9/22 Issue: Anger Pie

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

9/22 Issue: Anger Pie

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: A few minutes after Issue: Fiddlers on the Roof

Rogue: Rogue landed on the back step and swiped at her eyes before going into the kitchen, just in case. She finished off the scotch as she entered and tossed the bottle in the trash. She couldn't bring herself to finish packing her car, but she could cook. Rogue could always cook. Random ingredients were in her arms before she even had time to think about what to make.

Carol: Carol landed on the lawn with a bag full of snackfoods and eyed Rogue's car and all the boxes. So it was actually happening. Awesome. She headed inside, finding more boxes but no Rogue, and headed into her office to drop off half her supplies... on top of the note Rogue had left on her desk without even noticing it was there. Okay. Now coffee.

Rogue: Rogue dumped the ingredients on the counter and went on auto-pilot, gathering the utensils and returning to her task. She sniffed and wiped her nose with her wrist, which reminded her to wash her hands from being on the roof. Rogue turned on the water and waited for it to get hot, pressing the heels of her hands on the edge of the sink and letting her head hang down, trying to not cry. Again.

Carol: The kitchen was occupied... and real food was being made! She was going to miss real food. Carol set her shopping down on the nearest table, "Hey, making enough to share?"

Rogue: Carol had startled her, but she shook it off and straightened up to wash her hands. "Sure. Ain't sure what Ah'm makin' yet." She glanced over her shoulder to actually take in the ingredients. "Looks like peach cobbler." That made her laugh, ruefully. Bobby's favorite of her desserts. "C'n make somethin' else, though."

Carol: "I'm good with whatever. You know I'll eat anything." She gestured at her bag of snacks, "If you make it, it'll for sure be better for me than my dinner plans."

Rogue: Rogue finished washing and turned to grab a towel to dry her hands. "Ah'll make somethin' else." The towel got tossed onto the counter and Rogue set to work putting the cobbler ingredients away in favor of some raw chicken. "Chicken pot pie work? Fool y' eyes int' thinkin' it's dessert 'til y' nose catches up."

Carol: "Sure," Carol gave her a smile, going to the coffee pot for what she'd come in for. "You need help cramming stuff into your tiny car?"

Rogue: "Nah, Ah'm alright. Ain't got much..." She grabbed a beer and frosted it in her hand, took a long drink, then moved to the cutting board with the chicken. "'Preciate it, though." Rogue made a face at the aftertaste of the beer, but it was better than nothing right now. "Might actually leave what's inside still here 'til Ah c'n talk t' Tony. Don't wanna get settled an' have things go t' shit, right?"

Carol: Carol noticed the frost and looked around for Bobby. "We could just move you out the same way I moved Andi in - use the jet." She took a seat at one of the tables with her coffee. "Why would things go to shit?"

Rogue: "Tony has no idea who Ah really am." She started cutting at the chicken, dicing it into small bite-sized chunks. "All he knows is what's in mah files. We've never actually talked 'bout it."

Carol: She managed not to roll her eyes, "Then you should talk to him about it, don't you think?" She sipped her coffee, "Easy fix."

Rogue: "Yeah, Ah told him so. An' then he sprung th' mansion on me. He'd already bought it! Th' whole house hunt was a cover t' make th' end reveal a surprise." Rogue bit her lip and shook her head, "He's gonna regret it after we talk. Once he finds out just how dark mah ... everythin' is... He's gonna regret things. Only person who's ever understood me is Bobby."

Carol: She frowned, thinking that information over, "I think he wants you to keep the house."

Rogue: Rogue looked up at Carol, confused frown in place. "What?"

Carol: "He wants you to have the house," she repeated, "Even if it all goes to shit. That's why he didn't say anything... at least, that's what I think. Think about it - if he told you he was buying you a house, what do you think you'd have done then? You'd have done what you're doing now and overthought it. So he bought it first before you could hide."

Rogue: "No, Ah'd've run..." She sighed and moved to clean the board and knife for use on the veggies. "Or do y' think he bought th' house t' try an'... Ah dunno... Maybe apologize f'r not bein' able t' tell me how he feels? It made Bobby mad..."

