PS4 -- > DCUO

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Robin, Aquaman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, the Flash, and more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

PS4 -- > DCUO

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Just got a Playstation 4, first game I'm getting is actually a digital release, the FREE-TO-PLAY, DCU Online MMO and I'm psyched about it.

Anyone else got it? care to join me?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: PS4 -- > DCUO

Post by steyn »

got the pc version, however I had so many issues about it that it just makes me sad now when I try to play it :<

How can you have an MMO based on comic book worlds, but not have speech bubbles?!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

In can see your complaint, find it valid, but don't share your level concern I think. You're right though, I was watching gameplay and it falls strictly into MMO and much less comic-booky. The made characters look like WoW character options or even Transformers. Little underwhelming, as I want to keep it simple but I'm told as you progress, at least in the ps4 version, it gets easier to modify the character.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

One thing that got me is how little diversity there is in the texturing of costumes, it's as if most of the costumes has this ugly silver colour to them. Another thing I'm sad about was the lack of onomatopoeia. Where's the Crash! Bam! Biff! and Pow! ? That would have been fun.

But to be honest, the biggest reason why I gave up on it was because I never had someone to share the game with :/
And now that you're playing it, I'm so many several gigs behind in patches, that it might take me weeks to just download it. However I wouldn't mind trying though if it means we could play...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So this game is really fun, but as you said, when you're the only one you know who is playing it gets a smidge redundant.

I don't play many MMO's, only having started WoW (and found it wasn't for me) and tried to play the FF one before my friend got rid of it/deleted my file, but I feel a tad overwhelmed to be honest.

Are side missions the best way of leveling up or is it just sticking to the story?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I will say the game gets progressively more fun as you level up... but the PVP play-to-win ass holes are really killin' my enjoyment.

It would be nice if I had some friends on this game :/