking on another sweet. She stood up, "If anyone wants me I'll be in the Danger Room." She left the hall.

"I'd check the booking sheet first, it's probably full up..."

"Yeah, I know the teams are running training programs there all the time."

Shouldering her bag, Lizzie gave Cess a weak smile. "I feel kind of bad this didn't really get us anywhere, but...I don't know. I just don't want to jump to conclusions and get my hopes up."

Cessily nodded, slowly, and returned Lizzie's smile. "It's okay. I just had hoped we had something more than nothing."

"Well. Nothing is a good a place to start as anywhere..."

Cessily chuckled and leaned back in her chair, picking up her notebook. "I guess you're right..."

Looking at the door, she fiddled with the strap of her bag. "Thankfully I don't need the DR so much to work on my powers. I'll see you later, maybe."

"Yeah, see you later, Liz. Take care, okay?" Cessily looked over her shoulder and winked at her, then turned back to her notebook. She might just as well stay for a while longer and go over the list of things she had written down again. Maybe it'll do something good.
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

Well, I missed out on a lot. But this does give me ideas. >.>
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

Hmm... students go missing and there's an instance scheduled for Tuesday that's bringing Pete back.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

:shifty