2/2 Game: A Day on the Lake

Read our full Game transcripts here!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

2/2 Game: A Day on the Lake

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Talia: TJ sat on the blanket close, but not too close to the shore, watching Johnny play not far off, picking at the grass and little dandelions in the lawn.

Talia: Remy'd been making an effort to go to class again, so they were back on their schedule with Johnny. It was nice to be normal again, but there was something much nicer about being able to spend more time with Remy.

Angelina: "He's gettin' so big," Angel said, watching Johnny with a smile. "A year. It's so hard ta believe."

Tessa: Tessa sat a ways off from Angel and TJ, skipping rocks out into the water from the pile beside her. They did something. They can do things. Dunno if I envy that or not.

Rogue: Rogue looked over at Johnny from her spot, face down on her own blanket. The weather may still be chilly, but the sun was shining bright and warming her back, "Nice day."

Talia: "I know, right? He's growing up so fast," she smiled at him as he steeled himself, standing upright for a moment, before plopping down again. "He's been doing that alot lately too..."

Angelina: Angel clapped excitedly. "Oh! That's fantastico! He'll be runnin' track before ya know it, yo!"

Cessily: Cessily sat on a nearby tree trunk, close by the water, and silently leafed through her book. From time to time she would look up from the pages to watch Johnny play in the grass.

Talia: "Heee yeah, oh man. I just hope I can keep up with him," she looked back to Angel. "So...you seen Scott??"

Angelina: "Si, I have. He's better a little every time I talk ta him, but it will take time, si?" She sighed. "How's Rem? I ain't caught up with him yet."

Angelina: She'd been working so much lately, but she still felt odd spending much time at the mansion. As if she didn't belong.

Talia: "He's doing alot better...he's only got the one cane now, and his hair's definately starting to come back in," she smiled, looking over at the others. "Is anyone hungry?? I brought snacks!"

Rogue: Rogue picked her head up from her arms and looked over with a grin, "Ya did? What'd ya bring?"

Tessa: Tessa swallowed. "I'm fine. Thanks." She idly wondered how deep the lake was.

Cessily: "It's nice to watch Johnny growing up so much." Cessily looked from Johnny to TJ and Angel. "Seeing that my siblings are all older than me, it's the first time that I get to see a kid grow up in that way. Besides some cousins, of course, but I only see them from time to time, so it's not the same."

Cessily: "No thank you, I've no appetite at the moment."

Talia: She smiled at Cessily. "I'm the youngest too in my whole family, so it's all the first things for me. i never watched a kid grow up before," she dug into her bag. "Um...I got BBQ chips, some carrot sticks, and some cookies." Johnny noticed her digging around and crawled over. She dug out one of the cookies and handed it to him.

Angelina: "Oh, cookie!" Angel snagged one for herself with a 'grazie' and nibbled on the edge. "I have a half-brother, but he's 12, so... I guess I just see tha teenage years when I visit."

Tessa: "He'll be walking pretty soon if he's standing already." Tessa shrugged listlessly. "Danny didn't walk till late. Johnny's already faster than she was."

Rogue: "Oh, chips, please!" She scooted a bit closer so she could reach into the bag to grab a handful, "Thanks, Teej! Good thinkin'."

Talia: She smirked. "There's like, one thing all this taught me, and that's always be prepared." She turned to Tessa. "Yeah? I dunno if I'm ready for him to be walking yet....I just got used to the crawling..."

Cessily: Cessily gave Johnny a small smile as he looked over to her, then went back to focusing on her book.

Talia: TJ looked at the lake again. "Hey....I didn't even know we had boats here...they weren't here last year.." Were they? She thought a moment.

Angelina: Angel nibbled on her cookie. "I didn't know we had a lake, yo!" Outdoors. Ew. She shuddered. "Too many bugs up in the outdoors." She ruffled her wings.

Tessa: "We have boats?" Tessa asked, raising her head a little. "Maybe you should take Johnny out in one sometime."

Cessily: "I don't know. They seem to be new. Or we missed them before."

Talia: "I'd so love to!! But I dunno how to row boats...I'd get stuck out there!"

Talia: "I've actually never been in a boat before," she said, giggling as Johnny pointed to the lake with a babble.

Tessa: "I'd row you if you wanted to hold Johnny. They're easy to do." One shoulder moved lazily. "Just...it's just pulling the oars through the water. It's easy."

Talia: "Yeah?? That'd be awesome! We should all go!"

Cessily: "The lake by my grandparents' house has rowing boats. They always used to take me for some tours when I visited them." Cessily smiled faintly at the memory.

Angelina: "I guess I can fly if we tip over," she said, eyeing the boats suspiciously. "I guess I never really been on one before either... I see 'em in Palermo in the bay, but... this is different."

Talia: "Tip over? They tip over??" TJ looked worriedly now to the boats. She wasn't the strongest swimmer ever, and with Johnny..."We need life vests then..."

Tessa: "Long as you don't stand up you won't tip over." Tessa rolled her eyes and pointed to the boats. "It's incredibly hard to tip one of those over. Watch." She walked over to one and pushed the side with her foot, watching it rock and come back to center.

Cessily: "I'm sure the water is pretty cold this time of the year. I don't not if that's such a good idea. You really wouldn't want to fall in."

Angelina: She shrugged, her wings fluttering. "I guess they could, I seen 'em on TV." Angel watched Tessa. "Or, not..."

Tessa: "It's not easy to tip one over with people in it. They are made to stay upright in water."

Talia: TJ headed over to the boat, finding a few life vests inside, and bringing one over to buckle on Johnny. "Tessa, you sure you can paddle it??"

Tessa: Tessa resisted giving the snarky answer back she'd have preferred. "You live near the coast for thriteen years, you learn."

Talia: "Ok, cool," She picked Johnny up. "Auntie Tessa's taking us for our first boat ride!" she bounced him, then sat him carefully in the boat. "We gotta push it in, right??"

Cessily: "Have fun!" Cessily waved after them.

Angelina: Angel brushed the cookie crumbs from her jeans and walked to the shore. "I think so, least that's what I seen on TV..."

Rogue: Rogue propped her chin up on her hands and smiled as Johnny looked around the boat excitedly, "Think he likes it already."

Cessily: "Still, please watch out to not fall in, okay?" Cessily gave them a somewhat concerned look. "The water is cold, and people can freeze very quickly in such a case."

Talia: TJ paused in pushing the boat. "He can freeze?? Oh....I dunno if we should do this..."

Rogue: "Only if he falls in an' stays in f' too long. He'll be fine. Promise."

Angelina: "It's okay, I'll be right here and I can fly him back ta shore," she said, nodding and trying to help with the boat. "Beleive me, I don't want the weave gettin wet."

Cessily: "Oh, one second!" Cessily began to rummage in her bag, eventually pulling out her camera. She stepped over to TJ. "Here, maybe you'll want to take a few pictures of Johnny in the boat."

Tessa: Tessa climbed in and waited for the rest of them to get in, before pushing off with the end of an oar. "Sit, please. Standing up makes it a little unbalanced."

Talia: "Uh...ok.." she pushed the boat out a bit, before climbing in. "Thanks Cess! That's perfect!" she held the camera up. "Smile big boy!" she said, snapping pictures.

Angelina: Angel immediately sat, not liking at all that the thing moved.

Cessily: Cessily smiled slightly as they took off, then turned around and returned to sit on her tree trunk.

Tessa: Tessa resisted rolling her eyes. "See? It's fine." She pulled them closer to the middle of the lake, entertaining the idea for a second that maybe she could just fall out...let the rest of them have fun.

Rogue: Rogue thought about flying with them for a moment. Why? They don't want ya 'round. Why they left in tha boat in tha first place. She rolled over on to her back at that thought and closed her eyes against the sun.

Talia: Johnny began to wave his hands excitedly, giggling as the boat rocked slightly. He leaned up to look out at the water, and TJ snatched him quickly, putting him in her lap before he could lean too far over.

Talia: "This is nice...so peaceful out here!"

Cessily: Cessily watched them row in the boat for a while, grateful for the momentary distance between them. Being in the same place with Tessa, that close to her, was horribly difficult for her. She looked to the side, spotting Rogue resting near the shore.

