12/15 Instance: Cajun in da house

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Timeline whenever

Remy: He set a coffee pot on the table and waved a hand to the things he'd picked up made to order. Honestly, he'd gotten too used to Tante. Things were different being all alone here. So better to fill it up with people. "Help y'rselves. Got lots."

Anna: Anna smiled at Remy as she helped herself to cake. "Thanks!"

Raya: "You sure you're okay being here with us all?" Raya asked, tucking her hands in her jeans pockets. She had to think about it to act the same way as she normally did.

Hepzibah: "Where you been keeping yourself, Cajun?" Hepz asked straight off, looking about for Johnny as she poured herself a cup of cream with some coffee in it.

Jay: Jay sniffed a little, tucking his wings in and smiling at Remy, his hands bandaged up tightly as he juggled a pizza slice. "Thanks, man." He took a bite, though he didn't feel hungry at all.

Remy: "Oui. Better t' have noise in here an' be busy. Even if I'm still catchin' up wit' things." He looped an arm around Heppie's waist. "Hidin'. Had t' come back t' do some exams an' stuff."

Hepzibah: Hepz slipped her arm around Remy and squeezed. "Don't blame you. This is a good place for that." She grinned, her tail swaying behind her a bit. "Where's little man??"

Anna: Anna frowned a little at Jay's badaged hands as she ate her cake. She wondered if she should offer to heal them. "What you hiding from, Remy? We don't bite...."

Jay: "...Much."

Remy: "It's not me I'm worried about, but Johnny. Him bein' so young an' things. So yeah, things are not what I want for him here right now. Talked some wit' his grandparants, so he's in Arizona for a while. We'll spend Christmas together an' we'll see from dere. Dey live in d' middle of no where really."

Jay: Jay looked up innocently from his pizza and smiled a little tiredly at Remy. "Good to see y' home though. Missed d' real Cajun - they've had t' put up with d' fake accent."

Remy: He clucked his tongue at Jay and grinned widely. "We gettin' some bufflo wings den birdy?"

Hepzibah: "Damn near everything else out there does, Anna." Hepzibah's face tightened a bit. She gave Remy a peck on the cheek, "Probably the safest place for him right now." Hepz smiled and preched up on the back of the sofa, balancing her coffee cup.

Anna: "Awww I hope you have a good Christmas...." Her expression saddened a little as she thought of her own family. She wouldn't be going home this year either.

rachel: Rachel sipped a little from her mug, then took a bite of cake as she listened to the conversation.

Remy: "Well, it's jus'...it's hard wit' y're own kid. It's different. An' I miss him an' feel bad about it, but he's happy as hell dere. An' his grandparents have been buggin' me for more time like dis forever. So it works."

Jay: Jay sniffed again and poked his tongue out at Remy, before attempting to blow hair out of his face again. He really needed to get it cut - it was down to his lower back now and spent most of its life either in a tail, plait or bun.

Remy: "Hey, y' started it Red."

Hepzibah: "You're doing the right thing Remy." Hepz said with absolute confidence. She took a sip of her coffee and smiled at the Jay and Remy bantering back and forth. "You two are what 11 and 12?" she grinned wide, showing of her fangs a bit.

Jay: "Y'all'd be gettin' dose wings with feathers on if you don' watch it, salaud." Jay shot back, before catching a sneeze in his elbow.

Anna: Anna giggled and ate some more cake. Free entertainment!

Remy: "Well y' would look funny plucked." He countered and gave Heppie's tail a light tug. "Well petite, I don' got Tante aroun' t' smack me one for bein' silly, so..."

Anna: "I can help with that." Anna grinned at Remy.

Raya: Raya watched everybody else talk, one hip cocked out as she leaned back against the doorjamb. Over the past few months they'd gone from intimidating to just another group she could, with skill, manipulate. "So, damned if you do is better?"

Hepzibah: "Bless you," Hepz smirked, then gave a laugh as her offended tail smacked Remy in the chest. "Watch there Cajun - don't make me come off this sofa," she growled in mock threat.

Jay: Jay would have replied if he didn't have a mouthful of pizza, so he settled for giving a universal handgesture to Remy and grinning.

Remy: "Laughin' is better dan cryin'." He bit his lip and laughed. "Make y' come? Oh petite, y' make things too easy."

Anna: Anna snorted then coughed as she near-choked on her cake.

Raya: "Showing off your exhibitionist streak already?"

Jay: That made Jay's eyes bug slightly and he snorted, dusting off his hands carefully. "Dis is Remy. D' man is a personification of exhibitionism." He grinned at Raya.

Hepzibah: That even caught Hepz by surprise as she fell into a full laugh. "Why make things more difficult that you got to?" She grinned, her elbow nudging at him. "Raya, if you're talking about Remy - he's not but exhibitionist!"

Raya: Her cell rang in her pocket, catching her attention, though she shot a shy grin at Jay. "Of course. You know me." She pulled the phone out as an excuse, and stepped outside to answer it. "Be back in a few, hopefully."

Remy: "Hey! How'd dis get turned aroun' on me? I wasn't bein' d' dirty one!"

rachel: "You haven't been around enough. We've missed picking on you."

Anna: Anna cleared her thoat and grinned again at Remy.

Jay: "Yeah. Makes a nice change dat it ain' me." Jay grumbled, picking up a stray chip and nibbling on it. He couldn't really taste anything properly.

Hepzibah: Hepz lifted her cup towards Rachel. "Ditto." she grinned, her feelings mirroring Rachel's words.

Remy: "Mmhmm." Pouring himself a mug of coffee he sat back down to sip at it. "Ok. So catch me on up. What sorta crazy have y'all be up too lately?"

Hepzibah: Her tail dropped down and Hepz got very interested in her cup of coffee.

Jay: Jay rubbed his nose. "Some of us went on relief work for dis flu thing dat's flyin' about..." He glanced at Anna, then his bandaged hands.

Anna: Anna frowned again, "Jay... do you want me to fix your hands....?"

Remy: That got his attention quick. "Yeah? Y' find anythin'?"

Jay: Jay looked up. "Um. Ah wasn' sure if y'all was too tired or somethin'. It's alright if y' can..." He started unwinding the bandages and looked at Remy.

Jay: "Yeah. None of it good. People're dyin'..."

Anna: "Never too tired to help a friend, Jay - you should know that." She gave him a smile and got up to help him with the bandages.

rachel: Rachel shrugged, "I've apparently missed most of the crazy that's been going on here, except the flu thing."

Hepzibah: "Just as glad I missed that mercy mission." Hepz looked up, watching Anna and Jay. "Don't think I'd have been much help."

Remy: "Anythin' on it? Dere anythin' dey can do about all dis?"

Jay: Jay finished unwinding the bandages, revealing badly burnt palms. "We dunno yet. Were gettin' samples an'...making people...comfortable." He lowered his head. He didn't want to think about it. He was distracted from the lump in his throat by another sneeze, though.

Anna: Anna shook her head, "Nothing anyone's tried so far is helping... they've given it a name though..." She gently touched her hands to Jay's and targeted a heal to clear up the burns.

Remy: "Merde." He sighed heavily. "Alright. Well dat sucks. Anythin' lighter on d' news front? Y' still a virgin Jay?" He said lightly trying to get people back smiling.

Jay: Jay smiled at Anna in thanks, before laughing at Remy. "Asshole. Ah ain' been a virgin fer a long time."

Hepzibah: Hepzibah laughed out loud. "Do they still make virgins anymore??"

Anna: "Yes they do!" Anna told them, blushing furiously.

Hepzibah: "I'm sorry hun. I didn't mean to offend." Hepz smiled. "But you got to admit it's a rarity."

rachel: She laughed, taking another sip from her mug. "It's just a rarity here."

Remy: "Y're kinda born a virgin. Y're made not one. Y' got dat all switched up kitty cat."

Anna: "Is around here...." Anna mumbled, picking up her coffe.

Jay: "Is at dis place." Jay muttered under his breath, rubbing his hands together and sighing in relief before disposing of the bandages.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah gave Remy a flirty smile. "I know where virgins come from Remy," she winked.

Anna: "Can we change the subject now please?" Anna asked loudly.

rachel: "Sure, I can, Anna, since I guess I have good news..." Rachel sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She hadn't really made an announcement. Just told Anna, Rogue, and Bobby, but she wasn't sure if anyone else knew. "I kinda missed any crazy because Josh and I eloped."

Remy: "Y' what?"

Jay: Jay gave Anna a strange look, before shrugging, shoving his hands in his pockets for the first time since he came back. "Y're askin' for a miracle dere, Anna." He sniffled, and sneexed again. Ugh. This is what he got for flying in the snow topless.

Jay: "...What?"

Anna: "Woo! I don't have to keep the secret!" Anna bounced.

Hepzibah_: "Well, congrats Rachel!" Hepz grinned holding up her mug. At least there was some good news to be heard.

rachel: Well, they took it better than Rogue. And, she hadn't been glomped that time. So, not bad. "I got married. To Josh. We eloped. I don't think I can make it more simple than that." She gave Hepza smile, "Thanks."

Remy: "Congratulations Mrs Goldfinger! Where'd y'all do dat? An' I really can't say anythin' since I eloped."

rachel: She cringed at the name. She supposed it wasn't as bad as Rainbow Brite though. " Thanks, again. Just in the city. It wasn't really a huge deal."

Jay: Jay smiled. "Well, congrats, Rae." He nodded. "Y'all have fun?"

Remy: "She better have. Dat's d' whole point of d' weddin' night, non?"

Anna: Anna rolled her eyes and frowned at Remy. It was always about sex with these people.

Jay: "Wouldn' know. Ain' met anyone worth marryin'." Jay shot a grin at Remy. It really was good to have him back.

rachel: Rachel snorted and smirked, "I always have fun with Josh."

Hepzibah_: "I would sure are hell hope so, Jay. If she didn't - they're not doing it right." she winked playfully.

Remy: "Ok. So d' sick stuff, y're married...evidently everyone's still fuckin' jus' fine. What else?" He kicked his feet up onto his coffee table. "Christmas plans? Anyone blow anythin' up or break part of d' school?"

Anna: "I'm staying here again this year... think my parents might be thinking of coming over though since they haven't seen me since I got here...."

Jay: "Ah ain' goin' nowhere dis year. Staying at d' school and chilling for once." Jay sighed.

Remy: "Dat'd be good." He made a slight face thinking about how shy Anna was and probably what her upbringing was like. "Umm...dey stayin' in a hotel?"

Anna: Anna nodded, "Yeah... That's if they come over... there's the whole, having to go to Church thing... I told them I'll show them where there is one but... well.... they like it at home..."

rachel: "I should be around, as usual, for Christmas," she shrugged.

Remy: "Oui, but I imagine dat dere missin' y'. I gotta go back as I said - see Johnny an' celebrate wit' dem, but den I'll be back. Behind in d' schoolwork dat I couldn't do online."

Anna: Anna nodded again, chewing her lip, "I miss them too... but I can't...." She curled up where she sat. Just the thought of the airport filled her with dread.

Remy: "Well den, if y' explain all dat I'm sure dey can come. Maybe not now, but by d' new year, hein?"

Anna: "I know they'll come because I can't go... but... I miss home....." She picked up a cup of coffee and sipped it for something to do.

Jay: Jay looked away. For a moment, his mom came to mind, but he pushed it away firmly. "Ah might see if Ah can remember where Jill is." He muttered.

Remy: "Ok. News. C"mon y'all, y're supposed t' be catchin' me up." He hoped that got people out of those mindspaces. He could remember having no one. Not fun.

Hepzibah: "Forge is dead." Hepzibah said blountly.

Anna: Anna reached and put her hand on Jay's shoulder, patting him gently.

Remy: "Oh. Jeeze." He swiped a hand through his hair. "Guess we don' win d' lottery or anythin' like dat."

Hepzibah: "Freak by the name of Kraven killed him, took some of us." She looked down at her coffee cup then back up at Remy. "You sure you want to be caught up on the news?"

Remy: "An' y're wonderin' why everyone fucks like bunnies here." He said to Anna, but not unkindly. "Maudit."

Anna: Anna smiled a little at Remy, "Yeah when you put it like that...."

Remy: "No orgies on my rug though." He said mock severely. "D' stains are a bitch."

Hepzibah: "And you would know that how Cajun?" Hepz couldn't help but ask with a little smile.

Remy: "Shush femme." He tweaked her tail again.

Anna: Anna giggled a little.

Hepzibah: She laughed out loud, "What? I'm a cat - my nature to be curious." She grinned wider.

Remy: "So...we got new kids here? Dieu. Kids. I'm like seven or more years older dan some of dese guys."

Anna: "I'm older than a lot of the other guys here too..." Anna put in, frowning a little.

Hepzibah: "Some," Hepz nodded climbing off the sofa to get a second cup of coffee. "Haven't been around much but I've seen new faces"

Remy: "Well, we'll rope dem in soon enough an' blast dere innocence off dem, neh?" He set his coffee mug down. "Y'all good? Want anythin' else?"

Anna: "I like to think I've managed to retain most of my innocence." Anna stuck her tongue out at Remy.

Hepzibah: "Got anything stronger than coffee?" Hepz asked, knowing full well that he did. "No one keeps their innocence around here for long, Anna." Hepz shook her head grimly. "Not our lot in life."