Carol: "The running was what I meant by hiding... I was trying to be nice." She took another sip of coffee and wished it was scotch. She needed to be more drunk for this conversation. "It's not an apology house. It's a grand gesture house. He wants you to be happy and he's hoping you decide to be happy with him." She paused, chewing her lip while she debated saying the next thing.

Carol: Fuck it. Rip off the bandaid. Time to be a grown up. "Bobby doesn't have a right to be mad about it."

Rogue: "Not in th' romantic sense, no. But in th' best friend sense, yes. If somethin' ain't right, he's allowed t' be mad..." The water iced without her thinking about it and she growled under her breath. This wasn't normally this hard to control. But then, she was drunk and whatever the female version of blue-balled was. Rogue focused and thawed it, continuing to wash when it got hot again.

Carol: "What the hell isn't right about Tony buying you a house? You like the house, right? You like Tony? What's the problem?"

Rogue: "Th' house is perfect. Tony is perfect. Except that he ain't th' one sayin' he loves me." Rogue went back to the counter and started working on the vegetables. She paused and tried to find the words, unsure really as to why Bobby was mad, except for that reason. She didn't want to check the psyche. She really, really didn't. But she might have to.

Rogue: "Don't y' think th' house is kinda ...sudden? Ah go fr'm casual sex t' girlfriend then get a mansion? Shouldn't there be some steps in b'tween? Like... Makin' sure he c'n handle th' parts o' me that most people run from?"

Carol: "Tony isn't the type to run, Rogue. Maybe the house is so he knows where to find you when you run. It's like what I said before... what if you told someone you loved them and they ran away from you? Even if you felt like you deserved it... it'd still hurt like hell..." Yep. She needed scotch for this conversation because that was too much thinking about her own experiences.

Rogue: "There are things y' don't know, Carol. Things nobody knows 'cept Bobby. Sam didn't even know 'cause he died first..." And then there was that. "Ah'm a widow, t' boot. He ain't gonna be able t' accept that Ah'll always mourn Sam. Always."

Carol: "Of course he is! Why are you doing this now? You have a great thing with Tony. I was worried at the start but you guys are good together..." she got up to fetch some scotch from the top of the cupboard, "You don't know what Tony's going to say until you talk to him. Don't assume you know what's going on in his head... You owe it to him to give him a chance to hear all of whatever it is from you."

Carol: The bottle was open before she was even back on the floor, "And you owe him time to process before you expect a response before you throw it all away."

Rogue: "Ah'm doin' it now 'cause..." She dropped the knife onto the wooden board and moved to knead and roll out the dough, taking out her frustrations in the inanimate material. "'Cause Bobby's loved me since b'fore he married Lorna."

Carol: Fuck! Now there was glass and scotch everywhere. "What the hell?!"

Rogue: Rogue felt the glass flying before it got to her and she formed an ice dome over her food, hearing the glass plink and fall away from it. "He just told me t'night."

Carol: "No. He does not get to do this now." Oooh she hadn't been this mad in a long time.

Rogue: "Ah asked, okay. We were talkin' an' Ah asked." She couldn't look at Carol for this part. "Ah kissed him. If he hadn't stopped when he did..." Rogue closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She knew they were horrible people, but she didn't feel much guilt.

Carol: Her hands were up before she could stop herself and she sent a double strength blast right at Rogue.

Rogue: Rogue took it, not even bothering to catch herself before she was forced through the wall and into the hall. "Ah know, okay?! Ah know!" She stood up and brushed the broken bits of drywall and tile from her ass, then shook her hair out.

Carol: "No you don't know! You have no idea! This is exactly the bullshit I was worried was going to happen! What the fuck is wrong with you that you decide now is the time to have this talk? Like it'd make any difference other than to fuck up both of your lives?!" Her eyes and skin were glowing with energy, the orange flames igniting in place of her hair.

Rogue: "Oh, like y're one t' talk?! Y' know y'd do th' exact same thing in mah place if Shinobi confessed his feelin's t' you like Bobby did t' me! An' y' ain't known each other as long as us or even been half as much shit as Bobby an' Ah have!" Rogue was starting to feel her own blood burning a little hot. "We ain't gonna do anythin' else, damnit! But Ah needed somethin'!"

Carol: "You have something!" Carol pointed out, "And, no I wouldn't do the same thing. Not while he's married."