Cessily: Getting up, she walked over. "Hey, why aren't you rowing out with them, too?"

Talia: Johnny pointed his finger again at Angel. "Teet!"

Rogue: Rogue spoke without opening her eyes, "Too cold. Had mah fill of that lately..." She put her hand up to shield the sun and looked over at Cessily, "What 'bout y'all, sugah?"

Tessa: "The water is a good place to be to think. It's tranquil." She slowed her pace and they came to a slow stop in the water.

Angelina: "It is!" Angel was surprised she didn't mind it at all. She giggled at Johnny, reaching over the side to get a bit of water on her hand and hold it out to Johnny. "See, it's a lot of wet, and you don't want in it!"

Angelina: "Oh, Dio!! He just called me petite!" Angel nearly squealed.

Talia: Johnny slapped his hand on Angel's, squealing as the water splashed. "Oh he looooves the water," TJ told her. "And yeah! That was his first word...after Mama and Papa..."

Talia: She didn't really want to get into what his second word was...

Cessily: Cessily took a deep breath before answering, glancing across the lake. "I just feel more comfortable here on my own right now, you know?" She sat down next to Rogue. "It's... nice to get away from everything for a while."

Angelina: "Awwww!" Angel cooed at him, happy to play with the baby. "He's such a smart boy!!"

Talia: "He is," she said, looking down at him. "You wanna sit with your Auntie Angel??"

Rogue: Rogue nodded, "That's so true. Bein' alone has been treatin' me well lately... Just, lots of free-thinkin' time, ya know?"

Cessily: "Yes, I know. Thinking time. That helps." Cessily sat in a cross-legged pose and glanced over to Rogue. "I'm sure you have noticed that your roomie lost parts of her memories because of the seizure she suffered a few weeks ago." She looked back at the boat in the middle of the lake.

Angelina: "Oh! Johnny! Si! You're your papa's boy, so it's all about workin' on the ladies!" She giggled and took him, setting him securely in her lap. "Gotta get in that practice."

Talia: TJ laughed. "I think we got some time before we need to worry about that," she said, then turned to Tessa. "Where are we gonna row? I don't think I ever was on that side of the lake..." she said, pointing to a close shore with what looked like a little house was situated.

Rogue: "Ah have. She f'got 'bout me, too. Didn't remember hardly anybody or anythin'." She bit her lip, "Been hard tryin' ta help her remember."

Tessa: Tessa looked over her shoulder at where TJ pointed. "That would be the boathouse. We can go see if you'd like." With a little maneuvering she turned and started off again, pulling hard on the oars to get moving.

Cessily: Cessily slowly nodded and sniffed a little. "Yes, she forgot about a lot of things. She can't remember a thing about her and me. Like... she says it's all gone." She cocked her head, looking at Rogue again. "I tried to help her remember things, but apparently she doesn't want me helping her. She's very determined about this."

Talia: "We have a boat house?? Yeah, let's go explore!!" she said, then stopped. "As long as no crazies live there or something..."

Rogue: "She is a stubborn lil gal sometimes. But, Ah'm kinda used ta it. An' she shoulda remembered by now that Ah'm stubborn too. An' sometimes more so than she is." Rogue grinned at Cess. "Don't worry, sugah. All will work itself out."

Angelina: Angel was busy playing paddycake with Johnny, but looked up to look at the little building. "I know I sent a patrol out here a few times when I did security..."

Tessa: "I doubt they come much crazier than us." As they got closer to the shaore Tessa got quieter, thinking about everything and nothing in particular.

Tessa: "Not like it would be unsafe with you two here."

Cessily: "Yes, sure, it'll be all right," Cessily replied without any conviction in her voice. "In the end, things always work themselves out, don't they? Except for Warren and Lizzie. Or Pietro. Or Tom." She picked up a chisel from the ground and tossed it into the lake. "But what can I do? All I can do is wait." She laughed and shook her head. "Sorry, I don't meant to be so negative."

Talia: "Oooo, it's so cool," she said, realising it wasn;t so tiny...it had at least two floors. "I wonder if someone lived here or something...like, who would? The boat....guy?"

