9/23 Issue: The Awakening - The X-Men

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

9/23 Issue: The Awakening - The X-Men

Post by Slarti »

Timelined Friday, April 7, 2023.

Xavier: Xavier held his pen, carefully poised, over the paper on the hospital tray. He had been working hard with the physical therapists regarding his atrophied muscles for a few days so that he would be able to better use his hand and arm. Writing this document himself was important to him. The president should be coming soon and he wished to have at least a rough draft to show him when he arrived.

Xavier: Charles turned his head, looking at nothing, as he felt the approach. Soon was apparently now. His eyes read over the chicken-scratch on the paper and frowned. It would have to do for the time being.

Carol: Carol had forgotten how mad people with cameras made her after so long off babysitting duty. In fairness, the rage was made worse by the fact she'd just been a passenger on a plane instead of flying it herself. How was this her life now?

Carol: The hospital was at least expecting them so they could lose the obnoxious idiots and their camera flashes and Tony could stop grinning like an idiot.

Tony: Fuck yeah he was grinning. He was the most popular president of this generation and he was keeping those poll numbers high. Once they got inside, he loosened his tie, but didn't stop with the smiles and thumbs up of encouragement to the staff and patients.

Bobby: He looked at his phone and rolled his eyes. "The ego has landed," he laughed, swirling the coffee in a paper cup as he sprawled in the waiting room chair. It tasted like ass and he'd frozen and reheated it enough times to make it develop a skim on top.

Rogue: Rogue laughed at Bobby and nudged him with her equally sprawled leg. "That's mah boss, Bugsy. Buuut, y' ain't wrong," she grinned. Her leg flopped off of the arm of the chair, foot thonking on the floor. "C'mon then. Carol'll likely want me t' take mah job back over."

Carol: "If your face gets stuck that way it'll look really inappropriate for everything important..." Carol warned Tony with a small smirk.

Tony: "Are you kidding? This face is always appropriate." Tony strutted along the highly polished floor and gave his bodyguard a coy look.

Bobby: "I know I'm not, Dollface." He gave her a fond grin in return and let her rock his leg. "The princess was just as bad." Bobby froze the remains of the poor coffee and sat up, tossing the cup across the small room to the trash can.

Carol: Carol laughed, giving Tony a very light shove, "Suuuuuure it is. Just like scotch, right?"

Rogue: She knocked back the rest of her cup and tossed it into the can as she stood, then offered him a hand. "C'mon, sugah. Let's go save th' Carol from th' king."

Bobby: "Well if anyone can handle him..." He let her pull him up, bouncing to his feet to grin down at her. "At least I didn't have to deal with casual sexual harassment from princess."

Tony: "Exactly like scotch." Tony intentionally took a staggering step and had to wave away the jumpy secret service guy.

Carol: "Aww, it's so cute they think they can save you from me!"

Rogue: Rogue shrugged one shoulder and gave Bobby an exaggerated innocent face, "Ah never said Ah didn't like it." She walked around the corner and almost bumped into Tony. "Whoa! Hey, boss man! Carol!"

Carol: "Hey!" Carol smiled at Rogue, "We made it here in one piece even though they wouldn't let me fly the plane. It's a miracle."

Bobby: Oh really? His eyebrows rose at that revelation from his best friend.

Tony: "Ah, Rogue! My favorite mononymous bodyguard." Tony clapped his hands together, then laid one of each of his ladies.

Rogue: "Hi, sugah. Glad t' see ya still th' same as Ah left ya." She grinned at Tony then shifted her gaze back to Carol, "They won't let me fly it either. Bet they wouldn't even let Bobby. It's a cryin' shame."

Carol: "I'm an Air Force Colonel. I'm actually qualified to fly the plane. Clearance and everything. But pilots can be kind of possessive about their cockpits..."

Bobby: "I have an actual license!" Bobby complained.

Tony: "So do I, actually, but yet they complain when I use it..." Tony tsked and shook his head. "Okay, so where is your guru?"

Rogue: Rogue did her cursory glance around, now that Tony was back in her custody, and started down the hall back towards Xavier's room. "This way, Mr. President. Guru ahoy."

Carol: Now that she was technically off duty, Carol pounced Bobby for a hug, "How've you been, Frosty Knickers?"

Bobby: "Good!" Bobby was pounce and returned the hug. "You? Looks like you lost a fight with a weed whacker, babe."

Tony: "Mr. President?" He looked around at the agents and his other guard, even including his daughter's male Elsa. "Do favorites call me Mr. President?"

Rogue: "Only when they wanna give y' an ego boost," she grinned at Tony over her shoulder. "Or if they're butterin' ya up t' ask f'r a favor later. 'Cause we know tha first option ain't ever needed."

Carol: She ruffled Bobby's hair for the comment about hers, "I'm good... bored out of my mind behind a desk but I'm okay... which is why I cut my hair. Too much to worry about in the morning when I hit the snooze too many times."

Xavier: Charles looked up as he heard them coming, a veritable stampede down the hallway to protect Tony Stark. He set the pen down and clasped his fingers together on his lap as he waited.

