X-Men Schism - Analysis of the X-Men Event

The X-Men! Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, and more!
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Men Schism - Analysis of the X-Men Event

Post by Wahnsinn »

You misread me, man: I like Ramos. I just don't think his style suits everything. It's quite fun on Spider-Man, though. It's vibrant and energetic, which is exactly what's needed for that character. Ramos' art probably wouldn't suit X-Factor or X-Force, though. The tone is all wrong.

And I love Scottie Young on the Oz stuff. It's so bloody cute! :D

I'm definitely with Indigo_Lady on Bachalo's Nightcrawler, though. Kurt's supposed to be an attractive man who happens to be blue, pointy-eared, fanged, tailed, and fuzzy. Bachalo's Kurt is straight-up creepy. Of course, I can't think of a guy Bachalo draws as attractive. His guys just aren't that pretty.

Sal's Kurt was beautiful, especially in X-treme. The only point against him is that period with the buzz cut and goatee, which made not one ounce of sense. I wonder what his Kurt would look like now; Sal's style has changed quite a bit.

Ahem, back to the topic . . .
There's no more upcoming Kubert Regenesis work, aside from a cover, of which I'm aware.

I found it kind of funny that the little survey of the fans at the NYCC panel came back with the vast majority being on the side of Wolverine. Oddly, most of the comments I've seen from editors and writers have put them on Cyke's side. Maybe that response will spark a conversation about tweaking the presentation, or even direction, of the line to appeal to the broadest possible audience.

[Edited on 17/10/11 by Wahnsinn]