Angelina: Angel considered that. "A boat guy... we do not have. I don't think..." It was nice though.

Rogue: "No worries, darlin'. Let it out. Ah ain't gonna judge ya none." Who am Ah ta judge anyhow? She shook off the thoughts and turned back to Cess, "Ah know it cain't be easy on ya though... An' Ah'm sorry."

Cessily: "It's just that I don't know what to do. Dr. McCoy said that I have to give it time, and that there's a chance for her memories to come back." She gave Rogue a tiny smile. "Thank you. That's nice of you." She sighed again. "It's so... unfair, you know? How can you forget how to love someone? I always believed that such a thing is not possible. It's so crazy."

Tessa: Tessa felt the bump when the boat hit shore. "You three want to get out and explore it?" She gestured to the house wither her arm, waving it in teh general direction. "Come back when you want to."

Cessily: "But... maybe she can just learn to love me again, you know? Starting from scratch," she said with a little bit of hope in her voice. "I mean, we fell in love once, so why not do it again?"

Rogue: Rogue smiled, "Sounds awful nice, sugah. An' Ah know it'd be hard on ya if it didn't work, but at least ya'd still have Japh. He loves ya very much. An' Ah know y'all love him."

Rogue: "Ah believe McCoy though. Ah think she'll get 'em all back one day. Just not so sure when that one day is."

Angelina: Angel gathered Johnny in her arms with his face against her shirt and lifted off straight up out of the boat. Much less chance of falling in. She kept close to the ground to not scare him, but he still squealed a little until she touched ground.

Cessily: "Yeah, that's true. It's all I can right now. Wait and hope." She paused. "And I really don't know what I would do without Japh right now. Sometimes I can't believe how awesome he is." Cessily bit her lip. "Though, all that stuff makes you think, you know? How easily you can lose people. Just... just look at Lizzie and Warren. I try not to think about such things, but I can't help it."

Talia: "Oooo this is creepy," she said, moving close to Angel and Johnny. "Don't be scared, sweetie!"

Angelina: "Aww, it's okay, bebe! We'll have ta take ya flyin' more this summer so you can get used to it, si?"

Tessa: Tessa watched them all leave and lay down on the floor of the boat. "I'll be within earshot." She pushed off and let the boat drift.

Rogue: Rogue nodded again, "Yeah, Ah know exactly what ya mean. Had a lot on mah mind lately too." All tha king's horses an' all tha king's men...

Talia: "If you're gonna take him flying, we gotta get a harness or something so he won't fall," she said, then turned to Tessa. "You're not coming?"

Cessily: "Oh? Really? What's bothering you?" Cessily smiled slightly. "Sorry for dumping all of this on you. It's just nice to have someone to talk to."

Tessa: "Figured you'd have a better time with Angel and Johnny." Tessa's voice floated up from the boat. "Do you want me to?"

Talia: "Yeah, you can come!" she told her. "You should...so you can beat up any monsters..."

Rogue: "Ah don't mind at all darlin'. Much better bein' told than havin' ta take it." She shrugged, "Just a lot of things. Memories hauntin' me."

Cessily: "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Anything bad?" Cessily shrugged. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. Just, in case that you do, I'm here, 'kay?"

Angelina: Angel walked to a small tree, showing Johnny the beginning buds on the branches, before turning to look at the boathouse.

Tessa: Tessa snorted dryly. "Alright." Can't beat up the monsters that aren't here. Have to remember that. "Give me a minute." She climbed out and put the oars in the boat so they wouldn't roll away.

Rogue: Rogue smiled, "Thanks, sugah. Ah'd tell ya if they were mah own memories, but they ain't. Ah'm sorry..." She shrugged, "Although, a lot bad, yeah."

Cessily: "Oh." Cessily raised her eyebrows. "I see. That absorption-powers-thing of yours. My, I guess that must be crazy. I really don't envy all those telepaths who have to deal with such things."

