3/17 Instance: Something We Agree On

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

3/17 Instance: Something We Agree On

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Fabian> Fabian checked his watch, glad to see that he wasn't running late for his watch starting. He stopped at the edge of Professor Munroe's greenhouses, sipping the coffee he had brought for the occasion and pocketing his phone as he looked out and saw the crime scene tape cordoning off the woods flapping about. It was still unnerving but if there was anything out there whoever was manning the cameras would let him and whoever his partner for the night know as they woke the school up.

<Hisako> "Cortez-san!", Hisako jogged over to him, "S-sorry, I was asleep. I haven't....", she took a moment to gather her breath, standing up straight and adjusting her coat, "...I have been sick.", she frowned, "Sorry again.", she sighed, tapping her bokken's saya with her fingers.

<@Fabian> "Sorry? You're not late or anything, don't worry." Fabian shrugged as he went to close some of the distance between the two of them. "How are you doing then?"

<Hisako> Hisako looked away a little, "...ok, I guess. Just....just feeling a little bit useless.", she admitted, "After everything...I thought....", shaking her head, she sighed, "...I thought wrong, anyway. That's all, I suppose."

<@Fabian> He looked a bit confused, brow furrowing. "What did you think? And hey, we're both taking a turn at being useful...though seems like a quiet night, huh? I guess there's no real need for anyone to invade the woods again, is there?"

<@Fabian> "They all ready proved they could do it once."

<Hisako> Nodding, Hisako hummed in agreement, "I...thought I could be strong and deal with life alone.", she shrugged, "I thought that if I was more powerful, it would be all I needed."

<@Fabian> Ooooh, they were having this talk. Fabian went from confused to surprised. "You deal with a lot of stuff alone and you're plenty strong."

<Hisako> "Still.....no excuse for too much arrogance.", she smiled gently at him, "I'm sorry, Cortez-san...truly."

<@Fabian> "But you can take pride in what you can do." Reasonableness! It was happening. Fabian offered her what he hoped was a winning smile as he started on their patrol trail. "And I'm sorry for how I make my points. I rub too hard and I'm arrogant as hell as well."

<Hisako> Hisako laughed a little, following him, "I've learned nobody is perfect.", she shrugged one shoulder, "So it's nothing. 'Water under the bridge'... right?"

<@Fabian> "I can deal with that." He nodded. "Though I hope you and Cecilia've reached the same kind of line of thought or else that's going to be hard as hell for the both of us...there's one thing I mean to ask you though."

<Hisako> "Cecilia....she can't talk to me right now. But I suppose that if she can't I understand.", Hisako turned to him, "What did you want to ask?"

<@Fabian> "The night of the great drugged beating you told me a few things about your family. Is that still a secret I should be keeping?"

<Hisako> Having forgotten she'd said anything, Hisako blinked, biting her lip, "....I....would rather....don't tell too many people.", she exhaled softly, "....you didn't tell anyone....at all?"

<@Fabian> He shook his head. "That wasn't the kind of thing to share, even considering what we thought of one another."

<Hisako> "....oh.", she smiled a little wider, "I....really misjudged you.", she admitted, "Thank you."

<@Fabian> "Most people do, I prefer it that way. The look of constant surprise when I do something half-decent is always oddly rewarding." Fabian smirked, sure that many a person would still be surprised. "I have enough shit I don't like people talking about that I know they probably do, no reason to talk about other people's stuff...you've mentioned it to other people though? People who're better help than me?"

<Hisako> Hisako nodded, "I talked to Kincaid-sempai. She is helping me through the....recovery.", she looked up at the sky, "I'm ashamed I need this treatment, I wish I could have helped you all with Kraven."

<@Fabian> "It's not done just yet so God knows you might just end up doing so." Kraven, that was going to be a mess. Fabian just was going to have to make sure his ass wasn't turning over a spit before everything was over. "You're not who should be ashamed in that situation, though."

<Hisako> "Then....who?", she looked back at him.

<@Fabian> "The people who put you in the situation; your step-father, your mother."

<Hisako> Looking away, Hisako took a deep breath, "Obachan, that is, my Grandmother....she says my mother is just cursed with mourning. She cannot bear the loss, so she blames anything else for it....", she frowned, "Like....me."

<@Fabian> "And how fucked up is that, huh?" Fabian asked, shrugging his shoulders. "I'm not saying she's horrible or anything, just saying that the things she's done involving how she's acted with you is but what goes on between the two of you is for the two of you, not something for me or anyone else."

<Hisako> "It's not like I don't agree with you, don't get me wrong....", Hisako explained, "But...I can't hate her. Because didn't I do what she did to me....to all of you? To people in my past?"

<@Fabian> "I don't think it's quite the same level but if you don't want to hate her then don't hate her...though I'd definitely have a little bit of hate for your step-father if I were in your place."

<Hisako> Hisako nodded at that, "Agreed. Taku is a filthy pig. I just hope someone sticks a knife in his head....", she spat, looking disgusted that his name had rolled off her tongue, "I really hate him."

<@Fabian> Fabian couldn't help it, he cracked a grin at that and raised his coffee, chuckling just a bit. "To hell with him. So we're good then?"

<Hisako> "Yep.", Hisako gave him a wink, "We're alright.", she looked back up at the stars, gasping suddenly, "Ah! Look!", her hand shot upwards, "Did you see!? Shooting star!"

<@Fabian> Casting his eyes upward, Fabian looked about. "Well damn, missed it." He looked back around the grounds, turning to start the patrol of the back of the school. "I can count on you coming to kick my ass during fencing practice this Tuesday, then?"

<Hisako> Laughing, Hisako nodded, "Any excuse to beat on you, Cortez-san.", she grinned, patting his back.