3/15 Instance: Spa Treatment

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

3/15 Instance: Spa Treatment

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

Hope: Hope sighed and lay back in her chair at the spa, wiggling her toes in the water. She turned to her roommate with a smirk. "We should have done this ages ago."

Kat: Kat sunk her feet into the water. So nice. "Agreed. Perfect day to relax."

Hope: "Nooo joke. While I prefer winter, I'm ready to lay out by the pool. This is close enough for now."

Kat: "Just think, after this we can go shopping for sandals. And flip flops. Mmmmm." Kat leaned back and closed her eyes and let the pedicurist do her job. "wanna splurge and get manicures too?"

Hope: "Can you do one without the other?" Hope grinned over at Kat. "We totally need new flip flops now."

Kat: Kat had questions for Hope. While their relationship had gotten better since her first ill-fated day at XU, they weren't still good friends. She wasn't sure they'd be considered friends at all. "Can I ask you a question?" Kat paused, bracing herself to phase out of this chair. "Why are you such a bitch?"

Hope: "I could ask you the same thing." Hope glanced over at her.

Kat: Kat sighed. "I don't mean to be a bitch. I've never really had a lot of friends. I've always been the youngest in my class, good at lots of things, and a mutant. Not a lot of people want to be friends with that. So I guess I'm ... defensive. But seriously. You've been at XU longer than I have. And you have a reputation of being... difficult."

Hope: "The thing is, when you bounce from group homes and foster homes... it's kind of like being in jail. Being nice gets you in trouble. You learn real fast to have the attitude that people don't want to fuck with."

Kat: "But why carry the attitude over with you at XU. We are all people here in a similar situation. And then you found your Dad. And I know you are about to spout off with 'I carry my don't give a fuck attitude now so I can guard myself against people who just want to be my friend because of Tony'. Don't you ever get lonely? Want to be around someone other than Johnny? Tonsil hockey gets old after a while."

Hope: "I don't have a problem making friends. Cecilia, Fabian, Eddie, just about everyone around here is great. The issue is when another big personality comes in. Spoiled brats who are used to getting their way don't like to be told no, for example."

Kat: Kat was quiet for a while. She knew that remark was pointed directly at her. She didn't know how to respond to Hope without causing a bigger scene. Kat shrunk down into her chair and tried to focus on the massage she was receiving.

Hope: "So basically, you can either sulk and dwell on it and try to change me and be disappointed... or accept me as I am and we can get along great."

Kat: Kat sat up and gritted her teeth. "And just like that you'll accept me and we will be best friends and tell each other all of our secrets? Please."

Hope: "I don't have a problem with you... so long as you don't move my stuff again."

Kat: Kat rolled her eyes. "Annnd we are back to that. Jeez, let it go."

Hope: "Says the one who is having issues."

Kat: "Listen, I don't have issues with you. I was excited to come to XU, excited to have a roommate. You lived in houses full of kids. I was alone. Always alone. I was picked on at school, I've always been smaller. And you didn't give me the welcome I expected. It threw me off guard. And you haven't really been available. Other than rare shopping trips and mani/pedis, we haven't had a chance to get to know each other. Seriously. The semester is halfway over, and we are just now starting to really get to know each other."

Hope: "I'm sorry that I didn't roll out the red carpet and cater to your expectations. I can't be the only person in the school you can hang out with. I have a life too, you know."

Kat: Kat scowled. "I have friends. I hang out with people. It's just hard when I am working on independent projects. Robots take time to build ya know."

Hope: "Then what's the problem?"

Kat: "It'd be nice to be friends with the person I am living with. Hell, sometimes the room is so icy, I had to buy an extra electric blanket."

Hope: "Well that's because Bobby is my body guard." She smirked over at her, then rolled her eyes. "Then stop whining and start bonding."

Kat: Bonding. Kat had no idea what they should do for bonding. "Well then, let's bond. What do we start with? Light as Feather stiff as a board? Freezing each other's bra? I honestly don't have a clue how to bond with someone. My best friend is a robot...that I built." Kat shifted in her seat as the pedicurist pulled her feet out of the water to start painting her nails.

Hope: "Well that is just.. sad.... and depressing. You totally need to get out more. Ohhh come to the Hellfire club with me this weekend."

Kat: "What's the Hellfire Club?"

Hope: "Bunch of rich old people that have nothing better to do than drink and talk. But they have a great bar. It's something to do... and you can talk to more people like Tony."

Kat: "Nothing I love more than a great bar and old rich people. Do you want to do some more bonding, and help me pick out an appropriate dress?"

Hope: "How lucky that there are some appropriate stores nearby! They are label snobs. We'll have to get you something nice."

Kat: "Well that sounds fabulous dahling. Shoes or dress first?"

Hope: "How do you expect me to choose?!" Hope laughed at her.