Rogue: Rogue chuckled, "Yeah? Ah do. 'Course, y'all don't have ta deal with absorbin' people. Mah power's worse than a telepaths sometimes. Telepaths can pick an' choose an' f'get if they wanna. Ah can't." She looked over, "An' crazy don't even begin ta cover it, sugah." 'Think warm thoughts.'

Cessily: "I'm so sorry." Cessily reached over to squeeze Rogue's hand. She smiled, a little sadly. "Sometimes I forget that everyone here has his own cross to bear. I hope you get that sorted out soon. Hey, perhaps Xavier could help you with that. I know that you're not a telepath like him, but I mean, thoughts are thoughts, no?"

Talia: "Heehee, Johnny likes exploring," she looked around. "There's alot of room here, and like, it's not even that far a walk from the school....but apart. Maybe we can set up some of Johnny's stuff over here for the spring and summer..."

Angelina: "Aww, si! That would be fantastico! A fun little getaway spot." She grinned over at TJ. "Might be fun for mom and dad too, si?"

Rogue: Rogue squeezed back, "Yeah, Ah've thought 'bout goin' ta him ta help me learn how ta shield some of tha memories away." She smiled, "But so far, Ah've done ok on mah own. Workin' through tha latest has been a bit tougher, but it ain't really much... Ah guess."

Talia: She lifted a brow at her. "What do you think me and Remy'd do on Johnny's toys?!"

Cessily: "Oh, yes." Cessily nodded awkwardly, then paused. "Uhm, you meant that you absorbed someone else recently, right?" She quickly raised a hand. "Of course, I'm not asking who it is. That would be kinda rude."

Angelina: "No, you know what I mean, girlfriend!" Angel giggled, shaking her head hard enough to make her hair swing. Johnny promptly grabbed it.

Talia: She blushed. "We get some alone time...we'll get more in the summer..."

Rogue: "Yeah, Ah did... We were sparrin'. It was kinda an' accident, kinda not. Didn't think he'd actually let me touch him." She shook her head, "Anyway, how have other things been goin'? Haven't seen ya 'round much." But who have ya seen 'round, Anna? Nobody gives a shit enough ta come see ya.

Talia: TJ noticed Johnny shiver a bit. "Ooo..I think he's getting a bit cold...maybe we should head back.."

Angelina: "Aww, that's good. Maybe, this summer, we could all go out? Me and Scott, and you and Rem?" She detangled Johnny's fist from her hair, noticing him pushing his face into her neck. "Si."

Cessily: "Slowly, for the most part." Cessily shrugged as she looked across the water's surface again. Somehow she felt like swimming. The lake looked peaceful. "Everyone is settling back in after the Essex thing. More or less, at least." She sighed. "As good as they can, that is. Some have it harder than others. But all in all, we're all pretty much exhausted."

Tessa: Tessa watched the interplay between Johnny and Angel and TJ with more than a little disdain, hands in her pockets to keep from fidgeting.

Talia: "Yeah, that'd be fun!" she said, then pouted at her boy. "Here, come over to Mommy, sweetie," she took him, cuddling him close. "Let's head back."

Rogue: "Ah hear ya there, hun. Exhausted in more ways than one." She looked over at Cess and grinned, "Ya met Ben yet?"

Cessily: "Yes, I met him a few times in the rec room." Cessily smiled sheepishly. "Rae told me what happened, and that you kicked her butt in return. Poor boy, I hope he's getting well again soon."

Angelina: Angel took one last look at the boathouse and followed TJ to the rowboat.

Cessily: "I thought about making him some brownies with Japh's recipe. People always seem to feel way better after having some of those."

Tessa: Just like Charon. Tessa returned to the boat and stepped in, making it rock a little unexpectedly. "The Dead Ferryman." She mumbled.

Rogue: Rogue grinned, "Depends. What's in 'em? Ain't nothin' 'special', Ah hope." She covered her eyes by resting her arm across them, "An' he's real sweet... Ah like him a lot."

Cessily: "Really? Awww, that's sweet." She allowed herself to grin. "Nah, no worries, nothing special in them. Except for some extra deliciousness. Hey, why don't you help me making them. We could bring them to him together then." She nudged Rogue's arm. "I'm sure he'd appreciate that."
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€