Rogue: "Not from someone who knows me better'n Ah know mahself an' has never left me. Never..." Rogue cut herself off and shook her head sharply. "It ain't like Ah planned it, damnit. Neither o' us planned any o' this. An' what th' fuck does it matter t' you anyway?!"

Carol: "You haven't even given Tony the chance to know you! He's a fucking person with feelings! Think about him. You think I like telling Obi to keep trying with Hope? You think that feels good to me? No. Of course it fucking doesn't. But I do it anyway because it's the right fucking thing to do. Where is this going to get you? Fucking nowhere. So why? Why would you ask Bobby that?"

Rogue: "B'cause he said somethin' 'bout lovin' me f'r a long time an' Ah was curious how long! Wouldn't you be?" She put her hands on her hips and stared daggers at Carol. "Y' think Ah'm gonna be havin' an affair with mah best friend?! Really?! This was a one-time thing an' we didn't even have sex."

Rogue: "An' more'n likely, if Tony sticks around after all th' evil shit Ah tell him, Ah'll not see Bobby anymore anyway, so it doesn't matter." That made her chest tight and feel like someone was clenching a fist around her heart and she took a gasping breath, sagging from her posturing.

Carol: She could not roll her eyes hard enough. "Oh please. You and Bobby are joined at the hivemind. You two will figure this out and probably make more mistakes. That feeling you have now?" she looked Rogue over, "That black hole opening in your chest? If you make Tony feel like that? Don't expect me to forgive you." She turned to walk to the other end of the kitchen and pick up her bag. "There's nothing you can say that'll make this less of a shitty thing to do."

Rogue: Rogue laughed bitterly. "Hivemind… Y’ have no idea." She shook her head, "Y' cain't feel what Ah'm feelin' if y' don't have love there t' begin with." Broken little doll...

Carol: Carol turned to look at her again, "You need to think seriously about what the fuck you want. Think real hard. And then stick to your answer. You wanna be with Bobby? If that's what he wants, let him get a divorce and go and be happy with him. I just think your timing is fucking terrible and Tony doesn't deserve this. Don't tell me you've been through things. You did this. This is all on you."

Carol: "You could have left it alone. You could have just moved into your mansion with Tony and had a great life. Now what are you going to do? Run away? You're a grownup, Rogue. You can't run away from yourself. Stay and fight for once."

Rogue: "What Ah want? What Ah want is mah husband t' not be dead! What Ah want is f'r mah best friend t' have not married Paige in th' first place like Ah fuckin' told him! What Ah want is f'r Tony t' fuckin' nut up an' tell me how he feels!" Rogue glared at Carol, "Y' have no idea. None. If Ah could reverse mah powers an' show y', Ah would. Then maybe y'd be crazier'n me 'cause y' a damned fuckin' sight crazy already."

Carol: She was crazy? "You wouldn't show me shit," Carol scoffed, "You don't tell anyone about this past you hide behind so you can use it as an excuse to torch every good thing you have in your life when the pressure gets too high. At least I know I fuck this shit up because I'm a mess. I own it. I let the people that care about me know what fucked me up because I want to be better."

Carol: "You want Tony to tell you he loves you. Tell him that. Don't torpedo the relationship because you're too fucking scared to give him the chance."

Rogue: "Y' don't think Ah've told him already?! He won't! An' Ah ain't gonna force him to 'cause then it wouldn't be real." Rogue moved back into the kitchen and evaporated the scotch mess, then her ice dome, and resumed cooking. "Ah don't tell anybody 'cause it's awful."

Carol: "Maybe it's a good thing he didn't. Now he can walk away like you want and still have some dignity left."

Rogue: "Ah don't know what Ah want," she growled under her breath as she beat the dough into submission. "'Leastways not who from."

Carol: "Then you better figure it out fast before Tony decides it's safe to say the word. And if you decide it's Tony you want? You tell him everything. Because he deserves to know."

Rogue: "That ain't none o' y' business, gal." Rogue picked up the dough and threw it down on the counter a few times to flatten it faster without punching through the granite. "But if y' think Ah wouldn't tell him then y' really don't know me at all."

Carol: "Tony's a friend. When you started sleeping with him you made it my business." She picked up her bag on the way to the door, the energy finally fading from her skin, "Enjoy your pie."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 9/22 Issue: Anger Pie

Post by Slarti »

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6