Tony: "Oh, you need a favor?" Tony zipped himself to her side and grinned. "I like favors."

Bobby: Bobby ran a hand through his hair to resettled it. "Mornings are of the devil."

Carol: Carol nodded, "Yes they are. Especially mornings where you have to put on an uncomfortable uniform that doesn't include pants and then drive through DC traffic to your office with terrible coffee. Anything to make it easier."

Bobby: Bobby made a face. His job was fun, mostly, so he had very little room to talk.

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Just stockin' up tha good graces f'r later, Tony." She looped her arm through his and gave her boss her brightest smile just as they got to the room. "Hi, professor," she turned her smile to a much softer one as she looked at the man in the bed.

Xavier: "Good morning, Rogue." He smiled at the president, "Tony. You have quite the entourage today it would seem."

Carol: Carol paused at the doorway, unsure if she was invited to this little reunion.

Tony: "Professor!" Tony entered the room and spread his arms wide for the adoration of the crowd of one. Oh, first name basis already. Perfect! "Charles!"

Xavier: "I appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to come here and meet with me." He noticed the two still in the hallway and gave them a small smile as well, "Robert, Ms. Danvers, please come in as well." Xavier turned his gaze to Carol, "I owe you a debt of gratitude, Ms. Danvers, for what you did for my students all those years ago."

Carol: Carol stepped in but held up her hands a little, "Oh, hey... just my job...."

Xavier: "That does not downplay the magnitude of the generosity you showed to them."

Bobby: Bobby slung his arm around Carol's shoulders. "Aww, lookit her being all modest. She did a great job babysitting."

Tony: "Of course," he said, looking around at the monitors in the room to evaluate the tech. Good, but not Stark good.

Carol: Carol gave Bobby a shove for drawing attention to how uncomfortable she was, "Shut up..."

Rogue: Rogue laughed and bumped Carol with her hip since she was in between herself and Bobby. Perfect for teasing. "Y' really saved our butts, gal."

Carol: "You know they basically assigned me there as punishment for asking too many awkward questions, right?"

Xavier: Xavier smiled at the display from two of his former students, glad they were still as close as before, and with Rogue's former nemesis as well. He turned his attention back to the president. "I have something I would like to pitch to you, in an official capacity." Charles picked up the paper, gingerly holding it out for Tony. "I apologize for the condition of the handwriting. I am still working on regaining my muscle strength and coordination.”

Tony: Well well. "Well, normally, I don't take things from people, but I like you, so I'll make an exception." Tony ratcheted up his grin and accepted the paper, scanning it quickly. Then more slowly.

Rogue: Rogue rolled her eyes at Tony, "Ah didn't think y'd need me t' be a meat shield with Charles." She moved further into the room to put a hand on Xavier's while Tony read the document. "Glad y're doin' well, professor."

Tony: "I really do like that you put the flattery up front. Very subtle. Nicely done." He looked up and gave the professor a nod. "I am truly the equal rights president, aren't I?"

Xavier: Xavier pat Rogue's hand with his free one and gave her a small smile before turning back to the president, "Indeed, you are. You have accomplished more in your terms than I could have ever dreamed for our country. Which is why I am hoping you will be open to my proposal."

Rogue: Oh, this sounded extra official. She squeezed his hand gently then backed up to where Carol and Bobby still were near the door. Rogue turned to look out the windows into the hallway, just to make sure the secret service was still around, just in case.

Carol: Carol raised an eyebrow at the word 'proposal' and tried not to make a comment about Sebastian getting jealous.

Tony: "More flattery!" He looked between the paper and Xavier again. "I... do like that," he said, going back to read over it again. "You realize we already have a few super-powered teams working for the federal government, right? Under SHIELD?" Tony waved the paper at Bobby. "Elsa there is on one of them."

Bobby: Bobby had assumed his own at-ease position by the door to listen and rolled his eyes.

Xavier: "I do realize that. The difference would be that instead of a team created of mutants, humans, and alien technology, this would be a team of mutants. They would work to fight for peace and equality between humans and mutants. Spreading what you have been able to promote during your presidency and helping it to flourish. I want my X-Men to be able to work above board."

Xavier: Xavier nodded at the paper in Tony's hands. "I would like them to be officially sanctioned."

Carol: Alien tech and also aliens. Carol kept quiet.

Bobby: Bobby cast a curious glance at Anna and Carol. This was... unexpected. The X-Men as legit?

Tony: The President of the United States sucked on his teeth, eyes squinting nearly closed in thought as he mulled this over. Then, he grinned. "Sure! Why not."

Rogue: Rogue couldn't help her bright grin as she caught Bobby's eye, then squealed at Tony's answer before she could stop herself.

Carol: Carol's eyebrows went up. That was... quick. But Tony was always kind of impulsive.

Xavier: Charles smiled at Tony, "I am indebted to you, Mr. President. I hope we will be able to work together to the benefit of all mankind, human and mutant alike."

Tony: "Me too, Chuck." Tony stepped forward, shoving the paper at Rogue to hold and offering his hand to the professor. "I think they'd frown on champagne for a toast, but - to the future!"