Anna: "I've been here a year and a half... Am I doing well?" Anna blinked at Hepz.

Remy: "In d' cupboard, fridge an' freezer. Depends on all what y' want." He answered Heppie. "An' petite, y' may but y' sure know all about it." He added a wink. "So y're mind at least needs a scrubbin'."

Anna: "Ugh... don't remind me...." Anna wrinkled her nose, then perked up, "Got any whiskey?"

Hepzibah: "Yeah, Anna, you've done great. But that's not the kind of innocence I mean." She called from the kitchen where she dug out a bottle of whiskey and a bottle of bourbon.

Hepzibah: She sat the bottles down on the coffee table. "I mean the kind of innocence where you get to make believe that the world really isn't such a terrible place..." She poured bourbon in her empty coffee cup.

Remy: "We'll get y' one of dem ol' iron things d' ladies had t' wear...merde, what were dey called?" He made some illustrative guestures to his crotch."

Anna: "Chastity belt?" Anna supplied, smiling at the booze and Hepz.

Hepzibah: "Aww... I was going to see how long he'd play charades for us," Hepz chuckled, sipping from her cup.

Remy: Snapping his fingers he nodded. "Oui. Dat." He shook his head at Heppie. "Y' naughty girl. Should go toss y' out in d' lake. Know y' can swim now."

Anna: Anna giggled, pouring herself a drink, "Yeah... I'd rather not be directed to look... there...." She blushed and looked down at her drink, taking a long sip.

Remy: "Dere somethin' wrong wit' my lap?"

Anna: Anna blushed deeper and shook her head, hiding behind her cup.

Hepzibah: "Well, I can dogpaddle - ironically enough." She grinned at Remy. "There's not a thing wrong with your lap - or anything connected to it." She winked at him, flirting.

Remy: "Maybe it's jus' dat she'd rather see y're lap." His smile got a little smug.

Anna: Anna raised her eyebrows, coughing heavily.

Hepzibah: "Now you're just daydreaming Cajun! Stop you fantasizing!" Hepz smacked his arm. "You're gonna make her hide under the sofa you keep this up."

Remy: "Ah HAH!" HIs smile broadened and he poked Heppie back. "Nuh uh. I'm dat good. Lookit her. She's blushin' like mad."

Anna: Anna managed to get her breath back and glared at Remy. Still blushing, and being entirely stuck for a retort.

Hepzibah: "Oh sweetie," Hepz leaned down and have Anna a hug. "He doesn't mean any harm. He's just......" There really wasn't a word for him. "He's just Remy." She gave the Cajun a wink.

Anna: "I know...." Anna said quietly, she smiled a little.

Remy: "What's dat supposed t' mean?" Thinking about it he waved a hand. "Never mind."

Anna: Anna poured herself a bit more whiskey. Whiskey helped. A lot.

Hepzibah: She laughed and gave Remy a hug in turn. "It means I wouldn't have you any other way Cajun," she smiled broadly.

Remy: "Well jus' as good dat I'm back for a while at least den, neh? Even if I'm...me."

Anna: "We missed your just you-ness." Anna smiled at him, "And the booze."

Hepzibah: "And besides, who the Hell else could you possibly be?" She teased him, giving him another squeeze. "You not being flirty and dirty minded would be like me not being.... well - flirty and dirty minded."

Anna: Anna giggled at Hepz, "You weren't for a little while there... we were worried..." She patted her.

Remy: Bunching his hands under his pecks he looked down. "Yeah, well I'd make a shit assed woman, so I guess it's better dat I'm me."

Hepzibah: Hepz looked down, obviously distressed by that. "Yeah, that I lost myself for awhile. But, I'm back now...for the most part" She poured some more bourbon and got her grin back. "Remy, if you became a woman - I'd have to cry myself to sleep at night."

Anna: Anna cracked up again and nearly spilled her drink. The image it had put in her mind would make her smile for a while to come.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Cute. I can totally relate to poor Anna.

This is so XU in a nutshell:
Remy: "Ok. So d' sick stuff, y're married...evidently everyone's still fuckin' jus' fine. What else?" He kicked his feet up onto his coffee table. "Christmas plans? Anyone blow anythin' up or break part of d' school?"
And my lol lines o' day: He made some illustrative guestures to his crotch. ... "There's not a thing wrong with your lap - or anything connected to it."
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Heehee, I agree with Elfdame. I think that one line pretty much nails it. ;)

Also, WOOO REMY!