3/16 Instance: Don't Wait Up For Me

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

3/16 Instance: Don't Wait Up For Me

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Cecilia> Cecilia ran a hand through her still damp hair. She was still feeling some psychosomatic pain but at least a shower had taken care of the gasoline and she was mostly trying not to think about how close they'd all come to being overwhelmed and kidnapped.

<@Cecilia> She paused at the door. It was late and it was rare she ever came to Fabian's room without being invited or asking for an invitation herself. It still felt strange to enter without permission. Still though, he'd said it was alright, so she turned the doorknob and quickly, quietly slipped inside.

<Fabian> Fabian was laying awake in bed and was sitting up and looking over his shoulder to see who it was that was coming in. "Ahha, there you are!" He was up and over to her quickly, giving her a quick look over. "Are you all right? I heard about the call about the van but I didn't hear anything, I'd assumed you'd've been back before now."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia was...actually genuinely surprised that he was even up, much less concerned. "I've been back a little while, I was just downstairs making sure everyone who needed to go to the medlab went there and then I was in my room taking a shower," she said, giving him an amused look. "I'm fine. Just tired and a bit sore from psychosomatic pain."

<@Cecilia> "I would've come straight over," she said, flopping down on the bed. God! That felt so good! "But I was covered in gasoline, garbage and some blood."

<Fabian> "...yeah, the shower was a good idea though next time I'd enjoy an invitation." Fabian was right back into form, laying back down with her. "So what happened?"

<@Cecilia> "Of course you would," Cecilia laughed softly. Now this was more of the Fabian she knew. "...What didn't happen is a better question." She shuffled a little closer and sighed.

<@Cecilia> "A call in a shady part of New York went wrong really fast," she said, her accent creeping into her voice. "One minute we're shifting through dumpsters minding our own business, the next a fire escape is collapsing on top of us and these robed figures are swarming us and trying to drag us into a white van."

<@Cecilia> "There was one hell of a struggle," she said. "They nearly had us more than once but they eventually quit...though I'm not sure why. They could've had us if they'd kept going..." she looked a little troubled at this. "Anyways, we chased after the leader of the pack- Kraven- and got led into a house of horror."

<@Cecilia> "Gasoline tanks, trip wires, grenades on bodies hanging from the ceiling, you name the trap and it was there. Ed...set off some of the grenades, got cut by guillotines and was torn apart by an explosion. Laura had her arm...severed. Jess landed on glass and went deaf for awhile. JP got cut by the falling fire escape. Illyana inhaled some sort of hallucinogen..."

<@Cecilia> "...Everyone got out though," Cecilia said, sighing. "So that's good. I thought I might be lit up at the end there with all the gasoline and explosions but JP really came through."

<Fabian> Fabian nodded along as she explained what all had happened. "If they thought they would have had you they would have kept going." He assured her, sliding an arm around her and settling in more. "Everyone is more or less in one piece though so it doesn't sound like this has been a loss, does it?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia nodded. "If you say so." She smiled in spite herself at the embrace. "At least we know for sure Kraven's involved now...lucky us," she said sarcastically.

<@Cecilia> "I'm surprised you're up," Cecilia said, reaching up and petting his hair a little. "I didn't worry you too much did I, mi amor?"

<Fabian> "Why are you surprised?" Fabian asked, eyebrow quirking up a little bit. "You know how obsessive I can be."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia chuckled, shrugging her shoulders. "I guess I just don't picture you worrying about me much or waiting for me. I expected to find you dreaming peacefully. Why should I not have thought that?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia had felt it was her who would be in worse shape without him than he would be without her...but perhaps she was wrong...if so that was...she didn't know what that was, but it made her very happy.

<Fabian> "I don't have so many people important to me that such happenings wouldn't raise some concern now."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia hummed happily, smiling. "I love you too, Fabian." She chuckled, stealing a kiss.

<@Cecilia> "Tell me..." Cecilia said, squishing him a little. "What you've been up to recently. My life has been consumed by cannibals and depressing news. I need something to brighten my day."

<Fabian> "Similar things as you, really. I'm pretty sure everyone's getting to that point." Fabian pulled a face at that truth. "Other than that? The usual things."

<@Cecilia> "Any revelations on that subject?" Cecilia said, raising an eyebrow. "I'm having a look at two autopsy reports tomorrow and your idea about transubstantiation cults is starting to look more and more convincing. Especially with the appearance of old geezers in weird red cowls."

<@Cecilia> "Either we're fighting the Illuminati or the Shriners gone horribly wrong," she chuckled. "...I can't wait for summer to start. We got both our birthdays to look forward to then and Puerto Rico."

<Fabian> "I'm afraid I'm revelationless both in actuality and in puns." Fabian admitted. "And I could definitely use that vacation, how about you?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia nodded. "Yes. Dammit I need a vacation so bad. I know it was that long since Barcelona but still!" She thought a moment. "...I think I need a new bathing suit though...moths ate my old one."

<@Cecilia> "And my shorts..." she sighed. "At least, the ones that weren't falling apart to begin with."

<Fabian> "...do I get to help you shop for bathing suits?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia spluttered and turned red. "You want to come shopping with me?" That was weird. Nobody back home would've gone with her if she'd dated someone from her old neighbourhood.

<@Cecilia> "No..." she said, crossing her arms over her chest a little and scowling. "I don't want you knowing my bra size." If only 'cause she was a bit scared if he knew he'd run to the nearest lingerie store.

<Fabian> "But...but..." Fabian pouted terribly. "Pleaaaase?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia snorted. "Why're you so interested?"

<Fabian> "Um...girlfriend in potentially skimpy swimwear?"

<@Cecilia> "I don't wear bikinis," Cecilia said, raising an eyebrow. "I hate to disappoint, but it's true."

<Fabian> "But why not?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "'Cause I'm pear-shaped! It just shows all the things I lack and all the things I don't wanna emphasize!" She shook her head. "Besides I've never owned one. I shudder to think what my mother would say about that."

<Fabian> "We're trying some on, it'll be great, you'll see." Fabian settled back, sighing and relaxing. This was much better.

<@Cecilia> "I hope not," Cecilia said, snorting. "I don't think that's a good look for you." She settled down beside him. "You alright?"

<Fabian> "You're trying them on, I'm getting a new double water balloon catapult for the roof." Fabian assured her. "I'm okay now, you?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia rolled her eyes. She should've known he wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. "If it makes you happy, Fab." She eyed him strangely. "Oh God...are you seriously going to use a bikini top as a slingshot?"

<Fabian> "You know the answer to that. Spring will spring."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia snorted and nodded to his previous question, rubbing his back a little. "I'm okay...don't worry so much about me, alright? I am indestructible, y'know. Even without my shields I walk away from most things fine. It's other people you should worry about."

<Fabian> Fabian just rolled his eyes. "Exactly how much time have you spent in the med lab here? I'm fully within my reasonable rights and you'll just have to put up with it."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia sighed. "Fair enough...I have come close to dying probably more than most." She smiled a little. "And to be fair it does make me happy you worry a little about me. It's nice to know someone cares."

<@Cecilia> She studied him. "I hope this ends soon, I'd like my biggest worry to be what drink I'm going to have at the pool for a little while."