5/30 Instance: Bacon Flavoured Awkward

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

5/30 Instance: Bacon Flavoured Awkward

Post by Slarti »

Timelined for a few days after [Instance]Go the Bleep to Sleep.

<Jessica> Having managed to talk Sebastian into driving her up to the school so she could at least collect homework and ask relevant questions herself, Jess was now at a loss for what to do while he was working. Deciding she was hungry, she made her way to the kitchen and left her books on the table while she investigated the fridge.

<Jessica> There was bacon. Bacon was of the good... and she wouldn't have to stand up for that long to make it. She pulled the packet out and got to work on the stove.

<Kevin> Kevin opened his eyes. Where the hell was he? Oh yeah. Back at the School. Right. He'd been on the road for so long, he'd forgotten how nice it was to be stationary. He'd gotten in at some point last night, he wasn't sure when. It had been dark. So, he'd found an empty room and crashed. He was never hitch-hiking again. Too many wrong turns.

<Kevin> He rolled out of the bed and wandered downstairs. He was hungry, and since food was free here, it was going to be delicious.

<Jessica> Jess realised that even standing up long enough to cook bacon was going to be an issue so she dragged a stool over from the table and sat down. Better. Mmm bacon. She wished these stools had wheels.

<Kevin> Kevin could smell bacon as he got closer. Maybe someone would like to share... He pulled down his hood and made sure his gloves were firmly in place as he entered the kitchen. "I suppose good morning might be in order, or have I lost track of time....oh." It was Jessica. His stomach dropped out and he stopped dead. "Um."

<Jessica> Jess froze. She knew that voice. She didn't even have to turn around. She did turn around, however, and slid off her stool to go over to him. He was back and he was in one piece. He got a hug.

<Kevin> "Hi, Jess..." He hugged her back and let go. "So um...you're cooking bacon?"

<Jessica> She nodded, offering a slightly awkward smile, "Yeah... I eat bacon now...." and nodding made her dizzy. Right. She went to take her seat again. "Do you want some? There's still some more left..." she held up the packet.

<Kevin> "No thanks." What to say? Talk about awkward.... "I'm back."

<Jessica> "Okay...." she put the packet down and lifted the corner of her bacon to see how it was doing, turning it over because it looked a decent colour. "When did you get back?"

<Kevin> "Sometime last night. I think."

<Jessica> "Spoken to anyone else yet?" She got up to wash her hands before she got some bread and a plate.

<Kevin> "Nope." How could she act so normal? As if nothing had happened over the phone. "Well, I just wanted some um. Milk."

<Jessica> "Oh..." She frowned a little, chewing her lip, "Um... How was your trip?"

<Kevin> "Good. I got dad squared away. And I got lost - hitch-hiked the wrong way."

<Kevin> He went and got himself a glass of milk, going the long way around the island, trying to keep away from Jess. He might try to grab her and hug her or something, and she probably wouldn't like it now she had Shaw.

<Jessica> "I was worried..." she carefully buttered the bread while she spoke, "I thought something had happened to you..."

<Kevin> "No, just ran out of change and my cell died. I called every time I could." He poured the milk and put the gallon away, playing with the glass.

<Jessica> Checking the bacon again, she tried to think of something else to say. "Kevin... I'm sorry..."

<Kevin> "Me too." He gulped down the milk. "I went away at a bad time. I should have asked to be picked up in the jet, but I didn't want to be bother during such a bad time."

<Jessica> "You wouldn't have been a bother... everyone kept saying how we needed more people..." she chewed her lip, looking over her shoulder at him. "I tried to wait for you... I... the last thing I wanted to do.... I didn't want to hurt you..."

<Kevin> Okay. Right into territory he didn't want to talk about just yet. "It's fine," he replied shortly. "I wasn't here, so I didn't expect - " He cut himself off before he said anything mean. It wasn't her fault, really. He'd had a huge part in it.

<Jessica> "You had every right to expect me to wait..." she corrected, "I expected me to wait.... but then everything just.... Kevin, it was so horrible here..."

<Kevin> "Well, you didn't. I'm just gonna...go find my new roomies and settle in." He put the glass down on the counter and went for the door.

<Jessica> "Kevin..." Jess pulled the pan off the heat before she went after him, catching his arm. "I meant what I said... I still care about you... so... so please... if you can find some way to forgive me.... I'd really like if we could still be friends..."

<Kevin> "Look, Jess, not right now. It's too soon. I don't know what to say or do right now." He pulled his arm away.

<Jessica> She nodded, biting down on her lip and looking down at the floor. "Okay... I understand..." she pushed a hand through her hair, "Um... well... look... I probably won't be around here that much anyway.... with work and everything... and I'm supposed to in bed... I'm sort of... not living here...."

<Kevin> "In bed?"

<Jessica> "Yeah... I've had a high fever for the past couple of days... I'm mostly okay now..." Except for standing up for long periods of time. She remembered this when she started feeling dizzy again and leaned against the door frame. "Came in to pick up my homework..." she gestured to the books on the kitchen table.

<Kevin> "Oh. Well, feel better, Jess." He gave her a wave. Way too much information. Maybe seeing other people would help get his mind off Jess living with Shaw somewhere else.

<Jessica> Jess gave him an awkward smile. She wanted to hug him again... and apologise a lot more. "Yeah... working on that..." she glanced at the kitchen, "Are you sure you don't want anything to eat? I don't mind...."

<Kevin> "Nope. I'm good." He turned and fled.

<Jessica> Jess sighed heavily and watched him disappear down the corridor before turning back into the kitchen to finish making her food, even though she'd lost her appetite now. She'd known it was going to be difficult so it shouldn't have been such a surprise how much it hurt to see him again. But she only had herself to blame.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 5/30 Instance: Bacon Flavoured Awkward

Post by Slarti »

Don't worry, Kevin, he's taking good care of her...
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Post by Chaos »

^^^^^^^^^^

OH, YOU SLY BASTARD. 10/10
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

Still a better love story than Twilight.
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean